PDA

View Full Version : Who's more important to the dubs, Barnes or Ezeli

Dr Seuss
05-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Who will they prioritize bringing back this summer?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-06-2016, 01:58 PM
Thats a tough question actually.

Iggy and Bogut are still better than their replacements (even if Harrison startin Iggy still a better player) but they both old..........Barnes is better now but Ezeli got top 10 C potential. Ill say they should keep Harrison b/c Draymond gon play a lot of C anyways. Harrison is crucial to they small ball lineup bein able to defend 3s and even some 4s.

But they need another ballhandler when Iggy gets old/starts gettin injured. Dray and Iggy cant carry the ball handling load forever

Steven Kerry
05-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Barnes is more crucial. Bogut, Speights, and Green can handle the C without Ezeli.

warriorfan
05-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Barnes has regressed but he is the best at playing power forward when the warriors go to their powerhouse small ball line up which is obviously VERY important. They don't really have a replacement for him. Iguodala would probably be the best replacement for Barnes in the 4 during the small ball line ups but I don't think it will go too well. Iguodala has no where near the lower body strength as Barnes and would not be able to defend the post and hold rebounding positioning. They would have to do something like Dray, Iguodala, Rush, Klay, Curry which is a huge step down from Dray, Barnes, Iguodala, Klay, Curry. The talent level between those two versions are similar but the fit is NO WHERE near as good. The second bootleg smallball line up probably not end up working or at most be very inconsistent

Ezeli is pretty crucial as well though, Bogut is always beat up and can't be relied on for more than 20 minutes a game and theres always a chance he will show up with a random DNP due to general soreness and health. Speights at the 5 is a crapshoot and shouldn't be done for more than 10 minutes and can have disasterous consequences. Draymond can't play 5 for the entire game either, ideally you only want him to play 5 when you turn it on with the powerhouse small ball line up to pull away with the lead. This leaves a gap of minutes at the C which can go bad. Bogut and Mo Speights are just not consistent enough logging in big minutes at the 5 for their different reasons. Ezeli is huge for them.

To be 100% honest, they are tied

warriorfan
05-06-2016, 03:03 PM

Iggy and Bogut are still better than their replacements (even if Harrison startin Iggy still a better player) but they both old..........Barnes is better now but Ezeli got top 10 C potential. Ill say they should keep Harrison b/c Draymond gon play a lot of C anyways. Harrison is crucial to they small ball lineup bein able to defend 3s and even some 4s.

But they need another ballhandler when Iggy gets old/starts gettin injured. Dray and Iggy cant carry the ball handling load forever

They got a couple of guys that can defend the 3 in small ball and regular situations

Barnes is the guy who can put a body on the 4's effectively during small ball, and that can't really be replaced on the Warriors' roster at the moment

BIG FURB
05-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Barnes has regressed but he is the best at playing power forward when the warriors go to their powerhouse small ball line up which is obviously VERY important. They don't really have a replacement for him. Iguodala would probably be the best replacement for Barnes in the 4 during the small ball line ups but I don't think it will go too well. Iguodala has no where near the lower body strength as Barnes and would not be able to defend the post and hold rebounding positioning. They would have to do something like Dray, Iguodala, Rush, Klay, Curry which is a huge step down from Dray, Barnes, Iguodala, Klay, Curry. The talent level between those two versions are similar but the fit is NO WHERE near as good. The second bootleg smallball line up probably not end up working or at most be very inconsistent

Ezeli is pretty crucial as well though, Bogut is always beat up and can't be relied on for more than 20 minutes a game and theres always a chance he will show up with a random DNP due to general soreness and health. Speights at the 5 is a crapshoot and shouldn't be done for more than 10 minutes and can have disasterous consequences. Draymond can't play 5 for the entire game either, ideally you only want him to play 5 when you turn it on with the powerhouse small ball line up to pull away with the lead. This leaves a gap of minutes at the C which can go bad. Bogut and Mo Speights are just not consistent enough logging in big minutes at the 5 for their different reasons. Ezeli is huge for them.

Has he? Other than his play after coming back from that high ankle sprain he's been playing the best ball of his career this season. I agree with your assessment of their equal value to the team, which is kind of a shame because i see both guys getting paid bigger money elsewhere this offseason

warriorfan
05-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Has he? Other than his play after coming back from that high ankle sprain he's been playing the best ball of his career this season. I agree with your assessment of their equal value to the team, which is kind of a shame because i see both guys getting paid bigger money elsewhere this offseason

He has regressed overall in my opinion.

Barnes has had his ups and downs this years and struggled with that injury but even before the injury he wasn't playing well. I think he played worse this year, or at best he was neutral from last.

Barnes is a solid defender, 3 point shooter, slasher dunker, has a few post moves and basic one dribble pull ups. He does have the tools to be a great player. The thing is he is not consistent and has tenancies to disappear during big moments.

Barnes is playing at this level in the cushy situation as a 4th or 5th option in the best offense in the league. If you take him to a lesser team where he is asked to be a 1st or even 2nd option, his game is going to take a HUGE dip. His efficiency will go way down, his solid defense will suffer from an increased offensive workload. In my opinion it will be very similar to what happened to Trevor Ariza in 2010 after he played well as a 4th or 5th option defender player on a title team with the Lakers; teams like his play and potential talent and think they can convert him from a great role player, to a star player that is a 1st or 2nd option with heavier minutes as well. Houston tried to do this and we know what happened with that, it failed miserably.

If someone tries to do the Ariza with Barnes they will suffer the same fate. Warriors offered Barnes a more than fair deal at 64 million over 4 years and he turned it down. To be quite honest that is a slight overpay due to the great fit he was for the team, even with the increase in the sallary cap now and over the next few seasons. If any team tries to throw that 20+ million money at him and tries to convert him into a 1st or 2nd option big time player...they are going to get burnt, big time.

Bosnian Sajo
05-06-2016, 03:34 PM
Warriors will match an offer sheet for Barnes before they do for Ezeli, no way they keep both of em, especially when it looks like they will both be getting big money deals.

Ezeli will be in a Lakers jersey if Whiteside decides to stay in Miami, count on it.

bdreason
05-06-2016, 04:36 PM
At what price?

If Barnes wants MAX, I let him walk.

If Ezili wants more than 10m per, I let him walk.

In other words, both guys are replaceable, and I only want to keep them at the right price.

bdreason
05-06-2016, 04:37 PM
And I fear that Harrison Barnes is the next Jeff Green. All the physical tools to be a great player... but just never seems to put it all together.

Underrated KD
05-06-2016, 04:40 PM

You are a good poster when you try discussing things objectively. Just something I noticed. Good post. :cheers:

Braincells
05-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Does the warriors even have matt barnes?

Lamar Odumbb
05-06-2016, 06:41 PM
To be honest, neither one of them is important. Warriors wouldnt miss a beat if Barnes left to be honest and they replaced him with a bum like Nick Young. Its unreal how Barnes will be getting the max when his stats are similar to Luke Waltons during the Lakers 2008-2010.

Real14
05-06-2016, 08:28 PM
Mark jackson

greymatter
05-06-2016, 10:42 PM
Dubs' strength is their small ball lineup that has the versatility to switch off with their wings. Ezeli and Bogut are often injured, yet the Dubs don't miss a beat at all with them out of the lineup.

Clearly Barnes is more important at present.

Prime_Shaq
05-06-2016, 11:04 PM

:biggums: