PDA

View Full Version : Gotta give props to Westbrook...

stalkerforlife
05-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Yes, he was 5-18...but he played differently tonight. 30+ shots like the last game is unacceptable. He had 15 dimes and only 3 turnovers, but most importantly Durant took 7 more shots than him not including all the free throws.

Westbrook needs to calm his ass down and continue playing like this. Pass first, shoot second. Get guys like Ibaka and Kanter in a rhythm so they can hit big shots down the stretch when needed.

Hopefully it was Donovan in his ear letting him know the deal, but Westbrook probably just does what he wants depending on his mood. :lol

Gilles Simon
05-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Russell was an underrated part of that incredible last quarter. :applause:

That steal. Those rebounds. That play where Dion got the time out. :bowdown:

stalkerforlife
05-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Russell was an underrated part of that incredible last quarter. :applause:

That steal. Those rebounds. That play where Dion got the time out. :bowdown:

For sure.

You could see he was dialed back, but still aggressive in other areas.

imdaman99
05-08-2016, 10:48 PM
He said after last game he did a bad job. Too many shots. He said he has to do a better job of getting the team involved. And he did. You're right though, he's the kinda guy if he has his mind made up he can have 15 assists. OKC is clearly better when he's droppin dimes, but it helps when everyone is making their shots. KD was nuts tonight.

Gilles Simon
05-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Assists:

Spurs 12
Russell Westbrook 15

:applause:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Yeah lets see how long it lasts
his defense was still terrible for the most part but he had 2 nice plays

knicksman
05-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Knowing westbrooks iq. He will revert back to playing lebron ball

ninephive
05-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Yes, he was 5-18...but he played differently tonight. 30+ shots like the last game is unacceptable. He had 15 dimes and only 3 turnovers, but most importantly Durant took 7 more shots than him not including all the free throws.

Westbrook needs to calm his ass down and continue playing like this. Pass first, shoot second. Get guys like Ibaka and Kanter in a rhythm so they can hit big shots down the stretch when needed.

Hopefully it was Donovan in his ear letting him know the deal, but Westbrook probably just does what he wants depending on his mood. :lol
Lol, praising 5-18 performances and wondering why this team will never get close to winning a title.

ScalsFan21
05-09-2016, 12:31 PM
I still have the same negative feelings about Russell as I've always had, but I have to admit... he didn't screw it up last night. It took a ton of bench contributions to win that game, plus KD going ballistic in the second half, but he did a decent job facilitating. Made a couple of nice defensive plays. Didn't make momentum crippling mistakes in the last few minutes.

Spurs in 6, but I can honestly say I was surprised Westbrook put the team ahead of himself for a few minutes of a game in time to let KD and the guys get them that win. He played okay, it's just not something he's wired to be able to sustain IMO. And SA's big 2 is presumably going to wake up down the stretch of next game if Leonard really wants to be considered the best player in this series, which I think he is.

r0drig0lac
05-09-2016, 12:32 PM
agree

SpaceJam
05-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Lol, praising 5-18 performances and wondering why this team will never get close to winning a title.

I wanted Spurs to take this series, but after all your posts when OKC evened it up, I hope Westbrook and KD take it. Gonna be a funny aftermath from you :oldlol:

BlakFrankWhite
05-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Props??

He was fkin ballin out there! Got more assists than the entire Spurs lineup.

pedromarinho
05-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Knowing westbrooks iq. He will revert back to playing lebron ball
dis

Fudge
05-09-2016, 01:43 PM
Props??

He was fkin ballin out there! Got more assists than the entire Spurs lineup.
Spurs team*

ninephive
05-09-2016, 02:52 PM
I wanted Spurs to take this series, but after all your posts when OKC evened it up, I hope Westbrook and KD take it. Gonna be a funny aftermath from you :oldlol:
Rent free