PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol: ''Pau to San Antonio''

Kawhi
04-26-2016, 11:44 AM
https://twitter.com/JohnMartin929/status/724663653656469506

John Martin @JohnMartin929
Marc Gasol on Pau Gasol's future: "If I had to guess -- not that I've talked to him about it -- would be San Antonio."

Back to back championships it is.

JohnnySic
04-26-2016, 11:47 AM
Do they need him, with Aldridge there? Would he replace West?

Kawhi
04-26-2016, 11:48 AM
It's always nice to have some extra fire power off the bench.

ImKobe
04-26-2016, 11:49 AM

Duncan is set to retire anyways.. Pau is the closest thing they could have to replace him with.

Im Still Ballin
04-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Damn. That'd be a quality pickup.

Im Still Ballin
04-26-2016, 12:03 PM
He's good for 15/10/2 blocks at his old age

90sgoat
04-26-2016, 12:07 PM
He can keep the roster spot until Marc gets there.

And Pau isn't coming off the bench, this is like people saying Pau should come off the bench in Chicage, absurd!

imdaman99
04-26-2016, 12:09 PM
He's a bad defender, especially at this age. I welcome the Spurs taking him on. He worsened the Bulls over time, and hopefully he does the same for the Spurs. However, I'm sure Pop would be smart enough not to give him much time.

34-24 Footwork
04-26-2016, 12:15 PM
He's good for 15/10/2 blocks at his old age

Lol. Marc Gasol or Pau Gasol????

Kawhi
04-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Lol. Marc Gasol or Pau Gasol????
That was Pau's statline just this very season.

plowking
04-26-2016, 12:19 PM

Pau is a better player than Aldridge right now. If anyone should come off the bench out of the two, it should be Aldridge.

Milbuck
04-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Pau is a better player than Aldridge right now. If anyone should come off the bench out of the two, it should be Aldridge.
:oldlol:

Aldridge absolutely shits on Pau.

34-24 Footwork
04-26-2016, 12:20 PM
That was Pau's statline just this very season.

Doesn't matter. Legit big men lick their chops when they know that Pau is in the front court. Yes, he gets his hands on a few balls (no homo) because he's 7'1. But he gets his shit pushed in against quality big men at this stage of his career.

Kawhi
04-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Doesn't matter. Legit big men lick their chops when they know that Pau is in the front court. Yes, he gets his hands on a few balls (no homo) because he's 7'1. But he gets his shit pushed in against quality big men at this stage of his career.
Well, in all likelihood, he'll be coming off the bench. And it's a different story if you're out there playing Andre Drummond or Aaron Baynes.

HurricaneKid
04-26-2016, 12:26 PM
LMA
Duncan
West
Diaw

No thanks Pau. Spurs don't need a 5th string C. Thanks for thinking of us though!

34-24 Footwork
04-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Well, in all likelihood, he'll be coming off the bench. And it's a different story if you're out there playing Andre Drummond or Aaron Baynes.

He's a Boris Diaw of his position these days.

Smart enough for approx. 10min of quality production.

Lazy enough to CONSISTENTLY not rotate on the defense end and attempt to flop his way to the freethrow line on the offensive end.

90sgoat
04-26-2016, 12:35 PM
He's a bad defender, especially at this age. I welcome the Spurs taking him on. He worsened the Bulls over time, and hopefully he does the same for the Spurs. However, I'm sure Pop would be smart enough not to give him much time.

Pau is nowhere near a bad defender he is 5th in the league in blocks and 6th in the league in rebounds, bad defender I think not.

What he is bad at is rotating on pick and rolls and doesn't play hard help defense if he doesn't get touches offensively.

He is an excellent one on one big man defender and if motivated is a good rim protector.

34-24 Footwork
04-26-2016, 12:37 PM
Pau is nowhere near a bad defender he is 5th in the league in blocks and 6th in the league in rebounds, bad defender I think not.

What he is bad at is rotating on pick and rolls and doesn't play hard help defense if he doesn't get touches offensively.

He is an excellent one on one big man defender and if motivated is a good rim protector.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Levity
04-26-2016, 12:59 PM
with pops management of minutes, the spurs seem like a good team for pau to finish his career with. hes always been a team player, but i wonder how hed feel about coming off the bench long-term

plowking
04-26-2016, 01:03 PM
:oldlol:

Aldridge absolutely shits on Pau.

At midrange shooting, and that is about where it ends.

Pau is the better post player, rebounder, defender (even though he has gotten worse), passer, etc.

Bandito
04-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Wow just wow.

90sgoat
04-26-2016, 01:19 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Do you even watch Pau?

How do you think he racks up those 5th league leading blocks if he is a poor help defender as most claim?

He absolutely dominates most centers in the league, I am sure someone can find the advanced stats to prove it.

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Pau is 4th in the league in rim protection - points saved stat as the link above. Pau is an EXCELLENT post defender and you're a hater if you don't see it. He isn't very good at rotating, but one on one he is great.

ImKobe
04-26-2016, 01:23 PM

Pau is the better post player, rebounder, defender (even though he has gotten worse), passer, etc.

You clearly haven't watched Pau play since 2010 :oldlol:

That guy is gone...he has some moves on O but he gets his shit pushed in against quality bigs and opponents that like to run a lot, he'll produce some numbers in the regular season but his team just missed the Playoffs in the EAST, with Butler and Rose both being healthy for most of the season...

Do you even watch Pau?

How do you think he racks up those 5th league leading blocks if he is a poor help defender as most claim?

He absolutely dominates most centers in the league, I am sure someone can find the advanced stats to prove it.

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Pau is 4th in the league in rim protection - points saved stat as the link above. Pau is an EXCELLENT post defender and you're a hater if you don't see it. He isn't very good at rotating, but one on one he is great.

Some of those stats can be misleading, he can be soft as hell on the boards and against teams that like to run, he did the same thing for LA back in 2012 and then got his shit pushed in when we played OKC and disappeared completely...

Chadwin
04-26-2016, 01:41 PM

You are wrong.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/2200/tracking/defense/?Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular%20Season

90sgoat
04-26-2016, 01:44 PM

That guy is gone...he has some moves on O but he gets his shit pushed in against quality bigs and opponents that like to run a lot, he'll produce some numbers in the regular season but his team just missed the Playoffs in the EAST, with Butler and Rose both being healthy for most of the season...

Some of those stats can be misleading, he can be soft as hell on the boards and against teams that like to run, he did the same thing for LA back in 2012 and then got his shit pushed in when we played OKC and disappeared completely...

Not really, but seen in context, as I said, when he wants to be he is an excellent low post defender, however he is lazy on pnr and lazy on rotations IF he doesn't get the low post touches he wants, which he shares with many big men including Dwight.

34-24 Footwork
04-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Not really, but seen in context, as I said, when he wants to be he is an excellent low post defender, however he is lazy on pnr and lazy on rotations IF he doesn't get the low post touches he wants, which he shares with many big men including Dwight.

I've watched Paul since his Grizzlies days. The "blocks" stat when pertaining to Pau is extremely misleading. He does a GREAT job of keeping his hands high but that's it. I love Pau, but I'm honest.

Bosnian Sajo
04-26-2016, 02:04 PM

You say that like it's something to be ashamed of, the East was much better this season than the West.

Milbuck
04-26-2016, 02:07 PM

You know how I know you haven't watched either of these guys?

Genaro
04-26-2016, 02:17 PM
I don't think Pau would go to the Spurs to be a barely play kind of guy. He has the rings. I feel like he wants to go to a team where he still is important. And a starter.

HylianNightmare
04-26-2016, 02:37 PM
He can still start and make more

alanLA92
04-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Feel like we discussed this before when Pau could of went to SA or OKC back in 14 but chose the Bulls. Would be the best choice for him.