PDA

View Full Version : Would you want to play for SVG if you were a player?

lilteapot
04-23-2016, 11:23 AM
He's a really good coach but is really quick to call out and blame his players for losses. Has always been that way. Would you play for a guy like that?

$LakerGold
04-23-2016, 11:34 AM
I would develop a strong relationship/chemistry with him & ask him to stop blaming the players. Rofl

Other than that, I'd learn a lot from him.

stalkerforlife
04-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Bran wouldn't.

Foster5k
04-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Overrated coach. How many rings he got? Zero.

He'll never be on the levels of a top tier coach in the NBA. Yes, he done a decent job with the Pistons, but they will still get swept in the first round. Yes, he did a good job with the Magic, but they still didn't win a championship.

Imagine him coaching the Spurs or the Warriors. I think both teams would take a step back.

As a coach, you fall on the sword. You don't send the players to take the blade for you.

Jameerthefear
04-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Overrated coach. How many rings he got? Zero.

He'll never be on the levels of a top tier coach in the NBA. Yes, he done a decent job with the Pistons, but they will still get swept in the first round. Yes, he did a good job with the Magic, but they still didn't win a championship.

Imagine him coaching the Spurs or the Warriors. I think both teams would take a step back.

As a coach, you fall on the sword. You don't send the players to take the blade for you.
every coach in the NBA besides like 4-5 suck then
brad stevens sucks, thibs sucks, SVG sucks
yep

imdaman99
04-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Who did he call out this time? :oldlol:

Sure I wouldn't mind. I still get paid right? :pimp:

It's about how sensitive your players are. Some can take it, but I'd imagine most would not want to.

Jameerthefear
04-23-2016, 12:42 PM
also, every single former magic player loved him. the only one who couldn't take the approach of criticism was dwight howard, and look at how he turned out.

Foster5k
04-23-2016, 12:46 PM
every coach in the NBA besides like 4-5 suck then
brad stevens sucks, thibs sucks, SVG sucks
yep
Brad Stevens gets a pass since he's fairly new to the league. Plus, I like Brad Stevens and he seems to be doing a good job so far. Especially, considering it's only his second season.

Besides that, yes I could argue Thibs and SVG are overrated. I don't give a damn what happen to Rose, etc. With a healthy Rose, the Bulls still didn't get out the East. Chicago always seemed to under perform when the lights got bright.

Until Thibs wins a championship, he'll remain overrated. Now, he has the talent and all the power. No excuses.