PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are a good team with out Curry- But The Greatest Team of All Time WITH Curry

warriorfan
04-28-2016, 01:33 AM
Warriors are a good team with out Curry...may even make the playoffs with out him

But with Curry they are The Greatest Team of All Time

That is all

Inferno
04-28-2016, 01:33 AM
:bowdown:

Gotta win the chip first though brah

LAZERUSS
04-28-2016, 01:34 AM
Warriors are a GREAT team with out Curry...may even make the FINALS with out him

But with Curry they are The Greatest Team of All Time

That is all

Fixed...

Mr. Jabbar
Agreed. :applause:

Black Magic
Make playoffs? bro they would win 55 games and be top 3 seed in the west

LAZERUSS
04-28-2016, 01:36 AM

I would say 60+ and #2 in the West (and NBA overall.)

Black Magic
04-28-2016, 01:38 AM

I actually agree with this, I was just trying to be a little nice to OP

dabigbaws
04-28-2016, 01:47 AM

true, if they added durant/westbrook/lebron/cp3/kawhi/ any other star, they would win 73 games no question. most likely more than 73.

curry is a fraud.

warriorfan
04-28-2016, 02:21 AM
true, if they added durant/westbrook/lebron/cp3/kawhi/ any other star, they would win 73 games no question. most likely more than 73.

curry is a fraud.

speculation

let me know when any of those guys actually do it

:yaohappy:

ImKobe
04-28-2016, 02:23 AM
Greatest REGULAR SEASON team with Curry

No one's passing up the 2001 Lakers.

warriorfan
04-28-2016, 02:25 AM
Greatest Team of All-Time

http://www.eljuegodenaismith.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/WarriorsAPorBulls.jpg
http://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0310%2Fwarriors73_1296x729 .png

SpaceJam
04-28-2016, 02:36 AM
Draymond on notion that he's a product of Curry's play: "I am a product of Steph."

DRAY

https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/725564717712871424

warriorfan
04-28-2016, 02:39 AM
DRAY

https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/725564717712871424

Oh Shit!

http://s32.postimg.org/658msjbg5/Draymond_Admits_Curry_System.png

:cheers:

Genaro
04-28-2016, 02:49 AM
God only knows how they would develop without (it's not written "with out" FFS)
Curry but right now if Curry missed a season to play baseball or something, I would say they would win 55 games and get to the conference finals or semifinals.

jlip
04-28-2016, 08:41 AM
God only knows how they would develop without (it's not written "with out" FFS)
Curry but right now if Curry missed a season to play baseball or something, I would say they would win 55 games and get to the conference finals or semifinals.

This

A team doesn't set a record for wins merely because of one player. The rest of the team has to be great also. Having a superstar who had a season like Curry's does take the team to that all time great level though.

I know you are
04-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Yep, but still an 18 win difference.

LAZERUSS
04-28-2016, 08:56 AM
This

A team doesn't set a record for wins merely because of one player. The rest of the team has to be great also. Having a superstar who had a season like Curry's does take the team to that all time great level though.

Agreed.

The '70 Knicks won two of the last three games of the Finals...all basically without MVP Reed.

The '80 Lakers routed the Sixers on the home floor in the clinching win...with MVP Kareem watching the game from his couch.

The '94 Bulls were an injury-riddled team that still went 55-27, and were a blown call away from, at a minimum, of advancing to the ECF's, where they would have had HCA and been favored. And in the ECSF's, MJ's "replacement" averaged 7 ppg.

ClipperRevival
04-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Agreed.

The '70 Knicks won two of the last three games of the Finals...all basically without MVP Reed.

The '80 Lakers routed the Sixers on the home floor in the clinching win...with MVP Kareem watching the game from his couch.

The '94 Bulls were an injury-riddled team that still went 55-27, and were a blown call away from, at a minimum, of advancing to the ECF's, where they would have had HCA and been favored. And in the ECSF's, MJ's "replacement" averaged 7 ppg.

What a sad existence. You're sole purpose on this board is to bring down other greats to Wilt's level.

ClipperRevival
04-28-2016, 10:23 AM
And OP is 100% correct. There are levels to teams. There are the 3-4 teams that can legitimately compete for titles and a level below that, teams that win about 52-55 games but just aren't good enough to beat the truly elite teams.

Curry and MJ were the difference between a 52-55 win teams and GOAT level, dynastic teams. If anyone can't see that, I don't know what to say.

Also, it's very common for teams that don't have their superstars to play above their level for a short period of time. But we don't know how they would fare if teams had time to truly game plan against Klay and Dray (Yes, i can admit they would be about a 50-55 team without Curry). Like I remember when Kobe was out a few games in 2010, the Lakers went like 4-1 and had huge wins in Utah and Portland and they seemed to be the better team. But that is fools gold. Sometimes when your star is out, it galvanizes guys and they just play a bit harder.

sd3035
04-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Fixed...
not sure if senile of trolling.

In either case.............................

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

hold this L
04-28-2016, 11:36 AM
And OP is 100% correct. There are levels to teams. There are the 3-4 teams that can legitimately compete for titles and a level below that, teams that win about 52-55 games but just aren't good enough to beat the truly elite teams.

Curry and MJ were the difference between a 52-55 win teams and GOAT level, dynastic teams. If anyone can't see that, I don't know what to say.

Also, it's very common for teams that don't have their superstars to play above their level for a short period of time. But we don't know how they would fare if teams had time to truly game plan against Klay and Dray (Yes, i can admit they would be about a 50-55 team without Curry). Like I remember when Kobe was out a few games in 2010, the Lakers went like 4-1 and had huge wins in Utah and Portland and they seemed to be the better team. But that is fools gold. Sometimes when your star is out, it galvanizes guys and they just play a bit harder.
It's weird and rare to find a fan of an old school great that can appreciate new greats here, so props to you. :applause:

warriorfan
04-29-2016, 04:25 AM

good post

Quickening
04-29-2016, 04:49 AM

No chit, remove the best player from a team and they aren't historic anymore... remove Pippen from the Bulls team and they aren't historic anymore.

If a team loses their best player but can still win 55 plus games and be a contender, it just highlights the strength in depth that team has.

Most contending teams who lose their best player would struggle to get 40 wins.