PDA

View Full Version : Switch Barkley's 4 years on the Suns with LeBron's 4 years on the Heat

eliteballer
04-23-2016, 05:29 PM
How does each of them do?

Keeping in mind Barkley was a few years older you can switch out a couple of his years for what you consider to be his "peak" years.

Real14
04-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Barkley wins 4 rings. Bron wins none.

Lebron23
04-23-2016, 05:38 PM
Give me LeBron James cause he's a winner while Barkley is a ringless legend.

AngelEyes
04-23-2016, 06:20 PM
How does each of them do?

Keeping in mind Barkley was a few years older you can switch out a couple of his years for what you consider to be his "peak" years.

Can we make them taller and add inches to their vertical leap?

90sgoat
04-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Different dynamic but having Barkley at Heat allows Dwade to play to his potential, they win 2011 for sure.

Bankaii
04-23-2016, 07:55 PM
2011: lose to Bulls (who guards Rose in crunch time)
2012: lose to thunder (Barkley on Durant lol), if not Boston before Finals
2013: lose to Spurs
2014: lose to Spurs

eliteballer
04-24-2016, 12:51 AM
Different dynamic but having Barkley at Heat allows Dwade to play to his potential, they win 2011 for sure.

Interesting observation...hadn't thought how Wade would play better due to that.

Kvnzhangyay
04-24-2016, 12:59 AM
Win 2011 for sure, 2012 they win if they get to finals (idk if they beat boston tho)... 2013 and 2014 nah

Gileraracer
04-24-2016, 05:13 AM
Give me LeBron James cause he's a winner while Barkley is a ringless legend.

:roll:

Best joke in a long time

Bigsmoke
04-24-2016, 12:21 PM
Maybe in 2011 and 2012

lBJ would win in 94 and in 95

Bigsmoke
04-24-2016, 12:22 PM
2011: lose to Bulls (who guards Rose in crunch time)
2012: lose to thunder (Barkley on Durant lol), if not Boston before Finals
2013: lose to Spurs
2014: lose to Spurs

Wade can defend rose. Not as well as LeBron but still effectively.

Barkley would be going crazy on Boozer and Bosh was eating Noah alive in that series

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Win in 2011
Win in 2012
50/50 in 2013
Lose in 2014

About the same success to be honest. Barkley and Wade make a nice duo; they'd probably mesh better than Bron/Wade as well.

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2016, 12:42 PM
Win in 2011
Win in 2012
50/50 in 2013
Lose in 2014

About the same success to be honest. Barkley and Wade make a nice duo; they'd probably mesh better than Bron/Wade as well.

:biggums:

clear L's, bruh.. CLEAR

Young X
04-24-2016, 12:49 PM

clear L's, bruh.. CLEARHow would 2013 be clear?

There was a 12 game difference between the Heat and Knicks so it's safe to say they would still be the #1 seed with Barkley.

They get past the 37 win Bucks.
They beat the Bulls.

The Pacers series and Spurs series are questionable but Lebron didn't play at a level Barkley wasn't capable of (in those series).

I could see them losing to the Pacers with Barkley but it's not clear at all.

robby712
04-24-2016, 12:50 PM
People forget that Lebron was our leading scorer, rebounder, he was leading in assists and steals also during most of those years in Miami. Barkley is not near as good of a playmaker, and that is the most important aspect why I don't think thea Heat would have won more that 1. Lebron was actually a good 3 point shooter in Miami, he shot 40% , while Barkley was a poor shooter and on top of that, he fell in love with the 3.
People say that Wade would have had a bigger role with Barkley, and I do think they mesh well together, but that was not peak Wade, except for 2011 perhaps.
The Heat offense was get the ball to Dwyane and Lebron and let them create, and also the fast breaks generated by both Wade and James. They lose that playmaker with Chuck instead of Lebron and they drop down on defense.

KiiiiNG
04-24-2016, 01:21 PM
People forget that Lebron was our leading scorer, rebounder, he was leading in assists and steals also during most of those years in Miami. Barkley is not near as good of a playmaker, and that is the most important aspect why I don't think thea Heat would have won more that 1. Lebron was actually a good 3 point shooter in Miami, he shot 40% , while Barkley was a poor shooter and on top of that, he fell in love with the 3.
People say that Wade would have had a bigger role with Barkley, and I do think they mesh well together, but that was not peak Wade, except for 2011 perhaps.
The Heat offense was get the ball to Dwyane and Lebron and let them create, and also the fast breaks generated by both Wade and James. They lose that playmaker with Chuck instead of Lebron and they drop down on defense.
:applause:

Barkley stays ringless IMO. Type of guy who just can't get over the hump. Way too limited of a player compared to LeBron.

Heat's lack of depth and the absence of LeBron's play-making/scoring/perimeter defense/leadership = ZERO RINGS

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2016, 01:28 PM
How would 2013 be clear?

There was a 12 game difference between the Heat and Knicks so it's safe to say they would still be the #1 seed with Barkley.

They get past the 37 win Bucks.
They beat the Bulls.

The Pacers series and Spurs series are questionable but Lebron didn't play at a level Barkley wasn't capable of (in those series).

I could see them losing to the Pacers with Barkley but it's not clear at all.

