PDA

View Full Version : Pop is cringeworthy

warriorfan
05-03-2016, 12:20 AM
his whole "this is so pointless" attitude is played out and tired as hell...dude just seems like a bitter baby dick crybaby....man up and just answer a few press questions and act semi-pleasant...if pop was black and acted like he did he would get crucified...instead people just say he is just edgy and "above it all"

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 12:23 AM
If Pop was black everyone would call him the biggest badass of all time and he would be the most beloved coach in NBA history on insidehoops.

Hawker
05-03-2016, 12:24 AM
If Pop was black everyone would call him the biggest badass of all time and he would be the most beloved coach in NBA history on insidehoops.

Yep. That's what people were saying about Marshawn. Wouldn't be any different with Pop.

inclinerator
05-03-2016, 12:24 AM
his whole "this is so pointless" attitude is played out and tired as hell...dude just seems like a bitter baby dick crybaby....man up and just answer a few press questions and act semi-pleasant...if pop was black and acted like he did he would get crucified...instead people just say he is just edgy and "above it all"
better than kerr

warriorfan
05-03-2016, 12:25 AM
Yep. That's what people were saying about Marshawn. Wouldn't be any different with Pop.

:roll:

G-train
05-03-2016, 12:25 AM

:confusedshrug:

3peated
05-03-2016, 12:26 AM
op is a dumb fk, "hey lets everyone just be teh same, the one guy who acts differently, get him in line!" whatever, hitler.

warriorfan
05-03-2016, 12:29 AM
op is a dumb fk, "hey lets everyone just be teh same, the one guy who acts differently, get him in line!" whatever, hitler.

nah its that he doesn't even have one shit of respect for people just doing their job and people like your wack ass celebrate it for some reason

Zeppelin
05-03-2016, 12:30 AM
You mean Pop isn't the most beloved coach on insidehoops? Who is?

Steven Kerry
05-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Less of a piece of shit move than Billy Donovan's response just minutes later.

imdaman99
05-03-2016, 12:32 AM
Pop does disrespect reporters that are doing their job. Can it be entertaining? Sure, but none of us have been in the reporter's shoes

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 12:33 AM
You mean Pop isn't the most beloved coach on insidehoops? Who is?
Probably Steve Kerr. Many people are indifferent towards Popovich and call his teams boring.

bdreason
05-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Thinks he's above everyone else. Won't even let reporters do their job. It's not like they're asking non-basketball related questions.

RRR3
05-03-2016, 12:45 AM
Yeah Black people get more respect. :rolleyes:

GTFO

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 12:46 AM

GTFO
In the basketball world? yeah

DaSeba5
05-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Nobody cares because he wins. People get real tired of someone when the team is losing. Then that person does everything wrong. But when they win, nobody cares what that person does.

3peated
05-03-2016, 01:01 AM
nah its that he doesn't even have one shit of respect for people just doing their job and people like your wack ass celebrate it for some reason

he's not giving you the answers you want, sorry bud, he's an individual, get off his d1ck

Zeppelin
05-03-2016, 01:05 AM
Probably Steve Kerr. Many people are indifferent towards Popovich and call his teams boring.
Half the forum was pissed off when Kerr won COTY. The new age coach I see being praised the most around here is Brad Stevens, by far. And lots of people call Pop the greatest coach ever.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
05-03-2016, 01:05 AM
I don't like the shitty cringy mysticism surrounding him and the SPurs and always having a master plan:facepalm

Zeppelin
05-03-2016, 01:06 AM
I don't like the shitty cringy mysticism surrounding him and the SPurs and always having a master plan:facepalm
Irks me as well. Popovich is a wonderful coach, imo the GOAT but some people would have you believe that everytime he's ever lost was on purpose.

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 01:10 AM

GTFO
In the basketball world, on ISH, in the minds of horny women, and the minds of dumbass university age kids?

Definitely.

SpaceJam
05-03-2016, 01:11 AM

If Pop was black, he wouldn't be an all time great coach :eek: :eek:

LebronsHairline
05-03-2016, 01:26 AM
If Pop was black he'd say, "Put Some Respeck On It." "Ya'll finish or ya'll done?"

warriorfan
05-03-2016, 01:58 AM
pop is cringe

plowking
05-03-2016, 02:25 AM

This is true.

Although Pop is the greatest coach of all time. But yeah, even when the Spurs lose, people act as if they did it on purpose. :oldlol:

CeltsGarlic
05-03-2016, 02:38 AM
Thinks he's above everyone else. Won't even let reporters do their job. It's not like they're asking non-basketball related questions.

he doesnt like the idea of asking coaches questions during the game, when they should be focused on winning.

TommyGriffin
05-03-2016, 03:10 AM
he doesnt like the idea of asking coaches questions during the game, when they should be focused on winning.
He actually does it all the time: pre-game, during the game, and post-game.

ScalsFan21
05-03-2016, 07:20 AM
I agree that Pop's media treatment is cringeworthy at best, and kind of rude. I would absolutely dread interviews with the guy if I were in the media.

Still superior to Phil and Pat.

sportjames23
05-03-2016, 07:28 AM
LOL how is Pop greater than Phil, Red, or Pat? Each of them lead their teams to repeats in stronger eras.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 07:36 AM
I dont get why hes being an asshole to Craig all the time nowadays... Craig dont like it.

ScalsFan21
05-03-2016, 07:49 AM
LOL how is Pop greater than Phil, Red, or Pat? Each of them lead their teams to repeats in stronger eras.

Hard to compare with Red so I left him out.

I don't understand why repeats are considered such a make-or-break thing to have on the resume. The mid-2000s Spurs were quite possibly a dumb Manu foul away from being a part of a three-peat. Then came within an inch of a chip in '13 before winning in '14.

Why is he better than Phil? He's had unbelievable success and didn't need the stacked, hand-picked groups that Phil did to pull it off. Pop was/is a bigger part of the growth, acquisition and development of so many of his key players, while Jackson (while certainly no slouch in this area) to an extent built on foundations that were already in place before his arrival. Pop's uninterrupted and sustained excellence in one spot across eras is just more impressive to me than turning gold into a championship.

I hate these hypotheticals, but if you give Pop what Phil had, I do think he would achieve as much or more. I honestly think Riley is the better comparison for him.