PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie is more of a natural scorer than Lebron

JohnMax
04-25-2016, 09:57 AM
He doesn't rely on brute force and speed to score the ball.

Im Still Ballin
04-25-2016, 10:01 AM
You mean he is more of a finesse scorer than Lebron who is a power/brute scorer

No such thing as a 'natural' scorer

Lebron's problem is he tries to play too often like something he's not. He needs to play like Paul Millsap did today... He still is an efficient scorer, he just has tendencies to try play iso ball, which isn't his game. At least turn it into a PnR, or post possession. Lebron should really try working on his face up post game. Like Millsap today.

Im Still Ballin
04-25-2016, 10:10 AM
How you doing by the way, John!

Real14
04-25-2016, 11:05 AM
Yeah kyrie is way better in that department.

Genaro
04-25-2016, 12:03 PM
I know it's something he probably won't do but Lebron should let Kyrie do his thing in crunch time while he serves as a decoy.

Kblaze8855
04-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Kyrie is the kind who would be brutal to play with on days his shot isnt going. That dude overdribbles like Steve Francis. Seems like every time he scores he takes about 3 seconds too long to do it. Just on the edge of a teammate losing composure. Lebron holds the ball as well but hes always willing to give it up the moment someone comes open. Kyrie gets blinders on and takes it to the streets.

lilteapot
04-25-2016, 12:29 PM
I know it's something he probably won't do but Lebron should let Kyrie do his thing in crunch time while he serves as a decoy.
So they're just going to live and die by Kyrie?

I disagree. I think they're better off running their offense and trying to get open looks rather than depending on Curry to create for them.

moongaze
04-25-2016, 12:37 PM
I agree with Kyrie having the ball in crunch time. He's more proven in the clutch than lebron and is a threat from more parts of the floor than lebron is. They should still run an offense but it should go through him

Im Still Ballin
04-25-2016, 12:44 PM
That's because refs call fouls less inside late in the game

It's why gamewinners are almost always jumpers from outside

ralph_i_el
04-25-2016, 01:01 PM
Kyrie is a better jumpshooter and has a scorer-mindset.

LeBron has always been a tactical basketball player, not a pure scorer. It just so happens that for most of his career, making the right play involved him going to the rim.

Im Still Ballin
04-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Lebron has to play more like this, instead of playing Iso ball, from the outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W20Pz5JOMrU

You almost never see him face up in the post

He would be so dangerous at it

lilteapot
04-25-2016, 01:08 PM
Lebron has to play more like this, instead of playing Iso ball, from the outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W20Pz5JOMrU

You almost never see him face up in the post

He would be so dangerous at it
What? He faces up all the time.

Lebronxrings
04-25-2016, 01:11 PM
list of times kyrie outscored lebron in a season?

Im Still Ballin
04-25-2016, 01:13 PM
What? He faces up all the time.
Is it really a face up if it's 20ft from the basket? Those to me are isolation plays, especially because he takes so long

It's a matter of getting deep position and then being able to effectively use a face up, which it has more value than a faceup 20ft from the basket which is really an ISO

Klay 3D
04-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Kyrie is more skilled of a scorer than Lebron
Lebron is more effective of a scorer than Kyrie

moongaze
04-25-2016, 01:16 PM
I wish Kyrie would have taken the last shot in game 1 if the finals last year instead of lebron. Maybe he would have made it and then no injury would have happened. I'm certain he would have gotten off a much better shot than that ridiculous step back three.

Bankaii
04-25-2016, 01:21 PM
Where did this dumb argument that using strength, size, speed, etc are a negative in scoring come from?

Is Russell a greater scorer than Shaq, because he used a more finesse approach? No.
The objective of scoring is to put that ball on the hoop on the highest efficiency possible.
Lebron is top 5 all time in that respect.

bizil
04-25-2016, 05:16 PM
Kyrie is more skilled of a scorer than Lebron
Lebron is more effective of a scorer than Kyrie

Exactly right! In terms of scoring skillset, Kyrie has the edge. Plus Kyrie is a score first PG as it is. It's what he does best! BUT in terms of results, Bron is HISTORICALLY among the best scorers of all time. Bron is a pass first player ALSO capable of leading the league in scoring. Just like how Big O was back in the day. That's what makes those two so unique. It's VERY RARE to be a dominant scorer in that fashion.

LilEddyCurry
04-25-2016, 05:21 PM
Nick Young is more of a natural scorer than Shaq.

inclinerator
04-25-2016, 05:26 PM
he relies on a thousand dribbles tho

AirFederer
04-25-2016, 05:55 PM
But LeBron is waaaay more efficient and also much better at everything else, and a better teammate..soooo...

Kyrie is of the And1 generation, the dazzling, careless moves, you love him when it goes in (no homo!) and hate him when it's not, which is more often...

RedBlackAttack
04-25-2016, 08:49 PM
Kyrie is the kind who would be brutal to play with on days his shot isnt going. That dude overdribbles like Steve Francis. Seems like every time he scores he takes about 3 seconds too long to do it. Just on the edge of a teammate losing composure. Lebron holds the ball as well but hes always willing to give it up the moment someone comes open. Kyrie gets blinders on and takes it to the streets.
The Steve Francis comparison always makes me scratch my head. Francis was a low-efficient chucker who was also a bit of a turnover machine. He wanted his game to look like Kyrie Irving's, but he wasn't skilled enough to pull it off.

Francis seemingly always had his blinders on. Kyrie generally won't over-shoot the ball or over-dribble (at least these days) unless his shot is falling, which is why his eFG% has been over 50% since he stepped into the league at 19.

Francis had four years of college and never displayed that kind of efficiency. And, Francis turned the ball over 4 times a game for basically his whole career. That's truly brutal.

No doubt Irving still has some things to learn, as you'd expect in a player who just turned 24 and is playing his fifth season with his fourth head coach, including his first three years under the brutal duo of Byron Scott and Mike Brown.

Spurs5Rings2014
04-25-2016, 08:57 PM
still has some things to learn, as you'd expect in a player who just turned 24 and is playing his fifth season

Leonard will be even better in a few more years.

:cheers:

RedBlackAttack
04-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Leonard will be even better in a few more years.

:cheers:
Leonard would not be the player you see today had he been drafted into any other system or by any other team. Perfect marriage, which is a compliment to both him and the current best franchise in professional sports, imo.

Irving would be a star anywhere and I can't imagine what Pop would have him molded into by now.

Btw, I'll continue to point out how insanely great that draft class was in retrospect...

Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Jimmy Butler
Klay Thompson
Isaiah Thomas
Kemba Walker
...and loads of very good role players.

RRR3
04-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Cool. LeBron scores more often and more efficiently.