PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry had platelet-rich plasma treatment on his right knee

jstern
05-05-2016, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE]Many of us NBA fans were introduced to PRP treatment in the summer of 2011, when Los Angeles Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant jetted off to Germany for "a derivation of platelet-rich plasma therapy" aimed at stimulating healing in his arthritic right knee. Here's how Dr. Matt McCarthy described the procedure at Deadspin's Regressing blog back in 2013:

[QUOTE]
The treatment involved spinning samples of Kobe's own blood to concentrate the platelets from the rest of the blood and then injecting the platelet rich portion of the blood back into his knee. Following the procedure, he returned to the states and played with significantly less pain in his arthritic right knee.

The rationale for using this therapy remains compelling: it's relatively cheap, minimally invasive, and the platelets harbor growth factors

jstern
05-05-2016, 01:11 PM
While pressing Ctr+F to see if this had been posted, there were no threads on Curry on the first page. And now there's one thread, while there are multiple Lebron and Kobe threads.

inclinerator
05-05-2016, 01:17 PM
*crickets

Ca$H
05-05-2016, 01:24 PM
LOL. I'm glad Curry kind of took my advice. Should have done orthokine instead though.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405072

AirBonner
05-05-2016, 01:37 PM
dude is going to deteriorate rapidly like kobe did at the end of his career.

Goldrush25
05-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Meh, there's not a lot of research yet that conclusively supports the purported benefits of PRP treatment with injury recovery. It's relatively new therapy that holds promise at this point.

Hopefully for his sake this doesn't result in them rushing him back sooner than he should be rushed back.

WorldWarriors
05-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Meh, there's not a lot of research yet that conclusively supports the purported benefits of PRP treatment with injury recovery. It's relatively new therapy that holds promise at this point.

Hopefully for his sake this doesn't result in them rushing him back sooner than he should be rushed back.
The Warriors won't rush him back. Curry is the one pushing to play more than likely.

Inferno
05-05-2016, 05:13 PM

He isn't playing Saturday, and Monday is a maybe

bigkingsfan
05-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Had this done on my dick.

chazzy
05-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Yeah I haven't seen much conclusive research proving that this is actually effective

KlayThompson21
05-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Curry can rest because Klay has been so good lately.

ImKobe
05-05-2016, 05:50 PM
dude is going to deteriorate rapidly like kobe did at the end of his career.

Kobe actually got better after the treatment..his knee was pushing him to retirement in 2011/12...2012 off-season gets treatment and loses 20 pounds, has the best offensive season since 08.

WorldWarriors
05-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Curry can rest because Klay has been so good lately.
Yes. Klay and the rest of the team have been very good. So Curry just needs to heal up. I'm pretty sure he's well rested.

Hey Yo
05-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Kobe actually got better after the treatment..his knee was pushing him to retirement in 2011/12...2012 off-season gets treatment and loses 20 pounds, has the best offensive season since 08.
That's because he had illegal doping done while in Germany....not the plasma treatment. That's why body broke down not long after.