PDA

View Full Version : Toronto won regular season series 3-1 vs Miami this season: Therefore Raps in 6

k0kakw0rld
05-03-2016, 12:59 PM
There is no way Miami beat the Raptors.

I guarantee a Raptors win.

Born Sinner
05-03-2016, 01:02 PM
They should just allow cavs to rest till finals. These teams are a joke

Fire Colangelo
05-03-2016, 01:02 PM
And what was our record against the Wizards in the regular season last year?

Dray n Klay
05-03-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm a HUGE raptors fan but Miami is just too damn stacked

imdaman99
05-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Regular season means little when it comes to these Raptors.

Legends66NBA7
05-03-2016, 01:07 PM

While the OP is wrong (what else is new) about using the RS series to predict an outcome of a playoff series, the 2015 team isn't close to the 2016 team. 2015 team was actually collapsing on it's way to the playoffs and played no defense. The role players are far better 2 way players and they saved the team from that 1st round.

Kyle and DeMar should play better, they just had a horrible defensive matchup in Hill and PG.

DoctorP
05-03-2016, 01:09 PM
Following that logic it should be Raps in 5.

TemporaMutantur
05-03-2016, 01:09 PM
The Raptors just seem off in the playoffs. They play a little looser in the regular season, and it really helps their play. I think this one will go to 7.

PJR
05-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Wade also didn't play in the last game, but okay.

k0kakw0rld
05-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Last year is last year.
We moved on to the second round.
Monkey is off their backs now.
I'm hughly confident about this team. Of course our history in the first round forced people to doubt us. But look at us...

If you not a believer, get the **** outta here, fake fan. They have the better team on paper. Now time to show it on the court. Let's go boys :rockon:

k0kakw0rld
05-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Wade also didn't play in the last game, but okay.
No offense but who the fvck is Wade in 2016.

Just hit tough shots down the stretch vs who? Jemery Lin? Courtney Lee? :oldlol:

He sure disappeared in game 7. And got his ass carried by Dragic, Whiteside and Deng the entire series vs Charlotte.

We ain't scared of him. Toronto is a much better defensive team.

Legends66NBA7
05-03-2016, 01:52 PM

Just hit tough shots down the stretch vs who? Jemery Lin? Courtney Lee? :oldlol:

He sure disappeared in game 7. And got his ass carried by Dragic, Whiteside and Deng the entire series vs Charlotte.

Ugh... Wade still played better than both of Toronto's all-stars in the playoffs last round. So yeah, who the **** is Wade indeed...

And Toronto's a much better defensive team ? Their not, don't know where you got that from. This battle is actually going to be super close if all parties come to play.

PJR
05-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Toronto was actually the second worse defensive team in the Eastern conference playoffs lol. Only Detroit was worse.

Dragic, Wade, Iso Joe (raptor killer) and Deng are all gonna eat good. Nom Nom

Uncle Drew
05-03-2016, 02:04 PM
OP is legit dumb. Honestly, his IQ doesn't surpass DeFrozan's and/or Lowry's FG% in these playoffs.

k0kakw0rld
05-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Ugh... Wade still played better than both of Toronto's all-stars in the playoffs last round. So yeah, who the **** is Wade indeed...

And Toronto's a much better defensive team ? Their not, don't know where you got that from. This battle is actually going to be super close if all parties come to play.
Nothing wrong with Raps in 6.

Wade is an all time great don't get me wrong. But the performance he had game 6 vs Charlotte was not something he's been doing consistently, lately.

He is capable but against Toronto he will need Dragic to step up again and I'm not sure about him either. Lowry got him on defense i have no fear.

Wade will be guarded Carroll, Demar and Cory sometimes. (I trust Carroll and Cory more)

I can live with Deng averaging 20 ppg
Joe Johnson is garbage

The only issue I see is Whiteside at this point, defensively.
If we use Big V properly in the post, he can put Whiteside in foul trouble.

Raps in 6, yes I believe.

Dragonyeuw
05-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Does the OP realize there's been numerous instances of a team losing a season series, then beating the same team in a playoff series that year? Are you aware than the Cavs swept the season series against San Antonio in 2007? Was that indicative of what happened in the finals??

GrapeApe
05-03-2016, 07:04 PM
We all know that regular season head-to-head records are pretty meaningless in terms of predicting a playoff series. The Heat were 2-1 against the Cavs and both wins were blowouts. Does that mean the Heat should be favored against Cleveland if they meet next round? Obviously not.

The Heat were more impressive in the first round than the Raptors and they beat a better opponent. That has more relevance right now. Charlotte was top 10 in offense and defense and they had one of the best records in the league after the all-star break. They are much better than given credit for. I also think that despite that series going 7, the Heat outplayed the Hornets in 6 of 7 games.

I never make predictions for the Heat. Too superstitious. Objectively speaking though, I think they have a slight edge in momentum heading into the series. They also won their previous road game in a hostile environment.

Crimsonrain777
05-03-2016, 07:06 PM

Wade may not be the same offensive threat that he was in the past. but he's still a great playmaker and out of all the Heat players. is the best at setting Whiteside up in the paint which is a big part of the Heats offense. He's also pretty dangerous off the ball and with Torontos main perimeter defensive attention on him, he can free up other Heat players for open shots.

Naero
05-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Call me when the Raptors actually translate their regular-season into the playoffs; thereafter, you can try citing regular-season records as if they bode any significance to the playoffs.

If you want to cross-compare regular-season and playoffs records, however, look at the fact they won 3-1 against the lowly Pacers in the regular season and took 7 games

GrapeApe
05-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Wade may not be the same offensive threat that he was in the past. but he's still a great playmaker and out of all the Heat players. is the best at setting Whiteside up in the paint which is a big part of the Heats offense. He's also pretty dangerous off the ball and with Torontos main perimeter defensive attention on him, he can free up other Heat players for open shots.

That guy had to be trolling. He said Wade got carried the entire series, despite him being the Heat's top scorer, top playmaker, and top clutch performer. In fact, Wade had one of the best playoff performances ever for a 34 year old SG not named Jordan.

Crimsonrain777
05-03-2016, 07:32 PM
That guy had to be trolling. He said Wade got carried the entire series, despite him being the Heat's top scorer, top playmaker, and top clutch performer. In fact, Wade had one of the best playoff performances ever for a 34 year old SG not named Jordan.

seems like every other poster on this site is a troll:facepalm

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Toronto might win one game when Miami goes cold all of a sudden. But thats it. Miamis the better team, better defense, better players, better stars, more depth, vastly superior coach.

Winslow is gonna wreck _erozan if they matchup

Legends66NBA7
05-03-2016, 07:43 PM
That guy had to be trolling.

He is. He even admitted that he does it because the rest of ISH is a shit show. Guess you can excuse that, not like anyone moderates anymore.

Logically, series will go the distance and it's not going to be easy. RS doesn't mean much here. Both teams were missing key players in those games.

As many fans have mentioned for the Heat missing Wade in a game, DeMarre Carroll didn't even play in any of the games against Miami and he's Toronto's top defensive wing. James Johnson was starting like 3 of them and Luis Scola started all of them. Neither guy is part of the playoff rotation at the moment. Totally different teams facing off against each other.

dannysc305
05-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Teams weren't as presently constructed in either four of those games. Toronto never had Carroll and there were games heat still had bosh before joe came, then joe came and Wade was out, etc.

Legends66NBA7
05-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Oh yeah, I think James Johnson started all the games vs the Heat. Raps now are going 4 wings + a big just like the Heat.