PDA

View Full Version : Cowherd: 2 sources say if Lakers get #1 pick they will trade it

KingPush
05-03-2016, 04:12 PM
https://twitter.com/theherd/status/727565641071218688

Lol Ben Simmons hold this L

Steven Kerry
05-03-2016, 04:15 PM
#1 for DeRozan. Make it happen Mitch! :applause:

lilteapot
Lol trade it for who?

Build for the future you idiots.

KingPush
#1 for DeRozan. Make it happen Mitch! :applause:
Trade the pick plus Randle for Paul George

sammichoffate
05-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Trade the pick plus Randle for Paul GeorgeI would love it, but Indy would be out of their minds to even consider this.

Steven Kerry
05-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Trade the pick plus Randle for Paul George

Trade the pick plus Randle for DeRozan. Make it happen Mitch! :applause:

BlazerRed
05-03-2016, 04:28 PM
People actually want Derozan after these playoffs? :confusedshrug:

sammichoffate
05-03-2016, 04:30 PM
People actually want Derozan after these playoffs? :confusedshrug:Not me, i'd rather keep Clarkson than have him chucking for a few years before leaving.

scm5
05-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Lakers trade Russel, Randle, Young, #1 pick for Millsap + Teague

Lakers sign Durant and Whiteside

Teague
Clarkson
Durant
Millsap
Whiteside

senelcoolidge
05-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Carmelo!!!! 1st pick and Randall. lakers keep winning.

WayOfWad3
05-03-2016, 04:56 PM
The Lakers really don't know what they're doing do they?

90sgoat
05-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Simmons is not a sure thing. Randle is a good piece to build with, not sold on the snitch point guard. I suppose they could probably easily get DMC with some deal of that nr. 1 pick.

FreezingTsmoove
05-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Possibly a trade down since both Simmons nor Randle can play the 5. Both are power forwards

FreezingTsmoove
05-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Simmons is not a sure thing. Randle is a good piece to build with, not sold on the snitch point guard. I suppose they could probably easily get DMC with some deal of that nr. 1 pick.

He is a sure thing. Theres nothing about his game that wont translate in the NBA. He was a pro style passer forced to play in the slow college game. His whole game is built for NBA speed, and so is his body

PJR
05-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Too bad this draft is gonna be trash, and no one will give up much of anything

Levity
05-03-2016, 05:15 PM
IF the lakers land the #1 pick, im confident theyd only trade it for DMC or PG. now, neither of those teams would give up said player for just the #1 pick. but for those two aforementioned names, id add attach pretty much anyone on the roster to that #1 pick, sans russell (WANT to see him under luke). but honestly if the lakers got the #1/2 id rather just keep it and roll the dice with the current core + what free agency has to offer in the upcoming years

if they land the 3rd pick, then things get a bit more hazy. (keep, trade for player, trade down for lesser player and mid round pick, etc etc)

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 05:45 PM
#1 pick for Whiteside and Wade, let's get D-Wade one final title :rockon:

OR #1 pick for Paul George or KD.

Lamar Odumbb
05-03-2016, 05:46 PM
IF the lakers land the #1 pick, im confident theyd only trade it for DMC or PG. now, neither of those teams would give up said player for just the #1 pick. but for those two aforementioned names, id add attach pretty much anyone on the roster to that #1 pick, sans russell (WANT to see him under luke). but honestly if the lakers got the #1/2 id rather just keep it and roll the dice with the current core + what free agency has to offer in the upcoming years

if they land the 3rd pick, then things get a bit more hazy. (keep, trade for player, trade down for lesser player and mid round pick, etc etc)

Mitch has already shown he is unconventional when he picked D Russ over Okafur. I think Mitch will choose Bender over Simmons if Lakers get the 2 pick again. Ingram goes 1 to the Sixers. Sixers will have a nice front court with Okafor, Noel and Ingram. Lakers front court will be nice with Bendar, Randle, and Harrison Barnes if Durant joins the Warriors.

Levity
05-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Mitch has already shown he is unconventional when he picked D Russ over Okafur. I think Mitch will choose Bender over Simmons if Lakers get the 2 pick again. Ingram goes 1 to the Sixers. Sixers will have a nice front court with Okafor, Noel and Ingram. Lakers front court will be nice with Bendar, Randle, and Harrison Barnes if Durant joins the Warriors.

i can see something like that happening too. especially with the internal hesitation they had about grabbing porzingis or not. itll certainly come down to who impresses them MOST during workouts. but i can see them being a bit more willing to grab a foreign name this time around, granted the work out is stellar.

personally, im hoping we land in a position where we can draft ingram over anyone else. but bender really does intrigue me.

HurricaneKid
05-03-2016, 06:12 PM

That was not unconventional at all. A plodding C who is a horrendous defender has little value in today's NBA.

Lets also keep in mind that the Lakers have a 45% chance of not getting ANY pick this year.

bobopenguin
05-03-2016, 09:30 PM
He is a sure thing. Theres nothing about his game that wont translate in the NBA. He was a pro style passer forced to play in the slow college game. His whole game is built for NBA speed, and so is his body

u know, i heard the same thing that described this man, Anthony Bennett.

Im Still Ballin
05-03-2016, 09:34 PM
The Demarcus trade could be back on

Born Sinner
05-03-2016, 09:40 PM
#1 pick and clarkson for butler and snell

Ca$H
05-03-2016, 09:45 PM

If Durant joins the dubs they need to salary dump Bogut, Iggy, and Barnes to clear room. The Lakers can absorb their contracts. They should also sign Batum.

Russell/Willams
Batum/Clarkson
Ingram/Iggy
Barnes/Randle
Bogut/Nance Jr

bdreason
05-03-2016, 09:46 PM
They should take Ingram, and they'll have good, young talent at 4 positions; Russell, Clarkson, Ingram, and Randle.

TheMarkMadsen
05-03-2016, 09:54 PM
The Lakers really don't know what they're doing do they?

Can you read? They plan on trading the pick.

IGOTGAME
05-03-2016, 09:55 PM
I would love it, but Indy would be out of their minds to even consider this.

I want no part of that trade. They need to build now, they don't have the assets to put a team around Paul George that good enough to win a title. And I don't even know if George is that guy. Really hope that doesnt happen

KingPush
05-03-2016, 09:58 PM
I want no part of that trade. They need to build now, they don't have the assets to put a team around Paul George that good enough to win a title. And I don't even know if George is that guy. Really hope that doesnt happen
So you would rather have them be shitty for the next few years

CarlosBoozer
05-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Raptors have the ugliest style of basketball, pullup 3's and long 2's and isos that lead to horrible shot selections

kshutts1
05-04-2016, 09:27 AM
Trading down would be the only option for the Lakers, IMO. Getting an established star wouldn't make sense, as the rest of the roster is not ready to win. Granted, with the cap explosion, they may believe that they could add enough pieces to win now.

That said, Boston and Philly could be intriguing options for trading down. Both would have a bevy of picks to offer, as well as a young, quality, rotational player (Crowder or Covington).

As a Bulls fan, I love the Butler trade someone posted earlier, but please keep in mind that Chicago doesn't do any big trades. They just don't. They're arguably the most complacent organization in the league.

keep-itreal
05-04-2016, 09:31 AM
I would get Paul George no matter what

DingDengDong
05-04-2016, 09:32 AM
The Demarcus trade could be back on
I would laugh.

kurple
05-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Lakers trade Russel, Randle, Young, #1 pick for Millsap + Teague

Lakers sign Durant and Whiteside

Teague
Clarkson
Durant
Millsap
Whiteside
This team would be so bad if Durant doesnt sign there..

JohnnySic
05-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Nice. I'd love the Celtics to get Simmons with the 3rd pick, if they have it. :cheers:

longtime lurker
05-04-2016, 10:45 AM
Lakers can't be this stupid to trade the #1 pick.

Hopper15
05-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Jim buss is desperate because his ass on the line.

senelcoolidge
05-04-2016, 01:00 PM
seriously the lakers need to get rid of mitch kupchak and the buss's..they are all horrible. I think one of the Buss brothers is supposedly good but he's the one that's not involved with team decisions. as long as these people are there the lakers are garbage. jerry buss is dead, he's not coming back.

