PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: DeRozan "Wants to be in LA" Next Season

sammichoffate
05-04-2016, 01:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDDPjRvlWAs
Please don't do this Mitch :facepalm

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 01:22 AM
Laker fans don't want him....not for 1st option money...

He's an overachieving role player like Kyle Lowry... Rudy Gay better than him.

BlazerRed
05-04-2016, 01:23 AM
Why would anyone want him?

Braincells
05-04-2016, 01:26 AM
toronto probably wants to develop powell, who i think will be a good replacement

Nick Young
05-04-2016, 01:27 AM
The LA Clippers is the perfect team for this loser. Get it done, Rivers.

DaSeba5
05-04-2016, 01:27 AM
To think he's going to get the max lol.

PickernRoller
05-04-2016, 01:35 AM
Nope.

oh the horror
05-04-2016, 01:38 AM
The Lakers overpay for this dude and I'm done.

imdaman99
05-04-2016, 01:45 AM
Even knowing how terrible the Knicks backcourt is, I wouldn't want them giving this guy the max. Nope.

Genaro
05-04-2016, 02:36 AM
Please don't.

ClipperRevival
05-04-2016, 02:44 AM
He's a guy who was looked upon as a semi-bust early in his career but he's slowly improved his game. He's still only 26. If he comes home, it might loosen him up more and play more freely. Honestly, I wouldn't be that against signing him as crazy as that sounds. Lowry has literally disappeared this playoffs and Derozan has had to carry too much of a burden.

If he continues to improve, he could easily be a 25 ppg scorer on good efficiency. He just needs to further polish his game. But the guy is a freak athlete.

Nick Young
05-04-2016, 02:46 AM
He's a guy who was looked upon as a semi-bust early in his career but he's slowly improved his game. He's still only 26. If he comes home, it might loosen him up more and play more freely. Honestly, I wouldn't be that against signing him as crazy as that sounds. Lowry has literally disappeared this playoffs and Derozan has had to carry too much of a burden.

If he continues to improve, he could easily be a 25 ppg scorer on good efficiency. He just needs to further polish his game. But the guy is a freak athlete.
The guy is basically Richard Hamilton with a bad mid range shot and worse defense.

G-train
05-04-2016, 02:47 AM
He will get max deal from Toronto

Goofsta Knicca
05-04-2016, 03:03 AM
Pop dat zit on yo jaw.

Sakkreth
05-04-2016, 03:05 AM
Please take him!

LukeWalton
05-04-2016, 03:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDDPjRvlWAs
Please don't do this Mitch :facepalm

I'd welcome him, he'd start over D'Angelo any day

Spurs m8
05-04-2016, 05:14 AM
The LA Clippers is the perfect team for this loser. Get it done, Rivers.

Please tell me more about this theory?

Honestly...isn't a SF the Clippers first priority?
Especially if somehow being in position to spend that much on another player?

jayfan
05-04-2016, 07:53 AM
The guy is basically Richard Hamilton with a bad mid range shot and worse defense.
:wtf:

If he has a bad mid-range game, then he's nothing like Richard Hamilton.

MMM
05-04-2016, 08:42 AM

how is that basically Rip??

Do you see DD coming off screens and playing off the ball like Rip. DD being a LA kid is someone who tries to emulate Kobe but sucks at it completely

Steven Kerry
05-04-2016, 08:47 AM
He'll demand good money to leave a winning team.

coin24
05-04-2016, 08:56 AM
The Lakers overpay for this dude and I'm done.

This.

Please no:facepalm

ClipperRevival
05-04-2016, 03:41 PM
I don't see why people are SO against signing him. The fact that his running mate Lowry is hiding in the corner just being a role player in these playoffs greatly affects DeRozan's efficiency and impact. He has to try to do more than he's capable of.

But the guy is still only 26 going on 27. The Lakers would have his prime years. If he just tweeks his game a tad here and there, he can EASILY be a 25 ppg scorer within the flow of the game. He has steadily improved over the years which means he has been working on his game. You can't teach his athleticism. His ceiling is VERY high if he maxes out.

I know right now, he doesn't look as enticing but I think playing at home would put him more at ease and he'll play more freely, which is always a plus. I can see Luke motivating him properly. I wouldn't be too upset if we sign him considering how often we struck out the last few years.

This is the same FO that offered old ass Dirk the max along with Melo. Sign guys in their prime.

n00bie
05-04-2016, 03:55 PM
YESSSS.. PLEASE TAKE HIM!!! :cheers:

Goldrush25
05-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately for the Lakers, I think Kupchak and Buss are fixated on getting their hands on a star player.

