PDA

View Full Version : Trade Lamarcus Aldridge for Draymond Green: Which team is better?

hateraid
05-09-2016, 02:57 PM
So Aldridge is on Golden State and San Antonio has Green.

Which team is better?

leMVP
05-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Kawhi, Dray and Green on same team?

that's on helluva defence.

dubnation
05-09-2016, 03:00 PM
Interesting question... I'm lead toward SA with Green. He'd bolster their already incredible defense, and his playmaking ability would fit well on offense as well. I don't see LMA being a great fit on the Warriors with his long two pointer shot jacking.

ScalsFan21
05-09-2016, 03:00 PM
So Aldridge is on Golden State and San Antonio has Green.

Which team is better?

Current GS I think is a good amount better, but with this deal, the gap would certainly close IMO... Dray and Claw on the same team under Pop... :bowdown:

Underrated KD
05-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Interesting question... I'm lead toward SA with Green. He'd bolster their already incredible defense, and his playmaking ability would fit well on offense as well. I don't see LMA being a great fit on the Warriors with his long two pointer shot jacking.

Yup.

lilteapot
05-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Any team Green goes to.

ScalsFan21
05-09-2016, 03:04 PM
What a lot of people have trouble realizing is that Draymond Green is a lock top 10 impact in the game, probably closer to the 6-7 range. A good amount better than Westbrook, Lillard, Thompson, Aldridge, and similarly-tiered players.

Dr Seuss
05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
tough question. both teams would have to severely change the way they run their offense if they replaced one another. for the spurs, you get a better version of diaw, but LMA is their go-to guy in the post. if you need a basket, you throw it to him in the low post and let him go to work. hes not much of a play maker outside of the elbow.

for gsw, you now have a go-to scorer from the block. he would really open up things for shooters, if defenders decide not to play him 1 on 1. but you lose the passing from the perimeter that green provides, which really opens up the game for the rest of the team because of how well GSW moves off the ball.

Haymaker
05-09-2016, 03:17 PM
What a lot of people have trouble realizing is that Draymond Green is a lock top 10 impact in the game, probably closer to the 6-7 range. A good amount better than Westbrook, Lillard, Thompson, Aldridge, and similarly-tiered players.

He benefits from the Warriors system. I can't picture him being as successful/impactful in another team.

Haymaker
05-09-2016, 03:23 PM
That being said, I'd love to see him playing in the Olympic team.

Steven Kerry
05-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Green is like super Diaw. He would be an amazing fit on the Spurs. Easily Green over Aldridge.

ScalsFan21
05-09-2016, 03:54 PM
He benefits from the Warriors system. I can't picture him being as successful/impactful in another team.

I mean he certainly wouldn't lead the league in +/- without the Warriors system and stacked team, and much like most of his teammates, this is the ideal spot for him to play, but I think his style absolutely lends itself to contending for/winning titles in today's game in ways that his competition for "best NBA big" are not capable of.

j3lademaster
05-09-2016, 04:03 PM
LMA's defense is getting underrated here. He's by no means all time elite level, but his incredible length alone bothers shots at the rim; and his mobility weakness is covered by a horns spread and Danny G and Kawhi Leonard's abilities to cover insane amounts of space. Swap them and spurs don't get get much better defensively and lose a reliable low post scorer who is a go-to weapon in the playoffs.

GS get much worse defensively and a little worse offensively, because they get more from Green's passing and playmaking than LMA's low post scoring, iso faceups and midrangers off the PNR. Plus Kerr doesn't have the leadership of Pop, so you need Green to be the vocal and emotional leader.

Bad swap for both teams, you don't touch 73 and 67 win teams who are this good and expect to get any better; but if it did happen I'd expect Spurs to be a little bit better.

Fire Colangelo
05-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Both teams get worse IMO.

Green benefits a TON from playing with Steph and Klay, and the Warriors system overall. The Warriors have guys like Steph and Klay where you have to double team and sometimes triple team, and this leaves a LOT of room for Green to operate. He won't get that on the Spurs.

The Sours have decent/good ball movement, but nobody outside of Kawhi commands a double team. Sure their defense probably gets better but their offense will suffer IMO, especially in a playoff environment. We're talking about a guy who constantly steps his game up in the playoffs in Alridge. Not to mention Green's personality/character probably doesn't fit very well within the Spurs culture.

On the other hand, Alridge really doesn't fit in with the Warriors style of play either. They'll miss Green's playmaking, defense and versatility.