PDA

View Full Version : Apple going downhill?

~primetime~
04-27-2016, 11:03 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/26/technology/apple-earnings/index.html

iPhone
First quarter of 2015: 61.2 million
First quarter of 2016: 51.2 million, down 16%

iPad
First quarter of 2015: 12.6 million
First quarter of 2016: 10.2 million, down 19%

Mac
First quarter of 2015: 4.6 million
First quarter of 2016: 4 million, down 12%

Profit
First quarter of 2015: $13.6 billion
First quarter of 2016: $10.5 billion, down 22%

yobore
04-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Apple's profit margins have been huge compared to the other phone companies. Now that people realize the phone quality isn't significantly better, there is no longer justification for the price. It sucks to be a hardware company one second you're on top of the world then you're selling a commodity and end up like RIM or Nokia.

blablabla
04-27-2016, 11:20 AM
Apple hasn't brought anything innovative to the market since jobs' death. Most have just been terribly average like the 5se, 6s with the 3dtouch, ipad pro which for some reason is still running on a mobile os totally defeating its purpose. And with the Apple watch and that awful extra battery for the iphone they released 2 products which exemplify the contrast between jobs era apple and the current apple. They need a serious shake up.

DeuceWallaces
04-27-2016, 11:40 AM
They need another product soon. Their stock is dropping, and they may have 'nixed the AppleCar.

DCL
04-27-2016, 11:48 AM
iphone users dont seem to get excited with the S-models. they try to milk the shit out of everything too much.

iphone 6 = big hit, helped grab former apple users who switched to android back to apple

iphone 6S = not upgrade-worthy, even iphone fanboys who already got the 6 didnt give a fk

Velocirap31
04-27-2016, 12:03 PM
2/3 of their revenue comes from the iphones, so if those aren't going to sell as much, they're in trouble. Maybe an apple oled television will bring some more revenue.

navy
04-27-2016, 12:07 PM
No. But people arent dumb enough to keep buying expensive phones for minimal upgrades....

Well they are. But hopefully some wake up. The reality is the phones would get cheaper and better if we all skipped a few generations forcing them to cut the price or innovate.

I know Apple stans are getting mad....so let me just say Samsung is the same way.

SCREWstonRockets
04-27-2016, 12:08 PM
lol apple will be fine. people just like to have options.

Bosnian Sajo
04-27-2016, 12:13 PM
Only reason I want an iphone is because of snapchat. Can't do the cool face filters on Android. :oldlol:

And Verizon/Sprint has iphone for life, which (correct me if I'm wrong, heard it from a friend) you pay $20 every month and get to trade in your old phone as soon as a new one is released. Idr if you have to pay an extra $100 dollars when you trade in or not, but look at it this way. New iphone after taxes costs between $800-$850, let's say $825. New iphone is released on average every year. This plan costs $240/year + $100 when trading in, $340 total. So you get a new phone as soon as it's released for cheaper (about $150 less) than it would be to just go and upgrade your phone every 2 years, which is what most people do.

That in itself is a big draw, Samsung should take heed. And idk when they started this, but it could be the very reason why it looks like Apple is selling less. They very well may be selling the same amount of phones, just giving out better deals to draw more people in, thus the slight loss in profit in hopes of reeling in more fish. Sound business plan.

dazzer87
04-27-2016, 12:14 PM
2/3 of their revenue comes from the iphones, so if those aren't going to sell as much, they're in trouble. Maybe an apple oled television will bring some more revenue.
Apple OLED tv??? You know how much they are going to cheap for that??? $$$$$$ IF LG oled are 3-4k for last yr model and 8k for this year model how much will apple charge for theirs?

dazzer87
04-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Only reason I want an iphone is because of snapchat. Can't do the cool face filters on Android. :oldlol:

And Verizon/Sprint has iphone for life, which (correct me if I'm wrong, heard it from a friend) you pay $20 every month and get to trade in your old phone as soon as a new one is released. Idr if you have to pay an extra $100 dollars when you trade in or not, but look at it this way. New iphone after taxes costs between $800-$850, let's say $825. New iphone is released on average every year. This plan costs $240/year + $100 when trading in, $340 total. So you get a new phone as soon as it's released for cheaper (about $150 less) than it would be to just go and upgrade your phone every 2 years, which is what most people do.

