PDA

View Full Version : If--IF--Wade lead the Heat past the Lebron's Cavs in the ECF...

sportjames23
05-05-2016, 03:59 AM
Does that move Wade up on the All Time list? And does it knock Lebron down a notch or two?

With the way Wade's been playing and looking healthy (knock on wood), he seems almost like Wade from at least 2011. How big an upset would that be?

Yeah, I know, the Cavs still need to win two more games and the Heat need 3, and it's early, but still. Only matchup that would've been more epic is Kobe vs Lebron.

Overdrive
05-05-2016, 04:14 AM
I don't think you can drop in the AT list once you established yourself.

Lebron23
05-05-2016, 04:21 AM
Cavaliers in 5

LilEddyCurry
05-05-2016, 04:23 AM
Wade will move up 5 spots in doing so, but when he loses in the finals he will drop 10 spots. (LeBron hater logic)

bigkingsfan
05-05-2016, 04:27 AM
If Lebron wins it all, he passes up MJ

Lebron23
05-05-2016, 04:33 AM

This

Dray n Klay
05-05-2016, 04:33 AM
Should Pippen be ahead of Jordan all time since he was a contender without MJ, while Jordan was only 1-9 without Pippen?

bobopenguin
05-05-2016, 04:34 AM

:biggums:
based on what?

the guy is a fking biggest hypocrite of all time.

early stage of his career: got to final by ref's help, but exposed by magic + spurs.

mig stage: ran away to play with other 2 stars, got bailed out by his friends.

late stage: ran away back to the team that got like 3 fking no.1 picks. used these assets to lure more stars.

this guy is no where close to to top 10. fking hypocrite.

NZStreetBaller
05-05-2016, 04:35 AM
This would be devastating to lebron..... wade is supposedly the inferior player to most people and played second fiddle to lebron during the heat big 3 run.

Lebron also has a slight edge in age and a major edge in health

Lebron even has the better team so you could never use "the help" as an excuse.

And to top it off the heat is the team that lebron ditched for his current team.

Im not sure how far it pushes d wade but it would definitely destroy lebron.

If d wade magically wins the chip and fmvp then yes d wade would definitely be above lebron all time.

ScalsFan21
05-05-2016, 04:36 AM
Does that move Wade up on the All Time list? And does it knock Lebron down a notch or two?

With the way Wade's been playing and looking healthy (knock on wood), he seems almost like Wade from at least 2011. How big an upset would that be?

Yeah, I know, the Cavs still need to win two more games and the Heat need 3, and it's early, but still. Only matchup that would've been more epic is Kobe vs Lebron.

On ISH I can't imagine you'll get too many serious responses to this, but since you really sold me with the capitalized "IF" in the title, I'll indulge.

LeBron would be marginally effected if that, because if that microscopic 0.1% chance were to happen (*cough*Cavsin4or5*cough*), chances are he would have gotten hurt.

Now... even though this is never happening in any, way shape or form, hypothetically speaking if LeBron were to blatantly cost his team this series, Wade would deserve a ton of respect and yeah, it's a nice thing to add to his bucket list. He gets way too much criticism and gets caught in a lot of "stan crossfires" on ISH. Kobe fans don't want to acknowledge that Wade's peak was superior or at the very least on par, and LBJ fans are kind of bitter that LeBeast needed to carry him during meaningful stretches of Miami's 2013 and especially 2014 campaigns.

I consider LeBron James to be top 2 of all-time as a basketball player. I consider his help this season highly flawed and mediocre by elite team standards. But he's still... LeBron... Raymone... James. And when you're that good. When you're that DOMINANT... there are no excuses in this series. Zero. So: if LeBron is healthy and can't get it done in this series, it would be very, very bad. Worse than even 2011 when he was pigeonholed into a Robin role he never should have been asked to play. That choke was inexcusable but I can kind of understand how it happened given that 2011/2012 LeBron was the most pressure ever to be placed on the shoulders of any one athlete in the four major NA sports. This would be the biggest stain on LeBron's entire career, in my opinion. Not "lol LeCollude", not 2011, this.

I don't even want to think about this though, not because it's a real possibility (which again, it isn't ever gonna happen) but because of the embarrassingly one-sided NBA Finals it would set up for us to suffer through.

But I mean, this Wade is NOT quite on par with 2011 Wade. Maybe he's about as good as his healthy stretches at the end of the big 3 era though.

NZStreetBaller
05-05-2016, 04:39 AM
This would kill lebron fans because theyve downplayed d wade since forever to try and give lebron the most credit during the heat run.

Theyd be reduced to blaming lebrons team mates and trying to credit d wades team mates. Small minded stuff really.

ScalsFan21
05-05-2016, 04:53 AM
I have no doubt that LeBron fans everywhere would absolutely melt down if a healthy LBJ didn't beat this team. It would straight-up be one of the least impressive conference finals teams in recent memory without Chris Bosh. One thing you won't see me doing is bragging when the Cavalier cruise past this team with zero fanfare and a maximum of one loss: bragging. I feel like there's going to be a lot of rubbing it in the face of Wade fans when the inevitable happens, and that to me just isn't fair. Wade is over the hill and going up against a top 2 player of all-time who has very good shooters and a secondary playmaker around him offensively when needed.

The Heat supporting cast is on par with Miami's, factoring in both sides of the ball, but LeBron is just that much better than Dwyane Wade and has been for such a long time that it's just not right to heap these impossible expectations on Wade. This series is as automatic a loss as any other East series against CLE. The "LeBron/Wade factor" is merely a sidebar.

One percent chance Cavs lose more than 1 game. This is over, call it off Silver, don't even play the games out.

Steven Kerry
05-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Yes, without a doubt.

aj1987
05-05-2016, 09:00 AM
based on what?

the guy is a fking biggest hypocrite of all time.

early stage of his career: got to final by ref's help, but exposed by magic + spurs.

mig stage: ran away to play with other 2 stars, got bailed out by his friends.

late stage: ran away back to the team that got like 3 fking no.1 picks. used these assets to lure more stars.

this guy is no where close to to top 10. fking hypocrite.
If LeBron's no where close to the top 10, Kobe's hovering somewhere around the top 50.

Carried to 3 rings by Shaq, carried to another 2 by the best FC in the league and shit ton of ref help, and only 1 MVP in 20 seasons. Not to mention he's the worst Finals performer for an ATG. 25 PPG on 41%.

If Wade makes the Finals, I don't see how he's not top 18 at the worst. Would definitely put him over players like KG, Dirk, and Barkley.

MJ
KAJ
Shaq
BR
Magic
Duncan
LeBron
Bird
Hakeem
Wilt
Kobe
Dr. J
Moses
Oscar

Those are the only players who would be above Wade unquestionably.

Steven Kerry
05-05-2016, 09:08 AM
:roll:

plowking
05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Some of you are so desperate to knock Lebron down... lol.

So whenever Bron loses, now not even in the finals, he gets pegged down. How many games did the Cavs lose this season? Did Lebron fall a spot every time they lost?

Dresta
05-05-2016, 10:19 AM
I have no doubt that LeBron fans everywhere would absolutely melt down if a healthy LBJ didn't beat this team. It would straight-up be one of the least impressive conference finals teams in recent memory without Chris Bosh. One thing you won't see me doing is bragging when the Cavalier cruise past this team with zero fanfare and a maximum of one loss: bragging. I feel like there's going to be a lot of rubbing it in the face of Wade fans when the inevitable happens, and that to me just isn't fair. Wade is over the hill and going up against a top 2 player of all-time who has very good shooters and a secondary playmaker around him offensively when needed.

The Heat supporting cast is on par with Miami's, factoring in both sides of the ball, but LeBron is just that much better than Dwyane Wade and has been for such a long time that it's just not right to heap these impossible expectations on Wade. This series is as automatic a loss as any other East series against CLE. The "LeBron/Wade factor" is merely a sidebar.

One percent chance Cavs lose more than 1 game. This is over, call it off Silver, don't even play the games out.

Hey Yo
05-05-2016, 10:24 AM
This would kill lebron fans because theyve downplayed d wade since forever to try and give lebron the most credit during the heat run.

Theyd be reduced to blaming lebrons team mates and trying to credit d wades team mates. Small minded stuff really.
LeBron's last 3yrs with the Heat, he led their postseason in MP, PTS, TRB and AST. while winning 2 titles as the underdog.

During the regular season those last 3yrs, Wade missed 58 games while the rest of the players kept the team a float.

Safe to say LeBron gets a tad more credit than anyone else on the team during those times.

Bankaii
05-05-2016, 11:31 AM
LeBron's last 3yrs with the Heat, he led their postseason in MP, PTS, TRB and AST. while winning 2 titles as the underdog.

During the regular season those last 3yrs, Wade missed 58 games while the rest of the players kept the team a float.

Safe to say LeBron gets a tad more credit than anyone else on the team during those times.
No you're supposed to disregard all that.
Lebron leads his team in all 3 major statistical categories and was clearly their best defender and somehow he gets too much credit:roll:

Wade's Rings
05-05-2016, 11:52 AM

Of course making the Finals would help Wade's legacy. If he does make it that would mean he beat 2 50+ win teams without HCA to make the Finals. Lebron doesn't drop a spot or two.

He looks like 2013 Wade during the Regular Season.

This is going to be good and of course hyped but Wade is 34, 2006 or 2009 would've easily been more epic.

This would be devastating to lebron..... wade is supposedly the inferior player to most people and played second fiddle to lebron during the heat big 3 run.

Lebron also has a slight edge in age and a major edge in health

Lebron even has the better team so you could never use "the help" as an excuse.

And to top it off the heat is the team that lebron ditched for his current team.

Im not sure how far it pushes d wade but it would definitely destroy lebron.

Lebron won't drop any spots on the All-Time list but yes it would be horrible for him.

If d wade magically wins the chip and fmvp then yes d wade would definitely be above lebron all time.

No he wouldn't. If he plays like how he's playing now and wins the chip and FMVP it would solidify him as a Top 15 player.

Rocketswin2013
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM
With the way Wade's been playing and looking healthy (knock on wood), he seems almost like Wade from at least 2011.

:wtf:

SilkkTheShocker
05-05-2016, 11:54 AM
The OP shines shoes at the airport

Showtime2001
05-05-2016, 11:56 AM
If LeBron's no where close to the top 10, Kobe's hovering somewhere around the top 50.

Carried to 3 rings by Shaq, carried to another 2 by the best FC in the league and shit ton of ref help, and only 1 MVP in 20 seasons. Not to mention he's the worst Finals performer for an ATG. 25 PPG on 41%.

If Wade makes the Finals, I don't see how he's not top 18 at the worst. Would definitely put him over players like KG, Dirk, and Barkley.

MJ
KAJ
Shaq
BR
Magic
Duncan
LeBron
Bird
Hakeem
Wilt
Kobe
Dr. J
Moses
Oscar

Those are the only players who would be above Wade unquestionably.
Damn what a meltdown.

:lol

coin24
05-05-2016, 12:11 PM
Wades already in my top 20. 3rd best sg of all time:applause:
It's been great to watch him beasting in the playoffs again..

The cavs are stacked as fu*k though, it would take a pretty big choke (which brans done before) for the cavs to lose that series..
Would be epic to see though:oldlol:

k0kakw0rld
05-05-2016, 12:13 PM

The Heat ain't reaching the ECF, the fvck you smoking on? :confusedshrug:

PJR
05-05-2016, 12:16 PM
The Heat ain't reaching the ECF, the fvck you smoking on? :confusedshrug:

You're already down 0-1, and the Raptors aren't winning in Miami.

Good luck, buddy.

Klay 3D
05-05-2016, 12:34 PM

Hell naw. At least 2012 but not the legendary 2011 season. Second ball-handling option putting up 26/6/5 in the regular and 27/7/5 on 55% in the finals. That Wade aint coming back.

stalkerforlife
05-05-2016, 12:36 PM
WTF is this thread?

Wade doesn't have two FRANCHISE LEVEL players by his side and he doesn't have the highest payroll in the league to work with.

I wouldn't agree, but you could make an argument for Bran's 4th option (Smith) BEING BETTER OFFENSIVELY THAN WADE'S 2ND OPTION.

The Heat will get swept unless the Cavs want to throw scent off the collusion and lose a game.

sportjames23
05-05-2016, 01:01 PM
The OP shines shoes at the airport

You suck dick on the corner.

SilkkTheShocker
05-05-2016, 01:03 PM
You suck dick on the corner.

I wouldn't know anything about living in the hood, Tyrone.

aj1987
05-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Damn what a meltdown.

:lol
Whatever you say, little man.

jrong
05-05-2016, 06:47 PM
No you're supposed to disregard all that.
Lebron leads his team in all 3 major statistical categories and was clearly their best defender and somehow he gets too much credit:roll:

Because that just happened in a vacuum, right? LeBron just played that much better, and it wasn't at all based on a pre-arranged agreement that Wade would step back and let him be the dominant player or anything....

****ing stans will never appreciate what Wade did for James in 2012 (really, he did it for the Heat, but LeBron reaped massive benefit). Was willing to sacrifice stats, endorsements, his body, his contemporary rep, and his future legacy and place in history in terms of both the NBA and the Heat.

James has to prove he can win a title without standing on Wade's shoulders. Notice the phrasing-- LBJ was clearly the top guy, but Wade was the foundation, and without that foundation, I don't see LeBron ever winning again.