Basically I dont see Barkley leading the team in every statistical category, 30/10/7 on 50% type shit while being #2 in DPOTY vonking and shutting George and West down...

90sgoat
04-24-2016, 01:29 PM

Wade is an excellent playmaker, he came into the league as a point guard and this year we are seeing still his great playmaking ability. It's true that Barkley is not as good a halfcourt passer as Lebron, but he is much better at playing the post and passing out of the post. He is one of the best of all time at passing out of the post. He is also one of the all time best in the open court on fastbreaks, Heat wouldn't miss a step in replacing Lebron with Barkley on fastbreaks.

sd3035
04-24-2016, 01:34 PM
Does Barkley get the same ref rigging as Lebald? If so, Barkley gets at least 3 rings

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-24-2016, 01:34 PM

clear L's, bruh.. CLEAR

2012 is basically surefire for me. Miami doesn't miss a whole lot with Bosh going down because of Barkley who could also shoot 3's while being a FAR better rebounder/inside post presence.

I also like THAT version of Wade being the Heat's playmaker. A bit more space for their offense to flourish as well.

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2016, 01:42 PM
2012 is basically surefire for me. Miami doesn't miss a whole lot with Bosh going down because of Barkley who could also shoot 3's while being a FAR better rebounder/inside post presence.

I also like THAT version of Wade being the Heat's playmaker. A bit more space for their offense to flourish as well.

um, yeah, but theres no LeBron? Okay, but logically, one would have to take away the help Bron had in an equal manner of Barkley...

but either way, thats clearly an L, how do you explain them beating the Celtics? Barkley wont be doing 50/15/5 on 70% in the elimination game. Wade wouldnot have been a better floor leader/playmaker than Bron.

tpols
04-24-2016, 01:50 PM
barkley would give the Heat what their biggest weakness was .. softness down low, defensive rebounding.

The lack of playmaking as compared to Lebron is a myth, Barkley was a great passer, he just operated more out of the post and off ball than Lebron did. Plus Wade can pick up playmaking duties pretty seamlessly as its his greatest strength as a player.

In 2013, the Heat were better when running wade and bron in separate lineups, than they were with both of them on the court together.

Barkley is a way better fit for this team, I see minimum 2 titles possibly 3 depending on if Barkley takes his conditioning seriously.

Basically I dont see Barkley leading the team in every statistical category, 30/10/7 on 50% type shit while being #2 in DPOTY vonking and shutting George and West down...

The east was a joke in 2013, plus Barkley solves a lot of miamis problems rebounding the ball, hes a much bigger presence in that regard than Lebron was and that was Indys only advantage over the Heat.

as far as spurs go San Antonio is a team notorious for getting killed by midrange shooters and stopping slashers in the paint, Barkley had killer mid range and post game and would be a nightmare matchup for them.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-24-2016, 02:02 PM
um, yeah, but theres no LeBron? Okay, but logically, one would have to take away the help Bron had in an equal manner of Barkley...

but either way, thats clearly an L, how do you explain them beating the Celtics? Barkley wont be doing 50/15/5 on 70% in the elimination game. Wade wouldnot have been a better floor leader/playmaker than Bron.

I think its been established that we're replacing LeBron with Barkley. :confusedshrug:

Also, why would CB34 have to put up "50/15/5 on 70%" in an elimination game? Who's to say there's an elimination game with a Barkley led Miami team? I've already suggested that him and Wade's games compliment each other better so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

ballinhun8
04-24-2016, 02:38 PM

Why? This guy has won a title without lebron. In 2012 he's not gonna be a better playmaker or leader? Miami would've his team the entire time.The team he led without lebron being there in this hypothetical situation. Coming off a 2011 title. They get thru BOS. But lemme tell you, Barkley in his prime in this hypothetical vs KG at thst time!!?? That is something to watch for sure. And they kill OKC in the Finals. No question.

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2016, 02:50 PM
I think its been established that we're replacing LeBron with Barkley. :confusedshrug:

Also, why would CB34 have to put up "50/15/5 on 70%" in an elimination game? Who's to say there's an elimination game with a Barkley led Miami team? I've already suggested that him and Wade's games compliment each other better so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

why wouldnt they be in need of one? unless you magically assume the Heat's role players now all of the sudden play better, its hard for me to just see Barkley replacing LeBron's 32/10 on 50% through 5 games :confusedshrug: and even if, again, how is he gonna follow THAT with 50/15 on 70%?

Why? This guy has won a title without lebron. In 2012 he's not gonna be a better playmaker or leader? Miami would've his team the entire time.The team he led without lebron being there in this hypothetical situation. Coming off a 2011 title. They get thru BOS. But lemme tell you, Barkley in his prime in this hypothetical vs KG at thst time!!?? That is something to watch for sure. And they kill OKC in the Finals. No question.

Yeah, but that sounds as lopsided as saying "Bron in his prime vs Pierce at that time!!??" It still didnt keep the Heat's role players from wetting the bed that series, and Wade providing sub optimal 2nd option help, and thus the need of a legendary game 6 by LeBron.... and I dont see Barkley getting that.

TheMarkMadsen
04-24-2016, 05:11 PM
AW how many times do you need to add 5 points to that game before you stop lying about how many points he scored? :oldlol: :oldlol: