PDA

View Full Version : Wade Has Spoken

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Wade on LeBron's Eastern Conference finals dream: "Ask me about that once we have 4 wins in this series."

Wade knows better than to bank on something that hasnt even happened yet. hes not sure if a teammate might go 2011 finals on him all over again. professional and leader on the court and in social media:rockon:

https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/727936645794795521

Draz
05-04-2016, 06:05 PM
The general has spoken

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 06:07 PM
It's his first time out of the first round since Shaq/Lebron, he isn't going to play with his luck and give the other team extra motivation.

Klay 3D
05-04-2016, 06:08 PM
The Big D :applause:

navy
05-04-2016, 06:12 PM
It's his first time out of the first round without Shaq/Lebron, he isn't going to play with his luck and give the other team extra motivation.
Who was Wade's 2nd option in those years?

GrapeApe
05-04-2016, 06:14 PM
It's his first time out of the first round without Shaq/Lebron,he isn't going to play with his luck and give the other team extra motivation.

This is false, but I agree that he's smart enough to say the right things. He won't take the media's bait.

jrong
05-04-2016, 06:25 PM
It's his first time out of the first round without Shaq/Lebron, he isn't going to play with his luck and give the other team extra motivation.

If that's the case, the Indiana Pacers should formally challenge the results of the 2004 season. Because that rookie who wore them down in the semifinals ahead of their ECFs against the eventual champion Pistons shouldn't have been on the court, from what you say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-Z11Orr-c

This is clearly illegal. Right there in the second round, that's Wade and the Heat, in a Game 6 no less. What are they doing there? What does Wade think he's doing pushing the NBA's #1 seed to the brink of Game 7? There's no Shaq there. There's no LeBron. The Pacers must have been playing the wrong team.

If I were the Pacers, I'd file a complaint with the league office.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 06:32 PM
If that's the case, the Indiana Pacers should formally challenge the results of the 2004 season. Because that rookie who wore them down in the semifinals ahead of their ECFs against the eventual champion Pistons shouldn't have been on the court, from what you say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD-Z11Orr-c

This is clearly illegal. Right there in the second round, that's Wade and the Heat, in a Game 6 no less. What are they doing there? What does Wade think he's doing pushing the NBA's #1 seed to the brink of Game 7? There's no Shaq there. There's no LeBron. The Pacers must have been playing the wrong team.

If I were the Pacers, I'd file a complaint with the league office.

what kind of blasphemy is this...

oh right, this is when Lamar Odom and Eddie Jones led the Heat to the WCSF...forgot rookie Wade was on that roster. It's the first time he's led a team this deep into the Playoffs as the leader of the team...sue me.

Hey Yo
05-04-2016, 06:38 PM
Wade on LeBron's Eastern Conference finals dream: "Ask me about that once we have 4 wins in this series."

Wade knows better than to bank on something that hasnt even happened yet. hes not sure if a teammate might go 2011 finals on him all over again. professional and leader on the court and in social media:rockon:

https://twitter.com/JasonLieser/status/727936645794795521
Isn't that when Wade was mocking Dirk for being sick?

Not to professional if ya ask me.

derb2k2
05-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Big D*ck Wade has spoken :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 06:44 PM

oh right, this is when Lamar Odom and Eddie Jones led the Heat to the WCSF...forgot rookie Wade was on that roster. It's the first time he's led a team this deep into the Playoffs as the leader of the team...sue me.

:oldlol:

GrapeApe
05-04-2016, 06:46 PM

Rookie Wade led the Heat in scoring and assists in the playoffs.

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 06:48 PM
Isn't that when Wade was mocking Dirk for being sick?

Not to professional if ya ask me.

you're right. that was when Wade and Lebron was mocking Dirk for being sick.

so what you're saying is a player cant change? :confusedshrug:

question. do you think Lebron is as big of a choker now as he was in the 2011 finals?

Smoke117
05-04-2016, 06:50 PM

...yeah, that's why Wade averaged the most shots, points, and assists in the playoffs that season...because Eddie and Lamar led the team to the ECSF that season...Kobe stans. :facepalm

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Rookie Wade led the Heat in scoring and assists in the playoffs.

Good for him, he started 56 out of 61 games in the RS and wasn't the reason they got past the 1st round that year...had the worst ORTG/DRTG among starters in the series and shot 5-18 in Game 7, 1-4 in the 4th.

Nilocon165
05-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Good for him, he started 56 out of 61 games in the RS and wasn't the reason they got past the 1st round that year...had the worst ORTG/DRTG among starters in the series and shot 5-18 in Game 7, 1-4 in the 4th.
Shut the **** :roll: Kobe fans talking about field goal percentage, I'm dying over here:roll:

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 06:55 PM
...yeah, that's why Wade averaged the most shots, points, and assists in the playoffs that season...because Eddie and Lamar led the team to the ECF that season...Kobe stans. :facepalm

i dont understand why some of these guys get so riled up because someone is saying a couple of good things about Wade:oldlol:

they act as if he's undeserving of props

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 07:00 PM

He hit the Game-Winner in Game 1 and the go ahead 3 with 1 minute left in Game 5. Had a double-double in Game 4, 27/7/6 with 9th 4th quarter points in Game 6.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 07:01 PM
...yeah, that's why Wade averaged the most shots, points, and assists in the playoffs that season...because Eddie and Lamar led the team to the ECF that season...Kobe stans. :facepalm

ECSF

just look at the numbers against the Hornets

Odom 16/8/4
Eddie Jones 15/4/2
Caron Butler 14/9/2/3
Wade 15/4/6

6th on the team in WS/48, 4th in BPM...

This is the first year he's led his team past the first round...Lamar Odom was clearly the best player on the Heat team in 2004 as he played 20 more games and led the team in scoring, rebounding, blocks and overall efficiency..

Wade was 2nd in ppg and tied with Rafer alston for apg during the regular season..

GrapeApe
05-04-2016, 07:02 PM

Wade was the Heat's second leading scorer in that series, led the team in assists by a wide margin, and hit 2 game-winners. The fact that he was their go-to player in crunch time tells you all you need to know about where he stood in the pecking order. In the second round he averaged 21/6/4 on 49% against the DPOY.

Also, why did Riley unload Odom and basically say Wade was untouchable? There's less than a 2 year age difference so it's not like that was much of a factor. By season's end it had become clear to anyone with eyes that Wade was the Heat's best player.

Hey Yo
05-04-2016, 07:05 PM
you're right. that was when Wade and Lebron was mocking Dirk for being sick.

so what you're saying is a player cant change? :confusedshrug:

ex. do you think Lebron is as big of a choker now as he was in the 2011 finals?
Comparing ones personality to player performance?

LeBron led the team twice in scoring, had a triple double, led in assists, barely missed on leading rebounds, tied for steals and led the entire 2011 postseason in win shares.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2011-nba-finals-mavericks-vs-heat.html

yeah....he choked alright :rolleyes:

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 07:07 PM
ECSF

Odom 16/8/4
Eddie Jones 15/4/2
Caron Butler 14/9/2/3
Wade 15/4/6

This is the first year he's led his team past the first round...Lamar Odom was clearly the best player on the Heat team in 2004 as he played 20 more games and led the team in scoring, rebounding, blocks and overall efficiency..

Wade was 2nd in ppg and tied with Rafer alston for apg during the regular season..

He had essentially 2 Game-Winners, a double-double, and another great Game. He averaged 1 less point than Odom, more assists, and played overall better in the 4th Quarters.

He didn't lead the Heat pat the 1st round in 2005, 2006, 2011? A Kobe stan bringing up advanced stats :oldlol:

Smoke117
05-04-2016, 07:11 PM
ECSF

Odom 16/8/4
Eddie Jones 15/4/2
Caron Butler 14/9/2/3
Wade 15/4/6

Odom was clearly the best player on that heat team? Yeah thats why he was taking all the big shots in that first round series and why he was outplayed by Wade in the 2nd round putting up 21/6/4 on .562% to his 17.5/9/2 on .511%ts. You didn't even remember Wade was on that team so wtf would you know anyway? Kobe stans have no shame.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Wade was the Heat's second leading scorer in that series, led the team in assists by a wide margin, and hit 2 game-winners. The fact that he was their go-to player in crunch time tells you all you need to know about where he stood in the pecking order. In the second round he averaged 21/6/4 on 49% against the DPOY.

The argument was who led that team and put them in the position to make the 2nd round in the first place, this has nothing to do with him breaking out against the Pacers.

Regular season he missed a quarter of it and didn't lead the team in scoring, assists, efficiency etc... Against the Hornets he didn't lead the team in scoring/efficiency, he had the worst offensive and defensive rating among all starters and stunk it up in Game 7..

But apparently that constitutes as leading a team to the second round, not leading the team in anything in the regular season while missing 1/4th of it...and it's not like the 2004 Hornets are anything to brag about either.

GrapeApe
05-04-2016, 07:16 PM

LeBron led the team twice in scoring, had a triple double, led in assists, barely missed on leading rebounds, tied for steals and led the entire 2011 postseason in win shares.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2011-nba-finals-mavericks-vs-heat.html

Lebron DID choke in the finals and Lebron himself would probably be the first to admit it. I'm not sure why you'd even argue otherwise since it's generally accepted as a fact.

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 07:17 PM

i'm comparing aspects of oneself that people can change over a giving period of time. And personality? that would actually be an example of a level of professionalism and Wade has displayed that his has risen higher since his time on the Big 3 Heat.

and Lebron did pretty great in the postseason. but im sure you can see that the context of my post was the 2011 finals in which Lebron choked his ass off. Learn to stick to the point before you use emotes in the future

aj1987
05-04-2016, 07:19 PM

Are you ****ing retarded? Wade was the best player on the team and he was the one who his two game winners in the series to take the Heat to the 2nd round.

Also, he was the best player on the Heat in '05 and '06 and well. If you actually think otherwise, the same could be applied for Chokebe. Dude never went past the first round without Pau/Shaq. Never led his team past the first round as the leader.

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Lebron DID choke in the finals and Lebron himself would probably be the first to admit it. I'm not sure why you'd even argue otherwise since it's generally accepted as a fact.

the dude got butthurt because he feels i said something negative about Lebron

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 07:23 PM
He had essentially 2 Game-Winners, a double-double, and another great Game. He averaged 1 less point than Odom, more assists, and played overall better in the 4th Quarters.

He didn't lead the Heat pat the 1st round in 2005, 2006, 2011? A Kobe stan bringing up advanced stats :oldlol:

You bring up game-winners and one double-double but ignore him going 5-18 with 1-4 in the 4th for a total of 12 pts vs Odom going 3-4 in the 4th and having 16/9/3/4 steals, or Butler having 23/9/2 on 10-18 shooting

The game he had the amazing double-double...Miami lost and he had 11 pts on 4-12 shooting while Odom had 25/8/6 on 9-17 shooting

aj1987
05-04-2016, 07:25 PM
You bring up game-winners and one double-double but ignore him going 5-18 with 1-4 in the 4th for a total of 12 pts vs Odom going 3-4 in the 4th and having 16/9/3/4 steals, or Butler having 23/9/2 on 10-18 shooting

The game he had the amazing double-double...Miami lost and he had 11 pts on 4-12 shooting while Odom had 25/8/6 on 9-17 shooting
Is that what you Chokebe turds harp about? You can play like shit the entire game and go 1-30 and it doesn't matter if you can actually win the game? :oldlol:

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Are you ****ing retarded? Wade was the best player on the team and he was the one who his two game winners in the series to take the Heat to the 2nd round.

Also, he was the best player on the Heat in '05 and '06 and well. If you actually think otherwise, the same could be applied for Chokebe. Dude never went past the first round without Pau/Shaq. Never led his team past the first round as the leader.

People still argue that Shaq deserved MVP in 2005...2006 there's no argument but that doesn't matter here... 2007 they got swept as the defending champs by Luol Deng-led Chicago Bulls in the first round, Deng completely destroyed Wade on both ends :oldlol:

My original post was that 2016 is the first time Wade has led a team past the first round without Shaq or Lebron...which is a fact... arguing that he was the leader in his ROOKIE season while missing a quarter of the season and starting in 56 games while not leading a team in a single category (whether it's averages OR efficiency) is laughable.. he broke out in the 2nd round but wasn't the main reason his team got there.

It's laughable that you put Pau on the same level as a Shaq/Lebron. Shaq joined Miami as a 3-time champion as the best big man in the league, Pau was irrelevant in Memphis, going 0-16 in the Playoffs as the leader of those teams that actually had decent players... Kobe led his teams to 3 straight Finals appearances and won an MVP (which Wade never did) and b2b FMVPs (which Wade also never did).

Hey Yo
05-04-2016, 07:35 PM
There's a difference between under-performing in one aspect of the game and choking.

True that LeBron's scoring was down, missed some shots, but 18, 7 and 7 plus leading the entire postseason in win shares, is hardly choking.

btw......nice bench, starting PG and C Riley (the god father) was able to get. It was practically 3 on 5 at times.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Is that what you Chokebe turds harp about? You can play like shit the entire game and go 1-30 and it doesn't matter if you can actually win the game? :oldlol:

I wasn't the one using the game-winners as an argument..:rolleyes:

Just take the L and move on.

SouBeachTalents
05-04-2016, 07:38 PM
There's a difference between under-performing in one aspect of the game and choking.

True that LeBron's scoring was down, missed some shots, but 18, 7 and 7 plus leading the entire postseason in win shares, is hardly choking.

btw......nice bench, starting PG and C Riley (the god father) was able to get. It was practically 3 on 5 at times.

He choked not just because his scoring fell off a cliff, but also because he was a ghost in the 4th quarter, scoring six points COMBINED in the 4th quarter in games 2-5

Hey Yo
05-04-2016, 07:41 PM
i'm comparing aspects of oneself that people can change over a giving period of time. And personality? that would actually be an example of a level of professionalism and Wade has displayed that his has risen higher since his time on the Big 3 Heat.

and Lebron did pretty great in the postseason. but im sure you can see that the context of my post was the 2011 finals in which Lebron choked his ass off. Learn to stick to the point before you use emotes in the future
I did stick to the point. I pointed out Wade's un-professionalism off the court, while you brought LeBron's performance on the court.

It's a bad comparison by you because they're the complete opposite.

GrapeApe
05-04-2016, 07:46 PM

When you are considered a top 3 player in the game and you have a playoff series where you shoot under 30% in 4th quarters, it is choking. His overall numbers, though sub-par for his standards, has never been the issue.

Hey Yo
05-04-2016, 07:47 PM
He choked not just because his scoring fell off a cliff, but also because he was a ghost in the 4th quarter, scoring six points COMBINED in the 4th quarter in games 2-5
Yes.....his scoring fell off.

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 07:54 PM
I did stick to the point. I pointed Wade's un-professionalism off the court, while you brought LeBron's performance on the court.

It's a bad comparison because they're the complete opposite.

Professionalism not Personality. now you get it :applause:

.i used Lebrons performance in the 2011 finals as in example to show that people are capable of changing. since you were harping on Wade(Lebron did too) making fun of Dirk in 2011 as an example of him being unprofessional. but now he's more professional. as this thread highlights. and Lebron doesnt choke nearly as hard as he did in 2011 finals. as his 2015 finals against Golden State highlights. people change from the past to the present. that was the subtext in my example that connects the two points. genius

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Yes.....his scoring fell off.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2icbfnm.jpg

his scoring did fall off. i wonder what we call that on this website?

Hey Yo
05-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Professionalism not Personality. now you get it :applause:

.i used Lebrons performance in the 2011 finals as in example to show that people are capable of changing. since you were harping on Wade(Lebron did too) making fun of Dirk in 2011 as an example of him being unprofessional. but now he's more professional. as this thread highlights. and Lebron doesnt choke nearly as hard as he did in 2011 finals. as his 2015 finals against Golden State highlights. people change from the past to the present. that was the subtext in my example that connects the two points. genius
No need to get butthurt cause I brought up something negative about Wade you didn't like.