That in itself is a big draw, Samsung should take heed. And idk when they started this, but it could be the very reason why it looks like Apple is selling less. They very well may be selling the same amount of phones, just giving out better deals to draw more people in, thus the slight loss in profit in hopes of reeling in more fish. Sound business plan.
2016 and people are still doing 2 year contract.......:roll:

NumberSix
04-27-2016, 12:25 PM
They need another product soon. Their stock is dropping, and they may have 'nixed the AppleCar.
Apple iStraw. It digitally enhances water to make it takes like other drinks.

dazzer87
04-27-2016, 01:17 PM
Damn its starting.........

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Body-Found-in-Conference-Room-at-Apples-Curpertino-Headquarters-377287401.html

Draz
04-27-2016, 01:30 PM
Now would be a great time to buy some apple stocks

eriX
04-27-2016, 01:41 PM

but they can...? I've seen Samsung and HTC (myself) do it. So off to android you go

~primetime~
04-27-2016, 01:50 PM
I was looking at that, don't want to mess with it.

looks like Apple stock has been trending down for the past year...and I'm not finding anything in their future to get excited about.

Looks like their Smart Watch stuff is about to plummet too...

To me it looks like Apple already peaked and is now on the down...but who knows, at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if something revived them, it's Apple.

Nanners
04-27-2016, 01:50 PM
I have bought a few apple products over the years but I am pretty much done with them now. The quality of their stuff has gone noticeably downhill recently, and being extorted for hundreds of dollars over minimal "upgrades" like a little bit more storage space in this day and age is insulting. The year is 2016 and their base model phone comes with only 16gigs of storage and no expansion slot, you have to pay hundreds more to get a decent amount of storage. Meanwhile flash memory cards are cheap as shit right now.

DukeDelonte13
04-27-2016, 02:09 PM
I was looking at that, don't want to mess with it.

looks like Apple stock has been trending down for the past year...and I'm not finding anything in their future to get excited about.

Looks like their Smart Watch stuff is about to plummet too...

To me it looks like Apple already peaked and is now on the down...but who knows, at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if something revived them, it's Apple.

nobody used to have apple computers and they survived and now have a huge share in the notebook industry. Macs used to be these oddball machines you'd only see once in a blue moon. Now they are arguably just as popular as PC for regular non business consumers. I think they'll be fine. They came up as a niche computing company.

OSX is just awesome. There isn't a better OS out there. Worth the extra money IMO hands down. My Windows 10 machine is such a sh*t show. I can't imagine how anyone that uses both can say with a straight face that any iteration of windows runs better than OSX.

UK2K
04-27-2016, 02:16 PM
nobody used to have apple computers and they survived and now have a huge share in the notebook industry. Macs used to be these oddball machines you'd only see once in a blue moon. Now they are arguably just as popular as PC for regular non business consumers. I think they'll be fine. They came up as a niche computing company.

OSX is just awesome. There isn't a better OS out there. Worth the extra money IMO hands down. My Windows 10 machine is such a sh*t show. I can't imagine how anyone that uses both can say with a straight face that any iteration of windows runs better than OSX.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 7.5% is good for 4th place, just ahead of Acer.

During the recent third quarter, Apple commanded a 7.5 percent share of the computer market, up from 6.9 percent a year ago, IDC said.

Lenovo was No. 1 with a 21 percent share, Palo Alto-based Hewlett-Packard was No. 2 with a 19.6 percent share and Dell was No. 3 with a 14.3 percent share.

Apple has been in the notebook industry for 10 years now, and still only have 7.5%, despite having the brand recognition. I don't think huge is the word I'd use to describe their market share.

dazzer87
04-27-2016, 02:32 PM

Sounds like a user error. I worked on Windows 10 and 7 and its as good as OSX.

