PDA

View Full Version : Are Nuggets EVER going to make noise in the NBA?

AirTupac
04-28-2016, 10:26 AM
Seems like they are destined to be a bottom feeder franchise. A farm team almost for the better ones.

Best time of Denver fans lives was when Billups was leading that team to a fat loss against the Lakers :roll: :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
04-28-2016, 10:35 AM
They honestly don't get enough s.hit. If their is one franchise in the league content with mediocrity, it's the Denver Nuggets. Getting r.aped in the first round of the playoff is considered a tremendous season for them. Even teams like Sacramento, Toronto in past, and Pelicans have tried to get better for the long run. Not Denver. Absolutely content with building around a bunch of #3-4 options. Garbage team.

AirTupac
04-28-2016, 10:44 AM
They honestly don't get enough s.hit. If their is one franchise in the league content with mediocrity, it's the Denver Nuggets. Getting r.aped in the first round of the playoff is considered a tremendous season for them. Even teams like Sacramento, Toronto in past, and Pelicans have tried to get better for the long run. Not Denver. Absolutely content with building around a bunch of #3-4 options. Garbage team.

Theyve been rebuilding since Melo left. They are the definition of scrubs.

Im Still Ballin
04-28-2016, 10:48 AM
Theyve been rebuilding since Melo left. They are the definition of scrubs.
Correction: Since George Karl left

LootOP
04-28-2016, 10:54 AM
As a Sonics fan I remeember them (8th placed) defeating our team in the early 90's in the 1st round.

Legends66NBA7
04-28-2016, 11:04 AM
I like their C's.

AirTupac
04-28-2016, 11:05 AM
I like their C's.

Hopefully Nurkic and Jokic bounce outta there. Cancer franchise.

DCL
04-28-2016, 11:06 AM
remember how sad the warriors used to be?

NuggetsFan
04-28-2016, 01:02 PM
We won 57 games a few years ago. Faced GS the year they really broke out. Kinda seems like what's happened to the Nuggets in the past. Always run into the wrong teams at the wrong time. At one point pretty sure Denver had the longest playoff streak behind only S.A/Dallas or something close to that. Yeah we only moved past the 1st round once but who did we face?

- Minny with a prime KG. I'm pretty sure that was his MVP season where he was playing out of his mind.

- Spurs the year they won the championship

- Clippers with a 25/10 Brand and they actually had tons of talent

- Spurs again the year they won the championship.

- Lakers the year they lost in the finals. Denver Nuggets won 50 games that year which was good for 8th seed in the Western Conference :oldlol:

- Lakers again. In the WCF. Denver pushed it to 6 games, and threw away games off hilariously failed inbound passes. Lakers faced the Magic in the finals that year, Denver was probably the #2 team in the league and if not for a top 10 player/one of the GOAT franchises who knows.

- Jazz. This was a failure. This was also the year that George Karl couldn't coach in the playoffs because of his health. Dantley just fell on his face.

- OKC. The start of Durant/Westrook.

- GS. Curry's first playoff series.

Denver's basically ran into Duncan, Kobe, Curry, Durant/Westbrook, prime KG. For those old enough Elton Brand was insane the year they faced the Clippers too. Jazz was the huge let down, and even than our head coach wasn't present. Denver's won 50 or more games 4 times in the past 10 years.

Denver's won 36, 30, 33 the past 3 seasons. Good enough not be a laughing stock but not good enough overall obviously. Nuggets were garbage in the 90's and early 00's. Had a decent run the past 15 years.

Nuggets are pretty average. Have had there ups and downs. Certainly not a top 10 franchise in the league but no in the bottom 7-8 or anything like that. Probably why they fly so under the radar. Nobody really cares about them because there neither good or bad enough for the average fan to give a shit.

NuggetsFan
04-28-2016, 01:04 PM
I like their C's.

Nurkic
Jokic
Gallo
Harris
Mudiay

Barton/Faried/Joffrey/3 draft picks this year/Memphis pick which looks to be potential gold/tons of cap space going forward.

Denver's in a pretty great situation going forward. Tons of youth, potential, assets.

miggyme1
04-28-2016, 01:09 PM
all this talk about the lakers and sixers being shittty organizations the past few years I actually think the nuggets are worse.

who gets rid of a hall of fame coach ( George karl) in a season when he surprised the league and led the nuggets to a franchise best record???

