PDA

View Full Version : Curry reminds me a lot of Kobe....

9erempiree
05-10-2016, 01:47 AM
Geezus Christ!

Hand in face? Bam. Hand down man down.

Silky smooth handles? Yup.

Quick like a snake? Strike quick.

Everyone knows he going to shoot. Here he comes.

Only thing missing is height, leaping ability and dunking.

raprap
05-10-2016, 01:48 AM
:roll:

KingPush
05-10-2016, 01:49 AM
The only thing they had in common was the 3 point shooting tonight

Healthy Curry is better than any version of Kobe ever

Bankaii
05-10-2016, 01:49 AM
He made his shots though.

bigkingsfan
05-10-2016, 01:50 AM
First nine three pointer had shades.

9erempiree
05-10-2016, 01:51 AM
He made his shots though.

Very much like Kobe.

Started off slow and keeps shooting till he got the hot hand again. That is alphaness.

I swear that was a short light skin kobe out there. Reminiscent of how Kobe destroys Portland. Oh my.

nba_55
05-10-2016, 01:51 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

wordsRweapons
05-10-2016, 01:52 AM

Cold soul
05-10-2016, 01:54 AM
Geezus Christ!

Also defense Kobe was great defender at certain points in his career.

Bankaii
05-10-2016, 01:54 AM
Very much like Kobe.

Started off slow and keeps shooting till he got the hot hand again. That is alphaness.

I swear that was a short light skin kobe out there. Reminiscent of how Kobe destroys Portland. Oh my.
Kobe doesn't make his shots though.

9erempiree
05-10-2016, 01:55 AM
Going to post those Kobe vs Portland games for comparison.

Cold soul
05-10-2016, 01:55 AM
Amazing game by Curry not at peak Kobe level though defense matters.

PickernRoller
05-10-2016, 01:56 AM
Kobe doesn't make his shots though.

No he simply put 33, 643 points up your anus.

MiseryCityTexas
It's easy as hell for the Warriors to dominate the Blazers. Blazers front court shits all over the Blazers post players. Bogut and Green are both light years better than Mason Plumlee. Mason Plumlee's not even better than his brother Miles. Miles is a much better basketball player overall. At least Miles Plumlee can finish around the rim on offense.

9erempiree
Also defense Kobe was great defender at certain points in his career.

This performance was very kobe like but he doesnt have all around game like kob.

MiseryCityTexas
05-10-2016, 02:01 AM
Kobe took a team with Lamar Odom as a second scoring option and role playing bums like Smush Parker, and Kwame Brown to the play-offs. Curry is not good enough to take Lamar Odom and a bunch of scrubs to the NBA play-offs.

9erempiree
05-10-2016, 02:01 AM
Amazing game by Curry not at peak Kobe level though defense matters.

When I say Kobe-like I mean in terms of context and how he led his team and shot himself back in the game.

Some of those 3's by Curry? That is Kobe's signature shots. Hand in face. Bam!

9erempiree
05-10-2016, 02:02 AM
Kobe took a team with Lamar Odom as a second scoring option and role playing bums like Smush Parker, and Kwame Brown to the play-offs. Curry is not good enough to take Lamar Odom and a bunch of scrubs to the NBA play-offs.

He is not but lets give him credit tonight. That was a Mamba like performance.

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2016, 02:04 AM
When I say Kobe-like I mean in terms of context and how he led his team and shot himself back in the game.

I agree with this.

People underestimate how much those type of shots just deflate the defense. Warriors were up by like 5-8 points and there was plenty of time left but you could just tell the Blazers had been deflated by those shots Curry was hitting. When you play great defense and your man still rises up and hits the shot, it really does take a lot out of you.

Cold soul
05-10-2016, 02:07 AM
He is not but lets give him credit tonight. That was a Mamba like performance.

That's true I'll give you that cold blooded by Curry the dude is a killer.

9erempiree
05-10-2016, 02:07 AM
I agree with this.

People underestimate how much those type of shots just deflate the defense. Warriors were up by like 5-8 points and there was plenty of time left but you could just tell the Blazers had been deflated by those shots Curry was hitting. When you play great defense and your man still rises up and hits the shot, it really does take a lot out of you.

Thank you.

You have a great basketball mind.

As someone that use to play competitive organized basketball...those are the worst feeling. When you play great defense and the guy still scores, then the team have a tendency to rush our offensive sets.

Cold soul
05-10-2016, 02:08 AM

True but Curry is greatest shooter we have ever seen.

Bankaii
05-10-2016, 12:37 PM
And almost 15,000 missed FGA:roll:
***** could've built his own mansion with all those bricks:oldlol:

scuzzy
05-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Kobe didn't make his shots though

Klay 3D
05-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Eat mouth piece like eat jersey? Check. The Ivory Mamba!

zeerghit
05-10-2016, 02:26 PM

u mean to lottery?

Mr Feeny
05-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Geezus Christ!

Ten times better than any version of Kobe and will pass him all time within 30 days :rockon:

SwayDizzle
05-10-2016, 02:39 PM
ouch, slay

riseagainst
05-10-2016, 02:50 PM

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-10-2016, 02:59 PM
This seasons Curry is better than any version of Kobe. Dude has Magic Johnson level impact on offense and he's a NET positive on defense too (RPM not the non-adjusted +/- stat).

If he continues to play at this level, it'll be one of the greatest MODERN era seasons ever. Easily.

Few and far between would be considered greater and Kobe isn't on that list.

Mr Feeny
05-10-2016, 03:02 PM
This seasons Curry is better than any version of Kobe. Dude has Magic Johnson level impact on offense and he's a NET positive on defense too (RPM not the non-adjusted +/- stat).

If he continues to play at this level, it'll be one of the greatest MODERN era seasons ever. Easily.

Few and far between would be considered greater and Kobe isn't on that list.It's an insult to Curry to put Kobe in the same breath as him.

dazzer87
05-10-2016, 03:05 PM

Like when Kobe shoot his team back to beat the Pistons in the Finals?

Rocketswin2013
05-10-2016, 03:07 PM
'15 Curry was better than peak Kobe...

Mr Feeny
05-10-2016, 03:33 PM
'15 Curry was better than peak Kobe...

And this Curry is so much better than '15 Curry that it's insane. Which goes to show you how much better than any version of kobe this Curry is:applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-10-2016, 03:37 PM
It's an insult to Curry to put Kobe in the same breath as him.

After leading his team to the regular-season record, I would have to agree.

Kobe's postseason play isn't enough to give him some sorta leeway, especially if Curry continues desecrating defenses.

You're a Jordan fan right, feeny? Where do you rank Curry's regular-season with some of Jordan's best?

And this Curry is so much better than '15 Curry that it's insane. Which goes to show you how much better than any version of kobe this Curry is:applause:

Yeah. Hakeem is the only player I can think of who got better this late in age. But guy was in his 30's. :eek:

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Jordan never had a regular season as good as 16 Curry.

stalkerforlife
05-10-2016, 03:40 PM

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/R-p8CjwCu9NLE6Q3DV6JsWJz4ro=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6464289/paul.0.gif

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2016, 03:45 PM
After leading his team to the regular-season record, I would have to agree.

Kobe's postseason play isn't enough to give him some sorta leeway, especially if Curry continues desecrating defenses.

You're a Jordan fan right, feeny? Where do you rank Curry's regular-season with some of Jordan's best?

Yeah. Hakeem is the only player I can think of who got better this late in age. But guy was in his 30's. :eek:

look, I know you're feeling insecure about Curry catching Jordan. But you need to chill out. Curry has won one title, while averaging 28/6/5

Kobe had 4 titles where he put up those numbers.

Stringer Bell
05-10-2016, 03:47 PM
They really don't play much alike other than being high scoring guards with a lot of range.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-10-2016, 03:47 PM
look, I know you're feeling insecure about Curry catching Jordan. But you need to chill out. Curry has won one title, while averaging 28/6/5

Kobe had 4 titles where he put up those numbers.

I'll be the first to admit he's in Jordan's class as on offensive player (at their best BOTH were more efficient than Kobe).

And why would I be feeling insecure? He's got a LONG ways to go before "catching" Jordan, legacy wise.

