PDA

View Full Version : How many legit "Go-To" guys have the Hawks had since Dominique left?

Tarik One
05-02-2016, 04:04 PM
Nique has been gone since 1994. Since then, I can't recall any in-their-prime scoring studs who have played for them. They've always been a team of balance, a bunch of 6,7, and 8 grade scale players; 4-5 players averaging 12-16ppg, but no one who stands out as a clutch scorer or a closer. This is going back to the Lenny Wilkens-coached teams in the mid-90s.

I swear I can't come up with a single player.

Haymaker
05-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Jason Terry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPoAssEIjNE

:D

The_Pharcyde
05-02-2016, 04:07 PM
joe johnson, josh smith and jeff teague all helped them "go-to" the second round

miggyme1
05-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Nique has been gone since 1994. Since then, I can't recall any in-their-prime scoring studs who have played for them. They've always been a team of balance, a bunch of 6,7, and 8 grade scale players; 4-5 players averaging 12-16ppg, but no one who stands out as a clutch scorer or a closer. This is going back to the Lenny Wilkens-coached teams in the mid-90s.

I swear I can't come up with a single player.

Jason terry,rasheed Wallace, joe Johnson had a slight period where he was doing everything for the hawks....it was a slight period.......steve smith was pretty good and I could have sworn he was averaging more than 12-16 ppg...but idk what you are looking for....for as flashy and great of a player nique was he lacked the substance that made mj,bird,magic,isiah great.

all those guys developed the other skills needed to win rings...although nique was great I have to put him on a tier right under them because he just didn't develop like he should have.

NBAGOAT
05-02-2016, 04:23 PM
pretty much one true one in joe johnson who's not exactly great. I guess you could count jason terry or steve smith but I wouldn't.

bizil
05-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Joe Johnson was the closest thing to a "go to guy" since Nique left. But with that said, Nique was one of the top five alpha dogs in the world for a TEN YEAR PERIOD!! Joe AT BEST was an alpha dog on a lower level, but NEVER the franchise player Nique was. Even though Joe was a better all around player than Nique, Nique was easily the better and more dominant player.

G-train
05-02-2016, 08:24 PM
They've had alot of 20ppg scorers since '94, a superstar like Nique rarely comes along for any team.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-02-2016, 10:10 PM
Jason terry,rasheed Wallace, joe Johnson had a slight period where he was doing everything for the hawks....it was a slight period.......steve smith was pretty good and I could have sworn he was averaging more than 12-16 ppg...but idk what you are looking for....for as flashy and great of a player nique was he lacked the substance that made mj,bird,magic,isiah great.

all those guys developed the other skills needed to win rings...although nique was great I have to put him on a tier right under them because he just didn't develop like he should have.

:coleman:

FreezingTsmoove
05-02-2016, 10:16 PM
Josh Childress without a doubt