PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead's internet presence is deleted

andgar923
05-01-2016, 07:44 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/65175-radiohead-erase-internet-presence/

They bout to drop their new album :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

In a world filled with Beyonce, Drake, Taylor, and Ye's... the masters are about to show the world why they're no.1

:rockon: :rockon:

highwhey
05-01-2016, 07:48 PM
Wish OP's internet presence was deleted

andgar923
05-01-2016, 07:50 PM

No mames.

TheMan
05-01-2016, 08:09 PM
No mames.
I literally said this out loud when I read highwey's post :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
05-01-2016, 08:30 PM
Had to google no mames, I officially declare it a "thing" on ISH.

Proceed.

nightprowler10
05-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Who? I googled these guys and nothing came up.

Canelo_Griffin
05-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Who? I googled these guys and nothing came up.
No seas mamon

Done_And_Done
05-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Let it be true... Let it be true...

Jasi
05-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Well yeah, definitely a new album on its way.

I'm quite underwhelmed by the new songs played by Thom on guitar alone though. They so sound like what he's been doing forever on his own.
Hope the album is as surprising as some of their previous ones were.

Nick Young
05-02-2016, 11:25 AM
RIP Radiohead

KyrieTheFuture
05-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Radiohead isn't my cup of tea, although neither are any of the other people you mentioned

Brujesino
05-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Por que tienes que pelear con todos?

Yo pienso que es por que no tienes seguridad en tu persona y tienes que asaltar gente para estar contento.

highwhey
05-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Por que tienes que pelear con todos?

Yo pienso que es por que no tienes seguridad en tu persona y tienes que asaltar gente para estar contento.
You picked a fight with me

Brujesino
05-02-2016, 10:53 PM
You picked a fight with me
calma tus nervios ron jeremy.

highwhey
05-02-2016, 11:01 PM
calma tus nervios ron jeremy.
Stfu and stop trying to get on my nerves, scrub. You approached me and tried to harass me. Scoot aside.

Patrick Chewing
05-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Most overrated shit band in history.

Brujesino
05-03-2016, 12:06 AM
Stfu and stop trying to get on my nerves, scrub. You approached me and tried to harass me. Scoot aside.
O si estas enojado

AlphaWolf24
05-03-2016, 01:45 AM
Palabra!

andgar923
05-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Most overrated shit band in history.
you know nothing.

andgar923
05-03-2016, 09:35 AM
They started to post on their instagram account and official web site.

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/201605031

There's an instagram clip of a bird chirping, and another dope string arrangement by Johnny.

andgar923
05-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Some think that dropping an unannounced album is clever marketing.

But THIS (https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/4hmu7r/occurrences_of_the_number_6_thus_far/) is clever marketing.

there is much more thought and preparation, timing, and execution. There's always a meaning behind the cryptic clues, everything is done with tactical precision.

TheMan
05-03-2016, 10:37 AM
you know nothing.
Esto

Jasi
05-03-2016, 11:27 AM
The full video is up (it was posted at 6 PM) on dead air space!

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace

vetlantram
05-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Radiohead - Burn The Witch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k)

andgar923
05-03-2016, 11:43 AM
The full video is up (it was posted at 6 PM) on dead air space!

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace
EPIC!!!!

The masters have arrived.

Jasi
05-03-2016, 11:48 AM
So I am listening it to on YouTube.
When it ends, I refresh the page to listen to it again.
Each time I do this, the views have increased by 10,000+ :lol

andgar923
05-03-2016, 11:57 AM
So I am listening it to on YouTube.
When it ends, I refresh the page to listen to it again.
Each time I do this, the views have increased by 10,000+ :lol
Lol

I listened to this 3 times on the bus.

This is music glory

Jasi
05-03-2016, 12:01 PM
I like it.
Nothing particularly unsettling, but it's a very nice song in its (relative) simplicity.
And it reminds me of the In Rainbows era somehow.

Jasi
05-06-2016, 07:56 AM
New clip of another new song on Dead Air Space right now

andgar923
05-06-2016, 01:19 PM
Good looking

andgar923
05-06-2016, 05:24 PM
sublime

that's all i can think of, simply sublime and wonderful.

Radiohead >>>

this is stepping into GOAT ness levels.

TheMan
05-06-2016, 06:10 PM
sublime

that's all i can think of, simply sublime and wonderful.

Radiohead >>>

this is stepping into GOAT ness levels.
Gonna smoke a joint and listen to their new jams later tonight:rockon:

andgar923
05-06-2016, 08:25 PM
I put on some headphones and zoned out to all 3 new tracks (Spectre is the 3rd).

If these 3 tracks are any indication of what the album will be like, it has a chance to be their best album of all time, and that's saying A LOT!!!

Radiohead to many release slow burning albums. It takes a while before you learn to appreciate and love them. They're not accessible immediately (aside from a song or two), yet these 3 songs were almost an instant hit with most, and have been growing on many others. I thought Spectre was good, not great when it first got released, but now that I listen to it with headphones I can fully appreciate it.

I wasn't being facetious when I mentioned that Radiohead is reaching GOAT levels.

They're a top 10 artists all time imo, and could be even higher if this album is anywhere as good as the first 3 songs. All 3 are brilliant.

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Radiohead can get REKT. Fleetwood Mac, Nine Inch Nails, ZZ Top and Bruce Springsteen are just a few of the many awesome bands that make better music than Radiohead.

Best album of all time based on these 3 shitty tracks? You serious bro?

This sounds exactly the same as what they were doing on Hail to the Thief which I believe came out over 10 years ago. "SO INNOVATIVE DOE"

Radiohead has entered their Stadium Arcadium era. They are done as a creative force.

andgar923
05-06-2016, 08:27 PM
Speaking of Radiohead being a slow burn, I just discovered 'Go Slowly', got dayum.... :bowdown: :bowdown:

I've heard this song a billion times, but Im just now truly admiring it, which is the case with many of their songs. Who knows, perhaps Pablo Honey is a legendary classic after all.:confusedshrug:

KyrieTheFuture
05-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Doesn't surprise me that Andgar thinks they're GOAT tier. Dude loves overrated shit.

andgar923
05-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Radiohead can get REKT. Fleetwood Mac, Nine Inch Nails, ZZ Top and Bruce Springsteen are just a few of the many awesome bands that make better music than Radiohead.

Best album of all time based on these 3 shitty tracks? You serious bro? This sounds exactly the same as what they were doing on Hail to the Thief which I believe came out over 10 years ago. "SO INNOVATIVE DOE"
f*ck outta here

None of those comes close.

The closest ones are perhaps Fleetwood Mac and even then, they're still not touching the genius that is Radiohead.

Nobody said they were innovative, did I state that you idiot? NO

True they sound like Radiohead, nothing different than before, just simply very good 3 songs so far which will only get better with more spins.

They are reaching GOAT levels due to their consistency. Almost all of their albums have been classics and amongst the best of that year (if not THE best). They're paintings standing out amongst a sea of picture wannabes.

One cannot deny their influence and quality of work.

And Im not alone in their ranking:

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart
http://www.besteveralbums.com/bandstats.php

While no list is perfect, there is a very very legit argument to be made that they belong in the GOAT lists. If this album is as brilliant as the 3 songs released then it's a no brainer, another great album added to the list.

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Doesn't surprise me that Andgar thinks they're GOAT tier. Dude loves overrated shit.
Dude only loves things that Pitchforkmedia tells him to love.

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 08:43 PM
f*ck outta here

None of those comes close.

The closest ones are perhaps Fleetwood Mac and even then, they're still not touching the genius that is Radiohead.

Nobody said they were innovative, did I state that you idiot? NO

True they sound like Radiohead, nothing different than before, just simply very good 3 songs so far which will only get better with more spins.

They are reaching GOAT levels due to their consistency. Almost all of their albums have been classics and amongst the best of that year (if not THE best). They're paintings standing out amongst a sea of picture wannabes.

One cannot deny their influence and quality of work.

And Im not alone in their ranking:

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart
http://www.besteveralbums.com/bandstats.php

While no list is perfect, there is a very very legit argument to be made that they belong in the GOAT lists. If this album is as brilliant as the 3 songs released then it's a no brainer, another great album added to the list.
GOAT Arty Farty pretentious art rock band, yes, they have a strong case.

GOAT rockband though? LOL they will never be close.

andgar923
05-06-2016, 08:47 PM

So who in their generation have been consistently better?

Im not talking about 1 or 2 albums here. Im talking about a damn near discography.

Ok Computer was highly influential and helped change music. It's influence crossed over into most major genres and styles. It's arguable that they've released albums that are equal if not better than Ok Computer. And as I posted, they have a long list of albums that are highly ranked.