:confusedshrug:

TheMarkMadsen
05-10-2016, 03:59 PM
I'll be the first to admit he's in Jordan's class as on offensive player (at their best BOTH were more efficient than Kobe).

And why would I be feeling insecure? He's got a LONG ways to go before "catching" Jordan, legacy wise.

:confusedshrug:

Jordan never was as good as Curry was offensively this season and he was MUCH MORE efficient than Jordan ever was. Jordan's career high TS% is 61%, Curry just put up 67% TS on 30ppg while leading his team to the GOAT record.

in 92 & 93, Jordan shot 55% TS and 57% TS in the playoffs while winning his rings, which is identical to Kobe's TS% numbers in 09 and 10.

Jordan has won one title while shooting 60% TS, Curry has already done this, and will most likely do it again this season unless he gets hurt.

Jordan won his last three rings while shooting 52% TS, 54% TS and 56% TS too, these would be career lows for Curry

so no, at their best Curry was much more efficient than Jordan and that's not an opinion, it's just a fact :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

DingDengDong
05-10-2016, 04:13 PM
You forgot inefficiency and lack of team ball.

Underrated KD
05-10-2016, 04:15 PM
2 different players. Sorry.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-10-2016, 04:17 PM
Jordan never was as good as Curry was offensively this season and he was MUCH MORE efficient than Jordan ever was. Jordan's career high TS% is 61%, Curry just put up 67% TS on 30ppg while leading his team to the GOAT record.

Jordan has won one title while shooting 60% TS, Curry has already done this, and will most likely do it again this season unless he gets hurt.

Jordan won his last three rings while shooting 52% TS, 54% TS and 56% TS too, these would be career lows for Curry

in 92 & 93, Jordan shot 55% TS and 57% TS in the playoffs while winning his rings, which is identical to Kobe's TS% numbers in 09 and 10.

so no, at their best Curry was much more efficient than Jordan and that's not an opinion, it's just a fact :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Not saying Curry wasn't more efficient than Jordan. With MJ though you gotta include the playoffs because he was the greatest postseason player all-time.

I also said they were more efficient than Kobe, which means both in PER and shooting percentages (TS%, eFG% and FG%).

DingDengDong
05-10-2016, 04:26 PM
This is how you know who the better player is:

Fans of the inferior player try to compare their player to the better one. Jordan fans try to say "Kobe reminds me of Jordan" because Jordan is the better one, yet Kobe fans always try to put Kobe in the same category because they are trying to make that push. Meanwhile, LeBron and Kobe fans are currently trying to compare their man to Curry, while Curry fans are not desperately trying to link him to either LeBron or Kobe. Clearly, this is an indication that Curry is the better player and LeBron and Kobe fans are desperate to put their guy in the same category. This reasoning also shows that Curry is not yet on Jordan's level, because Curry fans try to compare him to Jordan, but Jordan fans don't try to justify that he is on Curry's level.

3ball is obviously the one moronic exception.

greymatter
05-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Only thing Kobe remotely has in common with Curry is that Kobe's career FG% is the same as Curry's 3pt%.

knicksman
05-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Goes to show that bran stans are just statnerds. Let bran take the shots kobe or curry takes and hell be laying an egg just like most of his finals series. Thats why its a joke to compare bran to these two. These guys are built for the playoffs while bran is just another wilt

Magic 32
05-11-2016, 01:02 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/200903110HOU.html

18 points in the last 4:13

TheMarkMadsen
05-11-2016, 01:14 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/pbp/200903110HOU.html

18 points in the last 4:13

lmao look at that line up for the Lakers

Josh Powell starting, Walton,Vujevic and Farmar as the only guys off the bench

:biggums: :biggums:

AirBonner
05-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Only thing Kobe remotely has in common with Curry is that Kobe's career FG% is the same as Curry's 3pt%.
LOL this is so true :oldlol:

Showtime2001
05-11-2016, 01:22 PM
lmao look at that line up for the Lakers

Josh Powell starting, Walton,Vujevic and Farmar as the only guys off the bench

:biggums: :biggums:
Damn.

"stacked doe"

:yaohappy: