PDA

View Full Version : OKC front office is the problem

livinglegend
05-07-2016, 12:33 AM
Ball movement systems only work when you have players who can shoot the ball and/or dribble the ball.
Who is a good ball handler outside of Durant and Westbrook on OKC? No one.
Who is a good ball shooter on the team? Durant, Ibaka?:lol , Westbrook is very average.
Without good shooters and/or ball handlers, durant and westbrook are forced to play isoball and take tough shots.

imdaman99
05-07-2016, 12:35 AM
They need 3 and D guys. Every championship team has them, Heat had them when they won, Spurs got a bunch, Warriors have a bunch.
OKC has NONE. Their role players are either 3 or D. Who can do both for them?

Underrated KD
05-07-2016, 12:36 AM
Ball movement systems only work when you have players who can shoot the ball and/or dribble the ball.
Who is a good ball handler outside of Durant and Westbrook on OKC? No one.
Who is a good ball shooter on the team? Durant, Ibaka?:lol , Westbrook is very average.
Without good shooters and/or ball handlers, durant and westbrook are forced to play isoball and take tough shots.

Great post. Yup. Their front office is utter trash.

livinglegend
05-07-2016, 12:36 AM
They need 3 and D guys. Every championship team has them, Heat had them when they won, Spurs got a bunch, Warriors have a bunch. OKC has NONE. Their role players are either 3 or D. Who can do both for them?

Who can shoot 3's on their team?
Ibaka is very inconsistent. Payne sucks. Waiters can't shoot 3's.

Thunderfan86
05-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Anthony Morrow

imdaman99
05-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Yeah I guess they only really have 1 guy that comes off the bench and can hit 3s. The guy is Morrow. Surprisingly enough, even he is inconsistent. Dude had a wide open look tonight and missed it.

Thunderfan86
05-07-2016, 12:41 AM
Yeah I guess they only really have 1 guy that comes off the bench and can hit 3s. The guy is Morrow. Surprisingly enough, even he is inconsistent. Dude had a wide open look tonight and missed it.
Yeah, but it was just one shot and he never touched the ball again. Give the guy a break

warriorfan
05-07-2016, 12:41 AM
russell "needs more help" westbrook

it's official, this cat is lebron jr

imdaman99
05-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Yeah, but it was just one shot and he never touched the ball again. Give the guy a break
He's supposed to be automatic man. I play in a league and I'm a 3 and D role player. Simple enough, if I miss my first wide open look, the stars on my team might not give me the ball again :lol it sucks, but that's the life of a role player. When I make my first shot, I will get a bunch of shots.

wally_world
05-07-2016, 12:52 AM
Posted this in another thread

And the thing is... they are such an arrogant and delusional team. Why cant they man up and see that this hero ball offence isnt going to work in the playoffs (as proven again and again and again and again)? Why do we keep going back to an ineffective, unsuccessful gameplan?

- Stagnant offense; hero ball
- Any time we are down more than 3 with <2min to go = KD bail-out 3 OFF A ****ING TIMEOUT :mad: :wtf:
- Ibaka's horrible defense (blocked shots not = good D)
- Andre fkin Roberson in crunch time (idc about the 1 or 2 good defensive possessions when for 8-10 straight possessions he can be left alone to double on KD)
- Not making Westbrook pay for his mistakes. I understand he's the alphadog but you cant let him climb over the head coach

Absolutely disgusting as a fan seeing all these talent squandered

Mike smith
05-07-2016, 12:57 AM
They need 3 and D guys. Every championship team has them, Heat had them when they won, Spurs got a bunch, Warriors have a bunch.
OKC has NONE. Their role players are either 3 or D. Who can do both for them?
Well teams aren't just giving away those players they are hard to get.

livinglegend
05-07-2016, 01:07 AM
Posted this in another thread
They don't have the players to build a system with lots of ball movement.
With the players they have, they are kind of forced to play that stagnant offense.

tamaraw08
05-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Im telling you guys, it's the coaching.
Rick Carlisle's 2nd best player barely played this year and he has to play a bunch of washed up players like Villanueva, Williams, Barea, Felton plus rookies like Mejri and managed to maximize what they have and get into the playoffs.

imdaman99
05-07-2016, 01:15 AM
Well teams aren't just giving away those players they are hard to get.
Well, they should have started drafting them after they got Harden. At this point, they can't draft them anymore since their clock is ticking with the 2 stars. And you know they are not overpaying to steal a 3 and D guy away from anyone, are you saying there is no hope? :confusedshrug:

tamaraw08
05-07-2016, 01:16 AM
He's supposed to be automatic man. I play in a league and I'm a 3 and D role player. Simple enough, if I miss my first wide open look, the stars on my team might not give me the ball again :lol it sucks, but that's the life of a role player. When I make my first shot, I will get a bunch of shots.

What about Waiters? this guy has been struggling the whole year and still manage to play longs minutes and take several shots/game.

Mike smith
05-07-2016, 01:18 AM
Well, they should have started drafting them after they got Harden. At this point, they can't draft them anymore since their clock is ticking with the 2 stars. And you know they are not overpaying to steal a 3 and D guy away from anyone, are you saying there is no hope? :confusedshrug:
Not at all the team is really young and besides for Westbrook Durant and ibaka no one on the team has any playoff experience. And when the thunder always fall in the 26-30 pick in the draft you pretty much have to lick out at that point to get a good rotation player.

Thunderfan86
05-07-2016, 01:18 AM
Im telling you guys, it's the coaching.
Rick Carlisle's 2nd best player barely played this year and he has to play a bunch of washed up players like Villanueva, Williams, Barea, Felton plus rookies like Mejri and managed to maximize what they have and get into the playoffs.
It's not the coaching.....it's the superstars

Born Sinner
05-07-2016, 01:24 AM
All because the cheap gm didnt want to pay harden an extra few million.

Kiddlovesnets
05-07-2016, 01:27 AM
OKC's chance at NBA titles have slipped away since they traded Harden to Rockets. To make matters worse, they got Kevin Martin in return and he left them the following summer. Just like the Suns in 2005, when they traded away Joe Johnson and was never a serious threat to NBA titles any longer.

Mike smith
05-07-2016, 01:27 AM
It's not the coaching.....it's the superstars
If you watch the team it's when the bench comes in they stuggle both offensively and defensively. And that's where they lose the game. They didn't score for 7 minutes there in the game when the bench was in with kd. You are pretty much putting all your energy just to play catch up all game

Thunderfan86
05-07-2016, 01:33 AM
If you watch the team it's when the bench comes in they stuggle both offensively and defensively. And that's where they lose the game. They didn't score for 7 minutes there in the game when the bench was in with kd. You are pretty much putting all your energy just to play catch up all game
Okay, so let me ask you this. Do you think it's Billy Donovan's fault we have a lot of one dimensional scrubs coming off the bench? What can he do different to make those guys play better?

Mike smith
05-07-2016, 01:39 AM
Okay, so let me ask you this. Do you think it's Billy Donovan's fault we have a lot of one dimensional scrubs coming off the bench? What can he do different to make those guys play better?
To be honest experience. None of the roll players have played at this level before. Most of them this is the first time they have been in the playoffs. Look at the Spurs how many playoff games have there bench and role players and coach been in?

Thunderfan86
05-07-2016, 01:44 AM
To be honest experience. None of the roll players have played at this level before. Most of them this is the first time they have been in the playoffs. Look at the Spurs how many playoff games have there bench and role players and coach been in?
We have a long road ahead of us :(

Mike smith
05-07-2016, 02:04 AM
We have a long road ahead of us :(
Probably, everyone just wants results now and think it's that easy. Chances of winning a title with all your role players having no Playoff experience and a rookie coach aren't very good chances to win

Spurs5Rings2014
05-07-2016, 02:51 AM

The hell you talm 'bout? We don't have a 'bunch.' We have like one and he's pretty inconsistent from down town. He's mainly just a D player who can occasionally hit an open trey. Him and Roberson are pretty much a wash.

imdaman99
05-07-2016, 03:35 AM
The hell you talm 'bout? We don't have a 'bunch.' We have like one and he's pretty inconsistent from down town. He's mainly just a D player who can occasionally hit an open trey. Him and Roberson are pretty much a wash.
Let's use the year the Spurs dominated on their way to the ring, 2014.

Green was on fire and he played great D.
Patty Mills was on fire and he played good D, not a lockdown guy but he plays defense, certainly dominated the Heat PGs.
Ginobli can at least play defense and he can create as good as anyone off the bench.

That's at least 2.5 three and D guys. That's 2.5 more than OKC has.

When Green hits a 3, teams are forced to guard him. When Roberson lucks into a 3, teams leave him even more open to trick Westbrook or Durant into passing to him :lol

Spurs5Rings2014
05-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Let's use the year the Spurs dominated on their way to the ring, 2014.