Got bounced in the first round by a hot warriors team....and they were missing a key contributor in gallinari. smh

only a shitty organization does that...the year before that they pushed the lakers to a game 7 and came 5 mins away from beating the lakers.

gave brian shaw two years then fired him...what can a coach prove in two years???

imnew09
04-28-2016, 01:13 PM
Gotta gicve them props tho. Win enough to not make it to the playoff and not land a top draft

Fken joke a$$ franchise. Worse than McDonalds Nuggets scandal

Mr. Jabbar
04-28-2016, 01:14 PM
does Denver have any fans here?

Mike smith
04-28-2016, 01:41 PM
Nurkic
Jokic
Gallo
Harris
Mudiay

Barton/Faried/Joffrey/3 draft picks this year/Memphis pick which looks to be potential gold/tons of cap space going forward.

Denver's in a pretty great situation going forward. Tons of youth, potential, assets.
This. Like there young players and they are also well coached just need to stay healthy.

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 01:44 PM
They are a pure jobber franchise. The only reason they exist is so they can lose to better teams.

Nuggets and Kings are two peas in a pod. No one expects anything out of these franchises, because they're never going to give anything.

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 01:46 PM
Nurkic
Jokic
Gallo
Harris
Mudiay

"Assets"
Yep, if that lineup stays together for a few years, they very well may just be able to manage to sneak in to the 8 seed at their peak, assuming things pan out for them and no one gets injured or leaves. Quite a ceiling!

Not every franchise gets to compete and win titles. Just making it to the playoffs is considered an achievement to Nuggets fans, bless them.

BlazerRed
04-28-2016, 01:50 PM
does Denver have any fans here?
I'm a second tier Denver fan, living in Colorado and all. Denver are in a good position right now to build from the ground up with a nice young core... let's hope the FO don't **** it up.

NuggetsFan
04-28-2016, 02:02 PM
"Assets"
Yep, if that lineup stays together for a few years, they very well may just be able to manage to sneak in to the 8 seed at their peak, assuming things pan out for them and no one gets injured or leaves. Quite a ceiling!

Not every franchise gets to compete and win titles. Just making it to the playoffs is considered an achievement to Nuggets fans, bless them.

I know everybody's just trolling and it's ISH but I don't get to discuss the Nuggets much here so I'm taking the bait :oldlol:

Chandler missed the entire season. Gallo played 53 games. Two HUGE injuries. Yeah there injury prone and they'll get injured next year most likely but maybe we get lucky and they both play 60-70 games. Mudiay is 20. Started the year at 19 didn't play college, played 7 games in China. Even still he showed flashes. Played amazing in March and the Nuggets went 9-8 I believe. Harris 21. Nurkic is 21. Jokic is 21 and looked incredible as a rookie. Better than Mudiay, Russell, Randle etc. Something like 16/12/4 per 36 with 1.6 steals and 1 block.

Half our starting lineup was 19-21 at some point during the season. Think about that. Toss in all the injuries Denver had and we still won 33 games. Draft picks, cap space, improvement with age. Things are looking bright in Denver after the Shawful era.

Sure were not winning titles. Not every team in the league can be located in L.A and have titles giftwrapped to them. I mean when L.A sucks right now much like Denver it's hilarious. You guys have such an advantage like your shooting from the womens tee and despite that you can't cash in and be better than Denver. Your future doesn't look as bright :confusedshrug:

So yeah I get pumped about the playoffs. Denver's not a top 10 NBA franchise, and I don't think anybody's ever expected them to be. Were certainly not a dumpster fire. We've got L.A fans pissy for some reason so we get this troll thread. Lots of other NBA teams that are much worse off than Denver is, just like there's alot that are better off than we are. L.A is below Denver atm, until a FA goes there just because there the Lakers but yeah brag about that :oldlol:

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 02:09 PM
The only reason the Nuggets exist is to boost the record of good franchises. They are a go-nowhere jobber team.

The Nuggets players know their role.

It's high time their fans learn it too.

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 02:11 PM
I know everybody's just trolling and it's ISH but I don't get to discuss the Nuggets much here so I'm taking the bait :oldlol:

Chandler missed the entire season. Gallo played 53 games. Two HUGE injuries. Yeah there injury prone and they'll get injured next year most likely but maybe we get lucky and they both play 60-70 games. Mudiay is 20. Started the year at 19 didn't play college, played 7 games in China. Even still he showed flashes. Played amazing in March and the Nuggets went 9-8 I believe. Harris 21. Nurkic is 21. Jokic is 21 and looked incredible as a rookie. Better than Mudiay, Russell, Randle etc. Something like 16/12/4 per 36 with 1.6 steals and 1 block.

Half our starting lineup was 19-21 at some point during the season. Think about that. Toss in all the injuries Denver had and we still won 33 games. Draft picks, cap space, improvement with age. Things are looking bright in Denver after the Shawful era.

Sure were not winning titles. Not every team in the league can be located in L.A and have titles giftwrapped to them. I mean when L.A sucks right now much like Denver it's hilarious. You guys have such an advantage like your shooting from the womens tee and despite that you can't cash in and be better than Denver. Your future doesn't look as bright :confusedshrug:

So yeah I get pumped about the playoffs. Denver's not a top 10 NBA franchise, and I don't think anybody's ever expected them to be. Were certainly not a dumpster fire. We've got L.A fans pissy for some reason so we get this troll thread. Lots of other NBA teams that are much worse off than Denver is, just like there's alot that are better off than we are. L.A is below Denver atm, until a FA goes there just because there the Lakers but yeah brag about that :oldlol:
Don't get excited bro, LA fans don't give a shit about the Nugs.

This thread was created to troll the clown known as kurple. That is the only reason the first Nuggets thread on ISH in five months was created.

AirBonner
04-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Honestly while the Nuggets have been garbage lately I think the Lakers top them in that category. Nuggets have a brighter future.

WayOfWad3
04-28-2016, 02:30 PM
We won 57 games a few years ago. Faced GS the year they really broke out. Kinda seems like what's happened to the Nuggets in the past. Always run into the wrong teams at the wrong time. At one point pretty sure Denver had the longest playoff streak behind only S.A/Dallas or something close to that. Yeah we only moved past the 1st round once but who did we face?

- Minny with a prime KG. I'm pretty sure that was his MVP season where he was playing out of his mind.

- Spurs the year they won the championship

- Clippers with a 25/10 Brand and they actually had tons of talent

- Spurs again the year they won the championship.

- Lakers the year they lost in the finals. Denver Nuggets won 50 games that year which was good for 8th seed in the Western Conference :oldlol:

- Lakers again. In the WCF. Denver pushed it to 6 games, and threw away games off hilariously failed inbound passes. Lakers faced the Magic in the finals that year, Denver was probably the #2 team in the league and if not for a top 10 player/one of the GOAT franchises who knows.

- Jazz. This was a failure. This was also the year that George Karl couldn't coach in the playoffs because of his health. Dantley just fell on his face.

- OKC. The start of Durant/Westrook.

- GS. Curry's first playoff series.

Denver's basically ran into Duncan, Kobe, Curry, Durant/Westbrook, prime KG. For those old enough Elton Brand was insane the year they faced the Clippers too. Jazz was the huge let down, and even than our head coach wasn't present. Denver's won 50 or more games 4 times in the past 10 years.

Denver's won 36, 30, 33 the past 3 seasons. Good enough not be a laughing stock but not good enough overall obviously. Nuggets were garbage in the 90's and early 00's. Had a decent run the past 15 years.

Nuggets are pretty average. Have had there ups and downs. Certainly not a top 10 franchise in the league but no in the bottom 7-8 or anything like that. Probably why they fly so under the radar. Nobody really cares about them because there neither good or bad enough for the average fan to give a shit.
As a Jazz fan, that series was wildly entertaining. I feel you though, that team underachieved greatly even after the departure of Melo -as far as the playoffs go. Denvers' time will come though, just don't know when

sammichoffate
04-28-2016, 04:07 PM
I like Denver, great organization. They really fked up by trading away Chauncey Billups tho in the Melo deal because he was having a great year. It's really sad because they were a few pieces away from being in the conversation after they lost to LA in 2010. They have a lot of good pieces moving forward, similar to Utah so I expect them to make a playoff push in the next couple of years when Dallas/Memphis/Houston fall off.

coin24
04-28-2016, 04:08 PM
But they "won" the melo trade:lol :lol

kurple
04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
But they "won" the melo trade:lol :lol
No one won the Melo trade

sammichoffate
04-28-2016, 04:16 PM
No one won the Melo tradethis. You guys flipped one of the picks into Iggy, but he left to Golden State after that. You did end up getting rid of Melo tho so it's not a total loss :oldlol:

Steven Kerry
04-28-2016, 04:20 PM
I assume kurple gave OP the feels.

Steven Kerry
04-28-2016, 04:21 PM
this. You guys flipped one of the picks into Iggy, but he left to Golden State after that. You did end up getting rid of Melo tho so it's not a total loss :oldlol:
They transferred the delusion that Melo is a great player to Knicks fans :lol

avonbarksdale
04-28-2016, 04:49 PM
been to the conference finals more time than cp3..

CuterThanRubio
04-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Give one of the more successful franchises that kind of altitude advantage and it would be so unfair.

coin24
04-28-2016, 05:12 PM
No one won the Melo trade

I agree with this :lol both teams actually got worse