Draz
04-27-2016, 07:21 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/687f1ad216e21bcb60b91b45363d11d9/tumblr_o6273xeoGL1roqv59o1_500.png

Asshole.

Dray n Klay
04-27-2016, 09:54 PM

lol, no it wouldn't

NZStreetBaller
04-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Steve jobs believed in producing "the next big thing" where as all the clowns around him were focused on making the most profit out of what they had. Steve brings us the iphone way ahead of its time and they just keep bringing out "slightly" upgraded models to continually maximize profit and thats not what made apple great

macmac
04-27-2016, 11:44 PM
I am a firm believer that the next revolution will be the VR, AR and MR revolution. It will be as big as smartphones, if not bigger.

Magic leap bought by Google (MR)
Nokia and GoPro, Ambarella for their cameras
AMD and Nvdia for their processors
Facebook for the Occulus
Disney investing in Jaunt
Largan
HTC for the Vive
Samsung for the GEar VR

Those are stocks worth looking into. Let me know if anyone knows other public companies with potential in the VR industry.

~primetime~
04-28-2016, 12:09 AM
^^^ Samsung stock is literally $1.2 million a share.

Not sure why they do that, I haven't read up on it yet, but for whatever reason they only want billionaires day trading their stock.

I wanted to get in on them and was like "wtf"!?

Bandito
04-28-2016, 12:50 AM

Tell me the specs of your mac and the one for win 10?

macmac
04-28-2016, 12:57 AM
^^^ Samsung stock is literally $1.2 million a share.

Not sure why they do that, I haven't read up on it yet, but for whatever reason they only want billionaires day trading their stock.

Lol that's not in usd currency. They're like 1k a share, but they're not easy to purchase.

~primetime~
04-28-2016, 01:05 AM
Lol that's not in usd currency. They're like 1k a share, but they're not easy to purchase.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/24/investing/samsung-stock/

Yeah just read up, that sounds like a mess to deal with I'll pass.

Riddler
04-28-2016, 01:06 AM

Why on God's Green Earth would you want to invest in Samsung?

Any corporation that makes flat screen TV's is going down... way down.

Because..... Where is the evolution of the TV suppose to go now?
It can probably make one more advancement and then it's over.
TV's go down in price. And once everybody can get a flat screen
for $100... there will be no place left for that industry to go.

I don't like investing in technology. Period.

~primetime~
04-28-2016, 01:10 AM

Samsung makes a whole lot more than TVs and supposedly is messing with graphine for their phones. I've been trying to find a way to get on graphine some how. Tech stocks can be risky but if you're looking to win big that's where it's at.

Riddler
04-28-2016, 01:13 AM
Samsung makes a whole lot more than TVs and supposedly is messing with graphine for their phones. I've been trying to find a way to get on graphine some how. Tech stocks can be risky but if you're looking to win big that's where it's at.

http://signups.wallstreetdaily.com/X303Q6G8
THE ARMS RACE FOR GRAPHENE IS OFFICIALLY ON

ok... I see.

~primetime~
04-28-2016, 01:17 AM
Yeah *graphene is the future. My spell check wants graphine.

Anyway, Samsung is not listed on any US market, it's hard to buy their stock and even if you do buy it you can profit and still lose money with the currency exchange.

~primetime~
04-28-2016, 01:20 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02447/yoummain_2447820k.jpg

Graphene phones gonna be like a sheet of paper...

Riddler
04-28-2016, 01:30 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/nov/20/applied-graphene-materials-agm-shares-market-debut

AGM?

British company.

~primetime~
04-28-2016, 01:36 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/nov/20/applied-graphene-materials-agm-shares-market-debut

AGM?

British company.
Good find

They aren't doing anything innovative with it, but they do know how to make it in bulk.

Might be a good one.

highwhey
04-28-2016, 01:45 AM

It seems like TV's are still selling well and technology like HDR and OLED are going to get cheaper and become mainstream. I think you meant to say cable/satellite tv is dead.