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 08:03 PM
No need to get butthurt cause I brought up something negative about Wade you didn't like.

so me explaining why youre wrong is butthurt now? :confusedshrug:

continue living in that fantasy world of yours

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 08:06 PM

This is nothing new

just read this concerning the 2015 Finals

[QUOTE]In Game 4, it was the Cavaliers

Hey Yo
05-04-2016, 08:07 PM

His "4th quarter scoring" was a choke job.

Big difference than just saying ......."he choked in 2011"

SouBeachTalents
05-04-2016, 08:09 PM
This is nothing new

just read this concerning the 2015 Finals

Lebron ball doesn't work too well in the clutch :pimp:

Neither does Kobe ball

https://swishnba.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/photo.jpg

Crimsonrain777
05-04-2016, 08:11 PM
His "4th quarter scoring" was a choke job.

Big difference than just saying ......."he choked in 2011"

he choked in the 4th quarter of the 2011 finals which led to the Heat losing the 2011 finals.

i'm glad we can agree on this:cheers:

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Neither does Kobe ball

So Kobe made more clutch shots in the two finals combined than Pau? Why am I not surprised...

Pau's attempts came from direct passes from Kobe and 2nd chances... huge difference.

Akhenaten
05-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Neither does Kobe ball

#rekt

Dresta
05-04-2016, 08:23 PM
People still argue that Shaq deserved MVP in 2005...2006 there's no argument but that doesn't matter here... 2007 they got swept as the defending champs by Luol Deng-led Chicago Bulls in the first round, Deng completely destroyed Wade on both ends :oldlol:

My original post was that 2016 is the first time Wade has led a team past the first round without Shaq or Lebron...which is a fact... arguing that he was the leader in his ROOKIE season while missing a quarter of the season and starting in 56 games while not leading a team in a single category (whether it's averages OR efficiency) is laughable.. he broke out in the 2nd round but wasn't the main reason his team got there.

It's laughable that you put Pau on the same level as a Shaq/Lebron. Shaq joined Miami as a 3-time champion as the best big man in the league, Pau was irrelevant in Memphis, going 0-16 in the Playoffs as the leader of those teams that actually had decent players... Kobe led his teams to 3 straight Finals appearances and won an MVP (which Wade never did) and b2b FMVPs (which Wade also never did).
Complete nonsense. Wade was the leader of that team; he led them in points and assists in the playoffs, as well as in FG% and TS% and PER, and was designated closer from game 1 of the playoffs, when he hit a game winner over Baron Davis. This might be hard for you to believe as your hero was air balling threes as a rookie, but yeah, Wade was a far better rookie than Kobe was, and led Miami to the a game 6 against Indiana. Those are facts; the stuff you're splurging in this thread is just poorly worded, pedantic drivel.

And yeah, Pau in 10 >>>> Shaq in 06. Here you are talking about winshares, when Kobe didn't lead the Lakers in winshares in the 2010 playoffs (and only barely did in 09 playoffs, not in 09 regular season): Pau did--so was Kobe not the leader of that Laker team also?

And seriously, to bring up the 07 playoffs, when Wade was rushed back from a serious injury, shows what a complete and utter moron you are.

edit: in fact, you are showing that you clearly weren't watching basketball back in 04, and likely not in 07 either. Just another child with a man-crush on Kobe Bryant, and so incapable of giving other SGs their due props.

Uncle Drew
05-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Cavs in 4.

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 08:26 PM

He played like shit in Game 3 and was average in Game 7. You could cherry pick games easily like that. In Game 6 he had 27/7/6 shooting 59% with 9pts & 3asts in the 4th Quarter while Odom had 9pts on 3-12 shooting. I didn't ignore it but with his clutch play that series may have been over faster or if Odom showed up in Game 6 the Heat would've won in 6.

Dresta
05-04-2016, 08:32 PM

CAron Butlet shot 38% in the playoffs that year. Stop being such an ignorant chode.

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 08:40 PM

You could argue he deserved MVP in 2005, how does that mean he lead them past the 1st round if he didn't play like Miami's best player? Wade dropped 26/6/9 on 50% shooting while Shaq had 18/9/3 on 47% shooting but Shaq lead them. :oldlol:

In '07 Wade was hurt and rushed coming back to attempt to make a run. Deng wasn't guarding Wade for most of that series, it was mostly Hinrich

'06 Shaq: 18/10/2/.5/1.5 shooting 61%

'09 Gasol: 18/11/3/.8/2 shooting 58%
'09 Odom: 12/9/2/.7/1.3 shooting 52%

'10 Gasol: 20/11/4/.4/2.1 shooting 54%
'10 Odom: 10/9/2/.7/.9 shooting 47%

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Complete nonsense. Wade was the leader of that team; he led them in points and assists in the playoffs, as well as in FG% and TS% and PER, and was designated closer from game 1 of the playoffs, when he hit a game winner over Baron Davis. This might be hard for you to believe as your hero was air balling threes as a rookie, but yeah, Wade was a far better rookie than Kobe was, and led Miami to the a game 6 against Indiana. Those are facts; the stuff you're splurging in this thread is just poorly worded, pedantic drivel.

And yeah, Pau in 10 >>>> Shaq in 06. Here you are talking about winshares, when Kobe didn't lead the Lakers in winshares in the 2010 playoffs (and only barely did in 09 playoffs, not in 09 regular season): Pau did--so was Kobe not the leader of that Laker team also?

And seriously, to bring up the 07 playoffs, when Wade was rushed back from a serious injury, shows what a complete and utter moron you are.

edit: in fact, you are showing that you clearly weren't watching basketball back in 04, and likely not in 07 either. Just another child with a man-crush on Kobe Bryant, and so incapable of giving other SGs their due props.

:biggums:

How old was Wade compared to Kobe as a rookie

Again bringing up the 2nd round, has nothing to do with his team getting there

using game-winner in a Game 1 as an argument when he didn't lead the team in points or efficiency in that series...worst ORTG and DRTG among starters...

You're a true Kobe hater, I give you props on that.

Wade was 22 his rookie season

Kobe same age led the 2001 Lakers in winshares and had the best on/off court numbers by a mile compared to a PRIME Shaq in the Playoffs en route to the most dominant Playoff run in league history.

Kobe age 22 Playoffs - 29/7/6/2 - championship
Wade age 22 Playoffs - 18/4/6/1 - 2nd round exit

Wade has nothing on Kobe. Sit the fukk down, boy.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 08:50 PM
CAron Butlet shot 38% in the playoffs that year. Stop being such an ignorant chode.

Caron Butler had a better series against the Hornets than Wade (led the team in rebounds, steals, DRTG, 11 points less than the leading scorer Odom), has nothing to do with what he did in the 2nd round.

Throwing random insults at me isn't going to make your arguments more convicing.

You could argue he deserved MVP in 2005, how does that mean he lead them past the 1st round if he didn't play like Miami's best player? Wade dropped 26/6/9 on 50% shooting while Shaq had 18/9/3 on 47% shooting but Shaq lead them. :oldlol:

In '07 Wade was hurt and rushed coming back to attempt to make a run. Deng wasn't guarding Wade for most of that series, it was mostly Hinrich

'06 Shaq: 18/10/2/.5/1.5 shooting 61%

'09 Gasol: 18/11/3/.8/2 shooting 58%
'09 Odom: 12/9/2/.7/1.3 shooting 52%

'10 Gasol: 20/11/4/.4/2.1 shooting 54%
'10 Odom: 10/9/2/.7/.9 shooting 47%

Makes it even worse then if he struggled against Kirk Hinrich :oldlol:

What does Odom have to do with anything? his numbers aren't worth bringing up in the Shaq/Gasol argument.

Shaq was a winner prior to joining Miami and obviously was the leader of the team when he was traded there and put up MVP numbers in 05, leading the team in efficiency...Pau didn't become a champion/winner until he was traded to LA...different scenario.

06 you add Zo and GP to the roster...Miami had HOF presence while Wade was a young player still trying to make a name for himself in the league...he was the best player in 06 but wasn't the locker room leader until he won the FMVP and established himself...

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Makes it even worse then if he struggled against Kirk Hinrich :oldlol:

So you're just ignoring the fact that was he hurt :oldlol:

What does Odom have to do with anything? his numbers aren't worth bringing up in the Shaq/Gasol argument.

I just copied and pasted the numbers from an old post and I didn't remove Odom's numbers.

Shaq was a winner prior to joining Miami and obviously was the leader of the team when he was traded there and put up MVP numbers in 05, leading the team in efficiency...Pau didn't become a champion/winner until he was traded to LA...different scenario.

Did he lead them past the 1st round or did he play better than Wade? His numbers weren't really MVP numbers, Wade dropped 24/5/7 and was 8th in MVP voting while Shaq had 23/10/3 and finished 2nd. Regardless of already having won, Shaq didn't play better than Gasol.

Lebron hadn't won before he came to Miami so why bring him up?

06 you add Zo and GP to the roster...Miami had HOF presence while Wade was a young player still trying to make a name for himself in the league...he was the best player in 06 but wasn't :eek: the locker room leader until he won the FMVP and established himself...

So he was the best player leading them on the court but because he wasn't the locker room leader it shouldn't count :oldlol:

Your logic would be wrong because Wade was more of the vocal leader when Bron was there but I'm sure you'll flip-flop :oldlol:

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 09:39 PM
So you're just ignoring the fact that was he hurt :oldlol:

I just copied and pasted the numbers from an old post and I didn't remove Odom's numbers.

Did he lead them past the 1st round or did he play better than Wade? His numbers weren't really MVP numbers, Wade dropped 24/5/7 and was 8th in MVP voting while Shaq had 23/10/3 and finished 2nd. Regardless of already having won, Shaq didn't play better than Gasol.

Lebron hadn't won before he came to Miami so why bring him up?

So he was the best player leading them on the court but because he wasn't the locker room leader it shouldn't count :oldlol:

Your logic would be wrong because Wade was more of the vocal leader when Bron was there but I'm sure you'll flip-flop :oldlol:

Point is that this is the first year Wade has led a team past the first round without Shaq/Lebron on his roster. Some douche had to be a smart-ass and point out his rookie year but it's obvious he wasn't the clear-cut best player and leader yet and then it kinda spiraled out of control. :oldlol:

Dresta
05-04-2016, 09:40 PM
I'mKobe, you didn't watch those Heat teams, so seriously, stop talking out of your ass. A rookie is a rookie; why're you bringing up irrelevant things like age now? That was never the discussion. Just admit Kobe was a shit rookie, and that Wade was far better than him in their respective first, second and third seasons in the NBA (when Wade led his team to the 2nd round, conference finals, and championship--with all time great finals performance to boot--respectively).

How's that compare to going 6/24 in game 7 of the finals (against a team Wade destroyed, two seasons in a row) and getting outplayed by Pau Gasol in just about every advanced metric there is? Again, I didn't bring these metrics up: you did. But you only apply them when it's convenient for your own dim-witted arguments (if one can even call them that).

You one stupid motherf*cker.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 09:44 PM
I'mKobe, you didn't watch those Heat teams, so seriously, stop talking out of your ass. A rookie is a rookie; why're you bringing up irrelevant things like age now? That was never the discussion. Just admit Kobe was a shit rookie, and that Wade was far better than him in their respective first, second and third seasons in the NBA (when Wade led his team to the 2nd round, conference finals, and championship--with all time great finals performance to boot--respectively).

How's that compare to going 6/24 in game 7 of the finals (against a team Wade destroyed, two seasons in a row) and getting outplayed by Pau Gasol in just about every advanced metric there is? Again, I didn't bring these metrics up: you did. But you only apply them when it's convenient for your own dim-witted arguments (if one can even call them that).

You one stupid motherf*cker.

Look at this poor sucker begging for my attention. :kobe:

I shall leave you with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9HjNWbJvA

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 09:50 PM
Point is that this is the first year Wade has led a team past the first round without Shaq/Lebron on his roster. Some douche had to be a smart-ass and point out his rookie year but it's obvious he wasn't the clear-cut best player and leader yet and then it kinda spiraled out of control. :oldlol:

I still stand by arguments earlier about Wade leading the team in '04 hut I guess we can agree to disagree.

