sundizz
05-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Who's better?

Relinquish
05-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Lowry when he plays at his best.

TemporaMutantur
05-07-2016, 07:46 PM
It's truly tough to say Lowry after his abysmal playoff performance, sans the game tonight.

Kyrie certainly dominates him offensively, but Kyle has the edge defensively.

It also seems like Kyrie is back to his true form.

I'd give the edge to Kyrie.

moongaze
05-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Lowry when he plays at his best.

What's lowrys best? Kyrie's best is 57 against the spurs on the road 55 without lebron against an aldridge and lillard let team along with fiba mvp, all star MVP, number one pick etc

Kyrie at his best is one of the best players in the league

Flower_
05-07-2016, 07:52 PM
LMAO. Kyrie and it's not even close.

Relinquish
05-07-2016, 07:53 PM
What's lowrys best? Kyrie's best is 57 against the spurs in the road 55 without lebron against an aldridge and lillard let team along with fiba mvp, all star MVP, number one pick etc

Kyrie at his best is one of the best players in the league

Lowry averaged 21.2, 6.4, 4.7 and 2.1 sharing the load on a 56 win team. That's better numbers than Kyrie has ever put up. Kyrie at his best is a top 15 player, yet he still is not top 15 (Lowry is arguably).

ScalsFan21
05-07-2016, 07:54 PM
I think LeBeast would happily trade Irving for Lowry because he's a more well-rounded player. He can't match what Kyrie has done offensively in games like that SA game, but he's more well-rounded and probably a better fit on that team. Both guys have injury concerns out the wazoo. Lowry's history of tailing off in the second half due to wear down or playoff pressure or whatever is definitely a factor, but I think he's turned that corner.

TheMarkMadsen
05-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Kyrie leads the entire eastern conference in PER, leads his undefeated team in scoring, is second in assist, is shooting 60% TS to Lowrys pathetic 40% TS

easily Kyrie

moongaze
05-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Lowry averaged 21.2, 6.4, 4.7 and 2.1 sharing the load on a 56 win team. That's better numbers than Kyrie has ever put up. Kyrie at his best is a top 15 player, yet he still is not top 15 (Lowry is arguably).

Kyrie averaged 21.7 last year shooting 41.4 from three sharing the load with lebron and love. How do you with a straight face say that the guy that dropped 57 on the spurs is not top 15? This board cracks me up how they underrate Irving.

tpols
05-07-2016, 08:00 PM
lmao

Relinquish
05-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Kyrie averaged 21.7 last year shooting 41.4 from three sharing the load with lebron and love. How do you with a straight face say that the guy that dropped 57 on the spurs is not top 15? This board cracks me up how they underrate Irving.

Because, he's not.

Players above him in any order: Steph, Bran, Boogie, AD, KD, CP3, Westbrook, Draymond, Kawhi, Harden, PG, Klay, Lillard, Wall, Butler off the top of my head. That's 15 right there. I'd argue that Lowry's season puts him ahead of maybe Klay, but I wouldn't drop anyone else out of the top 15 for him or anyone else. Derozan had a good season too but I personally think his ppg were inflated by underserved FTs, yet his regular season was definitely arguable as being top 15.

Nick Young
05-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Kyrie is better.

tpols
05-07-2016, 08:03 PM
lowsey ahead of kyrie irving and klay thompson.. this site has officially gone to sh!t.

Dray n Klay
05-07-2016, 08:04 PM
LOL EASILY Lowry, if you need someone to explain this to you you're an idiot.

Kyrie leads teams to the worst records in the league, Lowry leads teams to 55+ wins and 2nd round appearances

Relinquish
05-07-2016, 08:04 PM

I'm not underrating him; he's a great player. However, Irving is what he is: an offensive talent, nothing more, nothing less. He's trash defensively, a shitty playmaker, and his skillset does not fit someone who is THE MAN. There's a reason that Kyrie was being considered underwhelming after his fantastic rookie season as he kept putting up decent numbers without wins along with it. It's also no coincidence that he finally took the next step once Lebron and Love got there to take the load off him.

ScalsFan21
05-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Lowry leads teams to 55+ wins and 3rd round appearances

Tweaked.

moongaze
05-07-2016, 08:06 PM

Kyrie leads teams to the worst records in the league, Lowry leads teams to 55+ wins and 2nd round appearances

Lowry has an all star in his backcourt, a solid young center a good group of reserves. Kyrie had dion waiters as his second option.

ScalsFan21
05-07-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm not underrating him; he's a great player. However, Irving is what he is: an offensive talent, nothing more, nothing less. He's trash defensively, a shitty playmaker, and his skillset does not fit someone who is THE MAN. There's a reason that Kyrie was being considered underwhelming after his fantastic rookie season as he kept putting up decent numbers without wins along with it. It's also no coincidence that he finally took the next step once Lebron and Love got there to take the load off him.

Very true. He's not the kind of guy who would necessarily thrive in a supporting role without LeBron, either. Doesn't excel off ball. Doesn't excel in any of the game other than scoring: creating his own shot, shooting, finishing inside. Phenomenal in all these areas. Too bad that's the extent of his game.

And his 3-point percentage being over 40% is a direct result of LeBron's presence, not something he achieved in spite of it.

Relinquish
05-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Lowry has an all star in his backcourt, a solid young center a good group of reserves. Kyrie had dion waiters as his second option.

