PDA

View Full Version : Does 29yr old UFA Al Horford re-sign with Atlanta?

Hey Yo
05-09-2016, 10:33 AM
They do have the cap space to sign him to the max if ATL chooses to do.

This is from the article:

"Although he may have played his last game in a Hawks uniform, on Sunday night Horford just wanted to think about one more team meeting. The Hawks will have exit interviews and locker clean out on Monday.

Duderonomy
05-09-2016, 10:50 AM
It would be better if Atlanta moved on. If the Celtics sign him to a reasonable deal that would be a good fit. Just my humble opinion.

HurricaneKid
05-09-2016, 10:58 AM
NO ONE is signing any "reasonable deals" this offseason. The list of teams that would gladly offer him a max deal is a lengthy one.

He turns 30 in less than a month.

Klay 3D
05-09-2016, 10:59 AM
It would be better if Atlanta moved on. If the Celtics sign him to a reasonable deal that would be a good fit. Just my humble opinion.
Celtics wouldn't get any better really. If they can sign both him and KD though...

Ca$H
05-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Lakers should target Horford and Batum.

Russell
Clarkson
Batum
Randle
Horford

ClipperRevival
The Hawks are the perfect example of a very good/solid team that just can't go any further because they don't have that one star. It just proves that the NBA is a different monster from other sports. You truly need "the man" on your team to win rings because that one star can literally impose his will on the game in stretches and help you get over that hump. All that ball movement stuff can only get you so far. You need that one guy in clutch situations, when the D is set where your star can create his own shot or create for others.

bigkingsfan
Lakers should target Horford and Batum.

Russell
Clarkson
Batum
Randle
Horford
I like it.

IcanzIIravor
05-09-2016, 11:05 AM

Agree. Better to look at overhauling that roster and getting in some younger and fresher blood. For someone of his talent his game is painful to watch. I think he has reached his ceiling and it just isn't enough for the amount of money he will be looking to get from them.

Hey Yo
05-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Agree. Better to look at overhauling that roster and getting in some younger and fresher blood. For someone of his talent his game is painful to watch. I think he has reached his ceiling and it just isn't enough for the amount of money he will be looking to get from them.
Could be right.

This season he avg. 15-7-3 with 1.5 blocks at 32mpg

Him on a team with more talent and better shooters, more than likely causes his stats (FGA) to drop, except maybe he'd avg. more rebounds per game.

MiseryCityTexas
05-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Hell No. Horford's been forced to play out of position his whole career in Atlanta, and he even said it himself that he wants to go back to his natural power forward position, and openly hates playing at the center position.

Prime_Shaq
05-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Its best for both parties if they part ways.

Derka
05-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Wouldn't give him the max in Boston because he's not The Guy that we're missing. He's not even One Of The Guys that we're missing...he's just a guy who, adding him to the current roster, doesn't move the needle all that much. Some other pieces would have to be dealt to bring in one or two other needle movers for Horford to be a good idea. Furthermore, I don't think Horford is the guy who makes other free agents look at the landscape and say "Okay, Boston is serious here. I'm gonna sign there."

But as someone already said in here...someone's going to give him the max and if he gets it, good for him.

miggyme1
05-09-2016, 12:43 PM
I never seen a team be so consistent for so long and never become dominant. Can anybody think of a team that has been like these hawks ?

Hawks have been a mainstay in the playoffs since I believe the 08 season...haven't missed the playoffs since 07.......one of the more consistent teams in the time period but never found the ingredient to become dominant.

Just hard to attract stars there

KelticForce1349
05-09-2016, 12:50 PM
What about a sign and trade deal with Chicago for guys like Mirotic and ....Dunleavy? It would be interesting to see Horford and Noah paired up once again. Mirotic is a prospect.

Do the Hawks need to unload somebody else to make a fair deal between the teams?

Steven Kerry
05-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Warriors should go for him if they don't get Durant.

dubnation
05-09-2016, 01:05 PM
The Hawks are the perfect example of a very good/solid team that just can't go any further because they don't have that one star. It just proves that the NBA is a different monster from other sports. You truly need "the man" on your team to win rings because that one star can literally impose his will on the game in stretches and help you get over that hump. All that ball movement stuff can only get you so far. You need that one guy in clutch situations, when the D is set where your star can create his own shot or create for others.

Pretty much. That's why it's mind-blowing that baseball stars still get paid more than NBA stars, when one guy in the NBA can make all the difference in the world.

Jasper
05-09-2016, 08:59 PM
Nice fit with Spurs.

NBAGOAT
05-09-2016, 09:31 PM
I never seen a team be so consistent for so long and never become dominant. Can anybody think of a team that has been like these hawks ?

Hawks have been a mainstay in the playoffs since I believe the 08 season...haven't missed the playoffs since 07.......one of the more consistent teams in the time period but never found the ingredient to become dominant.

Just hard to attract stars there

80's Bucks were better but that's the best example I could think of. Roster was constantly changing too just like for the Hawks. Maybe 00's Jazz too with Deron/Boozer but that was only like 4 years.

eliteballer
05-10-2016, 12:30 AM
Pretty much. That's why it's mind-blowing that baseball stars still get paid more than NBA stars, when one guy in the NBA can make all the difference in the world.

Baseball plays twice as many games in bigger stadiums, that's why they get paid more.

As for Horford he's not going to be worth whatever he's asking for to Atlanta.

For a team on the cusp he might be.