PDA

View Full Version : SA/Pop disciples + increased cap + NY market

ScalsFan21
05-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Why can't BK become the Hawks but with legitimate FA appeal? Sure we won't have control of our first round draft pick until the next election cycle but stillio.

HurricaneKid
05-06-2016, 11:48 AM
No talent + no picks = No Hope.

What FA is going to want to sign up for that? Spurs East? As if they have more than two players on their roster that would play for the Spurs.

Kiddlovesnets
05-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Sure we can be the Spurs in Eastern Conference, but it will take some time. Remember we only start to follow Spurs footprint at the end of this season after firing Billy King. It takes at least 3-5 years to offset the damage caused by Billy King, and even after this we still need to make a series of right decisions to get further. It will require a painful lot of patience, but I am sure its the appropriate direction to go.

ScalsFan21
05-06-2016, 02:29 PM
Sure we can be the Spurs in Eastern Conference, but it will take some time. Remember we only start to follow Spurs footprint at the end of this season after firing Billy King. It takes at least 3-5 years to offset the damage caused by Billy King, and even after this we still need to make a series of right decisions to get further. It will require a painful lot of patience, but I am sure its the appropriate direction to go.

Hope so. I agree that it'll take at least that much time, and I'm hoping we finally have the right people running things to be able to have a chance at digging ourselves out of this hole.

Having guys who know what they are doing could be intriguing to free agents, even without draft picks. Obviously, Marks and Atkinson are anything but proven in their new roles, but you have to start somewhere and you really don't see too many guys flocking here with that sort of pedigree. It's probably the single-worst reclamation project in the entire NBA in terms of future prospects, but the allure of building something in New York may help us with that.

We have a few good young pieces that can be developed and would look great as a 3rd or 4th option on a decent team if they come into their own. I'd like to think we could be one big splash away from really getting the ball rolling in turning this ship around. Of course I'm biased but I'm probably as optimistic today as a Nets fan as I ever could have been after the recent past...