PDA

View Full Version : what kind of moves should the clippers make this offseason

Dr Seuss
04-27-2016, 12:58 PM
does LAC let this teams main pieces get healthy and try again for a deep run next year? or is it time to shake it up and see what kind of return you get for one of their big 3?

HurricaneKid
04-27-2016, 01:05 PM
If KD is really planning on moving on a Blake+ for KD would seem to be a really good deal for both teams that would really struggle to find value for superstars likely to move on in the next few years.

Or just trading him away for significant depth. They reportedly offered him up for Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, Will Barton and Nikola Jokic at the deadline. That would really bolster the Clips who still roll out some really rough players when their big 4 aren't in.

Blake and DJ really do require the same real estate to be successful.

imnew09
04-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Move the fk outta LA. This Choker team is putting LA to shame

Dr Seuss
04-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Or just trading him away for significant depth. They reportedly offered him up for Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, Will Barton and Nikola Jokic at the deadline. That would really bolster the Clips who still roll out some really rough players when their big 4 aren't in.

that would be an incredible return for the clippers

ClipperRevival
04-27-2016, 01:15 PM
Maybe trade CP3 and try to get a great 3 in return. Clips truly need a great 3. And probably put a bigger load on BG and ask him to do more facilitating like he did late last year when he was dominant at times and just run a more free flowing offense with less ball dominance.

The other way to go would be to trade BG and find another great 3 and surround CP3 with shooters with DJ being the rim roller. That worked well when BG was out and a great 3 would've made them even more dangerous.

I'm just not sure. But this trio just doesn't work well together. BG/DJ are too redundant.

Levity
04-27-2016, 01:18 PM
clippers should gauge bostons interest in BG. but for nothing less than nets pick and appropriate filler.

theres potential in that trade to improve both teams

Hey Yo
04-27-2016, 01:25 PM
Chris Paul can opt. out of his contract after this season if he chooses to.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did so even though he would be walking away from 22+mil.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/chris-paul/

kurple
04-27-2016, 01:29 PM
Gallo would be perfect for LAC

Too bad they literally have nothing to offer.. Clippers have been one piece away for years no, but never looks to add assets. Should have traded Crawford 3 years ago

senelcoolidge
04-27-2016, 01:36 PM
They should get rid of Doc, but they won't. Trade CP3, trade him to another contender. Build around Blake and DJ for the moment. Get a serviceable point and a real SF. Keep the bench minus Pierce and Prignoni since they are both washed up. Develop players...but Doc doesn't do that. They can still be a playoff team but not contenders. They will still be better than than the garbage lakers.

Klay 3D
04-27-2016, 01:43 PM
CP3 for Dragic and Winslow

Rooster
04-27-2016, 02:06 PM
does LAC let this teams main pieces get healthy and try again for a deep run next year? or is it time to shake it up and see what kind of return you get for one of their big 3?

Keep the core and make another run. Blake and Jordan are still young.

I know you are
04-27-2016, 02:16 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if he did so even though he would be walking away from 22+mil.

Joining LeBron.

Fiasco
04-27-2016, 03:05 PM
1) Doc Rivers needs to go--in every capacity. His personnel decisions have been lateral at best and his front office work has just been horrendous. I genuinely don't know how many 1st round draft picks we own at this point, and with Paul's looming player option and Griffin's contract up in a year... the writing might be on the wall.

2) Jamal Crawford needs to go. Guy is atrocious defensively and essentially puts the Clippers down a man on the court if he's not hitting shots.

(the above also applies to Paul Pierce, but they'll have to trade him)

3) At it stands now, I'd probably look to move Chris Paul before either of the other 'big three'. He's an arguable Hall of Famer but the man is getting older and his injuries keep adding up--in every post-season berth with the Clippers, he's either been injured or entered injured. Unless you're Curry, your theoretical best player can't be a point guard.

4) Make a move for a small forward. This position has haunted the Clippers ever since they signed Ryan Gomes to play professional basketball. How has it taken them so long to realize this as their position of weakness? Jeff Green wasn't the answer for the other 2 teams that made a move for him, why did Doc think this time was the charm? I've read things surrounding a Griffin for Durant trade but the rumor is silly, considering LAC doesn't need to do OKC any favors by trading for a guy that is likely going to test free agency anyways.

5) Get better at drafting. In Doc's entire tenure as head of basketball-ops I don't think I've seen a single draft pick play meaningful minutes for this team. Either they're not talented or Doc's too busy relying on his washed up veterans to try and save his job. I personally think it's the latter because he's a moron, but in a cap-centric world your good players are ideally out-producing the values of their contracts.

hold this L
04-27-2016, 03:10 PM
It's going to be tough, but they need to buy a winning mentality. :pimp:

StephHamann
04-27-2016, 03:39 PM
1) Doc Rivers needs to go--in every capacity. His personnel decisions have been lateral at best and his front office work has just been horrendous. I genuinely don't know how many 1st round draft picks we own at this point, and with Paul's looming player option and Griffin's contract up in a year... the writing might be on the wall.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yb3FUOXXpedSU/giphy.gif

Haymaker
04-27-2016, 03:40 PM
CP3 for Dragic and Winslow

Not bad!

Draz
04-27-2016, 03:49 PM
CP3 for Dragic & Winslow would be a decent enough trade

Fiasco
04-27-2016, 04:16 PM

I like Winslow but it's a bad fit for the Clippers. They'd have even less outside shooting than they already do by making that trade. If the plan is to make plays through Blake, he's going to need guys that can hit from beyond the arc.

HurricaneKid
04-27-2016, 04:43 PM

He wouldn't be walking away from $22M. He will be eligible for up to 35% of the 110M cap next offseason. That is 38.5M in the 1st year of a deal. So if he is walking away from 22M he is walking towards 38.5M.

OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO OPT OUT.

bdreason
04-27-2016, 04:50 PM
People keep talking about trading Blake... but CP3 is the old guy here. Unless you can get a young Superstar for Blake (like KD), then I think they Clipps need to move CP3.

senelcoolidge
04-27-2016, 04:56 PM
People keep talking about trading Blake... but CP3 is the old guy here. Unless you can get a young Superstar for Blake (like KD), then I think they Clipps need to move CP3.

CP3 deserves a championship..send him to one of the contending teams so he can finally get his chip. Get something good for him in return.

sd3035
04-27-2016, 05:11 PM
Hopefully to the D league

ClipperRevival
04-27-2016, 05:49 PM
I like Winslow but it's a bad fit for the Clippers. They'd have even less outside shooting than they already do by making that trade. If the plan is to make plays through Blake, he's going to need guys that can hit from beyond the arc.

True. But at the same time, we've never had a 3 like Winslow. Wes is ultra athletic but he simply doesn't know how to play the game. Winslow is built like a man and you can't teach what he has. But of course in an ideal world, our 3 would also be able to shoot the 3.

ClipperRevival
04-27-2016, 05:55 PM

That would be a terrible trade. CP3 is playing like an all time great right now and can possibly play at a high level for 3-5 more years given his all around game on both ends. Dragic isn't going to win you anything. I like Winslow but that's not nearly enough for a guy like CP3.

AirFederer
04-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Build around Austin, let him be the centerpiece as a shoot first PG.

Trade cp3 for javale. Get Matt Barnes back. Start Jamal Crawford at SF.

ClipperRevival
04-27-2016, 05:58 PM
CP3 deserves a championship..send him to one of the contending teams so he can finally get his chip. Get something good for him in return.

The guy had legit chances to win the last 2 years but choked it away.

clipps
04-27-2016, 06:48 PM

Chris Paul seems like the only one hungry for a championship. I don't see that in Blake. Plus, I think Blake has peaked anyway. He has a great face up game, good passing and a decent mid-range game. But everything else is crap. Defense, rebounding, post game, mental toughness. I can't imagine Blake honing those skills out of nowhere. You either have those skills or you don't. Paul is older, but I'd rather surround him with other reliable players that do have some mental toughness. Imagine CP paired up with Durant or Paul George who can take a lot of pressure off of CP.

G-train
04-27-2016, 06:55 PM
They don't need to do much but stay healthy, and they will compete for WCF.

Hey Yo
04-27-2016, 07:09 PM
He wouldn't be walking away from $22M. He will be eligible for up to 35% of the 110M cap next offseason. That is 38.5M in the 1st year of a deal. So if he is walking away from 22M he is walking towards 38.5M.

OF COURSE HE IS GOING TO OPT OUT.
Which contending team has the money/ is going to pay him towards 38.5mil. a season?

He's not signing with a tweener/non-contender just for the money at this stage of his career.

coin24
04-27-2016, 07:20 PM
They should move to another city and start fresh..

They're an embarrassment to LA. All this whining about CP3 deserves better, they choked away the series against the rockets last year:oldlol:

guy
04-27-2016, 07:27 PM
Trade CP3 for Kyrie. CP3 is clearly better but it prolongs their window. Mutually beneficial trade too.

Trade DJ for a couple of good role players. He might be the most overrated player in the league. You can't expect to be a championship team as the worst FT shooting team in the league unless you have someone as dominant as Shaq. He's too much of a liability and doesn't provide enough to offset that.

longtime lurker
04-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Trade Paul and Blake for draft picks and cap space. Make Austin Rivers the face of the franchise. You can only hope to contain him.

PsychoBe
04-27-2016, 11:08 PM
they should move to the d-league.

soots
04-28-2016, 01:58 AM
IMO, clips are fine.

Reddick was in the running for MIP. CP3 was CP3, DJ was DJ.

The got hit by injuries this season. Which is a bummer but it does happen.

Without injuries they would be in the same group as SAS/OKC with Reddick becoming one of their main guns along with big 2.5.

Spurs m8
04-28-2016, 01:59 AM
lol no

LeFraud James
04-28-2016, 02:49 AM
They can do whatever the **** they want, just get them out of Laker Nation