Im Still Ballin
05-04-2016, 01:09 PM
What's this Paul George talk

Now when I think about it

That would be an epic move if pulled off

He just had a hell of a playoff series

Lamar Odumbb
05-04-2016, 03:56 PM
seriously the lakers need to get rid of mitch kupchak and the buss's..they are all horrible. I think one of the Buss brothers is supposedly good but he's the one that's not involved with team decisions. as long as these people are there the lakers are garbage. jerry buss is dead, he's not coming back.

Didnt the NBA nix the CP3 trade that saved the Lakers money while getting the best pg in the game at that time. Mitch and Jim were in charge so they must know what they are doing. Mitch also traded Luke Wltons awful contract for picks. Mitch also traded that bum Kwame for Pau.

The Lakers problem the past 3 years is arrogance in thinking nobody leaves the Lakers. They didnt even get a 2nd round or late 1st picks or some role players in a trade when Pau and Dwight left.

Goldrush25
05-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Maybe some team will give them a ridiculous haul for the #1 pick. Good idea to at least float this idea to other teams right now.

Ca$H
05-04-2016, 04:34 PM
What's this Paul George talk

Now when I think about it

That would be an epic move if pulled off

He just had a hell of a playoff series

2 years left on his deal and plays in a small market. PG is from Cali too. Maybe sign Batum and Whiteside.

Russell
Batum
George
Randle
Whiteside
6th man- Clarkson.

Milbuck
05-04-2016, 05:14 PM
He is a sure thing. Theres nothing about his game that wont translate in the NBA. He was a pro style passer forced to play in the slow college game. His whole game is built for NBA speed, and so is his bodyPG, Kawhi, Bron, etc are gonna shut his no tournament making ass down in a second. Dude is literally terrified to shoot a 10 foot jumper, until he can even get off a jumer without wetting himself he's not built for shit.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 05:52 PM
bullshit sources

Lakers are gonna draft the player and keep him... why bother trading young guys for players when you have 60 mil in cap space to sign guys in FA...

Also saw Bill Simmons tweet some bullshit about Lakers basically trading all of their young assets for Paul George... these guys are desperate for clicks.

KingPush
05-04-2016, 06:47 PM
bullshit sources

Lakers are gonna draft the player and keep him... why bother trading young guys for players when you have 60 mil in cap space to sign guys in FA...

Also saw Bill Simmons tweet some bullshit about Lakers basically trading all of their young assets for Paul George... these guys are desperate for clicks.
Which FA would waste their prime playing on a team full of 20 year olds?

Clifton
05-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Simmons is the surest thing since Lebron James. You don't trade that pick for anything less than Kevin Durant.

which might be what they're after. Who knows?

Uchmanmamba24
05-04-2016, 07:42 PM
trade whatever pick we get + Randle for PG13. Get it done Mitch!

oh the horror
05-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Simmons is the surest thing since Lebron James. You don't trade that pick for anything less than Kevin Durant.

which might be what they're after. Who knows?

The issue there is, how old is Durant now? For the Lakers for the sake of this convo, someone like Paul George at 26 years old makes more sense to pair with their younger core.

I don't know. IMO you keep the pick and let this young squad grow together.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Which FA would waste their prime playing on a team full of 20 year olds?

So it makes sense to trade the entire team/core for one all-star caliber player?

This is why it makes the most sense for the Lakers to stand pat and not try to make any sudden moves this season...go all out next year on FAs.

no Derozan...no bullshit trades for Cousins or PG or some other star player... develop your own stars and use the cap space in the future to put an actual team together.

KingPush
05-04-2016, 08:11 PM
So it makes sense to trade the entire team/core for one all-star caliber player?

This is why it makes the most sense for the Lakers to stand pat and not try to make any sudden moves this season...go all out next year on FAs.

no Derozan...no bullshit trades for Cousins or PG or some other star player... develop your own stars and use the cap space in the future to put an actual team together.
ok be happy with mediocrity. Lakers will continue to miss the playoffs for the next 3+ years. They will not have touched the post season for more than half a decade

PickernRoller
05-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Boogie and Westbrook... ohh yes...

ISHGoat
05-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Boogie and Westbrook... ohh yes...

Those two will lead the lakers straight to the lottery.