When they fail on getting someone like Durant they'll keep trying until they get the best player they can, rather than following an actual plan to build a complete team like GSW did. If you don't get exactly the player that fits your plan, just bide your time until the right player is there. If GSW are the template, then someone like Derozan doesn't fit.

But they won't do that, they'll get anyone they think will make a headline. Kupchak/Buss aren't thinking long term, they're trying to save their jobs and need what they perceive to be a quick fix. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Derozan as a Laker.

dazzer87
05-04-2016, 04:20 PM
I think it would be a great fit.......Get it done Mitch!

Bosnian Sajo
05-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Don't you ****ing do it, Jim. Dude is panicking because this is his last chance at making the playoffs before Phil and Jeanie take over.

Nick Young
05-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Please tell me more about this theory?

Honestly...isn't a SF the Clippers first priority?
Especially if somehow being in position to spend that much on another player?
If he wants to be in LA, The Clippers are the only team suitable for his needs. He is far from worthy of wearing the purple and gold.

Nick Young
05-04-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't see why people are SO against signing him. The fact that his running mate Lowry is hiding in the corner just being a role player in these playoffs greatly affects DeRozan's efficiency and impact. He has to try to do more than he's capable of.

But the guy is still only 26 going on 27. The Lakers would have his prime years. If he just tweeks his game a tad here and there, he can EASILY be a 25 ppg scorer within the flow of the game. He has steadily improved over the years which means he has been working on his game. You can't teach his athleticism. His ceiling is VERY high if he maxes out.

I know right now, he doesn't look as enticing but I think playing at home would put him more at ease and he'll play more freely, which is always a plus. I can see Luke motivating him properly. I wouldn't be too upset if we sign him considering how often we struck out the last few years.

This is the same FO that offered old ass Dirk the max along with Melo. Sign guys in their prime.
I'm against it because AT HIS VERY BEST Derozan is a player who is barely a 3rd option on a good team, and he's going to be demanding the max, and in this retarded age of dudes like Tristan Thomas getting max contracts, dumbass Jim Buss will probably give one to Derozan too.

George-Durant-Whiteside

Those are the only 3 players we should offer a max contract to.

dd24
05-04-2016, 05:00 PM
I'm against it because AT HIS VERY BEST Derozan is a player who is barely a 3rd option on a good team, and he's going to be demanding the max, and in this retarded age of dudes like Tristan Thomas getting max contracts, dumbass Jim Buss will probably give one to Derozan too.

George-Durant-Whiteside

Those are the only 3 players we should offer a max contract to.
And Lebron if he opts out :lol

Milbuck
05-04-2016, 05:10 PM

This is the same FO that offered old ass Dirk the max along with Melo. Sign guys in their prime.People are against signing him because he's a bad defending, mediocre BBIQ iso chucker without 3PT range who could be earning massive money. His struggles have little to do with Lowry and everything to do with him just being a severely flawed player whose game is designed to get exposed in the postseason. Dude sucked in the 1st round because Paul George shut his ass down.

I mean when you consistently put up numbers in the regular season and underperform or straight up suck balls in the playoffs, it says something.

Boogey
05-04-2016, 05:16 PM
realistically he could be our iggy

come off the bench and provide in different ways

Relinquish
05-04-2016, 05:18 PM

:biggums:

Since when is averaging 17 a game on 47% in your second year in the league "semi-bust" material?

Kiddlovesnets
05-04-2016, 05:26 PM
30m per year contract for DeRozan in LA, make it happen Mitch. Lakers fans all want it, wont you fulfill their wishes.
:bowdown:

Lamar Odumbb
05-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Didnt Jerry West trade a guy named Eddie Jones who always choked in the playoffs and now the Lakers want to sign the new Eddie Jones clone.

ClipperRevival
05-05-2016, 08:57 AM
:biggums:

Since when is averaging 17 a game on 47% in your second year in the league "semi-bust" material?

The way he was getting his points. It wasn't efficient (14.1 FGA and 14.5 PER) and he seemed flawed and unpolished. He's come a long way from those early years.

ClipperRevival
05-05-2016, 09:03 AM
I'll be honest, I haven't watched too much of DeRozan. If I had been watching every playoff game of his, I might think differently. But there is no denying his ceiling. It's pretty high if he maxes out on his potential. He is an athletic freak. Maybe I'm biased because he's from LA and I think him coming home would make him play a bit more freely. He definitely needs to tweek his game some (improve shooting, ball handling, mid-range game, awareness, etc) but the talent is there.