PDA

View Full Version : Durant this season isn't really utilized optimally.

Underrated KD
05-08-2016, 03:04 PM
bdreason wrote a great post about him and honestly I have to agree especially with the bolded part.

What happened to KD? I swear this guy used to ooze confidence and just bury teams with his offense. I think he's way too focused on being a 'complete' player now. If I'm coaching KD, I want him taking every half-open shot he gets against this Spurs defense... not swinging the ball cross-court to get Ibaka a semi-contested 3-point shot. They have fukking Danny Green guarding him. Green is a good defender, but Durant can rise up and shoot over him whenever he wants. Pop is daring Durant to drop 50 by not even bothering to guard him with the DPOY. If I'm Durant, that's a slap in the face.

This season Durant has been trying to be a more complete player by passing the ball more and involving his teammates more but to be honest it's obvious this isn't the right way to get optimal use of Durant's amazing and rare talent in scoring. He isn't the same scoring machine he once was before the injury. I understand that he needs to help his teammates and give them more shots but honestly in most cases, it's really better if Durant takes as many shots as possible. At least 25 shots per game.

This is also the coach's responsibility imo.

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2016, 03:05 PM
"isn't really utilized optimally" ? Its him, hes not making the best of what he has / can do.. which is sad bcuz of how ****ing good he was in 2014, or even '12-'13 years.

Underrated KD
05-08-2016, 03:10 PM
"isn't really utilized optimally" ? Its him, hes not making the best of what he has / can do.. which is sad bcuz of how ****ing good he was in 2014, or even '12-'13 years.

I agree. He deserves some blame but don't you think his coach should notice this and make the best use of him? It's on both imo. Durant and Donovan. Maybe Donovan is telling him to involve his teammates more? And that's wrong obviously when he pass it to Waiters to shot for example instead of him taking the shot.

Mike smith
05-08-2016, 03:21 PM
Problem for thunder they don't have another ball handler like years passed they just have Durant and Westbrook. And none of the bigs can really create there own show except for the occasional kanter post up. So he has to create more for his teamates.