PDA

View Full Version : New shot of Joker and Harley in Suicide Squad

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 02:23 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/de5u1s.jpg

Is this the first shot we've seen together of them? In full makeup that is?

Steven Kerry
05-06-2016, 02:30 PM
I'm stoked for the performances, not film as a whole though.

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 02:40 PM
I'm stoked for the performances, not film as a whole though.
I think it looks fun and awesome

Steven Kerry
05-06-2016, 02:44 PM
I think it looks fun and awesome
Take out Joker and Harley and the rest of the movie looks rubbish.

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Take out Joker and Harley and the rest of the movie looks rubbish.
I guess, but from what I'm seeing in the trailers I'm liking the other characters

Steven Kerry
05-06-2016, 02:50 PM
I guess, but from what I'm seeing in the trailers I'm liking the other characters
I'm honestly happy that you are excited about the rest of it. Will Smith seems cheesy, not feeling Katana, Croc looks like a mild upgrade of Thing from the mid-2000s Fantastic Four, Joel Kinnamin looks bad as Rick Flag, and Jai Courtney look terrible as usual. Viola Davis seems like an interesting character, but not one who will bring much entertainment. Batfleck should bring something nice to this, but we don't actually know how big his role is. If this mostly becomes Batman vs Joker/Harley, I'll be happy, but I don't think that is what we are getting.

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 02:58 PM
I'm honestly happy that you are excited about the rest of it. Will Smith seems cheesy, not feeling Katana, Croc looks like a mild upgrade of Thing from the mid-2000s Fantastic Four, Joel Kinnamin looks bad as Rick Flag, and Jai Courtney look terrible as usual. Viola Davis seems like an interesting character, but not one who will bring much entertainment. Batfleck should bring something nice to this, but we don't actually know how big his role is. If this mostly becomes Batman vs Joker/Harley, I'll be happy, but I don't think that is what we are getting.
David Ayer is an amazing writer who focuses on character development and the actors the most. He will find a way to make them interesting

Steven Kerry
05-06-2016, 03:07 PM
David Ayer is an amazing writer who focuses on character development and the actors the most. He will find a way to make them interesting
I just peeked at his writing credits. He seems hit or miss, nearly 50% exactly. Hopefully this is the right side of that.

Fury - Good
Sabotage - Terrible (particularly the 1 dimensional characters)
End of Watch - Good (though if you research how Gyllenhaal and Pena bonded in real life, that may deserve more credit than the actual writing)
Harsh Times - Good (very overlooked movie IMO)
SWAT - Terrible (Screenplay only)
Training Day - Good
The Fast and the Furious - Mixed. I didn't like it, but it clearly has a following (Screenplay only)
U571 - Okay (Screenplay only)

Luckily the ones that aren't just screenplay tend to be better, which this one is. I'm seeing this movie either way, but I'm a little skeptical. Either way, should be better than Batman v. Superman.

~primetime~
05-06-2016, 03:08 PM
:lol

yep

Is there a single character in this movie that would upset the viewer if they died? Doesn't look like it, they are all 'bad guys'. And if you don't care if anyone lives or dies, you can't really invest yourself into it emotionally, it can only be an action flick. Best you can hope for with this thing is great action.

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 03:10 PM
I just peeked at his writing credits. He seems hit or miss, nearly 50% exactly. Hopefully this is the right side of that.

Fury - Good
Sabotage - Terrible (particularly the 1 dimensional characters)
End of Watch - Good (though if you research how Gyllenhaal and Pena bonded in real life, that may deserve more credit than the actual writing)
Harsh Times - Good (very overlooked movie IMO)
SWAT - Terrible (Screenplay only)
Training Day - Good
The Fast and the Furious - Mixed. I didn't like it, but it clearly has a following (Screenplay only)
U571 - Okay (Screenplay only)

Luckily the ones that aren't just screenplay tend to be better, which this one is. I'm seeing this movie either way, but I'm a little skeptical. Either way, should be better than Batman v. Superman.
He didn't write Sabotage. He himself said the script sucked.

And SWAT in't regarded as terrible

ROCSteady
05-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Face tattoos on both :facepalm

PullupJay
05-06-2016, 03:57 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qDY4uh9IEgnyxBC/giphy.gif

CavaliersFTW
05-06-2016, 04:18 PM
This is news worthy? How can anyone be hyped about a comic movie in 2016. There's basically 10 of these every year now.

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 04:31 PM
This is news worthy? How can anyone be hyped about a comic movie in 2016. There's basically 10 of these every year now.
Because it's the first live action interpretation of Harley and joker?

SexSymbol
05-06-2016, 04:56 PM
So will smith was cheesy because he referred to themselves as suicide squad. Which given the missions they're in for is pretty accurate tbh.
You can't say why you're not feeling Katana, because this is just a stupid agenda post, so not having ANY reason you just say yeah not feeling it.
Why does Kinnamin look bad as rick flag?
Many comic book fans are very happy with the way croc looks and the fact that he's not cgi
And oh yeah, the most pleasant surprise in the trailers is that Jai Courtney IS cool in them. But I guess you probably didn't even watch them.
You are stupid, that's my whole point.

Baller1986
05-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Looks good. I hope Jared doesn't copy Heath's performance.

Nilocon165
05-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Looks good. I hope Jared doesn't copy Heath's performance.
He's not. This is new.

Baller1986
05-06-2016, 07:58 PM
He's not. This is new.

:cheers:

Nilocon165
05-07-2016, 12:36 AM
:lol

yep

Is there a single character in this movie that would upset the viewer if they died? Doesn't look like it, they are all 'bad guys'. And if you don't care if anyone lives or dies, you can't really invest yourself into it emotionally, it can only be an action flick. Best you can hope for with this thing is great action.
Slipknot is so obviously gonna be killed it's not even funny