Riddler
04-28-2016, 01:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rJvis97pEc
Are There Any Good Graphene Stocks? | Ask A Fool - 3/19/14 | The Motley Fool

Only one comment made under the video:

This is the stock you need to own to cover off graphene. Graphene 3D Lab TSXV: GGG - $ 1 million USD in revenue and 8000 customers. Put it on the watch list at least Fools!

Riddler
04-28-2016, 01:58 AM
It seems like TV's are still selling well and technology like HDR and OLED are going to get cheaper and become mainstream.

Okay... So then what?

Where does the industry go from there?

Technology was the wrong word (I used earlier)... Electronics is what I meant.

And they won't be selling very well for long.

highwhey
04-28-2016, 02:04 AM
Okay... So then what?

Where does the industry go from there?

Technology was the wrong word (I used earlier)... Electronics is what I meant.

And they won't be selling very well for long.
For as long as there is content(shows/games) and content providers(netflix,amazon,sling, cable) - television sets will be popular and in demand. There is still a lot of advancments tv's can make.

Riddler
04-28-2016, 02:20 AM
There is still a lot of advancments tv's can make.

I'm not seeing it...

What...? like a T.V. that can produce holographic images?

What advancements are left?

just not good for long term if you ask me....

Really I don't think there are many good investments left.

http://neweconomics.net.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/derivatives-3.jpg

also...

https://wideawakegentile.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/petrodollar-system-agreement.jpg

also...

http://www.greenwoodhall.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Higher-Education-Bubble-Part-1.png

also...

http://truthstreammedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/declassify.jpg

Not looking good for America right now.

highwhey
04-28-2016, 02:35 AM
I'm not seeing it...

just not good for long term if you ask me....

Really I don't think there are many good investments left.

http://neweconomics.net.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/derivatives-3.jpg

also...

https://wideawakegentile.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/petrodollar-system-agreement.jpg

also...

http://www.greenwoodhall.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Higher-Education-Bubble-Part-1.png

also...

http://truthstreammedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/declassify.jpg

Not looking good for America right now.
Lol what do those things have to do with TV's? Televisions are not a failing market. You realize tv's are far ahead of content right? Many people have a 4k tv yet 4k content is not mainstream. 8k tv's are going to be selling soon.

Nanners
04-28-2016, 02:40 AM
I think macmac is spot on that VR is going to be huge.

TV has HUGE potential with VR. Imagine sitting down on your coach and putting on your VR headset, which loads you into a courtside seat for game 7 of the NBA finals? or being able to sit on the 50 yard line at the superbowl? Instead of watching a movie, you can be inside of the movie. Shits got crazy potential.

Riddler
04-28-2016, 02:41 AM
Lol what do those things have to do with TV's?

Uhmmm... who is going to buy a T.V. in the midst of a Great Depression?

Am I predicting another Great Depression?

Somewhere between 2016-2019 the U.S. Dollar will be assassinated.

and when U.S. Dollar collapses... so does everyone else's.

What you've seen in Greece the past few years... will be coming to America soon.

There will be a run on Banks...

https://banksvscreditunions.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/bank-run.jpg

highwhey
04-28-2016, 02:56 AM
Uhmmm... who is going to buy a T.V. in the midst of a Great Depression?

Am I predicting another Great Depression?

Somewhere between 2016-2019 the U.S. Dollar will be assassinated.

and when U.S. Dollar collapses... so does everyone else's.

What you've seen in Greece the past few years... will be coming to America soon.

There will be a run on Banks...

https://banksvscreditunions.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/bank-run.jpg
You shifted the argument from "tv has no further advancements" to "US economy will collapse, no one will buy Tv's"

:facepalm

andgar923
04-28-2016, 03:43 AM
VR gonna be huge?

Just like the 3D I assume?

And if VR IS indeed gonna be huge, it won't be until Apple jumps into the game everyone knows this. There are some VR Apple (http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/apple-vr-project/) patents dating back a number of years (http://www.macrumors.com/2002/03/24/apple-stereoscopic-displays-and-wearable-computers/) along with acquisitions and hires, so Apple has been researching some aspects, but that doesn't necessarily mean Apple will release anything into the market or that it will release what we traditionally know as VR.

And Apple will be fine. Apple itself predicted it will lose money last year mostly due to supply and demand issues. They simply didn't ship enough to maintain demand, combine that with the dollar inflation across the world.

A few years ago I called the release of this year's (upcoming) iPhone the one that will shake things up again. Things work in cycles, it takes time for technology to catch up to itself. This next iPhone will send competitors back to the drawing board once again.

Nanners
04-28-2016, 03:53 AM
VR gonna be huge?

Just like the 3D I assume?

And if VR IS indeed gonna be huge, it won't be until Apple jumps into the game everyone knows this. There are some VR Apple (http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/apple-vr-project/) patents dating back a number of years (http://www.macrumors.com/2002/03/24/apple-stereoscopic-displays-and-wearable-computers/) along with acquisitions and hires, so Apple has been researching some aspects, but that doesn't necessarily mean Apple will release anything into the market or that it will release what we traditionally know as VR.

And Apple will be fine. Apple itself predicted it will lose money last year mostly due to supply and demand issues. They simply didn't ship enough to maintain demand, combine that with the dollar inflation across the world.

A few years ago I called the release of this year's (upcoming) iPhone the one that will shake things up again. Things work in cycles, it takes time for technology to catch up to itself. This next iPhone will send competitors back to the drawing board once again.

:oldlol:

VR is a whole different beast than 3D. it might take a little while for the technology to develop, but VR is obviously the future of entertainment.

and no, apples problem is not that they cant keep up with supply and demand issues. all of apples products are and have been widely available and in stock, the problem is less people are buying them. this whole post is trash.

iamgine
04-28-2016, 04:02 AM
I'm not seeing it...

Perhaps a paper thin, flexible, wirelessly powered TV that you can put anywhere.

People would still put TVs in their homes at least for the next ten years. It's almost a decoration piece nowadays. It's just like...your living room need a sofa or else it'll be weird.

Riddler
04-28-2016, 04:08 AM
You shifted the argument from "tv has no further advancements" to "US economy will collapse, no one will buy Tv's"

:facepalm

please explain to me why there will be a demand for a nicer looking
flat screen.

I mean... you can only go so far with how nice a picture looks on screen.

We took the T.V. from a Box... and made it flat... There was a demand there.
Nobody wants a A big heavy Box in their house taking up space when it
can be hung up on wall.... And nobody wants to move a 100lb TV.

people won't shell out big $$$ anymore because the advantage of having
a picture frame over a giant box is so much greater than just upgrading your
existing picture frame.

If you want to invest $ into nicer looking flat screens... be my guest.
Sure, advancements can always be made. but will it be something
the public is demanding? I say no.

$hit, didn't Circuit City go bankrupt not too long ago?

not claiming to be an expert on where HD, VR, and Flat screens are going.
I'm just saying I would not want to invest money here...

andgar923
04-28-2016, 04:14 AM
:oldlol:

VR is a whole different beast than 3D. it might take a little while for the technology to develop, but VR is obviously the future of entertainment.

and no, apples problem is not that they cant keep up with supply and demand issues. all of apples products are and have been widely available and in stock, the problem is less people are buying them. this whole post is trash.

The tech behind VR is a beast, but will it gain traction with the masses enough to make a dent?

The prospect of Apple's iPhone 6s cycle falling short of the mega cycle upgrade stoked by iPhone 6 models in the previous year was widely talked about even before the Q4 call. In the following quarter, Apple laid out clear guidance of where it believed it would be heading in the March quarter.

Apple's chief financial officer Luca Maestri unequivocally stated, "We expect revenue to be between $50 and $53 billion. We are providing a wider range for revenue than usual for the second quarter because of the volatility we are seeing in the economy and in the financial and currency markets."

He also answered an analyst question, stating that, "in constant currency, when you look at it, for the March quarter, revenue would be down between 5 and 10 percent."

Sure enough, Apple reported $50.557 billion in revenues for the quarter.

