PDA

View Full Version : I thought Lebron ball made his teammates worse.

livinglegend
05-08-2016, 08:17 PM
He turns everyone into spot up shooters ( I hardly see guys like Kyrie, Thompson, Delly being spot up shooters :biggums: )
He dribbles the ball for 20 seconds each possession ( I don't see that happening also. Cavs are moving the ball really well:biggums: ).
He steals the rebounds from his bigs ( Love and Thompson are averaging high rebounding numbers :biggums: )

What's happening? ISH experts were wrong? Again?

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 08:20 PM
he's playing differently. He's not trying to be the point guard nearly as much

Kyrie leads the team in usage, and with that they are playing the best ball they've played in two years.

So thanks for pointing out that this team is better when Kyrie has the ball in his hands more and leads the team is Usage

:lol :lol

ShawkFactory
05-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Just depends on how his supporting cast plays. If they don't play well it's Lebron balls fault.

If they do play well he's being carried.

The same logic works in the opposite direction with Lebron stans though so who cares.

Ben Simmons
Just depends on how his supporting cast plays. If they don't play well it's Lebron balls fault.

If they do play well he's being carried.

The same logic works in the opposite direction with Lebron stans though so who cares.
Basically.

JohnMax
LeDecline can no longer shoot or blow by bigger defenders.

livinglegend
05-08-2016, 08:32 PM

Kyrie leads the team in usage, and with that they are playing the best ball they've played in two years.

So thanks for pointing out that this team is better when Kyrie has the ball in his hands more and leads the team is Usage

So, he turned Wade into a spot up shooter?

FKAri
05-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Lebron turns his teammates into Gods. But since Lebron himself sits atop Mount Olympus his blinding brilliance makes them look bad when they are beside him.

KingPush
05-08-2016, 08:43 PM

Yet Lebron still leads the team in assists :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Yet Lebron still leads the team in assists :oldlol:

cool, Kobe led his team in assist for 5 titles.

KingPush
05-08-2016, 08:56 PM
cool, Kobe led his team in assist for 5 titles.
Not surprised since he hogged the ball 24/7

Kiddlovesnets
05-08-2016, 08:57 PM
Lebron makes scrubs/role teammates better, but makes superstar/allstar teammates worse.

Lebronxrings
05-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Lebron makes scrubs/role teammates better, but makes superstar/allstar teammates worse.
not true at all

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Not surprised since he hogged the ball 24/7

the irony of this statement, considering what you just used to prop up lebron in your last post, is unbelievable :oldlol: :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
05-08-2016, 08:59 PM
It's May 2016. This is some 2014 shit you're spewing.

Cali Syndicate
05-08-2016, 09:01 PM
So, he turned Wade into a spot up shooter?

I you dont understand how the dynamic in playing off each other is different between Lebron and wade vs Lebron and Kyrie, then you really dont understand basketball.

Kiddlovesnets
05-08-2016, 09:04 PM
not true at all

Well Lebron does make Wade, Bosh, Love and Irving worse, because Lebron's system does not work well with a ball handler or an inside scorer. Those star players have to make compromises and play a style they aint familiar or comfortable with, thereby making themselves worse.

However, Lebron's system is better fitted with rebounders and 3point shooters. There is a reason why the likes of Shane Battier, Chris Anderson, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson flourish with Lebron.

livinglegend
05-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Well Lebron does make Wade, Bosh, Love and Irving worse, because Lebron's system does not work well with a ball handler or an inside scorer. Those star players have to make compromises and play a style they aint familiar or comfortable with, thereby making themselves worse.

However, Lebron's system is better fitted with rebounders and 3point shooters. There is a reason why the likes of Shane Battier, Chris Anderson, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson flourish with Lebron.

He didn't make wade, Irving or Bosh worse. Even Love is starting to play better.
THeir ppg dropped only because they weren't 1st option anymore.
They had less touches.

KingPush
05-08-2016, 09:16 PM
the irony of this statement, considering what you just used to prop up lebron in your last post, is unbelievable :oldlol: :oldlol:
What?

You said Kyrie had the highest usage on the team and I replied saying that Lebron still lead the team in assists...

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 09:21 PM
What?

You said Kyrie had the highest usage on the team and I replied saying that Lebron still lead the team in assists...

Kobe didn't lead all of those teams in usage, just like Lebron right now, he led the team in assist, but not usage. However, according to you it's a good thing when Lebron does it, but when Kobe does it he's a ballhog

KingPush
05-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Kobe didn't lead all of those teams in usage, just like Lebron right now, he led the team in assist, but not usage. However, according to you it's a good thing when Lebron does it, but when Kobe does it he's a ballhog
Which years did he lead and which years did he not?

LBJ 23
05-08-2016, 09:25 PM

Cuz they played so much together in the last year's playoffs to give us a perfect sample size :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Which years did he lead and which years did he not?

Why would that matter? If he was leading his team in assist and not usage, then how is he a ballhog while Lebron isn't a ballhog for doing the exact same thing?

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Cuz they played so much together in the last year's playoffs to give us a perfect sample size :facepalm

uhh the cavs are playing better in these past 8 games than they have at anytime in the past two years during the regular season.

Hey Yo
05-08-2016, 09:33 PM

Before today's game:

Usage%

Kyrie - 29.2
LeBron - 28.8

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2016.html

Jesus, look at that difference!!

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/jesus_facepalm.jpg

LBJ 23
05-08-2016, 09:35 PM
uhh the cavs are playing better in these past 8 games than they have at anytime in the past two years during the regular season.

What a surprise, it's postseason when usually all players step up a notch, it's their second season together with great chemistry and finally they are all healthy in the playoffs(for now). Again, what a surprise to see them play best bball till now.

tmacattack33
05-08-2016, 09:35 PM
He turns everyone into spot up shooters ( I hardly see guys like Kyrie, Thompson, Delly being spot up shooters :biggums: )
He dribbles the ball for 20 seconds each possession ( I don't see that happening also. Cavs are moving the ball really well:biggums: ).
He steals the rebounds from his bigs ( Love and Thompson are averaging high rebounding numbers :biggums: )

What's happening? ISH experts were wrong? Again?

You mean 3-ball?

KingPush
05-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Why would that matter? If he was leading his team in assist and not usage, then how is he a ballhog while Lebron isn't a ballhog for doing the exact same thing?
Post the years, boy.

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Post the years, boy.

try to explain your double standard here :oldlol: :oldlol:

KingPush
05-08-2016, 09:41 PM
False once again. You dont even watch these teams so why do you even talk about them?

They looked even better when they went on 33-6 stretch after the Mozgov/shump/JR trade

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 09:42 PM
Before today's game:

Usage%

Kyrie - 29.2
LeBron - 28.8

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2016.html

Jesus, look at that difference!!

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/jesus_facepalm.jpg

yeah and how many times in Lebron's career has he played in a way which allowed another player to get that close to his usage? 2011, and that is skewed because Lebron decided to go ghost in the finals.

He's playing differently, he's putting more trust in teammates to get it done.

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
False once again. You dont even watch these teams so why do you even talk about them?

They looked even better when they went on 33-6 stretch after the Mozgov/shump/JR trade

i'm still waiting for you to explain how its a good thing for Lebron to lead his team in assist but not usage and how its a bad thing for Kobe to do the exact same thing

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

KingPush
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
i'm still waiting for you to explain how its a good thing for Lebron to lead his team in assist but not usage and how its a bad thing for Kobe to do the exact same thing

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
Wtf are you talking about? I said the only reason Kobe leads in assists is because he dominates the ball while Lebron isnt. Post the usage rates that i've been asking for 5 posts ago :oldlol:

Hey Yo
05-08-2016, 09:58 PM
yeah and how many times in Lebron's career has he played in a way which allowed another player to get that close to his usage? 2011, and that is skewed because Lebron decided to go ghost in the finals.

He's playing differently, he's putting more trust in teammates to get it done.
Maybe because this is the first time he's played with a legit PG who can create for himself while being a very good player at the same time? Kevin Love battling for rebounds and also posting up that Bosh barely did.

Plus with this being James' 13th season, the extended mileage and not having to run the offense most of the time.....I would guess this is more than welcoming to him not having to lead his team (so far) in scoring, rebounds and assists for the 5th straight postseason.

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Wtf are you talking about? I said the only reason Kobe leads in assists is because he dominates the ball while Lebron isnt. Post the usage rates that i've been asking for 5 posts ago :oldlol:

wait how is Kobe ballhoging if he isn't leading the team in usage? holy shit you can't even follow your own logic :oldlol: :oldlol:

so i guess all of those year that Lebron led his team in assist & usage he was being a ball hog?? thanks for clarifying

sd3035
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM
It does, they're just way better than him :applause: :applause: :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Maybe because this is the first time he's played with a legit PG who can create for himself while being a very good player at the same time? Kevin Love battling for rebounds and also posting up that Bosh barely did.

its not the first time he's played with a legit guard who can create for himself while being a very good player at the same time lmao

KingPush
05-08-2016, 10:04 PM
wait how is Kobe ballhoging if he isn't leading the team in usage? holy shit you can't even follow your own logic :oldlol: :oldlol:

so i guess all of those year that Lebron led his team in assist & usage he was being a ball hog?? thanks for clarifying
I've been asking you which years he didn't lead the team in usage yet you keep deflecting :facepalm

Hey Yo
05-08-2016, 10:05 PM
its not the first time he's played with a legit guard who can create for himself while being a very good player at the same time lmao
Not my fault you don't understand or see the difference between SG Wade and PG Irving.

Hey Yo
05-08-2016, 10:09 PM
I've been asking you which years he didn't lead the team in usage yet you keep deflecting :facepalm
2009 postseason

Kobe usuage% - 32.9

Next closest was Pau - 18.8

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 10:11 PM

if your criteria for this was consistent none of that would be relevant.

If Lebron leads his team in usage and assist, is he a ball hog?

I think this is hilarious, you can't even stay consistent on anything along with the rest of lebrons fan base here.

stalkerforlife
05-08-2016, 10:13 PM

And the thread was ended with the first reply.

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 10:16 PM
2009 postseason

Kobe usuage% - 32.9

Next closest was Pau - 18.8

you can't follow the convo can you?

Kobe has three years where he won rings, led the team in assist, but didn't lead them in usage.

Apparently this makes him a ball hog, but when Lebron does it, its a great thing..

Lebrons usage last year in the playoffs was 37.9, next highest was Jr with 18.6, so if Kobe's a ballhog, then so is Lebron :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
05-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Not my fault you don't understand or see the difference between SG Wade and PG Irving.

so according to you, Wade can't create for himself while being a good player

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Bankaii
05-08-2016, 10:19 PM
you can't follow the convo can you?

Kobe has three years where he won rings, led the team in assist, but didn't lead them in usage.

Apparently this makes him a ball hog, but when Lebron does it, its a great thing..

Lebrons usage last year in the playoffs was 37.9, next highest was Jr with 18.6, so if Kobe's a ballhog, then so is Lebron :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:
I don't think you know what usage is.

Hey Yo
05-08-2016, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=TheMarkMadsen]you can't follow the convo can you?

What years?

Since when is 18.6 considered higher than 23.0?

Your trolling is slacking, brah.

Hey Yo
05-08-2016, 10:48 PM
so according to you, Wade can't create for himself while being a good player

:oldlol: :oldlol:
According to you, Wade and Kyrie play the same style game.

:hammerhead:

KingPush
05-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Markmadsen hold this L :oldlol: