PDA

View Full Version : When will mainstream rap be good again?

Real14
05-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Kdot and j.cole are cool but not on no pac and nas shit. Drake and Kanye are nothing but hype with lackluster lyrics in the songs. What's up with mainstream rap ISH? how the hell we went from "Illmatic and "All eyez on me" to "views" and niguhz like future? How can we make rap better? Even better than ever??

FreezingTsmoove
05-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Kdot and j.cole are cool but not on no pac and nas shit. Drake and Kanye are nothing but hype with lackluster lyrics in the songs. What's up with mainstream rap ISH? how the hell we went from "Illmatic and "All eyez on me" to "views" and niguhz like future? How can we make rap better? Even better than ever??

Im so tired of J Cole being mentioned in the same sentence of the great artists of today, Im sick of it

J Cole is nice dont get me wrong but HE HASNT RELEASED SHIT IN 2 YEARS :facepalm

He hyped us up with a potential project with Kendrick and absolutely trolled his fans :facepalm

He gets no respect in my book until he drops something new

This also answers your question. It will be back when these mainstream rappers get off their ass and make new releases. Kendrick just dropped a chill new mixtape, Kanye's album was alright, Meek gave us a couple nice tracks, Drake has been on top and has released some GREAT music lately. Now just imagine if other mainstream rappers like J Cole, and Nicki got off their ass and dropped some new hits.

Dresta
05-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Never. Artistic forms tend to peak early, and then decline. Hip-Hop has already been drained right down to the dregs.

JohnnySic
05-02-2016, 04:26 PM
As it is, hip-hop was flogged for about 15 years past its shelf life. Let it lie.

9erempiree
05-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Hip hop is dead and I say this with a heavy heart.

insidehoops
05-02-2016, 04:50 PM
It'll be good again when I finally decide to spit fire so hot Earth's volcanos get jealous

-Jeff

chosen_one6
05-02-2016, 06:27 PM
What is dead may never die

warriorfan
05-02-2016, 06:29 PM

so true

sammichoffate
05-02-2016, 07:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mM527yJ3K8

KobesFinger
05-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Illmatic wasn't mainstream

dazzer87
05-02-2016, 07:40 PM
its dead....... Now we have artist and drake and lil Wayne :facepalm