PDA

View Full Version : Say goodbye to your friendly neighborhood Vape Shop.

Doomsday Dallas
05-11-2016, 11:09 PM
http://www.mcall.com/business/mc-vaping-tobacco-fda-20160511-story.html
Vape shops worry FDA regs will put them out of business

http://vitals.lifehacker.com/the-fda-will-regulate-vaping-1775535422
The FDA Will Regulate Vaping

wow... regulations that kill an entire industry. (except for the corporations)

:facepalm

Guess that extremely hot chick who works down the street from me,...
(the one that helped me quit smoking) will have to find a new line
of work... or at least that's what she explained to me today.

This is gonna make a lot of people upset.

I think under the new rules... She would need about $200,000,000 to keep
her shop the way it is... And that still might not be enough.

Im Still Ballin
05-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Weed is for Reptilians

Draz
05-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Vaping’s wild west days are nearly over. Soon, e-cigarettes will be illegal for minors to buy, and ingredients will have to pass FDA approval. The new rules take effect in August, and also apply to hookah and cigars.

The liquid used in e-cigarettes doesn’t include traditional cigarettes’ cancer causing ingredients, so vaping is often seen as a safer alternative to smoking. Most brands and flavors do include nicotine, though. Nicotine is harmful to fetuses and to children and teens, so vaping isn’t completely safe. Meanwhile, some flavoring ingredients in vaping liquid might be unsafe when inhaled, but there isn’t enough information yet to say for sure.

-Minors can't buy
-FDA approved ingredients

Sounds to me like it's just moderated. They'll have their hands in the jar, only hurting the makers of e-juice and probably start getting involved with the safety of the devices more importantly. Opening a vape shop in general requires money. It should of been something as a hobby, it really could of been a culture for people looking to hang out and do something new other than killing themselves with tobacco or committing crimes. My neighbor recently quit smoking newports, packs a day with his new device. I'm happy he's made a healthier decision. It seems like people will have no choice but to bend over to tobacco companies.

highwhey
05-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Assholes don't even regulate supplements.

Draz
05-11-2016, 11:20 PM
You have to feel sorry for the people who want to avoid tobacco as much as possible trying to be healthier with their decisions and addictions. This will only frustrate them into caving in once again. It's very easy to get back onto cigarettes.

Doomsday Dallas
05-11-2016, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE]The new regulations are a logical extension of the Food and Drug Administration

Draz
05-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Lol. Good luck to the vapers who actually had joy with this. Some of them invested a lot of time with the learning curve. People really are going to blow the roof with this one.

Doomsday Dallas
05-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Weed is for Reptilians

This guy disagrees:

http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/76/132276-004-D454BC44.jpg.pagespeed.ce.1SphpPSIVO.jpg

ROCSteady
05-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Damn, I have friends who opened their own shop awhile back. I guess this means they're going under

They developed their own flavors and ayything

Im Still Ballin
05-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Damn, I have friends who opened their own shop awhile back. I guess this means they're going under

Portland is full of delusional hipsters and generally ugly people, inside and out. Uniqueness trumps common sense and good taste. Portland people are generally self-important dip shits who's latent misanthropy and self-loathing manifests in several awkward public confrontations with complete strangers. Portland is the Mecca for lesbians and maybe 5 percent of women are lesbians, but 50 percent look like they could be. For a bleeding heart city, the massive amounts of untended to homeless make public *********ion a thing. Good luck walking to work unaccosted by pan-handlers and cigarette smoke. It is truly a beautiful area that has been savaged by the imbeciles who current populate the area.

Draz
05-11-2016, 11:49 PM

You can still technically make your own flavors lol. It'll be a "street" thing though. I'm guessing they can be fined if they're selling ejuice not FDA regulated. And bet your ass off the government will send officials to verify they comply.

Doomsday Dallas
05-11-2016, 11:53 PM
btw... Suicide Bunny is delicious.

http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/img/products/suicide-bunny-value-pack.jpg

Doomsday Dallas
05-11-2016, 11:54 PM
It'll be a "street" thing

This is what I'm thinking too...

ROCSteady
05-12-2016, 12:10 AM
Wanna hear some retarded shit I did once?

Actually, one of the most boneheaded things I've done in the past few years..

I was at my boy's house who always is vaping and has bottles of e-juice lying around everywhere. There was a small group of us blazing and whatnot, weekend chilling. I was super baked and with me, it's really easy to tell when I'm high from my eyes.

We were about to hit the bars so I wanted to freshen up and not look so much like a stoner...

There was a single small bottle sitting on a TV tray or something but it was small and had a nondescript label on it with a screw off cap like eye drops. It was about the same size as drops, maybe a little larger but I unscrewed it and proceeded to put drops in my eyes.....only it was Vape Juice.

I wondered why my eyes were burning and they saw me and were like, "Did you just put that in your eyes?!" I tried to play it off like it didn't hurt that bad even though it was probably a notch down from getting maced of some shit. I went to the sink and flushed my eyes out a few times but it took a while to subside and feel normal. Straight nicotine and chemicals to the ojos, holmes.

Everyone there laughed it up as friends do but they were all like, "Man, you took that pretty tough. You shook it off better than we thought." Yadda yadda yah but I just tried extra hard to act like it was no big deal because in reality, it was a ridiculous, epic fail stoner move to put E-Cig Vape juice and think it was Visine but honestly, the bottle wasn't far off from a generic, store brand eye drop bottle in shape and cap. I didn't even notice any coloring either. Or maybe just too stoned to notice.

Def was embarrassed with that pothead move, hurt like a bitch for like a half hour but eventually went away.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 12:11 AM
vape is gay

Nanners
05-12-2016, 03:01 AM
theres a good documentary about vaping that seems relevant - vape nation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm8Hteeh6M)

LJJ
05-12-2016, 05:58 AM
\//\

Dresta
05-12-2016, 12:57 PM
FDA is such a racket. America is a bureaucratic nightmare.