PDA

View Full Version : Starting my 4th job in the last 7 months.

enayes
05-07-2016, 10:04 PM
I will be starting my 4th job in the last 7 months. Orientation is in a couple weeks. Can anyone beat that streak?

I was not fired from any of the positions, just moving on when I see the company is stagnant.

:pimp:

highwhey
05-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Are you a day laborer?

KNOW1EDGE
05-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Those must have been 4 amazing jobs and you must be a top notch employee

hateraid
05-07-2016, 10:30 PM
My buddy has gone through 4 in the last 2 months. Lol. He's still waiting for back pay from the first job. To make matters worse his family lives in the Phillipines and his wife doesn't work. The guy has left every job due to everyone hates him

Im Still Ballin
05-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Victorious! Victorious!

stalkerforlife
05-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Are you a day laborer?

:lol

What does he mean, "when the company gets stagnant?"

Like...do their checks start bouncing or something? :lol

Draz
05-07-2016, 10:57 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that unless it stretches to the next few years.. Just try to stay with one company but there's nothing wrong being open to other choices and taking your talents to a place with better options

KyrieTheFuture
05-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Dude treats his jobs like his credit cards. I'm sure your resume looks very impressive.

enayes
05-07-2016, 11:11 PM
I've read that's it a quality of the elite.

CEO's and other people in power often have a scattered job history of moving around quickly and always looking for something better.

Too many people settle nowadays. If you're unhappy at your job. Leave.

Proctor
05-07-2016, 11:14 PM
:lol

What does he mean, "when the company gets stagnant?"

Like...do their checks start bouncing or something? :lol
:lol :lol :lol

It's the workplace equivalent of LeBald trying to take over with his jumper.

dazzer87
05-07-2016, 11:50 PM
Sound like you dont even know what you want to with your life (career).... 4 jobs in 7 months...

Draz
05-08-2016, 12:03 AM
Sound like you dont even know what you want to with your life (career).... 4 jobs in 7 months...
There are people who don't have degrees/certified or are skilled tradesmen. With that said, there are plenty of job opportunities that don't require either. Some people can try different careers completely diverse from the last. I'd much rather try 4 different fields. If OP is changing 4 different jobs with similar relations, perhaps he's searching for better pay, better options, can't knock anyone for that. Environment has a big play too on this.. I think OP could be more specific on the jobs though.

Jameerthefear
05-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Well, at least you work. You could be sitting on your ass like Stalker :lol

Tarik One
05-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Or maybe he does know what he wants and hasn't found the right fit. Can't knock him for that. Besides, bills can't pay themselves.

Rocketswin2013
05-08-2016, 12:23 PM
stagnant?

Tarik One
05-08-2016, 12:36 PM
stagnant?
Little opportunity for growth and advancement. In other words, a dead-end job.

Tarik One
05-08-2016, 12:49 PM
stagnant?
Little opportunity for growth and advancement. In other words, a dead-end job.

IcanzIIravor
05-08-2016, 01:32 PM
I will be starting my 4th job in the last 7 months. Orientation is in a couple weeks. Can anyone beat that streak?

I was not fired from any of the positions, just moving on when I see the company is stagnant.

:pimp:

I hope that means you moved on to better paying jobs. Four jobs in seven months, sounds like minimum wage type jobs. Never settle. Gets yours.

Nanners
05-08-2016, 01:37 PM
I've read that's it a quality of the elite.

CEO's and other people in power often have a scattered job history of moving around quickly and always looking for something better.

are you a ceo? :oldlol:

SwayDizzle
05-08-2016, 01:48 PM
take more time to decide on a job you feel will suit you better. be more selective

enayes
05-08-2016, 04:24 PM
I hope that means you moved on to better paying jobs. Four jobs in seven months, sounds like minimum wage type jobs. Never settle. Gets yours.

The jobs have ranged in the $14-16 an hour range.

So nothing great but plenty to live on with my wife working as well.

As most people on this forum know, I'm very good with my money and maximize every dollar I make so $15 an hour for me is the equivalent of $25-30 an hour for most people.

KyrieTheFuture
05-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Lol this ****ing guy

ace23
05-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Dude treats his jobs like his credit cards. I'm sure your resume looks very impressive.
:roll:

sd3035
05-08-2016, 07:57 PM
My buddy has gone through 4 in the last 2 months. Lol. He's still waiting for back pay from the first job. To make matters worse his family lives in the Phillipines and his wife doesn't work. The guy has left every job due to everyone hates him

Is his name Louie?

enayes
05-09-2016, 12:09 AM

My resume doesn't look great.

But my credit card game is on point. I wouldn't change anything there. Just got a $150 bonus last week on one of my new American Express cards.

plowking
05-09-2016, 12:12 AM

:oldlol:

Exactly. No one take this dudes advice please. I know there are impressionable kids on here, so take it from the people who actually work on here, and make a decent living, that this isn't the way to go. Dude talking about "CEO's do it this way"... :oldlol:

enayes
05-09-2016, 12:13 PM
:oldlol:

Exactly. No one take this dudes advice please. I know there are impressionable kids on here, so take it from the people who actually work on here, and make a decent living, that this isn't the way to go. Dude talking about "CEO's do it this way"... :oldlol:

I'm not trying to promote leaving this many jobs in a short span. I felt that it was the right choice for me and I didn't feel bad leaving.

There's nothing wrong with actively searching and applying for jobs while you work a current one. That's how I did it. I waited until I got a job offer and then I'd put in my 2 weeks.

enayes
08-12-2019, 10:39 PM
I've been at the same job now for over 3 years :pimp:

Meticode
08-12-2019, 11:20 PM
When I was in my early 20s my record was five or six jobs in a year. Filling out my taxes with the six W2s sucked.

I've been with the same job for almost 6 years now.

GimmeThat
08-13-2019, 02:53 AM
after being type casted, finally, categorizing types shows ones resourcefulness

old school mentality tells me, that old cow in which stop giving us milk, gets slaughtered