A potential revenue decrease in the March quarter was not an "unthinkable and anathema" idea. In contrast, a wide variety of media sources reported, based on supply chain rumors, that Apple had supposedly cut December production by 10 percent and that Apple was expected to reduce supply by 30 percent in the March quarter.

Those are far larger decreases than Apple subsequently reported for either quarter. There was no decrease in December, and nowhere near a 30 percent decrease in iPhones during the March quarter. However, those stories were played non-stop over the last two quarters, making it absurdly ridiculously for Daisey to now claim that anyone actually expected iPhone 6s to surpass the iPhone 6 upgrade cycle during the March quarter.

andgar923
04-28-2016, 04:16 AM
In fact, the primary reason iPhone 6s numbers didn't set new records while driving $50.6 billion in quarterly revenue and quarterly net income of $10.5 billion is that last year's super cycle of iPhone 6 upgrades were so incredibly high.
The other major reason was that Apple (and all other American companies doing business globally) was hurt by unfavorable exchange rates around the world due to the strength of the U.S. dollar.

Apple is actively driving iPad adoption in Enterprise as a revolutionary mobile PC, and noted that "IDC indicates that iPad accounts for 72% of the U.S. commercial tablet market, comprising business, government, and education," while adding that "NPD indicates that iPad has 78% share of the U.S. market for tablets priced above $200."

Services actually brought in $10 billion in revenues this quarter, before Apple delivered $4 billion of that to its content partners. Apple makes so much real money that it doesn't have to massage its numbers to look better than they are, so it only books Services revenue using the money it actually takes away from its online operations, not the full amount it collects.

In its most recent earnings call, Apple noted that its profit margins from Services are significantly higher than its other sales.

Daisey further claimed that "the longer that [iPhone] is Apple's only crown jewel the better the chance they will be disrupted," which is incorrect on multiple levels. First of all, Apple has a series of crown jewels: a $23.2 billion iPad business, a $25.5 billion Mac business, a $20 billion Services segment, and that $10 billion Other Products category that includes Apple TV, Beats, iPods, accessories and Apple Watch.

And...

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/iphone-se-doing-better-even-202255956.html

Nanners
04-28-2016, 04:19 AM
The tech behind VR is a beast, but will it gain traction with the masses enough to make a dent?

hell yes. my friend has the oculus rift and i have played around with it a little bit, VR is already crazy and its only the beginning of the first generation. VR has insane potential, i think it will completely revolutionize high end video games and tv when its all said and done.

im not saying screens are going to disappear, there will still be plenty of uses for traditional monitors, but VR allows you to do things that are simply not possible with any sort of traditional display screen. being inside of a virtual world is a totally different ballgame than just looking at one on a screen.

anyway i am no apple hater. like i said earlier i own several apple products, including the macbook i am using to write this very post. i dont think apple is going to disappear any time soon, i wouldnt buy the stock personally but there are far worse investments out there. i think its pretty obvious why their sales are down when you visit their store, the price/value ratio of their products is at an all time low, and their alleged superiority to their competitors is at an all time low as well.

macmac
04-28-2016, 05:09 AM
http://www.wired.com/2016/04/magic-leap-vr/

Read this article, the possibilities are endless and it's coming fast. Now is the time to gamble on companies that are putting themselves in the best position to succeed.

Forget the Occulus rift, it is but a glimpse. Waiting till VR billion dollar movies become the norm. When our houses become half physical reality have mixed or augmented reality. Shit is gonna be insane, possibilities are endless

andgar923
04-28-2016, 09:49 AM
hell yes. my friend has the oculus rift and i have played around with it a little bit, VR is already crazy and its only the beginning of the first generation. VR has insane potential, i think it will completely revolutionize high end video games and tv when its all said and done.

im not saying screens are going to disappear, there will still be plenty of uses for traditional monitors, but VR allows you to do things that are simply not possible with any sort of traditional display screen. being inside of a virtual world is a totally different ballgame than just looking at one on a screen.

anyway i am no apple hater. like i said earlier i own several apple products, including the macbook i am using to write this very post. i dont think apple is going to disappear any time soon, i wouldnt buy the stock personally but there are far worse investments out there. i think its pretty obvious why their sales are down when you visit their store, the price/value ratio of their products is at an all time low, and their alleged superiority to their competitors is at an all time low as well.

Im not stating VR is suck.

Simply stating that we've had tech that was anointed the next greatest thing but never took off with the masses, key word is 'masses'. It will fill a void for niche segment but it's still too early to tell if it'll grain traction with the masses and into a legitimate game changer. Does anyone remember the Google glass? IT was suppose to usher an era of everyone wearing glasses, but it never took off.

And like I stated, it won't take off until Apple joins the party. Now, those aren't ramblings of a fanboy, it's just what has been proven to be the case time and time again.

And yeah, Apple has competition, Huwaei has penetrated into Apple's cell phone business cutting into both Samsung and Apple's market. But that will only last for a short time.

What I posted was simply to show some proof that Apple is not doomed as some may think it is... far from it. The SE has been a bigger hit than Apple even predicted and even tho their sales have dropped in the tablet and pc front, so have everybody else's yet they still dominate the tablet and smartwatch market.

The new iPhone will bring Apple back to new record level sales, breaking its own record (yet again). And if they do release VR 'it' will be the one to beat.

macmac
04-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Why are you stating that it won't take off unless Apple joins in like its some universal truth? There's giants like fkin Disney, Google and Facebook involved, and Samsung and Sony. Trust me they're not waiting for Apples permission on anything.

And if you don't see the possibilities of VR and compare it to 3D or motion controls which seemed like half baked ideas from the start, then you are incredibly near sighted and cannot grasp the bigger picture.

VR will be fkin huge. Quote me on that in 2021.

chosen_one6
04-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Apple will be late to the VR party, as it usually is to innovative tech lately. They'll just copy someone elses design and try to give it a fancy name and shiny look, and the Apple sheep will claim it's better than anything ever done before, despite it not being as good as what other companies offer. This same cycle happened with their computers, their phones, their crappy watch, and will with any other product they release.

DCL
04-28-2016, 03:02 PM
billionaire carl icahn says fk this sh!t to apple

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-28/billionaire-icahn-exits-apple-stake-almost-3-years-after-buying

andgar923
04-28-2016, 05:28 PM
Why are you stating that it won't take off unless Apple joins in like its some universal truth? There's giants like fkin Disney, Google and Facebook involved, and Samsung and Sony. Trust me they're not waiting for Apples permission on anything.

And if you don't see the possibilities of VR and compare it to 3D or motion controls which seemed like half baked ideas from the start, then you are incredibly near sighted and cannot grasp the bigger picture.

VR will be fkin huge. Quote me on that in 2021.
Apple has opened the floodgates for markets.

There were music players before iPod, Apple took it to another level.
There was smart phones before the iPhone, again Apple opened the floodgates.
There's been tablets for years, but the iPad made it universal.
Mostly geeks wore smart watches, Apple made them desirable.

History backs up my claim.

It won't be a mass consumed market until Apple opens the door, regardless of who's on board. Until then it will only be a niche market.

macmac
04-28-2016, 06:02 PM

It won't be a mass consumed market until Apple opens the door, regardless of who's on board. Until then it will only be a niche market.

What about video games, Tvs, blu Rays, cameras, drones? Stop being a fkin idiot. Are you this blind? No one said Apple didn't innovate, but that doesn't mean that new tech needs Apple. you're just rambling incoherently

chosen_one6
04-28-2016, 06:02 PM

False. You're just a sheep like the rest of them.

UK2K
04-28-2016, 06:20 PM
False. You're just a sheep like the rest of them.
This.

andgar923
04-28-2016, 10:06 PM
What about video games, Tvs, blu Rays, cameras, drones? Stop being a fkin idiot. Are you this blind? No one said Apple didn't innovate, but that doesn't mean that new tech needs Apple. you're just rambling incoherently

Good points, can't argue with that.