PDA

View Full Version : D'Angelo Russell is the greatest passer since Magic Johnson

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 01:35 PM
All time great basketball mind Rick Pitino's words-not mine.

“In the last 30 some-odd years, outside of Magic Johnson he’s the best passer I’ve seen come along,” Pitino said. “[He] has great instincts [and] really understands the game very well.”

“Anytime you have that type of passing skills and that offensive mind for the game I think you’re going to be something special.”
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/rick-pitino-dangelo-russell-is-the-greatest-passer-since-magic-johnson

Lakers future is so bright with this future legend at the helm, now that Tank Commander Scott isn't limiting his touches and holding him back.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Magic wasnt even a better passer than Larry
and Manu, CP3, Nash, Kidd, Rubio passing shts on Snitchelo

Dr Hawk
04-28-2016, 01:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/boBKo1t.gif
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-d_LH56ohepU/U1XR52rnD5I/AAAAAAAAANE/LNK_gWK9VEI/s1600/fo14.gif
http://replygif.net/i/669.gif

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Yes. Random ISHiots like you know more than 2x NCAA D1 Championship Coach and all time great basketball mind than Rick Pitino :lol

AirBonner
04-28-2016, 01:45 PM
I feel bad for Lakers fans. Being forced to prop up a pile of shit like its gold. Times are tough homie. Stay strong.

ClipperRevival
04-28-2016, 01:47 PM
To be honest, his passing wasn't his greatest asset his rookie season. It was his shooting. A lot of his passes were picked off. Sure, he had some highlight reel stuff but I was expecting more from the passing department. But this again goes back to what I said about him in that his lack of athleticism affects everything he does, including passing. He has slow reflexes so even if he sees a split second opening, he might not be able to hit it because his reflexes just aren't there. But I think his passing will be better going forward but I don't ever envision a 9-10 apg type guy. His main asset will be his shooting and the ability to post up smaller PGs in the post. He does really have a good feel for the game, which is obviously a huge plus.

dazzer87
04-28-2016, 01:49 PM
https://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/dangelo-snitch.png

I know you are
04-28-2016, 03:14 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
04-28-2016, 04:23 PM
To be honest, his passing wasn't his greatest asset his rookie season. It was his shooting. A lot of his passes were picked off. Sure, he had some highlight reel stuff but I was expecting more from the passing department. But this again goes back to what I said about him in that his lack of athleticism affects everything he does, including passing. He has slow reflexes so even if he sees a split second opening, he might not be able to hit it because his reflexes just aren't there. But I think his passing will be better going forward but I don't ever envision a 9-10 apg type guy. His main asset will be his shooting and the ability to post up smaller PGs in the post. He does really have a good feel for the game, which is obviously a huge plus.

He really didn't play the role of a true PG his rookie year though...it was mostly a Kobe show with him being a spot-up shooter for a big chunk of his minutes, not to mention the fact that Clarkson/Randle were chucking up shots every time down the court as well, Byron benching him early into the season...

It all depends on the new coaching staff and the roster, Clarkson should be a 6th man, they need to give Russell the chance to be the guy that runs the offense to see his potential as a playmaker, he hasn't got that opportunity yet and he only just turned 20...people need to give him time to develop.

Velocirap31
04-28-2016, 04:25 PM
:wtf:

:rolleyes:

:facepalm

feyki
04-28-2016, 04:38 PM
I don't think so right now . Maybe , he could be all time great passer , but who knows ?

Btw , I think Stockton and Nash were better passer than Magic .

Nash/Stock
Magic
CP3
Kidd
Oscar/Isiah/Mark J.
Porter/Frazier/Rondo/Deron/L.Wilkens/Cousy/

Gileraracer
04-28-2016, 04:38 PM
How many assists did he average? Something around 2.6?

Greatest passer ever

ImKobe
04-28-2016, 04:40 PM
How many assists did he average? Something around 2.6?

Greatest passer ever

He played 28 mpg and didn't even have the ball in his hands for the most part..

livinglegend
04-28-2016, 04:41 PM
He played 28 mpg and didn't even have the ball in his hands for the most part..
28 mpg for around 3 apg :roll: :roll: :roll:
yup best passer confirmed :lol

ImKobe
04-28-2016, 04:45 PM

It was Kobe's retirement tour and he was benched for like half the season...how is he going to be able to average a lot of assists if they don't put him in a position to do so? His apg will go up a considerable amount this year in a different system with an improved roster.

livinglegend
04-28-2016, 04:46 PM
It was Kobe's retirement tour and he was benched for like half the season...how is he going to be able to average a lot of assists if they don't put him in a position to do so? His apg will go up a considerable amount this year in a different system with an improved roster.

I don't talk excuses.
I only talk facts.

senelcoolidge
04-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Best passer or flashiest passer. Magic could be considered the flashiest passer ever other than Pete Maravich. Now greatest passer..Stockton most likely. I can't take Pitino seriously. This guy is slimy. He has his recruits having sex parties with hookers and he cheats around as well. Scumbag.

Smoke117
04-28-2016, 05:14 PM

meltdown

Braincells
04-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Russell's role this season - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXGKg-IBNJ8

Interested in seeing how well he does in a non-isolation offense. But hey, he's probably the happiest man in the world now that Byron's gone. Lakers can start moving the ball and get others involved.

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 05:27 PM
3'Angelo would have averaged 9 APG if he had better teammates. He set his team up with so many open layups that they missed every game. As everyone improves, Bucketsdale's APG will go up.

Jameerthefear
04-28-2016, 05:29 PM
:roll:

Uncle Drew
04-28-2016, 05:38 PM
He's also the greatest snitcher since Kobe.

He is destined for greatness.

Nick Young
04-28-2016, 05:40 PM
stats nerds who don't watch games still exist in 2016?:facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
04-28-2016, 07:27 PM
lol.
:roll:

FKAri
04-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Yes. Random ISHiots like you know more than 2x NCAA D1 Championship Coach and all time great basketball mind than Rick Pitino :lol
lol @ basketball mind. This isn't rocket science. :lol

L8krH8tr
04-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Lakers are a joke like your life, stop posting .

ralph_i_el
04-28-2016, 07:40 PM
That's the opinion of one guy, on one day, of this kid's play IN COLLEGE.

Stop shitposting

ralph_i_el
04-28-2016, 07:41 PM
3'Angelo would have averaged 9 APG if he had better teammates. He set his team up with so many open layups that they missed every game. As everyone improves, Bucketsdale's APG will go up.

John Wall played with absolute SHIT teammates and averaged 8 apg as a rookie...

LAZERUSS
04-28-2016, 09:27 PM
Magic wasnt even a better passer than Larry
and Manu, CP3, Nash, Kidd, Rubio passing shts on Snitchelo

Magic was a FAR greater passer than Larry, and virtually every stat confirms it.

Not even remotely close.

Hell, in their career H2H's, Magic also had the two highest scoring games between the two.

Bird was no Magic.

AirBonner
04-28-2016, 09:36 PM
Op is trying so hard to prop up Russell :oldlol: