PDA

View Full Version : Which team overpays for Mozgov next season?

greymatter
05-06-2016, 10:31 PM
It's clear the Cavs won't bother to resign him. Frye and the Cavs have found a perfect fit.

Who will be dumb enough to pay 12-16M per year for a guy who gives about 10ppg/7rpg in 26-30mpg with mediocre defense?

LilEddyCurry
05-06-2016, 10:39 PM
He has really regressed this year. Due to rushing back from surgery and due to his confidence being shot. He was more of a Blatt guy since he played for him on the Russian national team.

navy
05-06-2016, 10:42 PM
He's a great defender when healthy. If he rehabs this summer maybe he returns to form.

D-Wait
05-06-2016, 10:50 PM
He's a great defender when healthy. If he rehabs this summer maybe he returns to form.

Yep, when healthy. He really was not a great defender this season. While he blocked some shots, he was slow as shit and getting blown by players all the time. His man to man defense was also questionable.

Prime_Shaq
05-06-2016, 10:58 PM
He has shown he shouldnt really be on court this season, quite a pity since he was playing really well last season.

inclinerator
05-06-2016, 10:59 PM
averages 2 blown dunks a game 2 miss catches

bigkingsfan
05-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Lakers to complete the Ezeli twin towers.

Bosnian Sajo
05-06-2016, 11:14 PM
No one is overpaying for him, he is turning 30 in June.

Baller1986
05-07-2016, 12:36 AM
Cavaliers rather sign a younger center in the off season. They won't resign him.

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 02:37 AM
He is in the middle of the pack of the "dime-a-dozen" NBA centers. Easily replaceable.

DukeDelonte13
05-07-2016, 08:26 AM
knee scoped screwed him up.

navy
05-07-2016, 11:35 AM
He is in the middle of the pack of the "dime-a-dozen" NBA centers. Easily replaceable.
No he's not. Which nba are you watching?

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 11:36 AM

An NBA filled with Mozgov's. Every team has one.

Uncle Drew
05-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Kill yourself.

HurricaneKid
05-07-2016, 11:39 AM

He really was this year. He certainly wasn't last year. The question is if he is going to be able to return to form given his advancing age. If you look at his full career it certainly appears last year was the outlier, not this year.

navy
05-07-2016, 11:41 AM
No, in fact the Cavs will have a hard time finding a replacement.

navy
05-07-2016, 11:42 AM
He really was this year. He certainly wasn't last year. The question is if he is going to be able to return to form given his advancing age. If you look at his full career it certainly appears last year was the outlier, not this year.
Not every team has a 7 footer who can defend the rim and shoot a 15 footer even with Mozgov being garbage.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-07-2016, 11:46 AM

He would give Ilt the business H2H and you know it. Your insecurity knows no bounds, old man.

:oldlol:

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 11:46 AM
No, in fact the Cavs will have a hard time finding a replacement.

They had an equivalent center in 2015...and traded him. Anderson Varejao.

Mozgov in '16... 6.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg, .565 FG%.
Varejao in '15... 9.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, .555 FG%.

Look, the league is filled with backups that are the equal of this guy. Hell, I would take Boban over him.

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 11:48 AM
He would give Ilt the business H2H and you know it. Your insecurity knows no bounds, old man.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Prop Wilt's corpse up under the basket, and Mozgov would never score. Hell, he wouldn't grab a rebound.

Of course, this is coming from a Duncan fan. Sorry to tell you, but Mozgov is probably better than Duncan at this point in their careers.

HurricaneKid
05-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Not every team has a 7 footer who can defend the rim and shoot a 15 footer even with Mozgov being garbage.

No, not every team does. But the Cavs don't either. Mozzy moves like Kanter now. And is > 30.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-07-2016, 11:56 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Prop Wilt's corpse up under the basket, and Mozgov would never score. Hell, he wouldn't grab a rebound.

Of course, this is coming from a Duncan fan. Sorry to tell you, but Mozgov is probably better than Duncan at this point in their careers.

Duncan is a 40 year old man, but he's given up the reigns anyway. Just last year he was putting up 27/11 in an elimination game and was the Spurs' best player at 39. Duncan would average 65 in the 60's.

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Duncan is a 40 year old man, but he's given up the reigns anyway. Just last year he was putting up 27/11 in an elimination game and was the Spurs' best player at 39. Duncan would average 65 in the 60's.

Duncan averaged 12 ppg against Goobersol for cryingoutloud. Goobersol! Badly outplayed by Goobersol. The same Goobersol that the 6-5 Draymond Green abused at both ends of the floor last year.

Sorry, but we saw what Duncan was capable of in his 4th quarters against Shaq in their career playoff H2H's...a .400 shooter that was so shaken, he didn't even want the ball. Put him in the 60's and against truly dominant centers like Bellamy, Reed, Thurmond, Russell, and Wilt...or the early 70's against Unseld, Hayes, Lanier, Gilmore, Bellamy, Reed, Thurmond, Cowens, McAdoo, Kareem, and Wilt...

well, he would near the bottom of those groups.

navy
05-07-2016, 12:04 PM

Look, the league is filled with backups that are the equal of this guy. Hell, I would take Boban over him.
Varejao cant defend them rim.

navy
05-07-2016, 12:07 PM
No, not every team does. But the Cavs don't either. Mozzy moves like Kanter now. And is > 30.
Fair enough, but the Cavs literally need a mozgov player to get over the hump. They probably wont be able to find one and they are apparently all over the nba is all that im saying.

I acknowledge Mozgov isnt good anymore. But he's not easily replaced.

HurricaneKid
05-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Put him in the 60's and against truly dominant centers like Bellamy, Reed, Thurmond, Russell, and Wilt...or the early 70's against Unseld, Hayes, Lanier, Gilmore, Bellamy, Reed, Thurmond, Cowens, McAdoo, Kareem, and Wilt...

well, he would near the bottom of those groups.

And you lost me.

HurricaneKid
05-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Fair enough, but the Cavs literally need a mozgov player to get over the hump. They probably wont be able to find one and they are apparently all over the nba is all that im saying.

I acknowledge Mozgov isnt good anymore. But he's not easily replaced.

The Cavs are capped out and have traded several 1sts away as well. There really isn't much opportunity to add anything. But they are also far better without Mozzy on the floor now and have a few viable options at the 5 in TT, KLove, and Frye. None offer much rim protection but even going against a brute in Drummond, they had more success forcing him to cover shooters than put a bad Mozzy in to defend him as you would assume would be the play.

And if Mozzy won't even help them against a guy like Drummond, there really isn't a lot of use for him. So what exactly do you think they are going to struggle to replace?

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Varejao cant defend them rim.

Look...my point was this...and I am being serious..

look around the league, and tell me that there aren't a plethora of centers like Mozgov. My gawd, the Warriors are debating the worth of Ezili forcryingoutloud.

navy
05-07-2016, 12:15 PM
The Cavs are capped out and have traded several 1sts away as well. There really isn't much opportunity to add anything. But they are also far better without Mozzy on the floor now and have a few viable options at the 5 in TT, KLove, and Frye. None offer much rim protection but even going against a brute in Drummond, they had more success forcing him to cover shooters than put a bad Mozzy in to defend him as you would assume would be the play.

And if Mozzy won't even help them against a guy like Drummond, there really isn't a lot of use for him. So what exactly do you think they are going to struggle to replace?

No, Im saying they need a 7 foot rim protector. They arent all over the nba. Cap Space or not.

Not that Mozgov is still good or he himself is needed.

navy
05-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Look...my point was this...and I am being serious..

look around the league, and tell me that there aren't a plethora of centers like Mozgov. My gawd, the Warriors are debating the worth of Ezili forcryingoutloud.
There arent. Ezeli is about to get paid for that very reason

moongaze
05-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Yea, he's done. Frye has essentially replaced him at center. It's weird what happened to moz cause he could have been a dominant center if he had a better offseason

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 12:23 PM
There arent. Ezeli is about to get paid for that very reason

Essentially their 3rd string center, behind either Bogut, or Green.

navy
05-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Essentially their 3rd string center, behind either Bogut, or Green.
Warriors are stacked. I know.

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Warriors are stacked. I know.

Just saying.

Look, you are one of the more knowledgeable posters on this moronic filled forum.

I certainly value your opinion, so I will just agree to disagree.

:cheers:

Hey Yo
05-07-2016, 12:30 PM

Mozgov is avg. 8mins less and about 3FGA less per game this year compared to last.

Last season they both avg. just about the same ppg, mpg and rebounds.

Moz though is a career 71% FT shooter and to where Varejao is a 63%.

Plus Boban is avg. less than 10mpg in his initial season. I'd rather see him take on starter minutes for a whole season before I'd be taking him over Moz.

Hell.........now a days, any starting 7 footer who can shoot 70% or higher from the line should be worth an extra 5mil a year

navy
05-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Just saying.

Look, you are one of the more knowledgeable posters on this moronic filled forum.

I certainly value your opinion, so I will just agree to disagree.

:cheers:
Fair enough.

HurricaneKid
05-07-2016, 12:49 PM
No, Im saying they need a 7 foot rim protector. They arent all over the nba. Cap Space or not.

Not that Mozgov is still good or he himself is needed.

We disagree on one key point: Mozgov is no longer a rim protector.

So while it would be nice if they had a guy like Ezeli/DJ/WCS/Gobert/Whiteside/BSmack/Lopez/Ibaka/ Noel/Henson/Bogut/Dwight/Mahinmi/Adams/Towns/Favors/Turner /Draymond/Turner/Capela/Taj, etc

But they have a fine C rotation should they lose him. Heck, even Kaun could be a better rim protector in coming seasons and he has been lost on the bench all year.

LAZERUSS
05-07-2016, 01:06 PM
We disagree on one key point: Mozgov is no longer a rim protector.

So while it would be nice if they had a guy like Ezeli/DJ/WCS/Gobert/Whiteside/BSmack/Lopez/Ibaka/ Noel/Henson/Bogut/Dwight/Mahinmi/Adams/Towns/Favors/Turner /Draymond/Turner/Capela/Taj, etc

But they have a fine C rotation should they lose him. Heck, even Kaun could be a better rim protector in coming seasons and he has been lost on the bench all year.

You covered my take here as well. Looks at all of the centers that have a case over Mozgov. The league is filled with "Mozgovs."