PDA

View Full Version : Woman believes that all women should get a free 'Me-ternity leave' to take a break

Jameerthefear
05-01-2016, 09:38 AM
http://nypost.com/2016/04/28/i-want-all-the-perks-of-maternity-leave-without-having-any-kids/

:roll: :roll:
Notice how she doesn't want the same for men too? This is why they get paid less :rockon:

Im Still Ballin
05-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Under surveillance

fiddy
05-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Someone please shoot that fat cow in the head.

iamgine
05-01-2016, 10:10 AM
She's saying people need long break to focus on things other than their job.

Being a woman, she had to say it in a thousand words.

Nick Young
05-01-2016, 10:27 AM
In Europe, endless paid maternity leave is considered the norm. It's one of just many reasons that Europe is going to shit these days.

sd3035
05-01-2016, 10:27 AM
fat, unattractive women always whine about everything

JEFFERSON MONEY
05-01-2016, 10:30 AM
But for real, every human being should carve out some alone time for reflection every day. That should take priority over luxury and entertainment though.

Nick Young
05-01-2016, 10:32 AM
But for real, every human being should carve out some alone time for reflection every day. That should take priority over luxury and entertainment though.
yes but they need to figure this out and make time for themselves.

They don't need the state forcing them to do it.

NumberSix
05-01-2016, 10:34 AM
If you want paid maternity leave, apply for jobs that choose to offer it.

fiddy
05-01-2016, 11:11 AM
In Europe, endless paid maternity leave is considered the norm. It's one of just many reasons that Europe is going to shit these days.
:coleman:

Velocirap31
05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
I can't stand self-absorbed women like her.

warriorfan
05-01-2016, 03:38 PM
oh shes never had a kid big surprise :roll:

oh and shes lowkey butthurt about it another shocker :roll:

what a disgusting bitch

Lamar Doom
05-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Modern insidehoops = find some dumb f*ck woman or outrageously pansy PC college kid, make sweeping generalizations about the way of the world and declare the sky is falling.

Flash in the pan, sensationalist click bait is entrenching you in inaccurate perspectives. Go outside my dudes, the world is lovely. We gon' be alright!

highwhey
05-01-2016, 09:09 PM
OP is distancing himself from women one thread at a time. One anime at time. One bad fanboyism at a time.

G-train
05-01-2016, 09:30 PM
It's a light hearted article. I get the feeling no one read it, including the OP.

G-train
05-01-2016, 09:31 PM

'Europe' doesn't have one huge norm you typical yankee.

sixerfan82
05-01-2016, 10:05 PM
If only employers offered a perk to their employees that allowed them to get paid while taking time off..

KobesFinger
05-02-2016, 07:53 AM

Why do you say 'in Europe' like its one country? Its 30 you clown, everywhere has different laws on maternity leave etc

Derka
05-02-2016, 09:23 AM
What's this socially mandated bullshit she's talking spewing? People don't get paid wedding/paid pregnancy leave; you have to use earned time the same as anyone else does. Next office over from me is a woman working at seven months pregnant. I know three couples getting married within the next year and they don't get free time to take care of all the shit they have to plan.

Christ. "I'm nearly 40-years old and I've decided that I haven't figured myself out because I'm envious that new mothers get time off to make sure that the new human being they just made doesn't die." Crazy thing is people are going to buy that book and believe it.

UK2K
05-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Modern insidehoops = find some dumb f*ck woman or outrageously pansy PC college kid, make sweeping generalizations about the way of the world and declare the sky is falling.

Flash in the pan, sensationalist click bait is entrenching you in inaccurate perspectives. Go outside my dudes, the world is lovely. We gon' be alright!

There's just so many to choose from...

If you don't believe there's an issue with college kids these days, then your living in a hole.

UK2K
05-02-2016, 09:37 AM
On a side note, if she 'deserves' Me-ternity time, then so do I.

If she wants time off for not having kids, well, me too. She should be fighting for ALL people without kids to have Me-ternity time, not just females.

Sexist piece of shit.

ROCSteady
05-02-2016, 10:00 AM
There’s something about saying “I need to go pick up my child” as a reason to leave the office on time that has far more gravitas than, say, “My best friend just got ghosted by her OkCupid date and needs a margarita” — but both sides are valid.

This part made me want to punch her in the face.

She's actually trying to evenly compare leaving work to tend to one's young helpless offspring to some emotional, loveless, probably desperate and pathetic grown woman needing a drink after a blind date didn't work out.

:facepalm

Noah Rose
05-02-2016, 01:30 PM
The author somehow believes that "Maternity Leave" is some kind of vacation... :lol

Hint: It's more work!

niko
05-02-2016, 02:26 PM
If you want paid maternity leave, apply for jobs that choose to offer it.
paid maternity makes sense, that's not what this is. this is like vacation time.

NumberSix
05-02-2016, 05:58 PM
paid maternity makes sense, that's not what this is. this is like vacation time.
That's your opinion.

If you want to offer your employees paid maternity leave, that's fine. Nobody would try to make it illegal. But if another business doesn't want to offer it, that's fine too. Different businesses offer different perks.

The idea that the government should legislate that every business must offer it is stupidity on steroids. It makes no more sense than saying all business must provide employees with company cars. That's each businesses choice to make. Some will, some won't.