PDA

View Full Version : How to edit videos/add my own music

enayes
05-11-2016, 06:52 PM
I want to take a youtube video and change the background music to a different song. How do I do this?

I would then like to be able to post/share the video.

I have a chromebook so I can't download anything that is not by Google.

Help an editing NOOB please :rant

Nanners
05-11-2016, 06:54 PM
stealing youtube videos is a serious offense

enayes
05-11-2016, 06:56 PM

I just want to add a song to the background of an already made NBA highlight video, this shouldn't be that hard :lol

highwhey
05-11-2016, 06:56 PM
This guy stole a credit card/wallet and used the money in it.

CavaliersFTW
05-11-2016, 07:00 PM
I want to take a youtube video and change the background music to a different song. How do I do this?

I would then like to be able to post/share the video.

I have a chromebook so I can't download anything that is not by Google.

Help an editing NOOB please :rant
Well, what's the video you'd like to do this with? You're aware of copyright laws right?

FillJackson
05-11-2016, 07:03 PM
OPen your chromebook and search for

"How can I buy a macbook with final cut?"

replacing the audio track of video and rerendering is one the easiest edits you can do.

enayes
05-11-2016, 07:06 PM
OPen your chromebook and search for

"How can I buy a macbook with final cut?"

replacing the audio track of video and rerendering is one the easiest edits you can do.

how does this help? I have a chromebook and access to a Dell with microsoft if needed

enayes
05-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Well, what's the video you'd like to do this with? You're aware of copyright laws right?

The recent Curry highlight video that came out, with his top 30 plays of the year.

FillJackson
05-11-2016, 07:08 PM
how does this help? I have a chrombook and access to a Dell with microsoft if needed
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ok try searching for
"What video editing software is available for Chromebook?"

Then search for

"Why the **** not?"

and

"Why did I buy this piece of shit anyway?"

CavaliersFTW
05-11-2016, 07:08 PM
I'll go ahead and drop some info I've learned over the years from running my own channel (which at one point I questioned it's own legality). If it's someone else's YouTube video that was created/filmed/edited by them just an FYI that would be copyright to them even if you slap on some new music (which the music is also copyright but Youtube now auto-recognizes that stuff and most artists allow it for it since they'll automatically get money from the automatic commercials that Youtube will play after song recognition).

But that's only one piece of the pie, the other is video content. You need to extensively chop/edit/create new video or pull from many sources to attempt to come up with a totally transformed and unique product for someone else's video source material to be argued as your own new intellectual property to fall under fair use. This would be like user bball breakdown taking clips from NBA games but using them to create interesting new and original content by mixing it into game breakdowns and using lots of his own diagrams, film, etc. He's not simply replaying an NBA game, he's only taking bits and pieces and creating something original with it that he can very convincingly argue as his own. Taking a pre-existing video and doing even minor changes to it is not enough to transform it into your own intellectual property I've seen people do this with countless videos but if the source ever finds them they can have them removed immediately by reporting it and I believe a strike may be given by YouTube - legal action could also be pursued but I think this almost never happens. Only the source can report their own stolen videos though I believe so it's not like anyone here could "snitch" on you or w/e. These laws/rules are setup to prevent you from giving someone else who put tireless hours of work into something a really bad day for just ganking their shit and lazily slapping on a song and reaping the reward of views, likes, praise and even financial gain from other YouTubers who may not be aware you didn't actually create that.

Not that it will deter you I'm sure based on your posting history you won't see a problem with it but I just wanted to point it out so it's known at least by other people who were curious :lol

You could maybe make the video unlisted or private if it is just for your own use than it's not likely to be reviewed by some eyes that identify it from some other source.

Nilocon165
05-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Sony Vegas

$LakerGold
05-11-2016, 07:10 PM
I would help you, but, "I want to take a youtube video and change the background music to a different song". Link us the video....

enayes
05-11-2016, 07:14 PM
I'll go ahead and drop some info I've learned over the years from running my own channel (which at one point I questioned it's own legality). If it's someone else's YouTube video that was created/filmed/edited by them just an FYI that would be copyright to them even if you slap on some new music (which the music is also copyright but Youtube now auto-recognizes that stuff and most artists allow it for it since they'll automatically get money from the automatic commercials that Youtube will play after song recognition).

But that's only one piece of the pie, the other is video content. You need to extensively chop/edit/create new video or pull from many sources to attempt to come up with a totally transformed and unique product for someone else's video source material to be argued as your own new intellectual property to fall under fair use. This would be like user bball breakdown taking clips from NBA games but using them to create interesting new and original content by mixing it into game breakdowns and using lots of his own diagrams, film, etc. He's not simply replaying an NBA game, he's only taking bits and pieces and creating something original with it that he can very convincingly argue as his own. Taking a pre-existing video and doing even minor changes to it is not enough to transform it into your own intellectual property I've seen people do this with countless videos but if the source ever finds them they can have them removed immediately by reporting it and I believe a strike may be given by YouTube - legal action could also be pursued but I think this almost never happens. Only the source can report their own stolen videos though I believe so it's not like anyone here could "snitch" on you or w/e.

Not that it will deter you I'm sure based on your posting history you won't see a problem with it but I just wanted to point it out so it's known at least by other people who were curious :lol

You could maybe make the video unlisted or private if it is just for your own use than it's not likely to be reviewed by some eyes that identify it from some other source.

This would be for private use and sharing with a couple friends. Thanks for the info on the legal part of it, you're right I'm not concerned.

But how do I actually edit the video?

CavaliersFTW
05-11-2016, 07:18 PM
This would be for private use and sharing with a couple friends. Thanks for the info on the legal part of it, you're right I'm not concerned.

But how do I actually edit the video?
Get some sort of video editing software, macs come with one I think, windows you might need to download something or buy something like Vegas or Adobe Premiere - I'm a couple of years behind the times so I don't actually know what's currently the software everyone likes.

But once you get one putting your own background music on it would be as easy as dragging and dropping it into the timeline and muting the original track - then re-rendering.

There should be plenty of YouTube video tutorials out there for w/e software you decide to use. Your intent seems harmless enough, doubt you'll have any issues with copyright claims if it's just among friends, good luck :cheers:

enayes
05-11-2016, 07:20 PM
I would help you, but, "I want to take a youtube video and change the background music to a different song". Link us the video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGz2cPhI1qw

the above video in 720p

do you want the song too? or did you just wanna see the video?

$LakerGold
05-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Sony Vegas is still going strong.

andgar923
05-11-2016, 07:37 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ok try searching for
"What video editing software is available for Chromebook?"

Then search for

"Why the **** not?"

and

"Why did I buy this piece of shit anyway?"
this

enayes
05-11-2016, 07:40 PM
can somebody please just make the video for me and post it?

I have youtube video/song that I want to start at the :18 second mark to line up the start of that Curry video,

please ISH I've contributed a lol to this forum over the years.

dazzer87
05-11-2016, 07:49 PM
can somebody please just make the video for me and post it?

I have youtube video/song that I want to start at the :18 second mark to line up the start of that Curry video,

please ISH I've contributed a lol to this forum over the years.

just do a search........some people are just lazy......

DonDadda59
05-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Sony Vegas

:applause:

You can download the free trial and then just find a serial code via google. Then get a free program called A-Tube catcher and you're gravy.

FillJackson
05-11-2016, 07:57 PM
:applause:

You can download the free trial and then just find a serial code via google. Then get a free program called A-Tube catcher and you're gravy.

not on his chromebook, he can't.

DonDadda59
05-11-2016, 07:58 PM
not on his chromebook, he can't.

Damn, cucked by subpar technology. :(

KyrieTheFuture
05-11-2016, 08:00 PM
So, you want to plagiarize?

enayes
05-11-2016, 08:18 PM
just do a search........some people are just lazy......

I searched for the chromebook and downloaded weVideo

It will not let me use a youtube video

Hawker
05-11-2016, 08:26 PM
OP is straight up jokes

Nanners
05-11-2016, 08:44 PM
I just want to add a song to the background of an already made NBA highlight video, this shouldn't be that hard :lol

did you get express written consent from the nba?

$LakerGold
05-11-2016, 09:08 PM
WTF is Chromebook? It's all Google products? O_oooooooooooooooo

enayes
05-11-2016, 09:14 PM
WTF is Chromebook? It's all Google products? O_oooooooooooooooo

My chromebook is a f'n BEAST

$250 3 years ago for a super-fast, never has to even power up always ready machine

Perfect for doing basic shittt, like web browsing, videos, email, etc. Just not great at crazy download stuff.

Best purchase I ever made.

:pimp:

FillJackson
05-11-2016, 10:33 PM
My chromebook is a f'n BEAST

$250 3 years ago for a super-fast, never has to even power up always ready machine

Perfect for doing basic shittt, like web browsing, videos, email, etc. Just not great at crazy download stuff.

Best purchase I ever made.

:pimp: maybe

BigNBAfan
05-11-2016, 10:38 PM
You seem like a natural loser

bluechox2
05-11-2016, 10:49 PM
youtube can detect copied videos and will ban you...

enayes
05-11-2016, 10:57 PM
youtube can detect copied videos and will ban you...

:roll:

You can't get banned from YouTube.

:facepalm

enayes
05-11-2016, 11:04 PM
I have a friend working on this for me.

Video will be posted when completed.

enayes
05-18-2016, 11:19 PM
My video was finally completed :D

I just posted it in the NBA forum but I'll share it here as well. May have to pause vid and let it load a bit. The music lines up perfectly in a few places :banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rDtcS-2eY

CavaliersFTW
05-18-2016, 11:25 PM
My video was finally completed :D

I just posted it in the NBA forum but I'll share it here as well. May have to pause vid and let it load a bit. The music lines up perfectly in a few places :banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7rDtcS-2eY
Gotta make it "unlisted" or we can't see it :cheers:

bigkingsfan
05-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Needs help to plagiarize, wtf :oldlol:

enayes
05-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Gotta make it "unlisted" or we can't see it :cheers:

Thanks, I'm a newbie. Do I need to post a new link or should it work now?

CavaliersFTW
05-19-2016, 02:17 AM
Thanks, I'm a newbie. Do I need to post a new link or should it work now?
Nope, works now thanks :cheers:

Im Still Ballin
05-19-2016, 02:25 AM
That's a cool video but check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ODhdec5SNk