PDA

View Full Version : Post your Updated top 10 in the league as of 5/12/16 (no trolling)

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 01:12 PM
1. Curry
2. LeBron
3. George
4. KD
5. Westbrook
6. Paul
7. Green
8. Davis
9. Aldridge
10. Love

(HM: KAT, Harden, Lillard)

Edit: I forgot Leonard, stick him at #3 slide George to #4, KD to #5...
Blake Griffin and DMC get HM's as well

Marchesk
05-12-2016, 01:24 PM
There's no universe in which George is better than Durant.

Uncle Drew
05-12-2016, 01:24 PM
LeBeast

Im Still Ballin
05-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Hollywood James

SteveNashMVPcro
05-12-2016, 01:27 PM
1. Curry
2. LeBron
3. Durant
4. Harden
5. Paul
6. Westbrook
7. George
8. Leonard
9. Cousins
10. Green

Hm: Lilard, Davis, Aldrige

BeastMode24
05-12-2016, 01:27 PM
1. Curry
2. Durant
3. Westbrook
4. Kawhi
5. Harden
6. Paul George
7. Cousins
8. Anthony Davis
9. Chris Paul
10. Dame Liliard

FreezingTsmoove
05-12-2016, 01:28 PM
1. Curry
2. Draymond Green
3. KD
4. Westbrook
5. CP3
6. Klay Thompson
7. Paul George
8. James Harden
9. Kyrie Irving
10. Kawhi

dubnation
05-12-2016, 01:30 PM
1. Curry
2. Lebron
3. KD
4. Westbrook
5. Kawhi
6. CP3
7. Draymond
8. Paul George
9. James Harden
10. Lillard

8-15 is just a bunch of similar value all-stars, though. I wouldn't have much argument who you decided to put there or in what order.

I'd have Kawhi at 3, but I haven't seen him carry a team offensively enough to justify it.

ScalsFan21
05-12-2016, 01:35 PM
1. LeBron
2. Curry

3. Kawhi/Durant
4. Kawhi/Durant

5. Chris Paul
6. Draymond
7. Paul George

8. Davis
9. Harden
10. Lillard

I have to admit now that I'm writing this, I really feel like everything past #7 or so is interchangeable.

fiddy
05-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Curry
Westbrook
Kawhi
KD
Dray
PG13
Bran
Haren
Lillard
CP3

plowking
05-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Draymond Green is not a top 10 player. You guys are nuts.

Fudge
05-12-2016, 01:41 PM
1 a. Durant
1 b. LeBron
1 c. Curry
4. Leonard
5. Westbrook
6. CP3
7. George
8. Draymond
9. Davis
10. Thompson

outside looking in: Harden, Aldridge, Griffin, Cousins, Lillard

Genaro
05-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Curry
Lebron
KD
Goatbrook
Leonard
CP3
Harden
Draymond
George
LMA

Then Lillard, Griffin and Brow

dubnation
05-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Draymond Green is not a top 10 player. You guys are nuts.

Why not? The quality of players after around 7 goes down considerably, and all the stats point to Draymond having a top 10 impact.

Bless Mathews
05-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Op puts " no trolling" then puts Paul George ahead of KD AND Russell Westbrook this year???

So you can be a complete FUCCIN idiot shit for brains , but don't troll??

FUCCIN clown boy.

plowking
05-12-2016, 01:52 PM
Why not? The quality of players after around 7 goes down considerably, and all the stats point to Draymond having a top 10 impact.

Draymond is on a great team. He is a piece in it, but he isn't that level of player. Same way it was ridiculous that people claimed Bosh was. He never was.

Curry, Bron, KD, Kawhi, CP3, Blake, Westbrook, Harden, etc.

Seriously... Guys like Cousins, Davis, George, Lillard, Melo, etc are probably all better than him too.

Like when people were saying Noah was top 10 a couple seasons ago when he got voted all NBA first (ridiculous as well)... It has become more about narrative than actual skill and production.

I'm sorry, but a guy averaging 14/10/7 with average to poor shooting on a given night, ability to be taken out of a game, isn't better to me than a guy like Blake Griffin, or Anthony Davis. I mean is Draymond Green better than someone like John Wall? Give me a team and I know who I'd pick. Wall freaking carried his team this season with all their injuries and almost got them to the playoffs.

Would you honestly take Green over 20/10 Wall?

Young X
05-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Blake is NOT better than Draymond.

Neither is Melo.

This isn't 2014.

He's a 14/10/7 player yeah...that's probably the best defender in the entire league.

I don't get it, nobody hesitates to put Leonard in the top 5 so why can't Green be in the top 10?

plowking
05-12-2016, 02:09 PM
Blake is NOT better than Draymond.

Neither is Melo.

This isn't 2014.

He's a 14/10/7 player yeah...that's probably the best defender in the entire league.

I don't get it, nobody hesitates to put Leonard in the top 5 so why can't Green be in the top 10?

Because Leonard can shoot and create for himself. His offensive game is so much better. Not to mention he is the first option, draws the most defense, and scores in a variety of ways. Draymond can't. Leonard is the better defender too.

On top of that, Draymond literally plays the decoy role every game. He gets points because Curry and Klay draw so much attention. If it isn't from that it is from easy buckets getting put back, or set up nicely.

Blake is most definitely as good as Draymond, and much better. A better passer too.

NBAGOAT
05-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Because Leonard can shoot and create for himself. His offensive game is so much better. Not to mention he is the first option, draws the most defense, and scores in a variety of ways. Draymond can't. Leonard is the better defender too.

On top of that, Draymond literally plays the decoy role every game. He gets points because Curry and Klay draw so much attention. If it isn't from that it is from easy buckets getting put back, or set up nicely.

Blake is most definitely as good as Draymond, and much better. A better passer too.

blake's better but it's kind of hard putting him ahead of draymond when he played only half the season this year.

NBAGOAT
05-12-2016, 02:23 PM
1. Curry
2. Lebron
3. KD
4. Kawhi
5. Westbrook
6. CP3
7. Paul George
8. Harden
9. Dame
10. Draymond

Young X
05-12-2016, 02:25 PM

Blake is most definitely as good as Draymond, and much better. A better passer too.You mean Leonard's SCORING game is better.

He doesn't even come close to being able to bass the basketball and get teammates involved like Green can.

And Green's defense and rebounding are better.

Even saying this, I'm not saying he's as good as Leonard but the arguments of him being a limited offensive player and only benefiting from the team he plays on could be used against Leonard to a lesser extent too. Could Leonard carry a team offensively either?

And Blake Griffin did nothing to be ranked over Draymond this year. Nothing. All he was was a distraction to his team, you can't rank him over someone who actually helped his team.

dubnation
05-12-2016, 02:35 PM
Draymond is on a great team. He is a piece in it, but he isn't that level of player. Same way it was ridiculous that people claimed Bosh was. He never was.

Curry, Bron, KD, Kawhi, CP3, Blake, Westbrook, Harden, etc.

Seriously... Guys like Cousins, Davis, George, Lillard, Melo, etc are probably all better than him too.

Like when people were saying Noah was top 10 a couple seasons ago when he got voted all NBA first (ridiculous as well)... It has become more about narrative than actual skill and production.

I'm sorry, but a guy averaging 14/10/7 with average to poor shooting on a given night, ability to be taken out of a game, isn't better to me than a guy like Blake Griffin, or Anthony Davis. I mean is Draymond Green better than someone like John Wall? Give me a team and I know who I'd pick. Wall freaking carried his team this season with all their injuries and almost got them to the playoffs.

Would you honestly take Green over 20/10 Wall?

I get what you're saying. It's a tough argument for me because on any team with another decent scorer and decent supporting cast I'd easily take Draymond over Wall for his top 2 defensive impact, playmaking, and versatility. But on a garbage team I'd rather have Wall since he can carry a team offensively and Draymond can't.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2016, 02:53 PM

He's scored like 30 points in half the games Curry was out :oldlol:

Thats just bullshit at this point.. hes an incredible shooter.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Op puts " no trolling" then puts Paul George ahead of KD AND Russell Westbrook this year???

So you can be a complete FUCCIN idiot shit for brains , but don't troll??

FUCCIN clown boy.

shut the fucc up bitch n igga, u always saying the dumbest shit and dont back it up with reasoning. get out of my thread hoe

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 03:08 PM
I forgot to put Leonard on my list

he is better than Westbrook & KD

KD and westbrook are overrated...they are not as complete players as the players ahead of them...they make more highlight plays but have bigger holes in their games

westbrook is an undersized shooting guard with the brain the size of a peanut and doesn't play good defense, does not provide you with spacing or off ball play

kd is not a great ball handler or playmaker and now he settles for too many long 2 point jumpers. it's a good shot for him because of his length but it's still a long 2 pointer....that shit cannot be relied on for long periods down the stretch. when you boil it down he is pretty one dimensional

paul george has been balling out with a dogshit team. he is bigger and stronger than KD, plays better defense...if he had a better team he would see better scoring opportunities like KD does

http://s32.postimg.org/5kt65zjid/pgkd.png

Bless Mathews
05-12-2016, 03:12 PM
shut the fucc up bitch n igga, u always saying the dumbest shit and dont back it up with reasoning. get out of my thread hoe

I just typed it shit for brains.

My niggahs tim hOardaway and Latrell Sprewell would smack the shit out your dumb ass for typin some shit Like that.

Westbrook 20-10.

George chucking shots gettin 23 on 41% a game on a scrub team where he's the only scorer.

You cool, but watch your fingers **** boi.

Don't be so insecure or you can get the rath too cuz.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 03:16 PM
I just typed it shit for brains.

My niggahs tim hOardaway and Latrell Sprewell would smack the shit out your dumb ass for typin some shit Like that.

Westbrook 20-10.

George chucking shots gettin 23 on 41% a game on a scrub team where he's the only scorer.

You cool, but watch your fingers **** boi.

Don't be so insecure or you can get the rath too cuz.

some dumbass shit, u dont even watch the games, keep listing westbrook 20/10 like it means shit

yea, put ur skinny ass homeboy KD on the pacers and see what happens with his FG percentage too

n igga u should stick to football ur bball talk is too basic

Bless Mathews
05-12-2016, 03:33 PM
some dumbass shit, u dont even watch the games, keep listing westbrook 20/10 like it means shit

yea, put ur skinny ass homeboy KD on the pacers and see what happens with his FG percentage too

n igga u should stick to football ur bball talk is too basic

:applause: :roll:

You serious?????

Paul George chucks on a scrub ass team.

You REALLY think George is better than boaf???

Seriously???

You can't be bruh.

Paul George good, but come the fucc on.

:facepalm :facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
05-12-2016, 03:47 PM
1. Stephen Curry
2. Kawhi Leonard

3. Lebron James
4. Chris Paul
5. Kevin Durant

6. Anthony Davis
7. Russell Westbrook
8. James Harden
9. Lamarcus Aldridge
10. Klay Thompson

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 04:09 PM
1) Curry/Lebron
3) Durant
4) Kahwi
5)a) PG13
5)b) Westbrook
5)c) CP3
8) Anthony Davis (when healthy)
9) Harden
10) Blake Griffin (when healthy)

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 06:38 PM
1) Curry/Lebron
3) Durant
4) Kahwi
5)a) PG13
5)b) Westbrook
5)c) CP3
8) Anthony Davis (when healthy)
9) Harden
10) Blake Griffin (when healthy)

this isn't a bad list

curry is a for sure over lebron though

Leonard and PG are at least equal or better than Durant

Durant still stays above westbrook

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 06:55 PM
this isn't a bad list

curry is a for sure over lebron though

Leonard and PG are at least equal or better than Durant

Durant still stays above westbrook
Nah, Curry is clearly the greatest offensive force in the game, but he's a liability on defense. I value impact highly and in those terms Lebron is just as good as Curry.

And no one in the right mind would take anyone not named Steph or Lebron over Durant, period. Even despite his struggles this PO.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 06:58 PM
Nah, Curry is clearly the greatest offensive force in the game, but he's a liability on defense. I value impact highly and in those terms Lebron is just as good as Curry.

And no one in the right mind would take anyone not named Steph or Lebron over Durant, period. Even despite his struggles this PO.

do you have any stats to suggest that curry is below average or a liability on defense or is this just your personal opinion?

Durant's ship is slowly sailing, this isn't 2014 anymore...

TheMarkMadsen
05-12-2016, 07:01 PM
do you have any stats to suggest that curry is below average or a liability on defense or is this just your personal opinion?

Well leading the league in steals is a clear indication that you are a liability on defense, didn't you know?

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 07:15 PM

I don't need any. His defensive stats are going to be inflated because he guards the worse perimeter player on the opposing team.
He would've gaurded Jason Terry, McCollum (who roasted him), and next round most like Roberson for the Thunder. Obviously his defensive stats are going to look better than Klay's whom has to gaurd the opposing team best scorer.

If you have to get hidden on defense while your teammate gaurd's your man because your coach knows you'll get lit up, you're a liability on defense.

But I do agree, Durant has to perform tonight and against the Warriors or I think he might be done as an ATG caliber player.

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Well leading the league in steals is a clear indication that you are a liability on defense, didn't you know?
James Harden was 3rd in steals last year. I guess he's a good defender too right?

You can't be this stupid:roll:

TheMarkMadsen
05-12-2016, 07:28 PM
James Harden was 3rd in steals last year. I guess he's a good defender too right?

You can't be this stupid:roll:

Hey I know that 2nd & 3rd is basically the same as first to you and your fan base, but Curry led the league, he's elite at playing passing lanes. Harden is pretty good at it too.

But you can see a clear difference between the way the two play defense, Harden literally lets people run right by him and shows almost no effort in one on one situations.

Meanwhile Curry is actually a good man on man defender on top of beign elite at playing the passing lanes. That doesn't make him a defensive liability. Meanwhile Harden is good at playing the passing lanes and a total piss poor man defender.

Sometimes I can't believe how simple things such as this needs to be broken down for people who are supposed to be nba fans

Milbuck
05-12-2016, 07:29 PM
1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. Lebron
4. Durant
5. CP3
6. Kawhi
7. PG
8. Cousins
9. Davis
10. Harden

Sarcastic
05-12-2016, 07:50 PM
1 Curry
2 Lebron
3 Durant
4 Westbrook
5 Kawhi
6 CP3
7 George
8 Harden
9 Cousins
10 Lillard

ShawkFactory
05-12-2016, 08:35 PM
Hey I know that 2nd & 3rd is basically the same as first to you and your fan base, but Curry led the league, he's elite at playing passing lanes. Harden is pretty good at it too.

But you can see a clear difference between the way the two play defense, Harden literally lets people run right by him and shows almost no effort in one on one situations.

Meanwhile Curry is actually a good man on man defender on top of beign elite at playing the passing lanes. That doesn't make him a defensive liability. Meanwhile Harden is good at playing the passing lanes and a total piss poor man defender.

Sometimes I can't believe how simple things such as this needs to be broken down for people who are supposed to be nba fans
James Harden was 3rd in the NBA in steals last season. 1.9 a game.

Steph had 2.1. There's a difference, but it's not a lot. Harden is known to be one of the worst defenders in the league.

Steals are freak plays that happen once or twice a game in the case of these guys. They aren't indicative of defensive play over 40 or so minutes.

avonbarksdale
05-12-2016, 08:39 PM
lebron
curry
westbrook
durant
harden
kawhi
paul george
cousins
chris paul
davis

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 08:40 PM

I debunk your point, so instead you go to insults and just making shit up.
Curry had 9 more total steals and averaged 0.2more spg, but keep reaching to prove your shit point.
Westbrook is also great at playing the passing lanes, is he a great defender too.

Your argument was that Steph is a good defender due to leading the league in steals. Steals are not indicative of being a good defender. That's plain stupid, get over it.

And Curry is not a good man defender. If that was the case he wouldn't have to have Klay gaurd his man. How do you possibly not understand this. That is the definition of a liability.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 09:09 PM
I debunk your point, so instead you go to insults and just making shit up.
Curry had 9 more total steals and averaged 0.2more spg, but keep reaching to prove your shit point.
Westbrook is also great at playing the passing lanes, is he a great defender too.

Your argument was that Steph is a good defender due to leading the league in steals. Steals are not indicative of being a good defender. That's plain stupid, get over it.

And Curry is not a good man defender. If that was the case he wouldn't have to have Klay gaurd his man. How do you possibly not understand this. That is the definition of a liability.

Your justification of Curry being a "liability" on defense is that the fact that the Warriors do not put their point guard on the team's opposing wings. This doesn't jive.

And you flat out don't watch Golden State games. I live in the Bay Area and watch over 75% of the Warrior's games. Steph Curry has excellent foot speed and active hands and seldom lets players blow right by him. Steph is a very cerebral player and is almost never out of position or gets caught snoozing as his man cuts by him while he stands there ala James Harden. Steph doesn't lock people up and throw away the key but he keeps players honest and does not give them freebies.

And the thing is there is only a small handful of players ever that can be elite on offense and do that. None of them were as good as offense as Steph. The closest that we have in the league today of a complete lockdown defender who is capable offensively is Leonard, but his offense is tiers below Steph's obviously.

If anyone mentions James Harden and Steph Curry in the same sentence when it comes to defensive play it shows you they don't watch the games and have no idea what they are talking about. Straight up.

Draz
05-12-2016, 09:16 PM
1. Curry
2. LeBron
3. KD
4. Westbrook
5. Paul
6. George
7. Davis
8. Damien
9. Harden
10. Cousins

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 09:17 PM
And for the comment about Curry getting lots of steals playing lanes, he is an expert at hawking the lanes but at the same time he does not get caught gambling. Curry does also get a huge percentage of his steals from playing straight up defense and ripping his opposing man off their dribble, he has extremely fast hands.

Also when comparing Curry's steals to James Hardens you have to take into account minutes played. Curry's steals per 100 possessions is 3.0 while Harden's is 2.2. That is a significant percentage better than Harden.

And while I agree that steals isn't the best method for judging defense, it shouldn't be discounted totally, it should be one of the many criteria you use while evaluating players and kept into proper context

MellowYellow
05-12-2016, 09:20 PM
1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. KD
4. Lebron
5. Kawaii
6. Cp3
7. Green
8. Dame
9. George
10. Melo

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 09:23 PM
Your justification of Curry being a "liability" on defense is that the fact that the Warriors do not put their point guard on the team's opposing wings. This doesn't jive.
It's not just wings, Klay gaurds Curry's man, period. When they played the Clippers, Klay gaurded CP3. When they played Portland, Klay gaurded Lillard. When they play the Cavs, Klay will gaurd Kyrie. It happens every time and everyone recognizes you except you.

And you flat out don't watch Golden State games.[/b] I live in the Bay Area and watch over 75% of the Warrior's games. Steph Curry has excellent foot speed and active hands and seldom lets players blow right by him. Steph is a very cerebral player and is almost never out of position or gets caught snoozing as his man cuts by him while he stands there ala James Harden. Steph doesn't lock people up and throw away the key but he keeps players honest and does not give them freebies
There's no need to lie. You don't live anywhere near the Bay and this Warriors account didn't even become active until 2015.
Hes not as bad as James Harden, but he's a very average defender. The rest of your post is baseless claims.

And the thing is there is only a small handful of players ever that can be elite on offense and do that. None of them were as good as offense as Steph. The closest that we have in the league today of a complete lockdown defender who is capable offensively is Leonard, but his offense is tiers below Steph's obviously.
Curry doesn't have to be a lockdown defender, but he could at least be decent enough to gaurd his own man. And just since the 2000s, Kobe, Lebron, Wade have all reached Curry's offensive level while being elite defenders. CP3, Paul George, Kawhi, and others are also elite defenders, they just aren't as good offensively.

If anyone mentions James Harden and Steph Curry in the same sentence when it comes to defensive play shows that you don't watch the games and have no idea what they are talking about. Straight up.
You either lack reading comprehension or you're just dumb.
I simply used Harden as an example to show that steals don't have a direct correlation to good defense.
I already stated that Steph isn't as bad as Harden defensively, he's still a liability though.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 09:35 PM
It's not just wings, Klay gaurds Curry's man, period. When they played the Clippers, Klay gaurded CP3. When they played Portland, Klay gaurded Lillard. When they play the Cavs, Klay will gaurd Kyrie. It happens every time and everyone recognizes you except you.

Who is the better and more important player to GS offense? Steph or Klay?
Who would you rather have burning themselves out on the opposing team's shooting guard or small forward? This is a no duh brother, if you are putting Steph on the team's best offender you are a fuccing idiot. There is a reason why Kerr is a smart man and a great coach, one of the reasons is not burning out the best point guard in the game by sticking him on the opposing team's best scorer. This is kind of basketball 101 here.

There's no need to lie. You don't live anywhere near the Bay and this Warriors account didn't even become active until 2015.
Hes not as bad as James Harden, but he's a very average defender. The rest of your post is baseless claims.

Ok I asked if you watch a lot of GS games and you redirected it into a meltdown where you accuse me of lying about where I live and what games I watch :lol You are starting to concede in this basketball discussion...

Curry doesn't have to be a lockdown defender, but he could at least be decent enough to gaurd his own man. And just since the 2000s, Kobe, Lebron, Wade have all reached Curry's offensive level while being elite defenders. CP3, Paul George, Kawhi, and others are also elite defenders, they just aren't as good offensively.

This is more rhetoric about how just because you don't put the best offensive player in the league on the toughest defensive assignment....that makes the best offensive player a "liability" on defense. This makes zero sense.

You either lack reading comprehension or you're just dumb.
I simply used Harden as an example to show that steals don't have a direct correlation to good defense.
I already stated that Steph isn't as bad as Harden defensively, he's still a liability though.

Well you are being disingenuous or stupid to try to compare Steph's steals within the same context of Harden's...I explained this in detail in my previous post.

You should stop before you dig yourself deeper. You have pretty much admitted that you haven't watched many Golden State games this season. Your last bastion about how Curry is a poor defender is "Steve Kerr doesn't put the greatest offensive point guard of all time defending the opposing team's best offensive player". This doesn't jive.

stalkerforlife
05-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Curry
Durant
Leonard
Westbrook
Paul

Top 5.

TheMarkMadsen
05-12-2016, 09:39 PM
James Harden was 3rd in the NBA in steals last season. 1.9 a game.

Steph had 2.1. There's a difference, but it's not a lot. Harden is known to be one of the worst defenders in the league.

Steals are freak plays that happen once or twice a game in the case of these guys. They aren't indicative of defensive play over 40 or so minutes.

Did you even read my post?

Both are great at playing the passing lanes, but one is a bad to awful man defenser while the other is an average to good man defender.

And Hardens off ball defensive awareness is pathetic when he's not playing the passing lanes. Dude literally gets lost out there and forgets who he is defending.

I didn't know I had to spell out something that was so obvious. Curry is known as an average to good man defender, so that + being a elite at picking off passes = not a liability

Curry is elite at playing the passing lanes and an average to good defender which negates any "defensive liability" talk

Besides when did people start caring about defense from their point guard? Not saying that it's not important but all of the goat point guards were average to good defenders and nobody gives guys like Magic a hard time for that

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 09:45 PM
Mark, how do you feel about Bankaii's argument where Steph doesn't guard the opposing team's best offensive player, that automatically makes him a liability. :lol

beastee
05-12-2016, 09:56 PM
All around is a big part of a few key players.

1. Lebron
2. Curry
3. Durant
4. Westbrook
5. Leonard
6. Davis
7. CP3
8. George
9. Harden
10. Cousins

Griffin, Lillard, Draymond, Melo, Thompson and Butler fill out the sweet 16.

I hate Lebron, but the dude is amazing. 2/7 though will drop him. Curry beats him and he is undisputed

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 10:00 PM
MJ, the greatest player of all time won a DPOY and is widely known as one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time.
Him along with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc all have been on the same offensive level as current Kobe and still played ATG level defense.

I can't even imagine the hate Lebron would get if he let someone else gaurd KD every time they played, or Kobe let Ariza take his man an entire series.
You're entire argument of saving energy on defense is absolutely asinine and no one that is an elite defender would need to be hidden on defense, period.

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Mark, how do you feel about Bankaii's argument where Steph doesn't guard the opposing team's best offensive player, that automatically makes him a liability. :lol
You're such a lapdog:oldlol:
Do you always need others reassurance to feel confident in yourself? Pathetic.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 10:04 PM
MJ, the greatest player of all time won a DPOY and is widely known as one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time.
Him along with Lebron, Kobe, Wade, etc all have been on the same offensive level as current Kobe and still played ATG level defense.

I can't even imagine the hate Lebron would get if he let someone else gaurd KD every time they played, or Kobe let Ariza take his man an entire series.
You're entire argument of saving energy on defense is absolutely asinine and no one that is an elite defender would need to be hidden on defense, period.

Your hyperbole is roasting you right now

Just because Curry isn't an "All Time Great Defender" like Michael Jordan, you are trying to say that makes him a poor defender.

You are playing black and white extremes, either All Time Great or piss poor liability.

Curry isn't an All Time Great defender, that does not make him a poor one

Milbuck
05-12-2016, 10:07 PM
I love how defense is such a huge criticism with Curry because you literally can't find another hole in his game. Scoring? GOAT-level. Passing? Terrific. Rebounding? Great for his position. Leadership? Outstanding. Clutch? Cold blooded.

