PDA

View Full Version : Sources: David Blatt meets with Knicks about coaching job

Draz
04-27-2016, 03:00 PM
[quote]Former Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt met with New York Knicks president Phil Jackson on Monday to discuss the franchise

AirBonner
04-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Source: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sources--david-blatt-meets-with-knicks-about-coaching-job-151826324.html
California still taking the L's. Another Laker's potential coach gone :oldlol:

Draz
04-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Isn't Thibs going to the Wolves as president/coach or some shit? I believe the first and best coach of choice for any team would be David

Haymaker
04-27-2016, 03:15 PM
Fvck Kurt Rambis. He's a shitty coach. Jackson's insistence on the triangle is detrimental for the franchise. The system won't matter if you don't have the pieces.

IllegalD
04-27-2016, 03:35 PM

:oldlol: this retard thinking any educated Laker fan would be upset about "losing out" on Blatt.

You probably said the same thing when Scott Brooks got hired. :roll:

Meticode
04-27-2016, 03:41 PM
More like Blatt is taking the L if he chooses the Knicks.

Draz
04-27-2016, 03:44 PM
More like Blatt is taking the L if he chooses the Knicks.
I'm a Knicks fan, I'd agree. However, it starts ground up, and if the franchise ever wants to improve it starts with the coach and then the pieces. Blatt + Melo/Porz is a good start to rebuild. Trade around pieces, bring in another star player or two, etc.

I hope he comes. But it's a huge risk for him.

Meticode
04-27-2016, 04:03 PM
I'm a Knicks fan, I'd agree. However, it starts ground up, and if the franchise ever wants to improve it starts with the coach and then the pieces. Blatt + Melo/Porz is a good start to rebuild. Trade around pieces, bring in another star player or two, etc.

I hope he comes. But it's a huge risk for him.
You have to move Jackson out of there first before any coach takes over. The owner of the Knicks wanted to interview Thibs and Jackson flat out said no because he knows he won't run the triangle. How are you as a player going to trust a front office that won't even interview arguably the best coach out there. Jackson is handcuffing the franchise right now and the only good thing he's done since coming there is get Porzingis.

Draz
04-27-2016, 04:06 PM
You have to move Jackson out of there first before any coach takes over. The owner of the Knicks wanted to interview Thibs and Jackson flat out said no because he knows he won't run the triangle. How are you as a player going to trust a front office that won't even interview arguably the best coach out there. Jackson is handcuffing the franchise right now and the only good thing he's done since coming there is get Porzingis.
I agree. The owner is terrible but Jackson isn't doing everything in his ability right now. I think he's leaving when his contacts up right back to L.A

smoovegittar
04-27-2016, 05:54 PM
By all means, bring Blatt in. If they bring back Rambis, expect the whole freaking mess to get worse.

Jax better not fukk this up.

smoovegittar
04-27-2016, 05:56 PM

The reason Phil didn't want Thibs was his connection to JVG, nothing to do with the triangle. People buy into this triangle mess due to the media.

Inferno
04-27-2016, 05:57 PM

Only SoCal takes the L :confusedshrug:

Sarcastic
04-27-2016, 06:06 PM
Gimme tank commander Rambo please

smoovegittar
04-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Gimme tank commander Rambo please

Nice avi -

Meticode
04-27-2016, 06:43 PM
The reason Phil didn't want Thibs was his connection to JVG, nothing to do with the triangle. People buy into this triangle mess due to the media.
IMO the meeting with Blatt probably wasn't even serious, but more of, "Look guys, we're looking for a coach."

I know you are
04-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Couldn't get it done with LeBron. I'm sure this Melo thing will work out instead :lol

coin24
04-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Rambis is terrible:lol it's time to retire the triangle Phil, NY don't have any decent pieces for it, he's too stubborn..

With blatt and a few half decent FAs they could easily make the playoffs next year

Euroleague
04-28-2016, 05:55 PM
Blatt is so overrated that it's gotten to be just about ridiculous at this point.

Lebron23
04-28-2016, 05:58 PM
Blatt takes another L.