PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry is a FRAUD.

livinglegend
05-03-2016, 10:23 PM
Stop voting this guy in the all-star game.
He is one of the biggest chokers in the history of sports.
Never seen someone drop off so much in the playoffs each year.

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 10:25 PM
So is Derozan

Together, they are the Trash Brothers
https://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/photos/2014/03/23/raptors_beat_hawks_96_86/kyle_lowry.jpg

Velocirap31
05-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Derozan has been far better. It's not even fair to demote him to Lowry's bottom tier.

warriorfan
05-03-2016, 10:33 PM
nice one konex :facepalm

ClipperRevival
05-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Dude's a disgrace. Wants nothing to do with the outcome. Has relegated himself to a sh'tty role player. The guy has no killer instinct. Where is the heart?

livinglegend
05-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Dude's a disgrace. Wants nothing to do with the outcome. Has relegated himself to a sh'tty role player. The guy has no killer instinct. Where is the heart?
Joseph should be starting for the raptors at this point.
Lowry is that bad.

Ramiah
05-03-2016, 11:05 PM
He's been playing like a bench player all playoffs...Dude lacks the mental fortitude to be a star player.

RRR3
05-03-2016, 11:07 PM
I remember Lowry torching golden state in the regular season. WTF happened to him

NBAGOAT
05-03-2016, 11:07 PM
What is with all these bullshit explanations. He's been shit but he's been aggressive, his shot has just been terribly off compounded by bad shot selection. It has nothing to do with "heart" or "mental fortitude".

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Kyle "No D, where's the O?" L_wry

jimmy77x
05-03-2016, 11:12 PM
What is with all these bullshit explanations. He's been shit but he's been aggressive, his shot has just been terribly off compounded by bad shot selection. It has nothing to do with "heart" or "mental fortitude".

His shot just happens to be "off" every year in the playoffs. No more excuses

NBAGOAT
05-03-2016, 11:13 PM
His shot just happens to be "off" every year in the playoffs. No more excuses

it's not an excuse, he's been shit. Just the best explanation out there.

Achilleas
05-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Kyle Lowry is shooting 16% from three this postseason

For their careers, DeAndre Jordan and Andre Drummond shoot a combined 19% from three

DaSeba5
05-03-2016, 11:14 PM
He's been terrible, but he's due for a big game at some point.

ClipperRevival
05-03-2016, 11:17 PM

His body language is Wilt-like. Just awful. The body controls the mind. He mentally is not engaged. It has everything to do with the mind.

DaSeba5
05-03-2016, 11:17 PM
No excuse for Lowry, but their offense is easy to guard. All their shots are 1 and done with a hand in their face. They just chuck jump shots. Nobody is going to consistently shoot well like that. But this may be historically bad.

RRR3
05-03-2016, 11:18 PM
His body language is Wilt-like. Just awful. The body controls the mind. He mentally is not engaged. It has everything to do with the mind.
Except Wilt was actually good in the playoffs. Regardless of whether or not you think he was a choker, he at least was capable of producing in the playoffs. Lowry hasn't had a single good playoff game this year.

That said, he clearly was deserving of the all-star team, OP

Milbuck
05-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Dude is hurt I'm pretty sure, elbow iirc. He's mentally soft too, seems like the combination of playing hurt + playoff intensity just destroys his confidence.

NBAGOAT
05-03-2016, 11:20 PM

I disagree, the commentators even commented on how he was staying aggressive and engaged. What you said is true but didn't apply this game.

ClipperRevival
05-03-2016, 11:21 PM
No excuse for Lowry, but their offense is easy to guard. All their shots are 1 and done with a hand in their face. They just chuck jump shots. Nobody is going to consistently shoot well like that. But this may be historically bad.

Their offense is so bad because their best player has decided he wants nothing to do with the ball and sits in the corner looking at DeRozan to do it himself.

ClipperRevival
05-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Except Wilt was actually good in the playoffs. Regardless of whether or not you think he was a choker, he at least was capable of producing in the playoffs. Lowry hasn't had a single good playoff game this year.

That said, he clearly was deserving of the all-star team, OP

He also had games where his body language was just terrible like Lowry.

nba_55
05-03-2016, 11:22 PM

you watched wilt play live?

ClipperRevival
05-03-2016, 11:23 PM
I disagree, the commentators even commented on how he was staying aggressive and engaged. What you said is true but didn't apply this game.

I don't need commentators. I have eyes. Dude wants nothing to do with the ball and doesn't try to make anything happen offensively like he did for most of the regular season. He isn't engaged. That's all mental.

RRR3
05-03-2016, 11:23 PM
He also had playoff runs where he put up 35 PPG. Don't compare him to Lowry.