On your other Kobe vs Wade at 22, that argument is poor because Wade was a Rookie and Kobe was in his 5th NBA season.

ImKobe
05-04-2016, 09:52 PM
I still stand by arguments earlier about Wade leading the team in '04 hut I guess we can agree to disagree.

On your other Kobe vs Wade at 22, that argument is poor because Wade was a Rookie and Kobe was in his 5th NBA season.

But he tried to compare Kobe at 18 to Wade at 22. Is that a fair comparison? Totally different scenarios (draft position, player role) and one is a teenager.

Wade's Rings
05-04-2016, 10:17 PM
But he tried to compare Kobe at 18 to Wade at 22. Is that a fair comparison? Totally different scenarios (draft position, player role) and one is a teenager.

Wade did have 2 more years of College experience.

aj1987
05-04-2016, 10:17 PM
People still argue that Shaq deserved MVP in 2005...2006 there's no argument but that doesn't matter here... 2007 they got swept as the defending champs by Luol Deng-led Chicago Bulls in the first round, Deng completely destroyed Wade on both ends
An injured Wade, who only played because the team was making the PO's. Dude put off surgery and played. The guy who played the 2nd most minutes was James freaking Posey and the guy shot 39%. Miami's starting PG shot 25% and the backup SG shot 22%. An injured Wade put off surgery and still managed 24/5/6/1/1 on 43%.

Sure, Shaq was in MVP contention, but Wade was clearly the best player on the team and he was a beast in the first round as well.

Wade - 26/6/9/2/1 on 58% TS
Shaq - 18/9/3/1 on 50% TS

Yeah, he didn't lead the team in a single category. :rolleyes:

Points - 3rd
Blocks - 2nd
Steals - 1st
Assists - 1st
Rebounds - 5th
FG% - 3rd
TS% - 3rd

1st round, he was 2nd in scoring, 1st in assists, and 3rd in steals. He did while he absolutely terrible in 2 games. Minus those 2 games, Wade averaged 19/6/4 on 49%. In the 2nd round, Wade was just amazing for a rookie, who wasn't even projected to go to 10 in the draft.

It's laughable that you put Pau on the same level as a Shaq/Lebron. Shaq joined Miami as a 3-time champion as the best big man in the league
1. Shaq was still Elite in '05, but Wade was just flat out better.
2. Timmy was better than Shaq in '05. Shaq was past him prime. It was the same '00-'02 Shaq.

Pau was irrelevant in Memphis, going 0-16 in the Playoffs as the leader of those teams that actually had decent players...
Kobe without Shaq and Pau either missed the PO's or got destroyed the first round.

Also, how does one go 0-16, when they played only 3 series? Pau wasn't the leader of the team in '13. Since you're saying that the '13 Lakers team was good without Kobe, then it's must've been a great team WITH him, right? :rolleyes:

2004 - Played the #2 seed and the defending champs with Tim Duncan. The team outside Pau shot like 40%.
2005 - Shit offense and lost to the #1 seed with the MVP.
2006 - Memphis had a shit offensive team and lost to a team that beat the defending champs Spurs and the Suns with the MVP.

Kobe led his teams to 3 straight Finals appearances and won an MVP (which Wade never did) and b2b FMVPs (which Wade also never did).
Wade in his prime never consistently had teams as good as Kobe's. Kobe from this rookie season till his 9th season had PRIME/PEAK Shaq. You think Wade with prime/peak Shaq from his rookie season would've be able to take teams to 3 straight Finals. Dude would've even won an FMVP from PEAK Shaq. Wade basically had past him prime/washed up Shaq for 2 good seasons and LeBron for 3 years of his prime. If you consider '13 to be the last season of his prime, Wade had good teams for 5/10 seasons of his prime. Kobe, as I said, had PRIME Shaq for 8 straight years.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-04-2016, 10:23 PM
If Wade remained healthy, the debate between he and Kobe ALL TIME would be interesting.

Dwyane plays such a smart and efficient style of basketball. Very cerebral and high iq.