PDA

View Full Version : Quotes from ex teammates about Dwight Howard

STATUTORY
04-28-2016, 10:02 AM
taken from Rockets forum, those fools finding out what lakers fan knew 2 years ago

[QUOTE]Kobe:

I tried teaching Dwight. I tried showing him. But the reality is that when you have a perception of what it is to win a championship - and most perceptions of what it's like to win are a very outgoing, very gregarious locker room where you pick each other up and you're friends all the time. That's the perception. And I think that's what his perception was of what the idea is. But when he saw the reality of it, it made him uncomfortable. And it's very tough to be able to fight through that, to deal with that challenge. And I don't think he was willing to deal with that uncomfortable and combative nature.

Nash:

As the season went on, you could tell it was going to be tough. I think Dwight just didn

Disaprine
04-28-2016, 10:06 AM
kobe fault doe :lol

clutchinho
04-28-2016, 10:07 AM
physical tools to be the GOAT, with the mental capacity of a goat.

keep-itreal
04-28-2016, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1HXnhfn11k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU_0FmXEBnY

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 12:33 PM
we tried to warn you Rockets fans:hammerhead:

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 12:40 PM
He didn't have the physical tools to be the GOAT. His athleticism is overrated. Shaq for example was a 7'1 300 pounder with explosiveness and the quickness and agility of a guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b866hh4apUI

D12 would never be able to do this at any point during his "prime" On top of that D12 is undersized for a center. He's only like 6'9

Dwight's peak is based on the fact that the other top bigmen of his generation, Yao, Bynum and Oden, were all injury prones. Dwight capitalized on a weak era for big men.

Dwights athleticism is overrated. He's very strong and he used to be able to jump high, but he wasn't some game changing athlete like Shaq or Hakeem were.

Dragonyeuw
04-28-2016, 12:51 PM

No he didn't. As a physical specimen wasn't above Wilt, or Shaq, or even a David Robinson. He lacked the fluidity and grace of a Hakeem.... he was 6'9 with great jumping ability, mostly robotic movement so he could never develop a post-game in spite of Hakeem's coaching or Mchale's. Lacked shooting touch and the work ethic to evolve beyond his athleticism...hence why he's a far cry from his 2011 form when now at 30, he should be at his peak like many past great centers. He was a stand-out big in a league lacking stand-out bigs. Transplant him back to 95, and you'd hear the names Shaq, Ewing, Hakeem, and Robinson before anyone gave a shit about him at the center post. I'd take prime Mourning over him as well. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd separate him much from a Rik Smits back then. Then go down to the Malones, Barkleys, Kemps, or even the tough bruiser types like Oakley, Kevin Willis, Terry Cummings.... the guy just wouldn't stand-out back then.

miggyme1
04-28-2016, 12:56 PM
He didn't have the physical tools to be the GOAT. His athleticism is overrated. Shaq for example was a 7'1 300 pounder with explosiveness and the quickness and agility of a guard.

D12 would never be able to do this at any point during his "prime" On top of that D12 is undersized for a center. He's only like 6'9

Dwight's peak is based on the fact that the other top bigmen of his generation, Yao, Bynum and Oden, were all injury prones. Dwight capitalized on a weak era for big men.

Dwights athleticism is overrated. He's very strong and he used to be able to jump high, but he wasn't some game changing athlete like Shaq or Hakeem were.

how so??? 6'9 playing center and for a five year stretch was the best center in the league hands down WITH a limited offensive game. stop it....stop it...like I said earlier he was pretty much ben Wallace on crack....and anybody who watched ben Wallace in Detroit knows how good he was.

show me a center with a game winning alley oop dunk over a hall of famer like tim Duncan. and Ill wait for it..................

Hey Yo
04-28-2016, 01:32 PM
So how come Lakers front office didn't listen to Kobe, Nash, and MWP....then still begged Dwight to re-sign?

Bosnian Sajo
04-28-2016, 01:45 PM
So how come Lakers front office didn't listen to Kobe, Nash, and MWP....then still begged Dwight to re-sign?

Because Dwight's replacement was Jordan Hill. Pretty simple.

It's funny though, when Dwight was on the Magic, I always thought Shaq was just being salty, but in reality he saw it before ANY of us. He knew first hand that Dwight Coward wouldn't make it to the hall of fame, and we Lakers and Rockets fans had to learn the hard way.

Levity
04-28-2016, 01:48 PM
[quote]Vince Carter:

He always talks about how I

GimmeThat
04-28-2016, 01:55 PM
The franchise will sign the player he wants

the second veteran players start accepting him, he can take a team to the finals.

Hey Yo
04-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Because Dwight's replacement was Jordan Hill. Pretty simple.
So why offer a 5yr deal then?

LA thought that they would be stuck with starting Hill at C for next 5yrs if they didn't?

Dragonyeuw
04-28-2016, 01:56 PM

1. Lack of viable alternatives

2. They probably figured that Kobe/Nash had a few years left, and that Howard would return at least close to 2011 form and take over the team when they retired. He's worse now than back in 2013 even, so that plan wouldn't have worked. I'm sure Lakers fans are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't have big money tied up in this malcontent. The last 2 years have been painful, but they'll rebound and won't be dragging around Dwight's declining carcass in the process.

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 01:59 PM
The franchise will sign the player he wants

the second veteran players start accepting him, he can take a team to the finals.
awesome satire, bro:lol

Pointguard
04-28-2016, 02:00 PM
The year many of you guys were saying he should have won MVP I was telling you all that he wasn't integrated into his team, he wasnt a leader and had trouble adjusting. I can show you the post. Its five years later but glad to see its more apparent. But I hope he matures.

Dragonyeuw
04-28-2016, 02:02 PM
The year many of you guys were saying he should have won MVP I was telling you all that he wasn't integrated into his team, he wasnt a leader and had trouble adjusting. I can show you the post. Its five years later but glad to see its more apparent. But I hope he matures.

He's in his 31st year and 11/12 years in the league. But the time he matures, if he ever does, he'll be even more of a gloried roleplayer than he currently is. As far as being an impact level even close to MVP level as far as production, that ship has long sailed.

Pointguard
04-28-2016, 08:50 PM
He's in his 31st year and 11/12 years in the league. But the time he matures, if he ever does, he'll be even more of a gloried roleplayer than he currently is. As far as being an impact level even close to MVP level as far as production, that ship has long sailed.

True. But his maturity could mean he develops into a player that can contribute certain needs. Right now he doesn't even know how to contribute.

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Glad that everyone is realizing this finally. I have been speaking out against the false messiah Dwight since the 2009 NBA finals.

Stringer Bell
04-29-2016, 12:33 AM

I agree.

It's not that he didn't have athleticism, but saying he had the physical tools to be one of the GOAT, or one of the greatest, is exaggerating his potential a lot.

He is strong and had leaping ability. Big guys like Shaq, Hakeem and D. Robinson all had better fluidity, hand-eye coordination, balance, quicker feet, probably vision as well (as shown by their passing skills).

Howard is far from the only 6'9-6'10 guy with strength and leaping ability. Kemp and Webber come to mind. Webber had much more "upside" and potential to be one of the all-time greats than Howard ever did.