PDA

View Full Version : Will any team in the East Pose a threat to the Cavs?

bluechox2
05-08-2016, 06:53 PM
:facepalm
Celtics could have won atleast one game for sure vs them...
Heat getting banged up
Raptors will be Dino meat for sure

Fuc king joke

derb2k2
05-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Nope. Shit's a lost cause in the east now. Lebron gon' cruise into Finals again. :rant :rant

oh the horror
05-08-2016, 06:55 PM
Toronto will get swept. Make no mistake about that.

Miami has crafty enough veterans to get a game on them but make no mistake. That shit will probably be over in 5.

After this display eastern teams need to start thinking about what they're going to do because it's been awful to watch for several seasons now.

Miami vs Cavs would have been cool with a healthy Bosh. Without him? They don't stand a chance. Wade va Bron will make the narrative more interesting but Cavs fans at this point don't fear any of those teams.

KingPush
05-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Knicks

Young X
05-08-2016, 07:06 PM
No. There's no team that can give them a fight and no player that can stand up to Lebron.

It makes you appreciate the 2008-2012 era before Rose got injured, Dwight left Orlando and the Celtics were still together. Back when there was at least semi-competitive basketball with great players in both conferences.

These playoffs have been so boring, there's no teams that can at least threaten these top teams and be competitive.

Ben Simmons
05-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Nope

ScalsFan21
05-08-2016, 07:47 PM
The answer is no. There is flat-out no genuine parity in the league. In football or baseball, if you're a fan of a lesser team, you still can have some hope that you can get a few breaks and things can go your way.

In basketball, it is LITERALLY impossible to beat a somewhat healthy Warriors, Spurs or Cavs unless you're the Warriors, Spurs or Cavs. Flat out can't be done. The Cavs will lose a maximum of 1 game in the East. LeBeast is flat-out too good for any of these teams to even make these series competitive.

I'm not sure if the way it is in the NBA is better (best team almost always winning with rare exception), or if it's better to have a more open playing field, more league parity, but you run into a lot of "hot at the right time" chips in the other two sports.

Hockey I'm not a fan so I can't really speak to that, but like... the NBA equivalent of the San Francisco Giants would have never won 3 chips in 5 years. They probably wouldn't have made an appearance in the championship. The 2006 Cardinals are another one.

The stacked nature of the top part of the NBA only further stokes that desire for guys to team up, too, so this isn't something that's just going to go away. It is what it is.

GrapeApe
05-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Unlikely. A healthy Heat could have given the Cavs some problems, but with no Bosh and now Whiteside's health being uncertain, they'll probably lose to the Cavs in 5 should they get past Toronto.

Optimus Prime
05-08-2016, 08:45 PM
No. The Least is a joke. Yet another free ticket to the Finals for LeCollusion. :facepalm

moongaze
05-08-2016, 10:29 PM
The question should be, can any team in the East win a playoff game against them. Golden state and spurs only team that stand a chance and I wouldn't be surprised if the cavs swept the spurs

jbryan1984
05-08-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm not counting my chickens just yet. In 2009, it went EXACTLY the same way it has now. We swept the Pistons. We swept the Hawks. Everyone believed we would win it all. LeBron, Mo, Delonte, Andy, Z, Wallace, Wally, Boobie, rookie JJ Hickson. Remember that team? 66 wins.

Crazy that was 7 years ago.

This year does feel different though. It be crazy if we can make it to the finals undefeated.

moongaze
05-08-2016, 11:50 PM
I'm not counting my chickens just yet. In 2009, it went EXACTLY the same way it has now. We swept the Pistons. We swept the Hawks. Everyone believed we would win it all. LeBron, Mo, Delonte, Andy, Z, Wallace, Wally, Boobie, rookie JJ Hickson. Remember that team? 66 wins.

This year does feel different though. It be crazy if we can make it to the finals undefeated.

This team is way better and would sweep that cavs team

SilkkTheShocker
05-09-2016, 12:58 AM

The 2nd and 3rd options on that team were mo f'n Williams and old big z.

NBAGOAT
05-09-2016, 01:20 AM
toronto or miami could take a game with a ridiculous game from their stars and bad shooting from the cavs but even that seems unlikely.

Cleverness
05-09-2016, 01:27 AM
This team is way better and would sweep that cavs team

this. hell, even last year without K Love and Irving hurt for ECF they swept their way to the finals

MMM
05-09-2016, 01:34 AM
I don't think Mia/Tor are going to win a game against them either. The more interesting question for me is who eventually beats the Cavs in the East?

It's depressing to think about but there really isn't a legit contender to them on the horizon. I guess if KD comes East or if Simmons/Ingram end up in the East and become stars in 2-3 years

Gileraracer
05-09-2016, 07:26 AM
Celtics: no business beeing in the POs
Hawks: absolute joke
Heat / Raptors: absolute joke

Damn East is a fvcking disgrace

SilkkTheShocker
05-09-2016, 07:32 AM
Unlikely. A healthy Heat could have given the Cavs some problems, but with no Bosh and now Whiteside's health being uncertain, they'll probably lose to the Cavs in 5 should they get past Toronto.

Either team is getting swept by CLE in the next round.

Real14
05-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Hell naw

ezzy
05-09-2016, 09:52 AM
The east was stronger this year, in some ways tougher than the west in the regular season.

But as I always say - regular season means nothing.

Playoffs are a different beast and some good east teams choked in the playoffs. Either too new, badly coached, or banged up. Just no killer like James.

This is the Cavs year. I've seen it all year - 73 wins means nothing, health and shooting mean everything. Cavs have health and shooting this year, after nearly beating Warriors without either last year.

The west is overrated. Has been for a few years now.

Blue&Orange
05-09-2016, 10:40 AM
The real question is, will more of Lebron competition get injured?

Because he hasn't easy enough already.