PDA

View Full Version : Karl Malone is higher on my GOAT list than LeBron...

stalkerforlife
05-05-2016, 04:53 PM
Malone is completely underrated because of his failure to win a title, but the fact is, he didn't collude in his prime on two separate occasions to form two separate super teams. Malone going to LA for his last season is meaningless because he was a shell of his former self. Imagine if Malone colluded to team up with guys like Robinson, Payton, Drexler, Barkley, etc...he'd win a ring and maybe multiple rings; then we'd see him as a definitive top 10 GOAT.

The most important thing to recall is...it took the GOAT to stop him from winning a ring. The greatest player of all time is the only reason a non-colluding Malone is ring-less.

Malone is a two time MVP, finished top 5 in MVP voting another 6 times, played all 82 games 10 different times, is a two time all-star game MVP, 14 time all-star, was first team ALL-NBA 11 times, first team ALL-DEFENSE 3 times, is the 2nd all time leading scorer in NBA history, two time gold medalist, etc. etc. etc.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Malone played with a Wade and Bosh level talent, he'd be kissing rings for a lifetime.

Smoke117
05-05-2016, 04:58 PM
:sleeping

StephHamann
05-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Bron is higher on my GOAT list than Jordan

HurricaneKid
05-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Is this a PSA so we know we can ignore everything you say?

If so, most of us were already aware.

JebronLames
05-05-2016, 05:33 PM
LeBron is #3 all time. There are only 2 above him. There will only be 1 after this year. :cheers:

LikeABosh
05-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Thanks for sharing. 99.9% of people would disagree.

BedroomBully
05-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Malone is completely underrated because of his failure to win a title, but the fact is, he didn't collude in his prime on two separate occasions to form two separate super teams. Malone going to LA for his last season is meaningless because he was a shell of his former self. Imagine if Malone colluded to team up with guys like Robinson, Payton, Drexler, Barkley, etc...he'd win a ring and maybe multiple rings; then we'd see him as a definitive top 10 GOAT.

The most important thing to recall is...it took the GOAT to stop him from winning a ring. The greatest player of all time is the only reason a non-colluding Malone is ring-less.

Malone is a two time MVP, finished top 5 in MVP voting another 6 times, played all 82 games 10 different times, is a two time all-star game MVP, 14 time all-star, was first team ALL-NBA 11 times, first team ALL-DEFENSE 3 times, is the 2nd all time leading scorer in NBA history, two time gold medalist, etc. etc. etc.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Malone played with a Wade and Bosh level talent, he'd be kissing rings for a lifetime.
You are so pathetic it makes me ashamed of being an ISH member. You cratered face F@@@it.

FreezingTsmoove
05-05-2016, 06:27 PM
Lets be honest for a second. If Malone played in todays east, Lebron would finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference for his entire career

feyki
05-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Put Karls' Jazz in Lebron's era , no finals for Lebruun .

stalkerforlife
05-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Put Karls' Jazz in Lebron's era , no finals for Lebruun .

I can't deny this.

That Jazz team was one of the greatest teams to never win a title, and they never won a title because of the GOAT.

The Jazz may not beat the Heat/Cavs every year for the last six seasons, but there's no doubt in my mind that they'd stop Bran on multiple occasions.

I'd LOVE to see Bran "I can guard all 5 positions" try to guard Malone.

vetlantram
05-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Meltdown

Real14
05-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Same with my list.

plowking
05-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Ok. Good talk.

stalkerforlife
05-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Same with my list.

I love your posting because you really live up to your name.

Not a blind sheep.

Real14
05-05-2016, 10:04 PM
I love your posting because you really live up to your name.

Not a blind sheep.
REAL recognizes REAL:applause: :cheers:

tmacattack33
05-05-2016, 11:37 PM

Is this a joke.

@First Bolded...Umm, well, Malone did exactly did pretty much. Except it wasn't David Robinson it was Shaq. It was indeed Payton. And it wasn't Drexler it was Kobe.

@Second bolded...LOL.. 90's Stockton>2012-2014 Wade

stephanieg
05-06-2016, 01:11 AM
You shouldn't be so confident about the Jazz beating Miami or Indiana. They lost to non-Chicago teams for 11 years.

Human Error
05-06-2016, 03:22 AM

Bosh isn't a superstar. He is just a regular good player who doesn't deserve to be called as such thing as "Bosh level talent".
Wade had a very high peak but it wasn't long lived and Wade in his prime had to go through a 15-67 season. If you are a true all time great, you have to at the very least be able to make the playoffs regardless of whom you play with.

SouBeachTalents
05-06-2016, 03:27 AM
Bosh isn't a superstar. He is just a regular good player who doesn't deserve to be called as such thing as "Bosh level talent".
Wade had a very high peak but it wasn't long lived and Wade in his prime had to go through a 15-67 season. If you are a true all time great, you have to at the very least be able to make the playoffs regardless of whom you play with.

Agreed on your first point, but Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem, LeBron, Kobe etc. all missed the playoffs too, so that point is pretty moot

Spurs m8
05-06-2016, 03:40 AM

:cheers:

NBAGOAT
05-06-2016, 04:52 AM

DUMB recognizes DUMB :applause: :cheers:

ImKobe
05-06-2016, 05:07 AM
You shouldn't be so confident about the Jazz beating Miami or Indiana. They lost to non-Chicago teams for 11 years.

look at their 98 Playoff run

beat the Hakeem-Drexler-Barkley rockets in 5
beat the Duncan-Robison Spurs in 5
Swept the Lakers that had 4 all-stars
Should have gone 7 games against the Bulls and could have beat them since Pippen wasn't even able to finish Game 6, if not for Jordan's heroics

and that's with Malone and Stockton being past their primes

Malone: 25/10/4 on 52%FG, 58%TS over 19 seasons

missed 9 regular season games in his 18 seasons with the Jazz, made the Playoffs every year of his career.

9 seasons of averaging at least 27 points 10 rebounds on above 50% shooting, had a season averaging 31/11/3/2 on 56% shooting, 63%TS

If we ranked players based on stats and consistency, Malone's name easily comes up in the top 10.

Da Real Lambo
05-06-2016, 05:10 AM
He is in mine too.

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 05:17 AM

Should have gone 7 games against the Bulls and could have beat them since Pippen wasn't even able to finish Game 6, if not for Jordan's heroics

missed 9 regular season games in his 18 seasons with the Jazz, made the Playoffs every year of his career.

9 seasons of averaging at least 27 points 10 rebounds on above 50% shooting, had a season averaging 31/11/3/2 on 56% shooting, 63%TS

If we ranked players based on stats and consistency, Malone's name easily comes up in the top 10.

:applause:

aj1987
05-06-2016, 05:20 AM

That's all well and good, but they're not beating the '11-'13 Heat.

Also, if stats were how you measure players, LeBron would be top 4 at worst. LeBron is averaging 27/7/7 on 50% in the rs and 28/9/7 on 48% in the Playoffs for his 13 seasons.

ImKobe
05-06-2016, 05:44 AM
That's all well and good, but they're not beating the '11-'13 Heat.

Also, if stats were how you measure players, LeBron would be top 4 at worst. LeBron is averaging 27/7/7 on 50% in the rs and 28/8/7 on 48% in the Playoffs for his 13 seasons.

key beying 13 seasons

his averages are going to continue to drop as he ages

Malone has Lebron beat in terms of regular season stats and making the Playoffs for every single year of his career and being 2nd all-time in scoring

Now replace an aging Dirk and Jason Kidd with Malone and Stockton, you want to tell me they wouldn't be able to beat that Miami squad? :oldlol:

Like I said, the Jazz swept a Lakers team that won 61 games and had 4 all-stars with prime Shaq leading the way, but somehow they wouldn't be able to beat any of the 2011-13 Miami squads

2011 Heat lost to the Mavs
2012 Heat were down 2 - 3 to a past prime Celtics squad
2013 Heat were a Chris Bosh offensive rebound and Ray Allen 3 away from losing to the Spurs with past-prime Duncan and young Kawhi

But somehow there's no way they'd lose to a team that gave the MJ Bulls their two toughest Finals series in the 90s and beat down countless 50/60-win teams that featured prime Shaq, Hakeem, D-Rob, Duncan, Barkley, Payton etc.

:oldlol:

Gileraracer
05-06-2016, 05:45 AM
Bron is easily top 50, i have him at 43

aj1987
05-06-2016, 06:17 AM
key beying 13 seasons
He's still 31 and has a good 3-4 years left.

Probably after 4 years, his averages might be ~26/7/7 on 50%. Over a 17 season career. Not bad.

Malone has Lebron beat in terms of regular season stats and making the Playoffs for every single year of his career and being 2nd all-time in scoring
:roll: :roll:

LeBron has played like 9 fewer Playoff games than Malone and has 400 points more than him. LeBron is also the ONLY person in the history of the sport to be in top 5 in Playoff scoring and Assists. Not to mention the FACT that he'll surpass Kobe in points in the PO's while playing fewer games than him as well.

