PDA

View Full Version : Passive Aggressive People

Tarik One
05-11-2016, 10:26 AM
I'm sure we've all had or have our fair share of encounter with them.

These people are some of the worst kind to deal with and it seems like this type of manipulative behavior is running rampant or maybe it's always been this way and I'm more conscious of this type of trait than before. So many types out there.

The ones I encounter the most are people initiate conflict and pull the silent treatment when you respond which is just an attempt to deflect or negative attention from themselves and get you to give in. Then there are the types who, when you make plans, claim they "don't care" when asked for their opinion, leaving you to make all decisions....that they will later complain about to everyone but YOU.

Cap'n Obvious
05-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Everybody is passive aggressive occasionally.

Nick Young
05-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Many posters from ISH suffer from this ailment.

Passive aggression is a very feminine trait. If you find yourself being passive aggressive often, check your depression and get your shit together.

DingDengDong
05-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Many posters from ISH suffer from this ailment.

Passive aggression is a very feminine trait. If you find yourself being passive aggressive often, check your depression and get your shit together.
It'll be ok dude. It'll be ok.

MMM
05-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Passive aggression is convenient, which is why it can be easy to fall back on. In situations of anger/upset, there is a tendency to sugar coat the emotions while leaving the situation unresolved. Maybe it comes down to them not trusting themselves to get angry/aggressive/upset and maintaining control while passive aggressive behaviour goes by unchecked. As for dealing with them I wouldn't be too concern with things I can't control and only concern with how I respond to passive-aggressive or aggressive-aggressive behaviour

andgar923
05-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Everybody is passive aggressive occasionally.
This, as there's different forms and at times one needs to be cautious on how they act depending on the situation or people involved.

I used to be direct, blunt and a bit harsh, I wouldn't filter my thoughts/phrasing/approach and so I came across negatively/rude/mean at times when I didn't intend to.

So at times one needs to parse the way they communicate, even if it's deemed 'passive aggressive'.

Nick Young
05-11-2016, 10:59 AM
It'll be ok dude. It'll be ok.
You seem like a dude who is pro-passive aggression, as shown by your post in this thread.

Passive aggression is not good for your mental health.

DingDengDong
05-11-2016, 12:12 PM
You seem like a dude who is pro-passive aggression, as shown by your post in this thread.

Passive aggression is not good for your mental health.
It's not your fault.