PDA

View Full Version : Replace Kobe with Durant on the 2008-2010 Lakers. How many titles?

IGOTGAME
05-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Does he also win with Pau Gasol?

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 02:10 PM
2014-2016 KD? Assuming he doesnt get injured?

AirBonner
05-03-2016, 02:12 PM
he would of 3peated

IGOTGAME
05-03-2016, 02:12 PM
2014-2016 KD? Assuming he doesnt get injured?
Whatever you consider prime Durant

feyki
05-03-2016, 02:13 PM
One , 2009 .

Dr Hawk
05-03-2016, 02:14 PM
They would definitely lose in 2010

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-03-2016, 03:10 PM
0 with no finals appearances

Steven Kerry
05-03-2016, 03:14 PM
he would of 3peated
This.

Underrated KD
05-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Same number of titles at the very least. As great as Kobe was in that period, KD is the more efficient scorer and harder to guard imo. He hasn't been efficient in this playoffs but in general, he is a super efficient scorer. Also, KD would have a much better coach on Lakers (one of the GOAT coaches) and that means an actual plays will be set for him which gives him easier baskets unlike in OKC where he has to create for himself almost every time.

IllegalD
05-03-2016, 03:26 PM
0 titles.

KD hasn't been able to win a title even though his 2nd option Westbrook is far superior to Pau Gasol, and his third option Ibaka is just as good as Lamar Odom.

Don't even get me started on when he had James Harden as his "6th man".

Durant is a scorer who when his shot isn't falling doesn't know how to impact the game on the defensive end like Kobe does. That's why he hasn't and will most likely never win a ring.

tpols
05-03-2016, 03:28 PM
maybe 1.. whole lot of defenders KD is going to have to go through that could give him a lot of trouble.

Ron Artest
AK47
Bruce Bowen
Tony Allen

so it hinges on if he gets locked down by the physicality of those guys. Pau is no westbrook.. if KD's in serious trouble, that teams going to sink. Kobe slayed all these guys though because he can handle physical punishment much better, and even prefers it, working in the post to create offense on a consistent basis. KD is prone to getting locked up imo

Underrated KD
05-03-2016, 03:31 PM
0 titles.

KD hasn't been able to win a title even though his 2nd option Westbrook is far superior to Pau Gasol, and his third option Ibaka is just as good as Lamar Odom.

Don't even get me started on when he had James Harden as his "6th man".

Durant is a scorer who when his shot isn't falling doesn't know how to impact the game on the defensive end like Kobe does. That's why he hasn't and will most likely never win a ring.

Yeah let's ignore that OKC always had a shitty coaching smh
or is coaching doesn't make an impact in basketball at all? There is a huge difference between Scott Brooks/Billy Donovan and Phil freaking Jackson.

Not to mention, OKC is full of holes. Too many one trick pony type of players. Only KD and Russ are good on both ends. Ibaka is shit on D now. They don't even have a proper SG. Bench is one of the worst.

With Harden in 2012, the team was so young and shitty coaching was still there. Heat was overall better team and they were the ones that should win. Wade, LeBron and Bosh were all matured as players unlike OKC players.

IllegalD
05-03-2016, 03:34 PM
Yeah let's ignore that OKC always had a shitty coaching smh
or is coaching doesn't make an impact in basketball at all? There is a huge difference between Scott Brooks/Billy Donovan and Phil freaking Jackson.

Not to mention, OKC is full of holes. Too many one trick pony type of players. Ibaka is shit on D now. They don't even have a proper SG. Bench is one of the worst.

With Harden in 2012, the team was so young and shitty coaching was still there. Heat was overall better team and they were the ones that should win. Wade, LeBron and Bosh were all matured as players unlike OKC players.

:roll: buncha lameass excuses. Funny how you completely dodge the point about KD not being an All-NBA/Elite perimeter defender like Kobe. :lol

konex
05-03-2016, 03:37 PM
None. Kobe was the PG of those teams as well. KD cannot play PG

Underrated KD
05-03-2016, 03:42 PM
:roll: buncha lameass excuses. Funny how you completely dodge the point about KD not being an All-NBA/Elite perimeter defender like Kobe. :lol

Not excuses at all. Just stating facts. OKC were never good enough to win it all mainly because of terrible coaching, weak bench and role players. They were never beating peaking Heat team in finals with Scott Brooks as their coach. After Harden, Presti kept ruining the franchise with his awful decisions.

And KD is an underrated defender in general. Wouldn't say great but good enough to make impactful plays on that end. His length is great. He made several clutch plays on that end this year. His bloke on Chris Paul was the best one.

LongLiveTheKing
05-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Easy 3-peat

Underrated KD
05-03-2016, 03:47 PM
maybe 1.. whole lot of defenders KD is going to have to go through that could give him a lot of trouble.

Ron Artest
AK47
Bruce Bowen
Tony Allen

so it hinges on if he gets locked down by the physicality of those guys. Pau is no westbrook.. if KD's in serious trouble, that teams going to sink. Kobe slayed all these guys though because he can handle physical punishment much better, and even prefers it, working in the post to create offense on a consistent basis. KD is prone to getting locked up imo

Fair point. I agree with the bolded part.

Dr Hawk
05-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Easy 3-peat

http://replygif.net/i/787.gif

KingPush
05-03-2016, 03:52 PM
They win all three years

Durant is being very underrated here lately. His MVP season was crazy

Lebronxrings
05-03-2016, 03:59 PM
with a Phil Jackson? Easy 3 titles.. wouldn't even hit game 7s... Phil Jackson is very underrated.

riseagainst
05-03-2016, 04:01 PM
probably just 1 in 09.

TheImmortal
05-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Durant cannot provide the intangibles Kobe did for that team. KD needs someone to take turns playmaking.. dude gasses out easy and can't handle defensive pressure. With Derek Fisher at PG he'll have a lot of playmaking responsibilities. So most likely Lakers would win Zero. Melo's Nuggets would've beat him soundly... someone post Kobe's numbers against that team.. GOAT gonna GOAT.

Magic 32
05-03-2016, 04:41 PM
I doubt Durant would trust the triangle offense when the goings got tough. Or be smart enough to use it, really.

I can just see him launching contested 3-pointers in the last minutes against the Spurs (08), the Nuggets (09) and Celtics (10).

And he would probably lose against every one of them.

KobesFinger
05-03-2016, 04:42 PM
Can Durant play in the triangle?

NBAGOAT
05-03-2016, 04:45 PM
2 he's not beating the Celtics in 08 but I think they can beat the Suns and Celtics in 10.

Lebronxrings
05-03-2016, 04:50 PM
i love how kobe stans are saying durant wouldn't be smart enough to use the triangle. :oldlol:

This is coming from kobe stans.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Can Durant play in the triangle?

the "can _ play in the triangle?" card? :roll:

IllegalD
05-03-2016, 05:04 PM
i love how kobe stans are saying durant wouldn't be smart enough to use the triangle. :oldlol:

:biggums:

Kobe knows the triangle offense better than any player ever (per Tex Winters) and is the only player to play the dual Pippen/Jordan role (lead guard facilitator/go-to-guy scorer) in the offense.

:facepalm

Magic 32
05-03-2016, 05:08 PM

Phil Jackson has said that Kobe knew the triangle better than any of his players ever.

Underrated KD
05-03-2016, 05:17 PM
They win all three years

Durant is being very underrated here lately. His MVP season was crazy

Thank you man. Great to see some appreciation for KD's MVP season. Quite underrated indeed. Dude was beyond amazing in that season.

Magic 32
05-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Thank you man. Great to see some appreciation for KD's MVP season. Quite underrated indeed. Dude was beyond amazing in that season.

Nobody is saying anything bad about Durant's MVP season (it's borderline top 10 all time), but how did he fare in the playoffs (any playoff for that matter)?

In fact, I don't think you can rate any of Durant's playoff runs over Kobe's 08, 09 and 10 runs.

And we are talking about comparing him unfavourably to a top 10 player ever. What do you expect?

Mike smith
05-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Nobody is saying anything bad about Durant's MVP season (it's borderline top 10 all time), but how did he fare in the playoffs (any playoff for that matter)?

In fact, I don't think you can rate any of Durant's playoff runs over Kobe's 08, 09 and 10 runs.

And we are talking about comparing him unfavourably to a top 10 player ever. What do you expect?
Didn't he average over 30 pts a game on 50% shooting in the finals??

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 05:51 PM

look, I can almost understand the first part of your post, but to just flat out clame Kobe is top 10 is a bit absurd, wouldnt you say?

KingPush
05-03-2016, 05:53 PM
This, dude tryna act like 2012 never happened

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-03-2016, 06:08 PM
1...maybe 2

I could see them winning in 2010 since Kobe was playing on a bad leg or whatever.

look, I can almost understand the first part of your post, but to just flat out clame Kobe is top 10 is a bit absurd, wouldnt you say?

Dude is Top 10. Quit letting ESPN think for you.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 06:12 PM
1...maybe 2

I could see them winning in 2010 since Kobe was playing on a bad leg or whatever.

Dude is Top 10. Quit letting ESPN think for you.

Im sorry, I still think Hakeem was better in his prime :( Im sorry dude

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Im sorry, I still think Hakeem was better in his prime :( Im sorry dude

Barkley was essentially as good as Kobe in his prime, but like Hakeem, they never accomplished as much as Bean.

If we're taking EVERYTHING into account, I just don't see an argument for Hakeem > Kobe. :confusedshrug:

KiiiiNG
05-03-2016, 06:17 PM
Easily 3. Anyone saying otherwise is ****ing stupid and/or ignorant.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Barkley was essentially as good as Kobe in his prime, but like Hakeem, they never accomplished as much as Bean.

If we're taking EVERYTHING into account, I just don't see an argument for Hakeem. :confusedshrug:

Hakeem's 6 best versions are probably better than Kobe's 6 best.. thats enough for me to consider him superior.

These lists get flawed when inferior players get a higher ranking because you feel 'as a whole he was better' or had a higher ring count... Kobe's first 3 and last 3 years haven't been of worthyness anyway.

Showtime2001
05-03-2016, 06:19 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/136085/2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

chazzy
05-03-2016, 07:22 PM
but to just flat out clame Kobe is top 10 is a bit absurd, wouldnt you say?
I haven't posted much lately but when did this become absurd? After the ESPN list? You guys love to let other people think for you :oldlol:

Magic 32
05-03-2016, 07:29 PM

In 2014?

This, dude tryna act like 2012 never happened

It happened. He lost. Kobe 2008, 2009, 2010 > Durant 2012

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Lol at idiots like AW laughing at the thought that other players might not fit well in the triangle.

If the triangle is so good and easy to play within, why doesn't everybody run it? Why does somebody like Melp who is a great scorer, hate playing in it? Why do potential candidates for the Knicks stray away from coaching the team because Phil is so persistent about running the triangle?

Lebron23
05-03-2016, 07:36 PM
3 peat.

Durant is a better finals performer than Chokebe. It sucks that Durant is no longer the same player after that foot injury.

NBAGOAT
05-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Lol at idiots like AW laughing at the thought that other players might not fit well in the triangle.

If the triangle is so good and easy to play within, why doesn't everybody run it? Why does somebody like Melp who is a great scorer, hate playing in it? Why do potential candidates for the Knicks stray away from coaching the team because Phil is so persistent about running the triangle?

Don't even compare Melo and Durant's versatility when it comes to offense. That's one of Durant's bigger strengths he can fit in a lot of different systems.. Also Phil Jackson running the triangle is much different from Fisher/Rambis. He could definitely get Melo to buy in if he was coaching.

Genaro
05-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Probably none. Maybe 2009.
Kobe was a much better defender and playmaker. Durant also shat his pants on multiple occasions and hides from the ball. Kobe, for good or bad, never hid from the game.

Magic 32
05-03-2016, 08:01 PM
3 peat.

Durant is a better finals performer than Chokebe. It sucks that Durant is no longer the same player after that foot injury.

Oh look, it Mr. Rational.

The hate is still there. How nice.

r0drig0lac
05-03-2016, 08:14 PM
zero

Lebronxrings
05-03-2016, 08:16 PM
3 peat.

this is the only rational answer.

Showtime2001
05-03-2016, 08:31 PM
3 peat.

"better finals performer" = 1 Finals appearance and no championship.

:oldlol:

raprap
05-03-2016, 08:54 PM
2 rings.

Mike smith
05-03-2016, 09:05 PM
3 peat.

He looks pretty fine to me. There is no sign that his foot injury has done anything to him.

JT123
05-03-2016, 09:07 PM
Most likely a 3 peat. I love how these Kobetards are now trying to pretend that taking the 2008 Celtics to 6 games is some huge accomplishment. :oldlol: Here are the facts:

1. Lakers were huge favorites
2. Boston only won the series because Kobe allowed his team to blow a 25 point lead AT HOME in the pivotal game 4. Pretty sure Durant doesn't allow that epic choke to happen.

Anyone saying Durant would win less than 2 is just a retarded stan whose letting their emotions cloud their rational thinking. There is literally NOTHING that prime Kobe is better at than prime Durant.

eliteballer
05-03-2016, 09:12 PM
Kobe was past his prime in 2009 and 2010, and STILL a far better playoff player.

eliteballer
05-03-2016, 09:13 PM
Most likely a 3 peat. I love how these Kobetards are now trying to pretend that taking the 2008 Celtics to 6 games is some huge accomplishment. :oldlol: Here are the facts:

2. Boston only won the series because Kobe allowed his team to blow a 25 point lead AT HOME in the pivotal game 4. Pretty sure Durant doesn't allow that epic choke to happen.

Anyone saying Durant would win less than 2 is just a retarded stan whose letting their emotions cloud their rational thinking. There is literally NOTHING that prime Kobe is better at than prime Durant.

The only 'tard here is you. Boston was a 66 win team with arguably the best defense ever and 3 all time great players. Shove it. Durant is garbaage in the playoffs.

Lebronxrings
05-03-2016, 09:35 PM

somebody bump the greatest slays thread. :applause:

Lebronxrings
05-03-2016, 09:35 PM
The only 'tard here is you. Boston was a 66 win team with arguably the best defense ever and 3 all time great players. Shove it. Durant is garbaage in the playoffs.
better in the playoffs than kobe...