PDA

View Full Version : There's never been a PF as versatile/dominant as Draymond Green since Prime Garnett

Dray n Klay
05-02-2016, 11:11 PM
There's no debate here.

WeGetRing2012
05-02-2016, 11:14 PM
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/109374-3/Lamar+Odom+has+a+laugh.jpg

GrapeApe
05-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Versatile and dominant are two very different things. For example, Green is more versatile than Nowitzki, but Dirk was the better and more dominant player.

bigkingsfan
05-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Marreese Speights

Dray n Klay
05-02-2016, 11:30 PM
Versatile and dominant are two very different things. For example, Green is more versatile than Nowitzki, but Dirk was the better and more dominant player.

How? Offensively Dirk can shoot better, but Draymond is no slouch with the 3 pointer.

But Draymond is also the far better playmaker as well, while also having a post game.

So that negates Dirks shooting

And of course Draymond is twice the defender Dirk is, while not being too far behind offensively with his elite playmaking and shooting.

Of course Dirk was a slightly better scorer overall, but in terms of skill set they're similar, with Draymond being miles better defensively.

So how is Dirk more dominant?? :biggums:

Klayup
05-02-2016, 11:48 PM
Dirk was a 7' walking mismatch who changed his position and was unquestionably the best player on his team all through his prime.

His turnaround jumper is indefensible and has been copied by the best scorers in the league.

From 2005-2007 the San Antonio Spurs lost 1 playoff series. It was to Dirk's Mavericks.

He was the MVP in 2007.

In 2011 he took down what is among the greatest cumulative collection of talent ever in a single playoff run (in pretty dominant fashion) en route to blowing up the Miami all-star super friends and winning a Finals MVP. At the age of 32 BTW.

If Draymond ever shows he can carry a team like Dirk did then we'll be in the finals for the next 8 years. Dray just isn't on that level.

Atlantis
05-03-2016, 12:27 AM
Aldridge just scored 38 and 41.

NBAGOAT
05-03-2016, 12:52 AM
How? Offensively Dirk can shoot better, but Draymond is no slouch with the 3 pointer.

But Draymond is also the far better playmaker as well, while also having a post game.

So that negates Dirks shooting

And of course Draymond is twice the defender Dirk is, while not being too far behind offensively with his elite playmaking and shooting.

Of course Dirk was a slightly better scorer overall, but in terms of skill set they're similar, with Draymond being miles better defensively.

So how is Dirk more dominant?? :biggums:

:biggums: Are you really suggesting Dirk didn't have a post game which blows Draymond's away. This is bad even for you.

Fudge
05-03-2016, 12:53 AM
*2009/2010 Gasol*

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-03-2016, 12:55 AM
There's no debate here.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-03-2016, 12:57 AM
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/109374-3/Lamar+Odom+has+a+laugh.jpg
couldnt shoot
mediocre pickandroll defender

And Draymond is better than him at pretty much everything anyway, far more dominant. Lamar wasnt even more versatile than Diaw

G-train
05-03-2016, 12:58 AM
Give me a year to work from, not 'prime Garnett'.

G-train
05-03-2016, 12:59 AM
couldnt shoot
mediocre pickandroll defender

And Draymond is better than him at pretty much everything anyway, far more dominant. Lamar wasnt even more versatile than Diaw

Lamar could play point guard and center. Doesn't come much more versatile.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-03-2016, 01:01 AM
Lamar could play point guard and center. Doesn't come much more versatile.
So could Draymond

difference is Draymond could defend PGs and Cs as well. Lamar could not

Dray n Klay
05-03-2016, 01:03 AM
*2009/2010 Gasol*

Agreed, how could I forget :facepalm

#justiceforpau

G-train
05-03-2016, 01:13 AM
So could Draymond

difference is Draymond could defend PGs and Cs as well. Lamar could not

Yeah but that fat prick Diaw can't.
And Odom actually played point guard for a whole season as a rookie, Green claim that.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Yeah but that fat prick Diaw can't.
And Odom actually played point guard for a whole season as a rookie, Green claim that.

No he didnt he still played SF. McInnis was the PG

Draymond is GS PG anyways even with Steph playing. He initiates most of their offensive sets and handles the ball the most by time of possession. He also has the most assists and hockey assists on the team and weve seen him PGing without Steph and GS offense not missing a beat too. Steph is pretty much a shooting guard that has flashy passes. hes not a true PG

Diaw was still a better defender than Odom.

And none of it matters anyways. Draymond is more versatile than Odom and vastly superior/dominant player

G-train
05-03-2016, 01:35 AM

Draymond is GS PG anyways even with Steph playing. He initiates most of their offensive sets and handles the ball the most by time of possession. He also has the most assists and hockey assists on the team and weve seen him PGing without Steph and GS offense not missing a beat too. Steph is pretty much a shooting guard that has flashy passes. hes not a true PG

Diaw was still a better defender than Odom.

And none of it matters anyways. Draymond is more versatile than Odom and vastly superior/dominant player

Steph is the point guard.

Lamar Odom played point guard his rookie season.

FAX

My argument is, you said Diaw is more more versatile than Odom was, which is horse shit.

I'm not saying Odom is more versatile than Green, but Green is a unique power forward.

Odom played traditional point guard.

G-train
05-03-2016, 01:36 AM

did you watch the team play?

bizil
05-03-2016, 06:03 PM
When it comes to two way versatility on both sides of the rock, I think Dray pulls ahead of Odom. Offensively, I would give the edge to Lamar. But overall, I think Dray has a great case as the most versatile PF since KG. Anthony Davis has many of the attributes, but he doesn't have point forward skills like Dray or Odom. But with that said, peak KG was arguably the most versatile player of all time. 24 points, 14 rebounds, and 6 dimes a night. While being a freak athletic 7 footer who defended big swingmen all the way to centers!

Dragonyeuw
05-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Of course Dirk was a slightly better scorer overall,

There is more than a slight difference in their scoring. The problem with your logic is that you're thinking all facets of the game carry equal weight. Being an alpha scorer is the best ability to have, even if another player has more facets to their game. All Dirk needed was a veteran PG, interior toughness and a cast of veterans to deliver a title.

bizil
05-03-2016, 09:53 PM
There is more than a slight difference in their scoring. The problem with your logic is that you're thinking all facets of the game carry equal weight. Being an alpha scorer is the best ability to have, even if another player has more facets to their game. All Dirk needed was a veteran PG, interior toughness and a cast of veterans to deliver a title.

I agree! The MAIN REASON why Steph Curry is the widely considered the best player in the world is BECAUSE of alpha dog scoring ability! All around wise I still consider Bron the best in the world. But the epic alpha dog shit that Curry is doing SUPERCEDES Bron's all around advantage in the opinion of many.

The ONLY STAT that guarantees a win is points. So the premier scorers in the world who can dominate NO MATTER WHAT are the most valuable in my opinion. Even PG's like a Magic, Isiah, and CP3 were alpha dog quality from a pass first mindset.