PDA

View Full Version : Where was this version of Wade w/ LeBron?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Honest question. :confusedshrug:

Outside of 2011, its the best dude has looked since the 2012 regular-season/2013 game win-streak.

THIS was the Wade I actually used to be a fan of. Not the bizzaro version only playing for whistles.

Springsteen
05-09-2016, 11:07 PM
I'll sum up this thread for you

"He's free of Lebronball dur dur dur"

"look at these kobe stats though"

"look at these lebron stats"

rinse and repeat

TheMarkMadsen
05-09-2016, 11:09 PM
he was still really good in the 2012 post season, but yeah, he looks really good so far in the playoffs

Bankaii
05-09-2016, 11:09 PM
What a great thread, I'm sure the responses will be so insightful.

And acting as if Wade didn't have huge/clutch moments and games from 2011-2013 is just plain idiocy.

SilkkTheShocker
05-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Wade was close to this in 2011. But sadly, he tried to take over in the Finals and couldn't get the job done. Thankfully LeBron took the team over and they started winning titles. And by 2014, Wade played so bad that the Heat never had a chance of beating the spurs

Cold soul
05-09-2016, 11:12 PM
Wade looks best to me in these playoffs since 2011 even better than his 2012 run.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-09-2016, 11:12 PM
he was still really good in the 2012 post season, but yeah, he looks really good so far in the playoffs

Yeah, I actually meant the postseason (he was better during the 2013 r/s than in 2012).

Dude never played this great those last 2 postseason runs Miami had before Bron bolted. Its crazy.

What a great thread, I'm sure the responses will be so insightful.

And acting as if Wade didn't have huge/clutch moments and games from 2011-2013 is just plain idiocy.

What? I never said or implied any of that you f*cking imbecile. :oldlol:

inclinerator
05-09-2016, 11:14 PM
obviosuly got lazy and relied on lebron

34-24 Footwork
Dwayne Wade is a proven winner before the turn of the current decade. Respect that..

Wade has nothing else to prove, in my opinion.

Vragrant
Two reasons

1)He's healthy

2)He actually has a chance to handle the ball. With Lebron he had to completely revamp his game as an off the ball player.

SouBeachTalents
Wade was close to this in 2011. But sadly, he tried to take over in the Finals and couldn't get the job done. Thankfully LeBron took the team over and they started winning titles. And by 2014, Wade played so bad that the Heat never had a chance of beating the spurs

LeBron stans always claim this, yet Wade's PPG, APG, FGA & USG% in the Finals were all nearly identical to his regular season numbers

FKAri
05-09-2016, 11:16 PM
He's carrying the offensive load so he "looks" better but with the Heat he was relied upon heavily on the defensive end so he wasn't as fresh on O. His defense, especially in 2011 was amazing and crucial.

SilkkTheShocker
05-09-2016, 11:16 PM
LeBron stans always claim this, yet Wade's PPG, APG, FGA & USG% in the Finals were all nearly identical to his regular season numbers

It's not a claim. He tried to take the team over in the Finals, and they ended up losing the Finals. Sucks it happened. But at least Wade learned the error of his ways. And sat there and took in the a.ss when LeBron took over franchise and city and started winning titles :applause:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Mitigated to an offball cutter and shooter
Couldn't play HIS game

Let bosh tell ya

Bosh also warned Kevin Love, who like Bosh will have to relinquish touches and perhaps change his style of play now that he

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-09-2016, 11:19 PM
He's carrying the offensive load so he "looks" better but with the Heat he was relied upon heavily on the defensive end so he wasn't as fresh on O. His defense, especially in 2011 was amazing and crucial.

That last possession on Lowry before OT. :applause:

He's looked pretty good on defense these playoffs as well.

jrong
05-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Kind of hard when LeBron was doing Wade's job. This version of Wade couldn't emerge if LeBron was here.

It is hard to play second option when you're a first option talent. Look at LeBron in the 2011 Finals. Wade handled it as well as anyone could and did so by maximizing his efficiency, but he just wasn't healthy in the 2013 and 2014 playoffs.

greatest-ever
05-09-2016, 11:23 PM
He actually did have his moments in the playoffs from 2012-2014 like his games 4-6 against Indiana in 2012 where he helped take over the series, his game 4 against the Spurs in 2013 and his Pacers series in 2014. Health and being in better shape is a big reason for it though, in 2013 he dealt with bone bruises all playoffs, as for 2014...idk i think he was out of shape and ran out of gas in the finals.

Tarik One
05-09-2016, 11:24 PM
Someone advised him to drop the extra weight (including muscle) which was putting too much stress on his knees. He's also been a lot more agile since.

plowking
05-09-2016, 11:25 PM
I think it actually had a lot to do with Bron.

The team gets complacent when you have Bron on there. For as much as I have been shitting on him lately due to the Bron trolls on here, the guy on Miami was so good, that I think it allowed Wade, a few other guys, and even management to get comfortable, and not focus so much on getting better.

I know people like to pretend 2013 Wade was top notch still against the Spurs, but the facts are that he was utter trash that series. I'm not sure what he averaged those finals (19ppg maybe?), but there is a huge difference in his play. I honestly believe he was a net negative a lot of the times on court even in 2013, while in 2014 it was definitely the case.

Dude is just healthy, and freeing up the court more for his teammates. I think in 2013 and 2014 when he was injured, his stats were more a culmination of putting them up because of his ego, and because of what is expected. Now the points are actually a result of hard work, and doing the right things on the court. Not just cherry picking. He is making the game easier for everyone out there, and that wasn't the case in 13 and 14 IMO.

PJR
05-09-2016, 11:38 PM
It's not a claim. He tried to take the team over in the Finals, and they ended up losing the Finals. Sucks it happened. But at least Wade learned the error of his ways. And sat there and took in the a.ss when LeBron took over franchise and city and started winning titles :applause:

Or LeBron scored nearly 10 points below his regular season average, including an 8 point game in game 4, thus sabotaging the team.

We can pull those receipts, playa. It's on tape.

Micku
05-09-2016, 11:41 PM

The team gets complacent when you have Bron on there. For as much as I have been shitting on him lately due to the Bron trolls on here, the guy on Miami was so good, that I think it allowed Wade, a few other guys, and even management to get comfortable, and not focus so much on getting better.

I know people like to pretend 2013 Wade was top notch still against the Spurs, but the facts are that he was utter trash that series. I'm not sure what he averaged those finals (19ppg maybe?), but there is a huge difference in his play. I honestly believe he was a net negative a lot of the times on court even in 2013, while in 2014 it was definitely the case.

Dude is just healthy, and freeing up the court more for his teammates. I think in 2013 and 2014 when he was injured, his stats were more a culmination of putting them up because of his ego, and because of what is expected. Now the points are actually a result of hard work, and doing the right things on the court. Not just cherry picking. He is making the game easier for everyone out there, and that wasn't the case in 13 and 14 IMO.

He wasn't crap in the 2013 Finals imo. He was solid, but he wasn't as good in the RS during the streak. Wade contributed pretty heavily and ppl were talking that he was the only playing with heart in the first few games because he was injured and he had some key defensive plays if I can recall. In game game 4, Wade and LBJ had 32 points. The first five games:

LBJ had 21.6 ppg, 6.8 apg, and 10.8 rbs and 43.6%
Wade had 19.2 ppg, 3.6 apg, and 3.8 rbs 47.1%

LBJ went out of his funk and took over in game 6 and game 7. But before then, LBJ couldn't find his scoring game because the Spurs locked down the paint and allowed him to shoot the jumper. They did the same thing with Wade. It was a bad sight to see the first few games tho.

Wade sucked ass during the Pacers in 2013 tho. He just sucked. Wade was solid during the finals in 2013. Both LBJ and Wade struggled, but Wade contributed.

Done_And_Done
05-09-2016, 11:43 PM

He was left with no choice as Lebron wilted under the pressure of the big moment :D

What were those 4th quarter numbers again that series???

JebronLames
05-09-2016, 11:55 PM

Great post. No one else here agrees with Wade being bad in the 2013 finals since he put up good stats. The spurs didnt even pay attention to him. His inability to spread the floor made it difficult to get to the rim, hurting LeBron's agressiveness, which also hurts the shooters on the floor and ruined the team flow. Lebron also felt the need to get him going. What determined if he had a good game or not was whether his midrange fell. Aside from game 4, wade's defense was bad. Wade had the worst +/- out of anyone in that series.
It was completely different from wade's 2012 finals even though he put up similar stats. He was scoring in different ways other than midrange, was getting to the line, and putting pressure on the defense. He also played good defense that series. Wade impacted the game much more.
Wade didnt play well in 2014, but it didn't matter since the weren't beating the spurs anyways.

GrapeApe
05-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Health is obviously the main difference, but he also seems to be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Even as a Wade fan I admit he seemed to lose some of that drive in 2014, and I think it was in large part due to the frustration of not being healthy. Every time he would get back to or near 100%, another injury would pop up. That takes it's toll mentally. This has been his healthiest overall season since 2011.

riseagainst
05-10-2016, 12:13 AM
2 reasons:

1. Wade was playing with Lebron, he was turned into a spot up shooter.

2. Lebron sabotaged the 2011 finals so Wade wouldn't get the FMVP, Wade wanted to get back at Lebron but he didn't want to screw the fans and the Heat over, so he only played slightly worse than his 2011 year, making Lebron work for it.

Cold soul
05-10-2016, 12:14 AM
We might not see Wade play at this level again I'm going appreciate it more he's having flashback playoffs so happy for him.

chazzy
05-10-2016, 12:16 AM
It's not a claim. He tried to take the team over in the Finals, and they ended up losing the Finals.
Took more shots in the ecsf that same year though..

Micku
05-10-2016, 12:18 AM
We might not see Wade play at this level again I'm going appreciate it more he's having flashback playoffs so happy for him.

Yup. That's what I think. It's flashback games. He hasn't played like this in a long while. Since 2012 in the playoffs. He won't be able to keep it up. But y'know, it's cool to see.

plowking
05-10-2016, 03:35 AM
He wasn't crap in the 2013 Finals imo. He was solid, but he wasn't as good in the RS during the streak. Wade contributed pretty heavily and ppl were talking that he was the only playing with heart in the first few games because he was injured and he had some key defensive plays if I can recall. In game game 4, Wade and LBJ had 32 points. The first five games:

LBJ had 21.6 ppg, 6.8 apg, and 10.8 rbs and 43.6%
Wade had 19.2 ppg, 3.6 apg, and 3.8 rbs 47.1%

LBJ went out of his funk and took over in game 6 and game 7. But before then, LBJ couldn't find his scoring game because the Spurs locked down the paint and allowed him to shoot the jumper. They did the same thing with Wade. It was a bad sight to see the first few games tho.

Wade sucked ass during the Pacers in 2013 tho. He just sucked. Wade was solid during the finals in 2013. Both LBJ and Wade struggled, but Wade contributed.

I disagree, but it is what it is.

Those stats through the first five games might be similar, but the level of play from Wade was nil. It was really poor. His game 4 was great though, mainly because his midrange was on point.

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2016, 08:24 AM
He was busy painting his toe nails and wearing women clothing

You dont see that shit right now anymore. No time for that, plus gotta stay more prepared and ready, mentally.

That dude completely relied on LeBron as the years went by.. totally sat back and turned into shit. His display in the 2014 finals was still the most pathetic I've ever seen.

Like it was said^, dude got mad complacent.

Straight_Ballin
05-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Lebron made his teammates worse, in fact he made so many worse that they no longer play in the NBA after succumbing to Lebron ball and fvcking up their game. Separate Wade from Lebron and he becomes an actual productive player. Now imagine a 2011 younger Wade without Lebron to hold him back?!

Scary.

Where is Boobie Gibson?
Where is Damon Jones?
Where is Jamario Moon?

Lebron ball happened.

Proof?

2/6

coin24
05-10-2016, 08:40 AM
Wade beasting has been great to watch:rockon: