PDA

View Full Version : Who's worse against Dallas: lebron or Durant?

masonanddixon
04-25-2016, 03:40 AM
One guy had the worst Finals of all time vs Dallas, the other always plays like ass against the Mavs but still wins because of his supporting cast.

plowking
04-25-2016, 05:14 AM
Has Lebron lost to Dallas since the finals?

He utterly dominates them.

3ball
04-25-2016, 05:25 AM

He can dominate them all he wants in the regular season exhibition battles

They beat him for the championship when it counted - they already won the war and forever ruined his legacy.

plowking
04-25-2016, 05:27 AM

They beat him for the championship when it counted - they already won the war and forever ruined his legacy.

I don't know who is the bigger sad case in this all. You or OP?

Can't believe another man impacts your life this much. :oldlol:

SpaceJam
04-25-2016, 05:29 AM
I don't know who is the bigger sad case in this all. You or OP?

Can't believe another man impacts your life this much. :oldlol:

Cause you know that reply was 100% correct, admit the defeat bro :oldlol:

plowking
04-25-2016, 05:40 AM
Cause you know that reply was 100% correct, admit the defeat bro :oldlol:

Defeat to what? Another dude obsessed with Bron comes along.

If his legacy was ruined so much, how is he being talked about as a top 5 great by almost all the greats, even now. Even with his career not nearly close to done?

Yeah, ruined. :oldlol:

Bunch of idiots on here. No real basketball discussion going on.

masonanddixon
04-25-2016, 05:40 AM

lol Cleveland beat Dallas without him this season. Dallas has been Dirk + Dleaguers since the 2011 Finals.

SpaceJam
04-25-2016, 05:45 AM
Defeat to what? Another dude obsessed with Bron comes along.

If his legacy was ruined so much, how is he being talked about as a top 5 great by almost all the greats, even now. Even with his career not nearly close to done?

Yeah, ruined. :oldlol:

Bunch of idiots on here. No real basketball discussion going on.

I didn't see the legacy part, I don't agree with that :oldlol:

They beat him for the championship when it counted

That however is 100% true, who cares if he dominated them since, they got the wins that mattered

masonanddixon
04-25-2016, 05:52 AM

That however is 100% true, who cares if he dominated them since, they got the wins that mattered

lol yes, lebron is a beast against rookie Justin Anderson in the rookie season, too bad he can't even post up the likes of Jose Juan Barea in the Finals.

plowking
04-25-2016, 06:01 AM

Not his fault the Mavs can't make the finals again. At the end of the day, he has more championships than the entire Mavs franchise. See what a dumb way it is to look at it?

3ball
04-25-2016, 06:04 AM
If his legacy was ruined so much, how is he being talked about as a top 5 great by almost all the greats, even now.

2011 ruined any chance he had of being goat.. That's what I meant by legacy.

But in reality, 2011 was only PART of what ruined his chances at goat.

His overall career ensured he can't get there - there's no chance to be goat when a player averages 5 to 7 less PPG in the playoffs on worse efficiency across the board (TS, FG, ORtg):

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12324029&postcount=9

plowking
04-25-2016, 06:07 AM
2011 ruined any chance he had of being goat.. That's what I meant by legacy.

But in reality, 2011 was only PART of what ruined his chances at goat.

His overall career ensured he can't get there - there's no chance to be goat when a player averages 5 to 7 less PPG in the playoffs on worse efficiency across the board (TS, FG, ORtg):

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12324029&postcount=9

You don't have to score more to be a better player.

Ending up top 5 all time isn't a ruined legacy either.

He quite clearly is one of the best 5 players to ever play, and he has championships and accolades to show for it.

Gileraracer
04-25-2016, 06:09 AM
Lebron, see 2011 finals when Jason Terry outscored him

3ball
04-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Career Playoffs - PER GAME:

JORDAN: 33.4 ppg.. 1.7 oreb.. 4.7 dreb.. 5.7 apg.. 3.1 tov.. 2.1 spg.. 0.9 blk.. 48.7 fg.. 56.8 ts.. 118 ORtg
LEBRON: 28.2 ppg.. 1.5 oreb.. 7.2 dreb.. 6.7 apg.. 3.5 tov.. 1.7 spg.. 0.9 blk.. 47.3 fg.. 56.5 ts.. 114 ORtg

Career Playoffs - PER 100 POSSESSIONS:

JORDAN:. 43.3 pts.. 2.2 oreb.. 6.1 dreb.. 7.4 ast.. 4.0 tov.. 2.7 stl.. 1.1 blk.. 48.7 fg.. 56.8 ts.. 118 ORtg
LEBRON:. 36.5 pts.. 2.0 oreb.. 9.3 dreb.. 8.6 ast.. 4.5 tov.. 2.2 stl.. 1.2 blk.. 47.3 fg.. 56.5 ts.. 114 ORtg

Career Finals - PER GAME:

JORDAN: 33.6 ppg.. 6.0 rpg.. 6.0 apg.. 2.8 tov.. 1.8 spg.. 0.65 bpg.. 48.1 fg
LEBRON: 26.4 ppg.. 9.6 rpg.. 6.9 apg.. 4.0 tov.. 1.8 spg.. 0.54 bpg.. 44.6 fg

You don't have to SCORE more to be a better player.

It wasn't just scoring - you forgot about Jordan's superior postseason efficiency across the board (TS, FG, ORtg).. There's never been a number 1 option that scored 5-7 more ppg on better efficiency that wasn't considered the FAR better player.. :confusedshrug:

Jordan's massive scoring edge on superior efficiency is much more valuable than Lebron's 1.0 assist edge (with more turnovers) and 2.5 defensive rebound edge (MJ had more offensive rebounds).

Lebron's assist edge is particularly meaningless considering he achieves his assists by lowering his TEAMMATES' assists and playmaking, as the stats show (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11709473&postcount=1).

And consider this: no all-time great led their team in scoring for every playoff series of their careers - except Jordan, who led the Bulls in scoring BY AT LEAST 10 PPG for every playoff series.. Let that sink in - Jordan was on another level.

In addition to leading his team in scoring by goat margins, Jordan led the Bulls in assist percentage for both 3-peats (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11713121&postcount=49) AND was the best defender ever at his position.. That's the biggest load of any player ever..