No list is perfect, but again, there's a consistent pattern of how highly they're ranked, it's not a coincidence. It also isn't solely snob journalist writers that praise them so much, it's artists (http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/how-radiohead-became-the-beatles-of-the-21st-century) ranging (http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/children_a_the_influence_of_radioheads_kid_a_10_ye ars_later) from The Roots to Fly Lo.

I don't overrate shit that doesn't deserve it, punk.

andgar923
05-06-2016, 08:49 PM
GOAT Arty Farty pretentious art rock band, yes, they have a strong case.

GOAT rockband though? LOL they will never be close.

translation:

I got nothing else better to state.

andgar923
05-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Dude only loves things that Pitchforkmedia tells him to love.

As if I gives a f*ck what any media tells me to dig.

If that was the case I'd be listening to the other crap they and the other mediums push me to praise.

I don't blast Ye or Drake.
Imagine Dragons or whatever the f*ck is pushed.

KyrieTheFuture
05-06-2016, 08:58 PM
So who in their generation have been consistently better?

Im not talking about 1 or 2 albums here. Im talking about a damn near discography.

Ok Computer was highly influential and helped change music. It's influence crossed over into most major genres and styles. It's arguable that they've released albums that are equal if not better than Ok Computer. And as I posted, they have a long list of albums that are highly ranked.

No list is perfect, but again, there's a consistent pattern of how highly they're ranked, it's not a coincidence. It also isn't solely snob journalist writers that praise them so much, it's artists (http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/how-radiohead-became-the-beatles-of-the-21st-century) ranging (http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/children_a_the_influence_of_radioheads_kid_a_10_ye ars_later) from The Roots to Fly Lo.

I don't overrate shit that doesn't deserve it, punk.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stay mad

andgar923
05-06-2016, 09:02 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stay mad

This foo thinks Im mad.

Guess you got nothing better to add.

KyrieTheFuture
05-06-2016, 09:05 PM
This foo thinks Im mad.

Yea you're typing out and editing paragraphs defending Radiohead because you DON'T care.

andgar923
05-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Yea you're typing out and editing paragraphs defending Radiohead because you DON'T care.

Got nothing better to add... kim.

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 09:15 PM
This foo thinks Im mad.

We all know you're absolutely furious right now, bro.

andgar923
05-06-2016, 09:16 PM
We all know you're absolutely furious right now, bro.
Sure am, can't even enjoy my pizza.

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 09:38 PM
Sure am, can't even enjoy my pizza.
eat the pain away :cheers:

andgar923
05-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Their new album was released Sunday.

And from the start I really dug 4 songs, but could appreciate the rest. But I knew I should give the rest of the album a try since that's the case with most of their albums. At times its taken me years to appreciate some of their songs, but I doubt it will take that long to fall in love with some of these songs, since I've already learned to love and appreciate 2 more songs on a 3rd try. One thing that needs to be emphasized is one must listen to this with a good set of cans, and not the MP3 format, the sounds and layers need to be fully experienced on a good quality set of cans. This album is simply BRILLIANT!

I can go on and on, on the masterful orchestration, the layering of the pads and synths, the way the guitars play off each other like a great vocal harmony but it won't do the album justice. It needs to be experienced. And one also needs to be in a certain mood to listen to it. This album is mostly subtle with a dreamy/eerie mood... very trance like. So don't expect to rock out (except for a few tracks).

This album has indeed solidified them as a top 5 artist all time, easily... perhaps even higher.

They didn't reinvent or do anything crazy innovative, they just took everything they've done and made it better. They've made what everyone else has done better.

It doesn't feel like a traditional music album. It feels like a soundtrack for music. An ethereal soundtrack that will only get better and better with every listen.

On my initial listen I gave it a 7/10

After the second that grew to a solid 8/10

I get the feeling that it will continue to get higher the more I listen to it and discover something new.

Jasi
05-10-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of this album instead :(
The singles had got my hopes up but after 6-7 listens, here are my thoughts:

. Burn the Witch is awesome and the best track.
. True Love Waits was a great song live and it's even better in this arrangement. Makes for a great close. Definitely deserved a spot in a studio album.
. Daydreaming and Glass Eyes have something nice to them but mostly they sound like wasted chances.
. For the rest, the album seems (to me) devoid of solid inspiration. Excellent arrangements that embellish weak songwriting, that's my main issue with AMSP.
. However the album is great in terms of "unity" of sounds/atmospheres.

I am actually happy that after TKOL, Radiohead don't sound more and more like a side project of Thom's. This album totally doesn't. But I just don't love it, I can't find great ideas it except 2-3 numbers.