NBAGOAT
05-03-2016, 11:25 PM
I don't need commentators. I have eyes. Dude wants nothing to do with the ball and doesn't try to make anything happen offensively like he did for most of the regular season. He isn't engaged. That's all mental.

And I watched the game and I disagree. Yes Lowry has bad reputation in important situations which is well deserved. Doesn't mean he's always that way.

ClipperRevival
05-03-2016, 11:26 PM
He also had playoff runs where he put up 35 PPG. Don't compare him to Lowry.

I hate players who don't play up to their potential when it matters most. Wilt did that on several different postseasons. So in that sense, Lowry reminds me of Wilt.

RRR3
05-03-2016, 11:26 PM
I hate players who don't play up to their potential when it matters most. Wilt did that on several different postseasons. So in that sense, Lowry reminds me of Wilt.
Wilt is one of the top 5 players ever. Stop hating on him it gets old

Nick Young
05-03-2016, 11:39 PM
The buzzerbeater was a false alarm. Lowry is who we thought he is.

ClipperRevival
05-03-2016, 11:42 PM
Wilt is one of the top 5 players ever. Stop hating on him it gets old

I suggest you do some research on the guy and not fall for individual stats without proper context posted by Laz.

RRR3
05-03-2016, 11:43 PM
I suggest you do some research on the guy and not fall for individual stats without proper context posted by Laz.
KBlaze speaks very highly of Wilt. As do the posters who actually watched him play. I'll take their opinion over yours.

tpols
05-03-2016, 11:54 PM

it definitely does.. hes healthy enough to be out there all game, looking alright, even if he has some nagging injuries, there should be some pride to not shoot 20% and score less than role players on your team when your supposed to be the leader. If you watched kemba last series you'd see a night and day difference in their motivation.

RRR3
05-03-2016, 11:56 PM
it definitely does.. hes healthy enough to be out there all game, looking alright, even if he has some nagging injuries, there should be some pride to not shoot 20% and score less than role players on your team when your supposed to be the leader. If you watched kemba last series you'd see a night and day difference in their motivation.
Yeah if he's so hurt he can't play even adequately, he should sit out.

Milbuck
05-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Yeah if he's so hurt he can't play even adequately, he should sit out.Come on now. You guys ripping on him for sucking while playing hurt would be the same guys ripping on him if he sat out despite being able to play in games. The guy is an all-star and the best player on his team, he'd get ripped apart if he sat out just because he can't play well. It's pretty reasonable to not be hurt bad enough to have to sit out entirely, but hurt enough to have it affect your game.

RRR3
05-04-2016, 12:18 AM
Come on now. You guys ripping on him for sucking while playing hurt would be the same guys ripping on him if he sat out despite being able to play in games. The guy is an all-star and the best player on his team, he'd get ripped apart if he sat out just because he can't play well. It's pretty reasonable to not be hurt bad enough to have to sit out entirely, but hurt enough to have it affect your game.
I wouldn't be ripping him if he sat out. I don't rip players for sitting out. At least not usually. I can't remember doing it

NBAGOAT
05-04-2016, 12:19 AM

Kemba's a perfect counterexample to your point. There's no question Kemba showed great heart vs Miami but he had a terrible shooting night in game 7. That had nothing to with him not being engaged. Pride is not going will in long jump shots and sometimes can be a negative since it could lead to even worse shot selection.

Nick Young
05-04-2016, 12:19 AM
Kyle Fraudry

tpols
05-04-2016, 12:42 AM
Kemba's a perfect counterexample to your point. There's no question Kemba showed great heart vs Miami but he had a terrible shooting night in game 7. That had nothing to with him not being engaged. Pride is not going will in long jump shots and sometimes can be a negative since it could lead to even worse shot selection.

he was worn out in game 7 from his previous efforts .. lowry will never have 37 point game like kemba did in game 6. Kyle's high in the playoffs is 21 smh

Kemba is not a counterargument because he was way better than lowry's been despite that one game. Hell kemba's game 7 would be a monster game for lowry right now lol

NBAGOAT
05-04-2016, 12:55 AM
he was worn out in game 7 from his previous efforts .. lowry will never have 37 point game like kemba did in game 6. Kyle's high in the playoffs is 21 smh

Kemba is not a counterargument because he was way better than lowry's been despite that one game. Hell kemba's game 7 would be a monster game for lowry right now lol

Yep you illustrate a general problem with this forum that doesn't really have to do with Lowry. Some guy plays bad a few years in the playoffs and suddenly everyone makes their mind about him. Even if the guy plays well later, unless it's an insane game(like say Kemba's 37) he'll get criticized for something he did wrong. And lol at the last part 3/16 would be shit for anyone.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 01:03 AM
13 ppg on 32% shooting last year and this Playoff run combined, 10.5 PER

how on earth does this dude put up 20/5/7 on 42/37/81 shooting with a ~20 PER those same years in the regular season?

tpols
05-04-2016, 01:19 AM
Yep you illustrate a general problem with this forum that doesn't really have to do with Lowry. Some guy plays bad a few years in the playoffs and suddenly everyone makes their mind about him. Even if the guy plays well later, unless it's an insane game(like say Kemba's 37) he'll get criticized for something he did wrong. And lol at the last part 3/16 would be shit for anyone.

lowry has played like ass in the playoffs his whole career.. nice try bud.

NBAGOAT
05-04-2016, 01:59 AM
lowry has played like ass in the playoffs his whole career.. nice try bud.

I specifically said it was a general problem that had nothing to do with lowry but ofc you missed that. Nice try bud.

Nick Young
05-04-2016, 02:01 AM
He is a defensive weak minded roleplayer being told by his coach and his fans that he's a top 5 PG in the league.

ClipperRevival
05-04-2016, 02:19 AM

Yup. Kemba exerted so much energy in game 6. It was shocking how much of a load he carried. He might've had a day rest but anytime you go THAT hard, it might take something out of you in the next game. Also, Kemba was the guy his teammates kept deferring to. The ball just kept coming back to him and he had to make things happen.

ClipperRevival
05-04-2016, 02:22 AM

When a guy plays so much below his normal averages and his body language is all wrong to boot, that only means it's all mental, which it is for Lowry. If he fixes his mental issues in the future, good for him. But as it stands, we have to call him out for pulling a Wilt and just disappearing when it matters most. That's on him to fix. The world knows he's a much better player than this.

Sakkreth
05-04-2016, 03:32 AM
Those 2 should learn from JV, he steps up in the playoffs while those two always shit the bed, or Lowry shits the bed and then DeRozan goes dumbass hero mode and shoots 30% for entire playoffs.

Dro
05-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Lowry like most players today benefit from the rules PERIOD. He can throw himself into people and flop for fouls during the regular season but that shit doesn't fly in the playoffs.

In the 90's, I'm not even sure if he's on the level of a Mookie Blaylock honestly.

red1
05-04-2016, 08:58 AM
He's just not the same. Isn't even taking some of the shots that he was making with ease in the regular season.

Makes me think that there is truth the lingering elbow bursitis issue from the the end of the regular season. Still love my boy lowry.

aarondk88
05-04-2016, 09:24 AM
kyle lowry was never anything special to begin with. his all-star selection was fluke and he's serviceable at best

livinglegend
05-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Lowry like most players today benefit from the rules PERIOD. He can throw himself into people and flop for fouls during the regular season but that shit doesn't fly in the playoffs.

In the 90's, I'm not even sure if he's on the level of a Mookie Blaylock honestly.
shut up. Nobody cares about the 90's.

imdaman99
05-04-2016, 02:26 PM
I understand him getting outplayed by Wall last year in the playoffs, it happens. But this year, he was thoroughly outplayed by Hill in the 1st round, and Dragic in game 1. He needs to get his act together.

avonbarksdale
05-04-2016, 02:30 PM
he is so much worse than derozan its retarded

Dro
05-04-2016, 02:31 PM
shut up. Nobody cares about the 90's.
Does the truth hurt?

Euroleague
05-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Lowry is the lowest IQ point guard I have ever seen play out of any point guards in the NBA, FIBA national team tournaments, or European club basketball. I've never gotten why so many people think he's a good player.

Legends66NBA7
05-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Those 2 should learn from JV, he steps up in the playoffs while those two always shit the bed

They have nothing to learn from a role playing big who benefits of playing with them. I don't understand how supposed Raptor fans make these statements of arrogance unless it's part of an agenda.

Lowry and DeRozan haven't always shit the bed and JV doesn't always step up in the playoffs. I've watched all 19 games they've been a apart of, so I'm not just throwing baseless statements of their terrible games.

When JV becomes the focal point and steps it up throughtout the course of a season as the focal point and not a role player, then we can talk about how great he is. Right now, I'd rather the team play as a unit and try to get out of another deficit. That takes everyone stepping up and not just rooting for one player or select players.

L.Kizzle
05-04-2016, 11:17 PM
He's just not the same. Isn't even taking some of the shots that he was making with ease in the regular season.

Makes me think that there is truth the lingering elbow bursitis issue from the the end of the regular season. Still love my boy lowry.
But what about last seasons playoffs?

Goofsta Knicca
05-04-2016, 11:24 PM
The buzzerbeater was a false alarm. Lowry is who we thought he is.

N we LET HIM off da hook!

http://i.azcentral.com/i/6/6/0/L169_CIFR950fb53cc07562d16959d219486ef066.jpg