PDA

View Full Version : Dat feel when playing NBA2K

90sgoat
05-02-2016, 07:12 PM
And you quickly learn the game wants you to spam high pick and roll, drive and kick to 3:roll:

A bit too realistic for my taste.

warriorfan
05-02-2016, 07:13 PM
op is budaddii

G-train
05-02-2016, 07:28 PM
I've played every basketball video game since 1993, and 2K is the best yet the most frustrating game to play.
Yet I buy it every year.

Nothing has caused me more irritation in this life than 2K.
I don't have to go into it, if you play you know what I'm talking about.

Draz
05-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Love 2k16. But yeah I use 01'-02 Lakers and set pick and rolls with kobe and Shaq all day every day. Open threes with Fox lmao
Beat my cousin in a series 3-2 and he's a pro

Fire Colangelo
05-02-2016, 07:36 PM
There are definitely ways to mitigate the pick and roll in this game....

90sgoat
05-02-2016, 07:41 PM
I play the PS3 version btw and mostly only against CPU, you can play other ways, but the most effective is simply to spam high pick and roll then kick and if the 3 isn't there the first time, then swing and swing.

They made the post play worse too compared to 14 which was the last I played. Can't even do a proper Hakeem shimmy anymore.

This game is the only video game I play, too old for other games, but this one is frustrating because it's so close to being a perfect basketball sim, but there's still these really annoying things you see when you play it a lot, like how effective the 3 ball strategy is, but then again, that is how most teams play.

G-train
05-02-2016, 07:43 PM
There are definitely ways to mitigate the pick and roll in this game....

Yep.

swagga
05-02-2016, 07:49 PM
2K is a steaming piece of shit compared to what it was.

Fire Colangelo
05-02-2016, 07:50 PM
I play the PS3 version btw and mostly only against CPU, you can play other ways, but the most effective is simply to spam high pick and roll then kick and if the 3 isn't there the first time, then swing and swing.

They made the post play worse too compared to 14 which was the last I played. Can't even do a proper Hakeem shimmy anymore.

This game is the only video game I play, too old for other games, but this one is frustrating because it's so close to being a perfect basketball sim, but there's still these really annoying things you see when you play it a lot, like how effective the 3 ball strategy is, but then again, that is how most teams play.

I can't speak to the PS3 version, but I find post play okay on PS4. I actually find the 3pt shot less effective this year compared to last, instead the midrange has become my bread and butter in a lot of games; especially against CPUs. I have no problem doing the dream shake/up & under in this game, in fact the post fade has been pretty cheesey I found. If you're using someone like Dirk/LMA, it's a shot that bails you out more often than not.

Online play becomes a complete different story since a lot of people don't play good defense and there are a lot of ways to punish them.

Overall.... The game has been fine in terms of gameplay mechanics... Only part they can improve on is by bringing better content to game modes such as my team.

Draz
05-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Would like to add when I first started playing I thought I had to full the shot meter my shot selection was the worst. Now I'm pretty great

FKAri
05-02-2016, 08:28 PM
And you quickly learn the game wants you to spam high pick and roll, drive and kick to 3:roll:

A bit too realistic for my taste.
You'd rather back your ass into a grown man?

FreezingTsmoove
05-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Once you truly learn how to lock the **** down on defense and master the art of the double team, you can run any type of offense you want and win consistently

Spurs m8
05-02-2016, 08:40 PM
16 was sick.

17 should be a cracker

G-train
05-02-2016, 08:49 PM
There has to be a TON of improvement to MyTeam.

Pushxx
05-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Stopped playing at 2k11. Progressively degraded each year after that.

bdreason
05-02-2016, 09:39 PM
I go to the P&P when I really need a bucket in 2K16. It's definitely easier to defend the P&R now.

G-train
05-02-2016, 09:55 PM
I go to the P&P when I really need a bucket in 2K16. It's definitely easier to defend the P&R now.

Yer P&P is definitely the option to use IMO.
There is alot of space in the midrange.

Spurs m8
05-02-2016, 09:58 PM
Stopped playing at 2k11. Progressively degraded each year after that.

Okay grandpa

Fire Colangelo
05-02-2016, 10:59 PM
There has to be a TON of improvement to MyTeam.

I don't even know where to start regarding my problem with MyTeam....

- nothing to do after getting the 1 seed
- Shitty content
- didn't update gauntlet board

G-train
05-02-2016, 11:04 PM
I don't even know where to start regarding my problem with MyTeam....

- nothing to do after getting the 1 seed
- Shitty content
- didn't update gauntlet board

Yep - and even more basic than that, like cards having stats so you can have a connection to them. Not difficult I would think. Should be able to see how many owners per card, their individual stats, games played, etc.

Solid Snake
05-02-2016, 11:44 PM
I've played every basketball video game since 1993, and 2K is the best yet the most frustrating game to play.
Yet I buy it every year.

Nothing has caused me more irritation in this life than 2K.
I don't have to go into it, if you play you know what I'm talking about.

Are you talking about online play or single player?

G-train
05-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Are you talking about online play or single player?

All modes.

I love to play it, yet I hate to play it.

They muck around too much with trying to equalizing scores, throwing ball out of bounds, missing wide open shots too much, missing perfect free throws in general game play.

MyTeam is just 5 years behind other games in that area.

MyPlayer story was a DISASTER this year. That mode went backwards somehow.

I don't play online much, too many cheesers.

Graviton
05-02-2016, 11:54 PM
I stopped playing it after 2k15, same shit every year. Idiots chucking 3s online and most of them go in even when I'm right in front of their face. The difficulty online is on like pro, every shot goes in. :facepalm

Smoke117
05-02-2016, 11:54 PM
I haven't been into an NBA2k game since 12k.