PDA

View Full Version : It Doesn't Look Good For Curry

BeastMode24
04-24-2016, 08:59 PM
based on all the postgame comments it doesn't look good for Curry. injury sounds serious. could miss the entire playoffs and it best it looks like he'd make back for the end of the conference semi-finals. I'm so bummed about Curry's injury. just so depressing.

L8krH8tr
04-24-2016, 09:02 PM
dam i wanted to see the Spurs beat them legitimately.

LAZERUSS
04-24-2016, 09:04 PM
based on all the postgame comments it doesn't look good for Curry. injury sounds serious. could miss the entire playoffs and it best it looks like he'd make back for the end of the conference semi-finals. I'm so bummed about Curry's injury. just so depressing.

I hope not.

Best player in the game, and the greatest shooter of all-time.

Goldrush25
04-24-2016, 09:09 PM

It will be legitimate whether Curry plays or not. Durability is part of being a great team.

L8krH8tr
04-24-2016, 09:12 PM
It will be legitimate whether Curry plays or not. Durability is part of being a great team.

i guess i meant both teams at full strength for maximum competition.

Dragonyeuw
04-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Another site said something about a MCL sprain and will need 5-6 weeks to recover?

dubnation
04-24-2016, 09:23 PM
Its bad, but you're over-reacting. How about we wait for the MRI results to come out? It's definitely worrisome, since he's looked visibly fatigued for weeks and this could be the result of that...

On another note, the Rockets are one of the most pathetic teams I've ever seen in the playoffs.

90sgoat
04-24-2016, 09:31 PM
Sucks if he doesn't get a chance to win FMVP after his great season. The real finals this year was Spurs vs GSW.

What is the latest on his injury?

Marchesk
04-24-2016, 09:31 PM
If the Clippers make it to the conference finals for the first because of Curry's injury ... :facepalm

bdonovan
04-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Hindsight is 20-20 but they didn't need Curry to win this game. Curry being the competitor he is would push to be played but it's up to the coaches to override. The old classic was when the Knicks lost Willis Reed to injury; he then came back and made one shot that fired up his team (http://www.nba.com/history/reedwins_moments.html). Then they took him out. It was symbolic; could they have done that with Curry and a 3-pointer?

The injury was to his knee not his ankle; but he seemed not himself the whole game and perhaps his weak ankle contributed to it.

Nuff Said
04-24-2016, 09:43 PM
This

Its the curse of the point guard mvp, hes the next Rose
They used to call it the Lebron curse. Injury plagues anyone who threatens to overthrown him. Look@KD. Shit might even have gotten a little on Wade.

dude77
04-24-2016, 09:53 PM
clip I saw, he sort of lightly jogged it off putting pressure on it .. can you do that with a torn acl mcl ?

alanLA92
04-24-2016, 09:56 PM
Guess Lebron going to get beaten by the Spurs in the finals again. History always repeats itself.

AirBonner
04-24-2016, 10:04 PM
Hopefully Curry gets better. Honestly I think this is karma for kobe/curry stans for rubbing in every performance of Curry's this year.

Bosnian Sajo
04-24-2016, 10:08 PM
clip I saw, he sort of lightly jogged it off putting pressure on it .. can you do that with a torn acl mcl ?

It's definitely not torn, he came back and warmed up for the 2nd half before Kerr told him to go back into the locker room. Worst case scenario looks like he may have pulled something, which comes with a lengthy healing period, most likely causing him to miss the majority if not the entire playoffs.

Shitty situation for the entire league and fanbase, after such a historic season he injures himself twice in the first round? Ffs.

T_L_P
04-24-2016, 10:09 PM

Joe Flacco finished a game last season on a torn ACL, so I think it's possiblw.

What comments are you referring to exactly, OP?

Spurs5Rings2014
04-24-2016, 10:15 PM

:( :confusedshrug: :cry:

jstern
04-24-2016, 10:23 PM
He was crying at half time, so it does sound like he feels it's serious. Kind of like Kobe when he tore his Achilles.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-24-2016, 10:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LOicMJA.gif

Baller1986
04-24-2016, 10:27 PM
Warriors have some quality physical therapist. And Rockets are the worst team in the entire playoffs. They likely end the series in 5 games.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-24-2016, 10:28 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/xKy2w6LehxxHa/giphy.gif

Baller1986
04-24-2016, 10:30 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xKy2w6LehxxHa/giphy.gif

They said the same thing about the Cavaliers last year after Love and Uncle Drew got injured.

Bless Mathews
04-24-2016, 10:37 PM
Hindsight is 20-20 but they didn't need Curry to win this game. Curry being the competitor he is would push to be played but it's up to the coaches to override. The old classic was when the Knicks lost Willis Reed to injury; he then came back and made one shot that fired up his team (http://www.nba.com/history/reedwins_moments.html). Then they took him out. It was symbolic; could they have done that with Curry and a 3-pointer?

The injury was to his knee not his ankle; but he seemed not himself the whole game and perhaps his weak ankle contributed to it.

Worst Poast in ish history.

:facepalm

His ankle had absolutely NOTHING to do with what happened.

Zero.

None.

It was a freak injury where he slipped on another dudes sweat.

Dang.

Just :facepalm

NZStreetBaller
04-24-2016, 10:45 PM
Theyre gonna need him for the conference semis onward. Would be such a shame to see this record breaking team go down like this.

Im Still Ballin
04-24-2016, 10:47 PM

Zero.

None.

Dang.

Yep

He may have had ankle problems/injury prior to this, but you're snapping that knee either way if your slipping on sweat

Collie
04-24-2016, 10:51 PM
GS can probably take the Clippers/Blazers winner without Curry, but they NEED him against SAS. No way they are winning that series without him at least 90%.

I know you are
04-24-2016, 10:54 PM
I blame the game 3 refs for this injury. Call the obvious push of on Hardens game winner and Warriors don't play Curry in this one.

SwishSquared
04-24-2016, 11:13 PM
Based on what some people were saying, it's possible he sprained his MCL. The average recovery period for a player this year with a mild sprain was 15 days. I'd imagine he's sitting out this series for sure now, and potentially will miss games next series. It's better for him to be physically right because I'd imagine if he came back early this injury could linger and fester.

Relinquish
04-24-2016, 11:18 PM

Flacco is tough as nails :applause:

FashionIssues
04-24-2016, 11:33 PM
was not 100% to come back today. 2 injuries on the same leg no way he moves and evade cats the same rest of the way.

FashionIssues
04-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Flacco is tough as nails :applause:
ask flacco to make lateral cuts in an nba game while running an offense and using those legs to take valuable shots

Sportal
04-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Who saw the footage? What did it look like?

KiiiiNG
04-24-2016, 11:41 PM
ask flacco to make lateral cuts in an nba game while running an offense and using those legs to take valuable shots
ask curry to step back in a pocket knowing at any second a 300 lbs gorilla could shatter his hopes and dreams and his entire existence in the blink of an eye

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT PRESSURE BRO. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FEAR.

Im Still Ballin
04-24-2016, 11:44 PM
https://twitter.com/ObsevSports/status/724391114854174720

Tears. Unlucky bro.

Im Still Ballin
04-24-2016, 11:45 PM
Grade 1 MCL (1-2 weeks)
Grade 2 MCL (2-4 weeks)
Torn MCL (Season over)

FashionIssues
04-24-2016, 11:46 PM
ask curry to step back in a pocket knowing at any second a 300 lbs gorilla could shatter his hopes and dreams and his entire existence in the blink of an eye

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT PRESSURE BRO. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE FEAR.
you can sling passes without legs. upper body. getting sacked is not his problem

AirBonner
04-24-2016, 11:49 PM
you can sling passes without legs. upper body. getting sacked is not his problem
That gets exposed VERY quickly when the pocket collapses. :biggums:

KiiiiNG
04-24-2016, 11:50 PM
on a torn ACL? Getting sacked on a torn ACL isn't his problem?

Don't insult my intelligence. You bastard.

Chuckbrook
04-24-2016, 11:55 PM

Also, Russell Westbrook was able to finish the game on a torn meniscus after Beverly targeted his knee.

-Brook

FashionIssues
04-25-2016, 12:08 AM
this is not an argument about withstanding pain. NFL is brute. NBA is finesse. Flacco was able to play right? but think about where an NBA shooters mechanism begin.

oarabbus
04-25-2016, 12:16 AM

Rondo played (and won IIRC) an entire OT period on torn acl

kamil
04-25-2016, 12:19 AM
Rondo played (and won IIRC) an entire OT period on torn acl

So did Chuck Norris.

Terahite
04-25-2016, 12:20 AM
I blame the game 3 refs for this injury. Call the obvious push of on Hardens game winner and Warriors don't play Curry in this one.

tmacattack33
04-25-2016, 12:30 AM
They used to call it the Lebron curse. Injury plagues anyone who threatens to overthrown him. Look@KD. Shit might even have gotten a little on Wade.

Yes, especially Wade was on Lebron's own team.

bdonovan
04-25-2016, 12:36 AM

Zero.

None.

Dang.

Haha, my bad then. I thought his ankle stability had something to do with how he fell. Monetijunas (sp?) slipped on the same area but didn't have as awkward a fall.

Nuff Said
04-25-2016, 01:01 AM
Yes, especially Wade was on Lebron's own team.
He was also on Wade's team when Wade was gunning for FMVP...

SexSymbol
04-25-2016, 05:07 AM
Curry is incredibly tough, so it will be hard to forbid him from playing if he feels there's even a one percent chance that he can contribute to the team.
Hopefully, he's ok, it's not healthy for basketball if he's injured for a long time, and the spurs title would be meaningless

keep-itreal
04-25-2016, 05:20 AM
I don't think they can beat the Clippers without Steph Curry.

3ball
04-25-2016, 05:20 AM
Curry is incredibly tough

Lies - he's as fragile as they come.

And he's never intimidated anyone in his entire life.

SexSymbol
04-25-2016, 05:23 AM
Lies - he's as fragile as they come.

And he's never intimidated anyone in his entire life.
He doesn't shy away to playing through injuries as he shown last night, clearly wasn't himself, didn't give a F though and still tried to run as fast as he could, always cut to the basket.
He's never intimidated anyone? Tell that to OKC and other teams that he just took their souls away with his incredible level of play.

3ball
04-25-2016, 05:40 AM
He doesn't shy away to playing through injuries as he shown last night, clearly wasn't himself, didn't give a F though and still tried to run as fast as he could, always cut to the basket.
He's never intimidated anyone? Tell that to OKC and other teams that he just took their souls away with his incredible level of play.
I meant more physically in that he's somewhat injury prone and slight of build.

I wasn't talking about the other stuff - clearly, his ability to embarrass defenders intimidates, and he's obviously tough mentally to perfect the 3-point shot like he did.. I'm sure he's had many 1000 shot days.

jimmy77x
04-25-2016, 06:17 AM
I don't think they can beat the Clippers without Steph Curry.

They cant and they wont. If curry cant return its game over, cavs 2016 champs. Easy cakewalk ring for bran.

retaxis
04-25-2016, 07:19 AM
They cant and they wont. If curry cant return its game over, cavs 2016 champs. Easy cakewalk ring for bran.
Spurs would destroy the Cavs. Leonard would shut down Lechoke and LMA/Duncan would dominate the paint offensively. LMA/Duncan high low game vs Love/Thompson? OH please its like 2 7 footers beating down unskilled 6-9s. Then put Parker and LMA on the PNR with Love defending Parker? Thats overkill. Spurs can get theirs all game every game whenever they want against the Cavs.

tpols
04-25-2016, 07:31 AM
Spurs would destroy the Cavs. Leonard would shut down Lechoke and LMA/Duncan would dominate the paint offensively. LMA/Duncan high low game vs Love/Thompson? OH please its like 2 7 footers beating down unskilled 6-9s. Then put Parker and LMA on the PNR with Love defending Parker? Thats overkill. Spurs can get theirs all game every game whenever they want against the Cavs.

i agree with this.

Golden State doesnt have anyone to run a high low with, they just rim run and chuck 3s, and if the 3s arent working they dont have much w/o Curry going off, and theres always a chance curry gets hurt mid series by delly or something.

the spurs are built to take advantage of love / thompson frontcourt with their skill down low. If Love tries to guard lamarcus they need to abuse that matchup, and if they switch thompson onto him they need to feed duncan

keep-itreal
04-25-2016, 07:34 AM
:oldlol: @ talking about Spurs VS Cavs.

Spurs might not even beat the Thunder

tpols
04-25-2016, 07:37 AM
:oldlol: @ talking about Spurs VS Cavs.

Spurs might not even beat the Thunder

you dumb .. real dumb

rzp
04-25-2016, 07:38 AM
i agree with this.

Golden State doesnt have anyone to run a high low with, they just rim run and chuck 3s, and if the 3s arent working they dont have much w/o Curry going off, and theres always a chance curry gets hurt mid series by delly or something.

the spurs are built to take advantage of love / thompson frontcourt with their skill down low. If Love tries to guard lamarcus they need to abuse that matchup, and if they switch thompson onto him they need to feed duncan

lmao at "feed duncan". Dude barely can play 10 min to save his life.

hold this L
04-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Curry is incredibly tough, so it will be hard to forbid him from playing if he feels there's even a one percent chance that he can contribute to the team.
Hopefully, he's ok, it's not healthy for basketball if he's injured for a long time, and the spurs title would be meaningless
Long term he's fine. Issue is about playoffs of course, but yeah it's not looking good. Maybe there will be a bit of luck after so little of it from him this series and he comes back in 10-14 days with Clippers/Blazers series getting extended even longer after their next game.

fragokota
04-25-2016, 08:53 AM
If Clippers win tonight and Curry's MRI comes clean & he can come back in 2 weeks, then GSW should seriously consider dropping a game or two to the Rockets to extend their own series instead. Buy Steph as much time as possible. They won't be able to go past the Clippers without him.

ninephive
04-25-2016, 10:11 AM
On an unrelated note, I haven't seen the Curry celebration gif much today.

KOBEtherealKing
04-25-2016, 10:29 AM
GS can probably take the Clippers/Blazers winner without Curry, but they NEED him against SAS. No way they are winning that series without him at least 90%.

Without curry, clippers in 6

moongaze
04-25-2016, 11:11 AM
Doubt it's anything serious. Curry likes to play up these injuries for attention

Real14
04-25-2016, 11:21 AM
No matter what, It's either gonna be warriors or spurs as this year's champs. As long as Bron don't win then I don't give a damn.

I know you are
04-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Doubt it's anything serious. Curry likes to play up these injuries for attention
Like Kobe. Kobe always played the tough card in interviews, but you know he had each injury leaked to the media to play of this legend story.