Green was on fire and he played great D.
Patty Mills was on fire and he played good D, not a lockdown guy but he plays defense, certainly dominated the Heat PGs.
Ginobli can at least play defense and he can create as good as anyone off the bench.

That's at least 2.5 three and D guys. That's 2.5 more than OKC has.

When Green hits a 3, teams are forced to guard him. When Roberson lucks into a 3, teams leave him even more open to trick Westbrook or Durant into passing to him :lol

Mills and Ginobili aren't 3&D guys.

:oldlol:

You said it yourself, Mills isn't a lockdown guy. He isn't long or lengthy or athletic or anything like that like you'd expect a traditional 3&D guy to be. I consider him more of a spark off the bench/energy/6th man type of guy than a 3&D guy.

Gino was an old man already and you said it yourself again, he's a creator, not a traditional 3&D guy. Yes, he can play D and shoot the 3 ball, but so can anyone. Yet we don't call everyone 3&D guys. He was more of the facilitator of the second unit/6th man, never purely just a 3&D guy.

Stop it.

Green is our only 'true' 3&D guy. OKC has/had guys like Manu and Mills (Harden, Jackson, Mayo, etc) and they traded them away for a burger and fries. Who's fault is that? I would say a guy like Waiters or Morrow or Singler or Payne easily fit into that mold. Like our half-assed '3&D' guys, they also don't make up a full one either.

I think the issue is more team related as a whole, not individual player related. Like you said, those guys you named for us aren't lockdown defenders. They just buy into the defensive system and scheme, and play solid help defense, contest shots, etc. Those guys aren't any better than OKC's guys individually, it's just OKC doesn't seem to have any kind of system in place for them.

Green 2016:
7.2 PPG on .376/.332/.739. .448 2P%, .480 eFG% and .492 TS%

Roberson 2016:
4.8 PPG on .496/.311/.611. .608 2P%, .555 eFG% and .566 TS%

Like I said, Roberson = Green. You're overestimating the hell out of Danny and/or underestimating Roberson. Need to watch more Spurs and OKC games or something. Green is a very slightly better 3P shooter than Roberson and a significantly worse 2P shooter than him. So much so, that it somehow outweighs his better 3P and FT shooting.

:wtf:

dabigbaws
05-07-2016, 06:57 AM
Mills and Ginobili aren't 3&D guys.

You said it yourself, Mills isn't a lockdown guy. He isn't long or lengthy or athletic or anything like that like you'd expect a traditional 3&D guy to be. I consider him more of a spark off the bench/energy/6th man type of guy than a 3&D guy.

Gino was an old man already and you said it yourself again, he's a creator, not a traditional 3&D guy. Yes, he can play D and shoot the 3 ball, but so can anyone. Yet we don't call everyone 3&D guys. He was more of the facilitator of the second unit/6th man, never purely just a 3&D guy.

Stop it.

Green is our only 'true' 3&D guy. OKC has/had guys like Manu and Mills (Harden, Jackson, Mayo, etc) and they traded them away for a burger and fries. Who's fault is that? I would say a guy like Waiters or Morrow or Singler or Payne easily fit into that mold. Like our half-assed '3&D' guys, they also don't make up a full one either.

I think the issue is more team related as a whole, not individual player related. Like you said, those guys you named for us aren't lockdown defenders. They just buy into the defensive system and scheme, and play solid help defense, contest shots, etc. Those guys aren't any better than OKC's guys individually, it's just OKC doesn't seem to have any kind of system in place for them.

Green 2016:
7.2 PPG on .376/.332/.739. .448 2P%, .480 eFG% and .492 TS%

Roberson 2016:
4.8 PPG on .496/.311/.611. .608 2P%, .555 eFG% and .566 TS%

Like I said, Roberson = Green. You're overestimating the hell out of Danny and/or underestimating Roberson. Need to watch more Spurs and OKC games or something. Green is a very slightly better 3P shooter than Roberson and a significantly worse 2P shooter than him. So much so, that it somehow outweighs his better 3P and FT shooting.

Spurs5Rings2014
05-07-2016, 07:01 AM

The numbers don't lie. Roberson shoots 31% for the season and Green shoots 33%. Which is not even enough to make up for his absolutely putrid 45% from inside the arc. At least Roberson can convert inside at a decent clip. Green shoots 2% better from outside and can't finish at the basket to save his life. All you have to do is run him off the line like in 2013 Game 6/7 and it's a wrap.

:coleman:

DMAVS41
05-07-2016, 08:26 AM
While Presti really has screwed up since the great teams he built from 11-13...these teams are hardly lacking a lot.

If Durant was playing like the clear cut best player in this series...the Thunder would be up 2-1...with winning a road game against one of the best home teams of all time.

So it's kind of "meh"...yes they could/should have done better...I've written aout it time and time again, but you aren't winning it if Durant or WB doesn't dominate a series.

DMAVS41
05-07-2016, 08:28 AM
OKC's chance at NBA titles have slipped away since they traded Harden to Rockets. To make matters worse, they got Kevin Martin in return and he left them the following summer. Just like the Suns in 2005, when they traded away Joe Johnson and was never a serious threat to NBA titles any longer.

Except not at all. They were a better team in 13 then they were in 12...quite easily...in my opinion.

And then in 14...they were hardly drawing dead...although Presti really screwed them with the Fisher/Butler pairing.

But even with all the mistakes...they are right there against one of the best teams ever. Just have to come through...

You guys make it sound like it should be easy to beat one of the best teams ever...LOL

ArbitraryWater
05-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Except not at all. They were a better team in 13 then they were in 12...quite easily...in my opinion.

And then in 14...they were hardly drawing dead...although Presti really screwed them with the Fisher/Butler pairing.

But even with all the mistakes...they are right there against one of the best teams ever. Just have to come through...

You guys make it sound like it should be easy to beat one of the best teams ever...LOL

this..

Westrook was what, 9 of 28 today, and they lost on last second FT's?

Lol....

Legends or what that Raptors fans name here is, also said 2013 OKC wasnt their best team...

I was just like, nigguh what :wtf: :hammerhead:

Spurs5Rings2014
05-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Saying the 2013 team is better than the 2012 team is like saying the Clippers without Blake Griffin is better than with. Yeah, in the regular season the pieces fit together well and everything flowed smoothly. Unfortunately, in the play offs you need stars to step up and bring it home. OKC lost a guy who could do that and help take the load off of KD and WB. Instead of having 3 ELITE threats in the final minutes of the 4th that can work together to get it done, they have 2. It's simple math. It's 33.3% easier to lock in and stop this team now.

People always bring up the 2012 series when talking about OKC's ability to beat us, but what they leave out is that Harden was a complete monster and put up 18/5/3/1 on 49/61/80. To put it into perspective, KD put up 29/7/5/1/1 on 53/35/91 and WB put up 18/6/7/1/1 on 38/40/74. He basically scored as much as WB on significantly better efficiency and was just that SG they need desperately right now to spread the floor. This is a much more balanced assault and there is really no way we could stop this.

ArbitraryWater
05-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Saying the 2013 team is better than the 2012 team is like saying the Clippers without Blake Griffin is better than with. Yeah, in the regular season the pieces fit together well and everything flowed smoothly. Unfortunately, in the play offs you need stars to step up and bring it home. OKC lost a guy who could do that and help take the load off of KD and WB. Instead of having 3 ELITE threats in the final minutes of the 4th that can work together to get it done, they have 2. It's simple math. It's 33.3% easier to lock in and stop this team now.

People always bring up the 2012 series when talking about OKC's ability to beat us, but what they leave out is that Harden was a complete monster and put up 18/5/3/1 on 49/61/80. To put it into perspective, KD put up 29/7/5/1/1 on 53/35/91 and WB put up 18/6/7/1/1 on 38/40/74. He basically scored as much as WB on significantly better efficiency and was just that SG they need desperately right now to spread the floor. This is a much more balanced assault and there is really no way we could stop this.

:biggums:

People are not talking about the 2013 Thunder team of the playoffs... but the one that got the #1 record and had a top 10 SRS ever.

They crushed Rockets in their first game with Westbrook.

Harden was like in his 3rd year in 2012.

r0drig0lac
05-07-2016, 10:44 AM
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab250/Zac_Sweeney/NBA%20Photoshops/Jersey%20Switches/Durant_finalaa.png

Spurs5Rings2014
05-07-2016, 11:05 AM
:biggums:

People are not talking about the 2013 Thunder team of the playoffs... but the one that got the #1 record and had a top 10 SRS ever.

They crushed Rockets in their first game with Westbrook.

Harden was like in his 3rd year in 2012.

I'm saying, you can't take the regular season at face value. For all we know they could of lost in the second round or WCF before even meeting the Heat in the finals to get swept.

:confusedshrug:

keep-itreal
05-07-2016, 11:12 AM
I can't believe people actually believe Thunder are a better after James Harden left.
:roll: :roll: jesus christ