PDA

View Full Version : Yoo what the **** was up with C-Webb at the end of the game?!

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 07:26 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bruh, they got the ball anyway! AND an open three... dude was fuming :biggums:

VengefulAngel
05-03-2016, 07:27 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bruh, they got the ball anyway! AND an open three... dude was fuming :biggums:

He's right though bro.

Anyways on topic he was getting flashbacks.

Akhenaten
05-03-2016, 07:30 AM
Fake outrage, it's not like an offensive foul would have give SAS freethrows just possession which they ended up getting still, plus ginobli committed a technical foul prior to that anyway. OKC should have gotten a FT plus possession.

Lebron23
05-03-2016, 07:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPB9NBUG2g

keep-itreal
05-03-2016, 07:34 AM

:oldlol:

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 07:37 AM
He was triggered

Shades of Mike Bibby getting socked in the face by Kobe

Naero
05-03-2016, 07:38 AM
He's right though bro.

:roll:

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Was that fake outrage?

I mean, dude has to know they wouldnt have gotten a better shot than they did anyway... dude was choking up at one point.

That was HARDLY an egregious no-call.

The worrying thing is so many people buying into his meltdown, agreeing with him.

From the other thread

He said 'it doesn't even matter what happens after that'.
Well, it actually does. They still got possession. The non call actually put them in a better position.
Plenty of non calls leave you worse off.

exactly. What a diva.

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Buying into what? The narrative that the Spurs got cheated? Perhaps. But the sheer bluntness of the no-call.. You can understand holding no calls, but for the inbounds man to blatantly push the defender... How do you not call that? Not seeing it isn't an excuse, everyone saw it. It was just bizarre. Irrelevant of the fact that YES, the no-call actually put them in a better position with a 3 on 1 which Danny Green stuffed up by taking so goddamn long and not passing it to Manu... It was just such a blatant foul.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 07:47 AM
Buying into what? The narrative that the Spurs got cheated? Perhaps. But the sheer bluntness of the no-call.. You can understand holding no calls, but for the inbounds man to blatantly push the defender... How do you not call that? Not seeing it isn't an excuse, everyone saw it. It was just bizarre. Irrelevant of the fact that YES, the no-call actually put them in a better position with a 3 on 1 which Danny Green stuffed up by taking so goddamn long and not passing it to Manu... It was just such a blatant foul.

Whaaat? It really wasn't, though... Manu previously already stepped on the line and had his hands all over it, that would be the first violation :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 07:50 AM
Cmon man... got Magic saying it was the worst missed call in playoff history :roll:

if C-Webb wouldn't have teared up no one would even be saying this shit.

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 07:53 AM
I know, but that's irrelevant

They are all missed calls

Just that the inbounds man shove was so blatantly obvious

That's the point

sd3035
05-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Manu already stepped out of bounds, so his flop was irrelevant

Webber is just a salty bitch

Wally450
05-03-2016, 10:07 AM
He was triggered.

Velocirap31
05-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Manu already stepped out of bounds, so his flop was irrelevant

Webber is just a salty bitch

If this is true, then you're completely right. Should have been a technical foul on Manu then.

Rake2204
05-03-2016, 10:24 AM
I don't really see the big issue with Webber's commentary. With all the additional replays we've had since, we've now seen plenty of other issues that nullify his point (and maybe some saw those issues right away).

But when I first saw the play myself, it appeared that Waiters committed a very clear and obvious violation. And sure, Patty Mills technically got a pretty good look, but a scrambled good look is a lot different than an orchestrated one.

As it turns out, it's tough to tell with 100% certainty, but it looks as if Manu Ginobili not only stepped on the line (illegal), but he also appeared to be breaking the plane with his arms at various times throughout the inbounds attempt (also illegal). I think he may have even hit Waiters' elbow before the push.

But in the heat of the moment, yeah, all I saw was Waiters' push, so I get Webber's reaction, even if he ended up being wrong in the long run. Well, I mean he was right, it was a violation, he just missed the Ginobili violations first, which were less obvious on the first run through.

BlazerRed
05-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Melt. Down. I didn't hear him complaining that Gino had his foot on the line and was impeding beyond the rules with his arms as well. Webber can suck a fat dick :lol

Steven Kerry
05-03-2016, 10:48 AM
Is his rant online yet?

HurricaneKid
05-03-2016, 11:21 AM
If this is true, then you're completely right. Should have been a technical foul on Manu then.

Except he didn't.

And a dead ball foul intentionally committed is almost always called a technical foul.

sd3035
05-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Except he didn't.

And a dead ball foul intentionally committed is almost always called a technical foul.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/MNczrCmYDMtXj7r_JCTzxJgZ4GA=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6428923/manu.0.jpg

sd3035
05-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Another obvious foul that negates the Manu flop :applause: :applause:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/4hsjtj.jpg

Steven Kerry
05-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Another obvious foul that negates the Manu flop :applause: :applause:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/4hsjtj.jpg
The ref isn't looking at that one. Clearly should have saw the shove that was right in front of his face.

Steven Kerry
05-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Btw, Webber's rant is here: http://*********.com/2016/05/03/chris-webber-went-off-about-blatant-offensive-foul-on-manu-ginobili/

Edit: The ***** end in hype.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 11:53 AM
The ref isn't looking at that one. Clearly should have saw the shove that was right in front of his face.

who cares what hes looking at? It still happened, if were talking about right or wrong, that was as much missed as the shove.

sd3035
05-03-2016, 11:54 AM
That one doesn't fit my agenda though :cry:

solid post :applause:

Replay32
05-03-2016, 12:10 PM
Yeah. Webber was going off. He was annoying. IMO, the no call wasn't that big of a deal only because the spurs stole the ball. They had a time out left that could of been called and they got the final shot.

This whole thing was blown way out of proportion. I've never seen anything like what Waiters did in my life though. The Thunder are so bad late in 4th quarters. :facepalm

HurricaneKid
05-03-2016, 12:19 PM
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/MNczrCmYDMtXj7r_JCTzxJgZ4GA=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6428923/manu.0.jpg

Have you ever seen that called in an NBA game? Because when Waiters hit Manu he was 2+ feet inbounds.

I'd argue it should have been a tech. A forearm into the opposition during a deadball is ALWAYS a tech.

BlazerRed
05-03-2016, 12:21 PM
solid post :applause:
:lol :applause:

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Have you ever seen that called in an NBA game? Because when Waiters hit Manu he was 2+ feet inbounds.

I'd argue it should have been a tech. A forearm into the opposition during a deadball is ALWAYS a tech.

bruh stop

what about Kawhi toring Russ' jersey then

atljonesbro
05-03-2016, 12:30 PM
Thunder season = *

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 12:34 PM
San Antonio didn't get screwed because they actually ended up in a more favorable position

Just didn't execute

But yep the Dion Waiters push is one of the biggest no calls of all time

Not because of scenario circumstance and consequence to opponent

But because of how blatant, absurd and clear it was

The ref was literally right next to the inbounds, looking straight at them

Stop talking about the timeline sequence of other no calls trying to cancel eachother out

Because the Spurs benefited regardless, and the refs will never call a holding foul or 1cm on the line in that scenario

Just couldn't capitalize on an advantageous situation

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Shades of Mike Bibby getting elbowed by Kobe, but the Kings didn't end up in a favorable position like the Spurs did

HurricaneKid
05-03-2016, 12:47 PM
bruh stop

what about Kawhi toring Russ' jersey then

Not as bad as Ibaka "toring" LMAs jersey at the end

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 12:50 PM

yeah, but theyre both fouls... who cares if its not as bad, one wouldnt have happened had the FIRST one been called... so if you wanna play the ref game, you better start at the first wrong call, hypocrite.

SwayDizzle
05-03-2016, 12:51 PM
lol 'toring'

sd3035
05-03-2016, 01:04 PM
toring :applause:

Bosnian Sajo
05-03-2016, 01:29 PM
Shades of Mike Bibby getting elbowed by Kobe, but the Kings didn't end up in a favorable position like the Spurs did

Kobe's wasn't that blatant though, cmon now.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 01:31 PM

when you get too deluded in your bias

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 01:34 PM
http://oi27.tinypic.com/2chuq9e.jpg