Now replace an aging Dirk and Jason Kidd with Malone and Stockton, you want to tell me they wouldn't be able to beat that Miami squad?
Why would I put Malone and Stockton on a team from '11. I was comparing the '11 Heat to the '98 Jazz. Dirk was clutch AF in those 4th Q's in the Finals. Malone is not exactly known to be clutch.

Like I said, the Jazz swept a Lakers team that won 61 games and had 4 all-stars with prime Shaq leading the way, but somehow they wouldn't be able to beat any of the 2011-13 Miami squads
Van Exel and Kobe was terrible All-Star selections. 15/3/3 and 14/3/7. Eddie Jones as well,to a certain extent (17/4/3). To put that in perspective:

2016 Los Angeles Lakers:
Clarkson - 16/4/3
Ratsell - 13/3/3
Lou - 15/3/3
Randle - 11/10/2

Were they All-Star calibre players? Lets also not forget the FACT that those 3 "All-Stars" combined to shoot 34%. The whole team outside Shaq shot 33%. Let that sink in. That team played like horse shit outside Shaq.

Yep.

Did Heat win the Finals that year? I'm don't remember.

2013 Heat were a Chris Bosh offensive rebound and Ray Allen 3 away from losing to the Spurs with past-prime Duncan and young Kawhi
Yeah, and Danny Green and Neal hitting contested 3's from all over the place and setting new records. BTW, who won that series? Did LeBron shoot 6/24 in the G7 and still win?

But somehow there's no way they'd lose to a team that gave the MJ Bulls their two toughest Finals series in the 90s and beat down countless 50/60-win teams that featured prime Shaq, Hakeem, D-Rob, Duncan, Barkley, Payton etc.
Are you kidding me? You think Hakeem, Duncan, and Barkley were in their primes in '98? Robinson played like shit as well in that series.

The two games that Chicago lost, one was by 2 points. A game in which MJ and Pip combined to score 36 points on 42 shots and the bench scored 8 points. Let me repeat. They lost that game by 2 points. The other one was a 3 point loss and the 3 leading scorers took 60 shots to score 63 points with 8 points coming from the bench. They lost that game by 3. Do you remember game 3 of that series, BTW?

In short, Malone beat a team with rookie Duncan and a non-existent bench, a team with prime Shaq and scrubs, and a team with 3 about to retire players. The Rockets were one of the worst defensive teams and the Spurs were one of the worst offensive teams.

I like Malone, but this is an argument that you'll never win. LeBron at worst is top 9 all time and Malone is ~16-18.

Leroy Jetson
05-06-2016, 06:18 AM

Stockton is a far better talent than Bosh, top 5 all time PG easily.

pauk
05-06-2016, 06:31 AM
lol, its almost like he is serious.

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 06:42 AM
key beying 13 seasons

Now replace an aging Dirk and Jason Kidd with Malone and Stockton, you want to tell me they wouldn't be able to beat that Miami squad? :oldlol:

:oldlol:

100% agreed.

:applause:

JtotheIzzo
05-06-2016, 06:46 AM
OP is high.

"Karl Malone is the most overrated player in the history of the game."
-Bob Ryan, Boston Globe

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 06:49 AM
OP is high.

"Karl Malone is the most overrated player in the history of the game."
-Bob Ryan, Boston Globe

My name is Justin. I form my own opinions. Bob Ryan forms his own opinions. Justin does not consider Bob Ryan's opinions to be Justin's opinions.

Justin is happy that he can think for himself.

Spurs m8
05-06-2016, 06:51 AM
My name is Justin. I form my own opinions. Bob Ryan forms his own opinions. Justin does not consider Bob Ryan's opinions to be Justin's opinions.

Justin is happy that he can think for himself.

A lot of people struggle with this concept in this day and age tbh

They form their opinions off others quotes, rather than gathering their own information and coming to their own conclusion.

Give us that 11,000 post.

bigkingsfan
05-06-2016, 06:53 AM
Both ahead of Kobe TBH

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 06:54 AM

They form their opinions off others quotes, rather than gathering their own information and coming to their own conclusion.

11,000 is for you, sir. :cheers:

JtotheIzzo
05-06-2016, 06:56 AM

A lot of people struggle with reality.

Malone is a compiler, nothing more. Raphael Palmeiro of basketball.

Nice stats, but never scared or worried anyone and was never universally admired by his contemporary.

Maybe top ten in his era, but its close.

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 07:02 AM
A lot of people struggle with reality.

Malone is a compiler, nothing more. Raphael Palmeiro of basketball.

Nice stats, but never scared or worried anyone and was never universally admired by his contemporary.

Maybe top ten in his era, but its close.

Sad.

Spurs m8
05-06-2016, 07:16 AM
11,000 is for you, sir. :cheers:

:djparty :djparty :djparty

Real14
05-06-2016, 07:26 AM
lol, its almost like he is serious.
You should wrote a long ass essay or write a book about it.

Real14
05-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Bron is easily top 50, i have him at 43
I have him at 50.

Gileraracer
05-06-2016, 07:30 AM
I have him at 50.

I think you are right, i did not count his collusion. My bad :(

Real14
05-06-2016, 07:34 AM
I think you are right, i did not count his collusion. My bad :(
Yea that really phucked him up. If he leave again then he will be number 67.

aj1987
05-06-2016, 07:41 AM
Why? It's take you years to read a "long ass essay" anyways.

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Hard to take you seriously when you write like this

90sgoat
05-06-2016, 08:26 AM
I agree OP, Malone was overall a more impactful player than Lebron.

The Jazz is a team criminally underrated by the teenagers who never watched them play. They were the Spurs of their time.

Stockton in particular gets insulting comparisons to chokers like Chris Paul, the all time steals and assist leader - with a record that will never be broken. Nash was a two time MVP and Stockton was better at ever facet of the game (except 3s perhaps), Stockton would kill, absolutely murder this era. A point guard who shot 50% from the field, played very good defense and dished out 14 apg.

Malone beat Duncan, Robinson, Shaq, Hakeem. Lebron has never beaten a similar cast.

Malone would have to finals MVP if not for the GOAT.

Lebron is a Malone level talent who has colluded his way to titles and has had the entire media and NBA organization talk him up.

Top 20 level talent that's it.

aj1987
05-06-2016, 08:37 AM
:facepalm :facepalm

Malone beat Duncan, Robinson, Shaq, Hakeem. Lebron has never beaten a similar cast.
KD, Westbrook, and Harden on the SAME team. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili on the SAME team. KG, PP, and Allen on the SAME team. Etc.

Stockton in particular gets insulting comparisons to chokers like Chris Paul
Stockton had his fair share of chokes.

What's your excuse for '94 and '95.

Lebron is a Malone level talent who has colluded his way to titles and has had the entire media and NBA organization talk him up.
Malone was drafted into a team with PRIME Malone, Eaton, and Stockton. LeBron didn't have that kind of help till his 8th season.

Yep. Malone is top 15-18 all time.

Cali Syndicate
05-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Malone only has longevity over lebron but this is to be determined since lebron is still in his prime. Someone like Blake Griffin should strive to be like malone. Strong and effective but not pretty low post game, develop a knock down mid range jumper and work that pick and roll to death. Not going to be a rim protector but can effectively defend the low post with good hands(Malone hand great hands ala igoudala). Lebrons already proved without a doubt he's a better player than malone.

HurricaneKid
05-06-2016, 11:00 AM
The only explanation here is that OP is making a list of Pedos, not a list of Basketball players. It makes sense because those guys are his heroes too.

#number6ix#
05-06-2016, 11:32 AM
From the early 80s to the early 90s the west was like the 2000s eastern conference teams were making the playoffs with around 35 wins

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 11:33 AM

The Jazz is a team criminally underrated by the teenagers who never watched them play. They were the Spurs of their time.

Stockton in particular gets insulting comparisons to chokers like Chris Paul, the all time steals and assist leader - with a record that will never be broken. Nash was a two time MVP and Stockton was better at ever facet of the game (except 3s perhaps), Stockton would kill, absolutely murder this era. A point guard who shot 50% from the field, played very good defense and dished out 14 apg.

Great post, bro.

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Malone only has longevity over lebron but this is to be determined since lebron is still in his prime. Someone like Blake Griffin should strive to be like malone. Strong and effective but not pretty low post game, develop a knock down mid range jumper and work that pick and roll to death. Not going to be a rim protector but can effectively defend the low post with good hands(Malone hand great hands ala igoudala). Lebrons already proved without a doubt he's a better player than malone.

:roll:

He can strive all he wants; it isn't happening.

LebronsHairline
05-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Lebron Lames has to collude and cry about calls all the time. Can't be GOAT ever.