Waiters was good that season :confusedshrug:

Legends66NBA7
05-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Better as in who leads or more talent ?

moongaze
05-07-2016, 08:13 PM

He's not that bad defensively when he tries. He's actually quite good. Look at how hes locked teague up and performed in game 1 of the finals and in fiba. Hes goid at getting steals.And is playmaking only about setting up other guys? Cause when it comes to making plays there's no one outside of maybe curry better than Kyrie at the position when it comes to creating offense.

People need to look back at those Cleveland teams Kyrie led. They were awful. His second option was an inefficient chucker who comes of the bench now. Then there were guys like Tristan and varejao. Not exactly much to work with.

Relinquish
05-07-2016, 08:57 PM
He's not that bad defensively when he tries. He's actually quite good. Look at how hes locked teague up and performed in game 1 of the finals and in fiba. Hes goid at getting steals.And is playmaking only about setting up other guys? Cause when it comes to making plays there's no one outside of maybe curry better than Kyrie at the position when it comes to creating offense.

People need to look back at those Cleveland teams Kyrie led. They were awful. His second option was an inefficient chucker who comes of the bench now. Then there were guys like Tristan and varejao. Not exactly much to work with.

Gold at getting steals? :biggums: :biggums:

His career best is 1.5 spg.

Also, making plays =/= creating your own shot. Kyrie can create his own shot with the best of them, but he's horrid when it comes to play making.

NLZ
05-07-2016, 08:59 PM
#Raptors Kyle Lowry is the first player to score 29+ second-half points in a road playoff game since Steve Nash (35 PTS) on May 15, 2005

soooo... yea.....

Smoke117
05-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Kyrie is much better than Lowry.

returnofthemack
05-07-2016, 09:03 PM

This is actually a good point.

RedBlackAttack
05-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Kyrie just turned 24 and is coming off of a broken kneecap. This is a silly discussion. It's Irving and it isn't close.

And, btw, for being "trash" defensively, it's weird that the Cavs have a statistically elite defense in fourth quarters (might be tops in the league) and he is always on the floor in fourth quarters. He can compete on that end when he's focused and locked in.

The guy is shooting 55% from three in the playoffs on over 8 attempts per game. He also has one of the best assist-to-turnover ratios in the playoffs (5.1 to 1.6). And, he's still young and learning the game.

If anyone "is what he is," it's Lowry, not Irving... you know, the guy who will be on the wrong side of 30 next year.

Meticode
05-07-2016, 09:32 PM
It does feel like that in Kyrie's limited playoff experience, he shows up almost every time and his effort defensively picks up. He's surprised me so far this playoffs, I thought he'd hurt us more with his 1-on-1 ball.

NLZ
05-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Kyrie just turned 24 and is coming off of a broken kneecap. This is a silly discussion. It's Irving and it isn't close.

And, btw, for being "trash" defensively, it's weird that the Cavs have a statistically elite defense in fourth quarters (might be tops in the league) and he is always on the floor in fourth quarters. He can compete on that end when he's focused and locked in.

The guy is shooting 55% from three in the playoffs on over 8 attempts per game. He also has one of the best assist-to-turnover ratios in the playoffs (5.1 to 1.6). And, he's still young and learning the game.

If anyone "is what he is," it's Lowry, not Irving... you know, the guy who will be on the wrong side of 30 next year.
WRONG side of 30? He JUST turned 30!

Rocketswin2013
05-07-2016, 09:35 PM
:wtf: No serious person wouldve taken Irving over Lowry throughout the entire season but a handful of games into the playoffs and it's Irving?

edit: when he gets smashed by Lowry in the ECF I will bump this.

Yankstar
05-07-2016, 10:55 PM
:wtf: No serious person wouldve taken Irving over Lowry throughout the entire season but a handful of games into the playoffs and it's Irving?

:roll:

Smashed in the ECF.

Delusional Raptors stans :roll: :roll:

RedBlackAttack
05-07-2016, 10:55 PM

One playoff game is worth 20 regular season games and that disparity in importance gets larger the further you get. So, yes... with the playoffs close to halfway over, player performances do matter more. A lot more.

That's not even mentioning that Kyrie had to use this past regular season as a time to get in shape, get his rhythm back, trust that knee again, build back up his chemistry within the team, etc. He had no offseason, no training camp, no preseason and he missed the first 25 games. You don't just step back on the floor and resume playing at a Team USA-level after an injury like that and without being able to even practice for more than a couple weeks while everyone else is in midseason form.

It wasn't a coincidence that he had his most inconsistent regular season just after breaking his kneecap. He used it for exactly what it should have been used for... as basically his training camp, preseason and as a springboard into the playoffs.

What actually happened is, because of the injury and the time it took to get back to himself again, people forgot how good he is. Now, they're starting to remember.

The guy is averaging 25 points on 60+% TS, 5.1 assists against just 1.6 turnovers and 1.4 steals per game. He has the highest PER in the Eastern Conference playoffs, even higher than LeBron's ridiculous 26.0.

And, to cap it off, Lowry is having a horrible playoffs up until tonight and Irving is a full six years younger than Lowry.

Kyle is a good player. Very good, even. But, when he was Kyrie's age, he had just been traded for Gary Forbes and a pick. He was barely getting 20 minutes a game, let alone performing at the highest level in the most critical moments of playoff games on a title contender.

No disrespect to Kyle Lowry, but Irving is on a different level and his game will only get better over the next 7-10 years. This is the best version of Lowry we'll ever see.

tpols
05-07-2016, 11:04 PM

lol.. we can only hope your b!tchass will stay around for that ass whippin

moongaze
05-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Kyle is a good player. Very good, even. But, when he was Kyrie's age, he had just been traded for Gary Forbes and a pick.

Who?:lol

sundizz
06-14-2016, 01:06 AM
Bump