PDA

View Full Version : The Cavs have figured out the Lue System

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 08:49 PM
It looks like the Cavs have finally started to implement Coach Lue's offense properly.

It turns out he was a great coach after all.

Will LeGM be vindicated at the end of the season after his decision to shit can Blatt and replace him with Lue?

Dray n Klay
05-06-2016, 08:52 PM
R + L = J

Milbuck
05-06-2016, 08:55 PM
The Cavs were even better last season after those trades under Blatt. Think they went like 33-6 for a stretch, 69 win pace. Just destroying teams. It really has nothing to do with their "system", they just have an assload of talent and when they play smart they become a juggernaut.

Mr. Jabbar
05-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Hawks too

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 09:49 PM
Hawks too
Wrong, they suck and the Lue system is sweeping them.

stalkerforlife
05-06-2016, 09:49 PM
What system is that...passing the ball from all-star to franchise player to ALL-NBA player to all-star game MVP player to franchise player to highest payroll in the league?

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 09:53 PM
What system is that...passing the ball from all-star to franchise player to ALL-NBA player to all-star game MVP player to franchise player to highest payroll in the league?
The Lou system is built around giving strong shooters wideopen corner threes.

This is accomplished by the fact that defenses collapse on Lebron when he drives and he is a good enough passer to always hit the open man in the corner.

Kingwillball
05-06-2016, 09:53 PM
R + L = J

You know nothing Jon Snow.. :oldlol: :oldlol:

plowking
05-06-2016, 09:54 PM
Their offense sucks.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of seeing them iso constantly.

inclinerator
05-06-2016, 09:54 PM
still needs to play defense

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Their offense sucks.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of seeing them iso constantly.
They haven't been doing that the last two games under the Lue system.

Indian guy
05-06-2016, 09:57 PM
The Cavs were even better last season after those trades under Blatt. Think they went like 33-6 for a stretch, 69 win pace. Just destroying teams. It really has nothing to do with their "system", they just have an assload of talent and when they play smart they become a juggernaut.

They were mostly getting by on talent on offense last season though. Just freestyling with LeBron and Kyrie taking turns creating. They actually run plays under Lue now. A lot of plays.

Of course, the big decline in defense under Lue offsets the gains they've made offensively under him. Cleveland went from 3rd on D under Blatt to 10th with Lue in the regular season. And are currently the worst defensive team of the 8 remaining teams in the playoffs. They just can't guard anyone, which is why a championship this season still remains a distant dream. They have no shot against GS/SA. Better hope OKC somehow makes it.

Nick Young
05-06-2016, 10:00 PM
They were mostly getting by on talent on offense last season though. Just freestyling with LeBron and Kyrie taking turns creating. They actually run plays under Lue now. A lot of plays.

Of course, the big decline in defense under Lue offsets the gains they've made offensively under him. Cleveland went from 3rd on D under Blatt to 10th with Lue in the regular season. And are currently the worst defensive team of the 8 remaining teams in the playoffs. They just can't guard anyone, which is why a championship this season still remains a distant dream. They have no shot against GS/SA. Better hope OKC somehow makes it.
Not Lue's fault. Team's have realized how much Love sucks at defense and teams have been targeting Love relentlessly when he's on the court since the Warriors blew them out early in the year by targeting Love's shitty D.

Nick Young
05-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Give Coach Lue the respek he deserves.

AirBonner
05-07-2016, 03:21 PM
They are looking dangerous.

Inferno
05-07-2016, 03:41 PM
All I'm gonna say is if you want to get into a 3 point shootout with the Dubs, be my guest :confusedshrug:

imdaman99
05-07-2016, 04:28 PM
The Cavs have figured out the East is bad. Especially when you have the 3 best players in every series :roll:

coin24
05-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Has anyone else not watched the cavs these playoffs yet?

The west second round is great so far and the heat vs craptors out choking each other has been entertaining though:oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
05-07-2016, 05:27 PM
The Cavs have figured out the East is bad. Especially when you have the 3 best players in every series :roll:
The Rockets and Trailblazers.

Total meatgrinder.

For all of the hate the East gets -- some justified, some not -- Golden State hasn't exactly faced a who's who of the best teams in the league the last two playoffs. At least not so far.

Last year, it was the Pelicans, a MASH unit for the Grizzlies and the Rockets. Then, an under-manned Cavs team in The Finals.

This year? A Rockets squad worse than any EC playoff team and now the Blazers, who everyone expected to be near the top of the lottery coming into the season.

It's not their fault and they've beaten all of the teams put in front of them, but I do find the hypocrisy funny. We're allowed to criticize the East and every team in it, across the board... despite Detroit and Atlanta being two of the hottest teams in the league coming into the playoffs.

But, point out the Warriors competition in the WC over the last two years, or lack thereof? No way.

The Blazers would smash the Hawks, I'm sure.

Nick Young
05-07-2016, 05:30 PM

Total meatgrinder.

For all of the hate the East gets -- some justified, some not -- Golden State hasn't exactly faced a who's who of the best teams in the league the last two playoffs. At last not so far.

Last year, it was the Pelicans, a MASH unit for the Grizzlies and the Rockets. Then, an under-manned Cavs team in The Finals.

This year? A Rockets squad worse than any EC playoff team and now the Blazers, who everyone expected to be near the top of the lottery coming into the season.

It's not their fault and they've beaten all of the teams put in front of them, but I do find the hypocrisy funny. We're allowed to criticize the East and every team in it, across the board... despite Detroit and Atlanta being two of the hottest teams in the league coming into the playoffs.

But, point out the Warriors competition in the WC over the last two years, or lack thereof? No way.

We are "allowed" to criticize the East because it is a meme conference. The Toronto Craptors would barely manage a 7-8 seed in the West, yet they are a dominant two-seed in the East.

The Warriors are a #1 seed. They earn that easy path through the playoffs by dominating in the regular season and earning it.

The Western Conference finals are always levels above the shit served up in the East.

lilteapot
05-07-2016, 05:31 PM
We are "allowed" to criticize the East because it is a meme conference. The Toronto Craptors would barely manage a 7-8 seed in the West, yet they are a dominant two-seed in the East.
Lol, this year's Raptors are better than the Rockets, Mavs, Grizzlies and the Blazers. GTFO of here son.

imdaman99
05-07-2016, 05:33 PM

Total meatgrinder.

For all of the hate the East gets -- some justified, some not -- Golden State hasn't exactly faced a who's who of the best teams in the league the last two playoffs. At last not so far.

I agree the Warriors haven't had to face a great team yet in their 2nd straight playoffs as favorites. That being said, the West 1-4 seeds would wipe anyone in the East out minus the Cavs. Top heavy.

West 1-4 (well, minus CP3 I guess it's more like 1-3) >>>> East 1-4.

Not to mention the 2nd seed in the East looks like shit half the time.

KingPush
05-07-2016, 05:34 PM

The Warriors are a #1 seed. They earn that easy path through the playoffs by dominating in the regular season and earning it.

The Western Conference finals are always levels above the shit served up in the East.
Raptors are 56-26 which would make them the 3rd seed in the west :oldlol:

Also, east vs west record was pretty even this year

KingPush
05-07-2016, 05:35 PM
I agree the Warriors haven't had to face a great team yet in their 2nd straight playoffs as favorites. That being said, the West 1-4 seeds would wipe anyone in the East out minus the Cavs. Top heavy.

And the 5-8 of the East would beat the 5-8 of the West :confusedshrug:

Nick Young
05-07-2016, 05:36 PM
And the 5-8 of the East would beat the 5-8 of the West :confusedshrug:
It's not about 5-8. Stop setting your sites so low, Eastern conferencers:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Basketball teams in the East are run poorly and play a shit brand of basketball compared to Western Conference teams. This is just how it's been for the past decade and a half so far.

FireDavidKahn
05-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Not Lue's fault. Team's have realized how much Love sucks at defense and teams have been targeting Love relentlessly when he's on the court since the Warriors blew them out early in the year by targeting Love's shitty D.
You talk as if Love's d was a mystery until this year:facepalm

RedBlackAttack
05-07-2016, 09:44 PM

The Warriors and Spurs are elite. The Thunder and Clippers? Not so much. The Cavs have had far easier times with both of those teams over the last couple years than they have the Heat or Raptors.

The Cavs are a combined 7-1 against the Clippers and Thunder since the start of 2014, with the lone loss coming in a game at OKC while LBJ was taking his two week hiatus last year. The majority of those seven other games haven't been close.

Factor in that CP3 has either not played in or been playing hurt in the playoffs over the last two years and those aren't teams that should be included in the upper echelon of the league.

So, yes... the West does have two elite teams at the top. That doesn't mean the record-breaking performances the Cavs have been putting on aren't impressive. When you're making 20+ threes routinely, I don't care if you're playing the Sixers, let alone Top 8-16 teams in the league.