And he's not even a bad defender :oldlol: Pretty much every metric points to him being an above average defender, and the eye test backs this up, dude gives great effort 1 on 1, plays passing lanes, and overall does a fine job in Golden State's team defense.

And even if he was, the guy is arguably the best offensive player in history, it really doesn't even matter if he sucked defensively, which he doesn't.

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 10:34 PM
Your hyperbole is roasting you right now

Just because Curry isn't an "All Time Great Defender" like Michael Jordan, you are trying to say that makes him a poor defender.

You are playing black and white extremes, either All Time Great or piss poor liability.

Curry isn't an All Time Great defender, that does not make him a poor one
Try not to deflect this time.
If Curry is such a solid defender why does Klay have to gaurd the opposing teams' point gaurd? And don't use that conserving energy bullshit excuse.
Also, how come when Curry does have to gaurd a decent offensive player, he gets roasted?

I love how defense is such a huge criticism with Curry because you literally can't find another hole in his game. Scoring? GOAT-level. Passing? Terrific. Rebounding? Great for his position. Leadership? Outstanding. Clutch? Cold blooded.

And he's not even a bad defender :oldlol: Pretty much every metric points to him being an above average defender, and the eye test backs this up, dude gives great effort 1 on 1, plays passing lanes, and overall does a fine job in Golden State's team defense.

And even if he was, the guy is arguably the best offensive player in history, it really doesn't even matter if he sucked defensively, which he doesn't.
Yea lets just ignore half the game because you say so.
It's a huge criticism because it's a huge flaw.

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Why put one of or perhaps THE GOAT offensive player on an opposing team's SG or SF on defense? :wtf: Seriously what is wrong with you? Watch the game, check the advanced stats, check the raw stats, everything here points to Steph being a good defender, not a neutral one, and definitely not a poor one. Your opinion is well outside the norm on this matter and you have presented zero facts to back it up. I don't really know what to say at this point it seems like you are just disregarding all evidence and ranting.

Wally450
05-12-2016, 10:44 PM
I respect Lebron at #2 OP.

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Why put one of or perhaps THE GOAT offensive player on an opposing team's SG or SF on defense? :wtf: Seriously what is wrong with you? Watch the game, check the advanced stats, check the raw stats, everything here points to Steph being a good defender, not a neutral one, and definitely not a poor one. Your opinion is well outside the norm on this matter and you have presented zero facts to back it up. I don't really know what to say at this point it seems like you are just disregarding all evidence and ranting.
Can you not read? Seriously.

You keep saying watch the games but obviously you don't.
KLAY IS GUARDING THE OPPOSING TEAM'S POINT GUARD, aka CURRY'S MAN
Klay guarded Lillard last game, CP3 when they faced in the RS. He will gaurd Kyrie in the Finals.

There have been several threads pointing out Steph being a liability on defense, and Klay having to hide him.
And for the 4th time, offense has nothing to do with him hiding on defense.

How stupid are you?

warriorfan
05-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Can you not read? Seriously.

You keep saying watch the games but obviously you don't.
KLAY IS GUARDING THE OPPOSING TEAM'S POINT GUARD, aka CURRY'S MAN
Klay guarded Lillard last game, CP3 when they faced in the RS. He will gaurd Kyrie in the Finals.

How stupid are you?

What does whos Klay guarding have to do with how good of a defender Curry is?

Curry is a good defender. Eye test, advanced stats, normal stats all point to this.

Bringing up Klay is just deflecting.

Milbuck
05-12-2016, 10:50 PM
It's a dogshit criticism because he's not even a bad defender and people like you trying to paint him as one. Just because they put a better perimeter defender in Klay on tougher assignments in no way makes Curry a bad defender, that's an awful argument. Calling it a "huge flaw" just shows how desperately you'll twist and manipulate reality to serve your agenda. Curry is a god-tier offensive player and above average defensive player, you're just gonna have to deal with it.

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 10:51 PM
Who does Klay guarding have to do with how good of a defender Curry is?

Curry is a good defender. Eye test, advanced stats, normal stats all point to this.

Bringing up Klay is just deflecting.
This is the 3rd time you've avoided why Klay has to guard point guards if Curry is such a good defender.

If you can't answer that with a logical, non-bullshit response, this "debate" is over.

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 10:55 PM
It's a dogshit criticism because he's not even a bad defender and people like you trying to paint him as one. Just because they put a better perimeter defender in Klay on tougher assignments in no way makes Curry a bad defender, that's an awful argument. Calling it a "huge flaw" just shows how desperately you'll twist and manipulate reality to serve your agenda. Curry is a god-tier offensive player and above average defensive player, you're just gonna have to deal with it.
Hiding Curry on defense due to his average man defense is a flaw, whether you accept or not.

You can't go around calling the guy the GOAT, when he is a liability on half the court.
And point out someone's flaw isn't agenda posting, whem multiple posters have pointed it out.

knicksman
05-12-2016, 10:57 PM
This is the 3rd time you've avoided why Klay has to guard point guards if Curry is such a good defender.

If you can't answer that with a logical, non-bullshit response, this "debate" is over.

Goes to show that youre just a statnerd:oldlol: .

Only a dumbass FO would let his average athlete, injury prone superstar risk his health playing defense.

MellowYellow
05-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Try not to deflect this time.
If Curry is such a solid defender why does Klay have to gaurd the opposing teams' point gaurd? And don't use that conserving energy bullshit excuse.
Also, how come when Curry does have to gaurd a decent offensive player, he gets roasted?

Is it? Basketball is a team game, your teammates are supposed to cover your flaws and vice versa. As long as his defense is respectable, which it is that is good enough when you offense is GOAT level.

LilEddyCurry
05-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Curry
LeBron
KD
Westbrook

Bankaii
05-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Is it? Basketball is a team game, your teammates are supposed to cover your flaws and vice versa. As long as his defense is respectable, which it is that is good enough when you offense is GOAT level.
What makes Jordan the GOAT?
The fact that he's the greatest offensive player of all time and also is one of the top 10 perimeter defenders of all time.

If Curryis going to get GOAT talks, you have to acknowledge that his impact on half the game is nonexistent.

NBAGOAT
05-12-2016, 11:14 PM
What makes Jordan the GOAT?
The fact that he's the greatest offensive player of all time and also is one of the top 10 perimeter defenders of all time.

If Curryis going to get GOAT talks, you have to acknowledge that his impact on half the game is nonexistent.

you can't affect defense as much as you can offense nearly as much unless you're even a big man(and even a big man is more valuable on offense). Defense is just much more of a team effort. Even for big men, I take Kareem's peak over guys like Hakeem and Drob even though they're better defenders. I take Nash's peak over Payton, Stockton, or Kidd even though it's laughable to compare their defensive impact just because of his offense.

Milbuck
05-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Hiding Curry on defense due to his average man defense is a flaw, whether you accept or not.

You can't go around calling the guy the GOAT, when he is a liability on half the court.
And point out someone's flaw isn't agenda posting, whem multiple posters have pointed it out.
It's not a flaw worth mentioning at all, all it is is Golden State maximizing its personnel. Klay is a better perimeter defender than Curry...hence Kerr and his staff make Klay guard tougher perimeter assignments. That's just smart coaching, it in no way does it mean Curry is a bad defender, just that Klay's more suited to it.

You guys are trying to make him out to be Steve Nash or something where he flat out sucks balls defensively and can't hang on that end, which is blatantly false. He's fine defensively, the reason he doesn't always guard tough PG assignments is because he's got a guy on his team who does it at a high level and thus isn't forced to do it.

WolfGang
05-13-2016, 12:49 AM
Lebron
KD
Westbrook/Damian Lil
Curry
Draymond Green
Paul George
Klay Thompson
Chris Paul
Dwayne Wade

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
05-13-2016, 12:53 AM
KD
Draymond
Westbrook
Steph
CP
Kawhi
Bran
George
Klay
Dirk

sd3035
05-13-2016, 01:02 AM
Curry

Durant/Lebald/Westbrook

Kawhi/Paul George/Kyrie

Kevin Love
Aldridge
Lillard

Young X
05-13-2016, 01:06 AM
Curry
James
Durant
Paul
Westbrook
Leonard
Green
Davis
Harden
Lillard

Something like that.

People are overrating George based on one series. He was nowhere near a top 5 player. His scoring in the Raptors series was completely unsustainable and his numbers would've went down just like Aldridge's did had they advanced.

ballinhun8
05-13-2016, 01:10 AM
1- Curry

2-10 Everyone else

MASH Transit
05-13-2016, 01:14 AM
1. Curry
2. Durant
3. LeBron
4. Westbrook
5. Chris Paul
6. James Harden
7. Kawhi Leonard
8. Anthony Davis
9. Paul George
10. Klay Thompson

warriorfan
05-13-2016, 02:03 PM
I wouldn't say Klay is a top 10 player

His defense has declined and he has not improved his ball handling, passing, and decision making

He is a top 3 shooter in the game but the rest of his game is lacking

RRR3
05-13-2016, 02:07 PM
1. Mario Chalmers
2. LeBron James
3. JaVale McGee
4. "Zero Votes" Curry
5. K.J. McDaniels
6. Kosta Koufos
7. Andre Drummond's Headband
8. Thabo Sefolosha's tattoo
9. Adreian Payne
10. Dwyane Wade

feyki
05-13-2016, 02:12 PM
1 - Curry
2 - Lebron
3 - Durant
4 - PG
5 - West
6 - Dray
7 - Kawhi
8 - Lilliard
9 - Aldridge
10 - Klay

pauk
05-13-2016, 04:00 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry/Westbrook
4. Westbrook/Curry
5. Harden
6. George
7. Kawhi
8. Klay/Dray
9. Dray/Klay
10. Davis

Young X
05-13-2016, 04:04 PM
^ Terrible list.

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2016, 04:05 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry/Westbrook
4. Westbrook/Curry
5. Harden
6. George
7. Kawhi
8. Klay/Dray
9. Dray/Klay
10. Davis

you GOTTA be shitting me pauk...

feyki
05-13-2016, 04:06 PM
1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Curry/Westbrook
4. Westbrook/Curry
5. Harden
6. George
7. Kawhi
8. Klay/Dray
9. Dray/Klay
10. Davis

:crazysam:

BlakFrankWhite
05-13-2016, 04:07 PM
How the Fck can anyone put George ahead of Westbrook?

Did y'all not watch Russ DOMINATE the Dpoy? Ffs

feyki
05-13-2016, 04:20 PM

With pathetic Dfrozen-esque %47 TS ?

George wasn't guarded very well by Raptors players . But he averaged 28-8-4 with above %60 TS .

Also , this place is playoffs . There's no way to hogging the ball and padding stats . Durant is clearly the main guy of Okc right now .

ShawkFactory
05-13-2016, 04:22 PM

Kawhi didn't get DPOY for being able to lock down PGs. CP3 and other smaller and quicker guards have had more success against him too.

TheMarkMadsen
05-13-2016, 06:01 PM
And Pauk wonders why nobody takes him seriously :oldlol: :oldlol:

VengefulAngel
05-13-2016, 06:12 PM
And Pauk wonders why nobody takes him seriously :oldlol: :oldlol:

Most pathetic LBJ stan on this board. :roll: :roll:

SwayDizzle
05-13-2016, 06:14 PM
both KD and LBJ are better than Kawhi

imdaman99
05-13-2016, 06:16 PM

Westbrook never gets any love like I said, unless it's to shit on Durant. The most dynamic and exciting player in the NBA, and he is reduced to, oh he shot poorly and had turnovers against Tony Parker!!!!!!!!11111

Durant is clearly their best player, but Westbrook has the better games in tough road environments :rockon:

dannywpt
05-13-2016, 06:22 PM
Curry
Durant
Westbrook
LeBron
Leonard
George
Davis
Harden
Paul
Green

DatAsh
05-13-2016, 07:49 PM
1. Lebron
2. Green
3. Paul
4. Curry(would be number 1 without injury)
5. Westbrook
6. Kawhi
7. Durant
8. George
9. Harden
10. Lowry

Really considered Green at #1. I think he gives more lift to great teams than any other player in the league, but Lebron isn't too far behind imo, and Lebron actually gives average teams enough lift to have a reasonable shot at a title. I don't really consider what players can do with bad teams.

ArbitraryWater
05-13-2016, 07:55 PM
1. Lebron
2. Green
3. Paul
5. Westbrook
6. Kawhi
7. Durant
8. George
9. Harden
10. Lowry

Really considered Green at #1. I think he gives more lift to great teams than any other player in the league, but Lebron isn't too far behind imo, and Lebron actually gives average teams enough lift to have a reasonable shot at a title. I don't really consider what players can do with bad teams.

BRUH

This list is terrible, honestly.. from someone whos actually a respected poster.

I mean, lets just start with the arbitrary Curry selection.... why exactly 4?

DatAsh
05-13-2016, 07:56 PM
I don't need any. His defensive stats are going to be inflated because he guards the worse perimeter player on the opposing team.
He would've gaurded Jason Terry, McCollum (who roasted him), and next round most like Roberson for the Thunder. Obviously his defensive stats are going to look better than Klay's whom has to gaurd the opposing team best scorer.

If you have to get hidden on defense while your teammate gaurd's your man because your coach knows you'll get lit up, you're a liability on defense.

Your're right that this would upwardly skew his vantage statistics, but it would still drag down his drpm if true.

Curry is an above average defender for his position, at least to my eyes.

K Xerxes
05-13-2016, 07:57 PM
1. Lebron
2. Green
3. Paul
5. Westbrook
6. Kawhi
7. Durant
8. George
9. Harden
10. Lowry

I get you're big on defense & intangibles, and I respect your opinion, but I really don't see how it's at all reasonable to have Green 5 spots above Durant (or even 4 if Curry is healthy).

Dro
05-13-2016, 08:05 PM
1. Curry
2. Draymond Green
3. KD
4. Westbrook
5. CP3
6. Klay Thompson
7. Paul George
8. James Harden
9. Kyrie Irving
10. Kawhi
Klay Thompson???

DatAsh
05-13-2016, 08:12 PM
BRUH

This list is terrible, honestly.. from someone whos actually a respected poster.

I mean, lets just start with the arbitrary Curry selection.... why exactly 4?

I kind of expected this, to be honest. Maybe it is terrible, but it's how I view things right now. Also, I kinda "guessed" after #7 :ohwell:. I don't think I watched enough of those guys games to really make an educated guess.

Re Curry at #4: I had Curry as #1, and on pace for a near GOAT caliber season...before the injury, but missing the first round and a few games of the second matters a lot to me, about as much as missing 90% of the regular season. Looking back, I'm tempted to put him even lower, but it just feels so wrong - given how damn good he actually was.

DatAsh
05-14-2016, 02:20 AM
I get you're big on defense & intangibles, and I respect your opinion, but I really don't see how it's at all reasonable to have Green 5 spots above Durant (or even 4 if Curry is healthy).

Well, there were some pretty glaring inconsistencies in my list. I rated Westbrook over Durant based on impact this year, yet I didn't rank Green over Lebron despite my belief that he had more impact. My goal isn't to rank impact, as I believe impact is a product of both ability and fit. I also failed to punish Paul for his broken hand. Durant should be over Westbrook, and Paul shouldn't be in the top 10.

Re Green: I think there is enough on/off data to suggest that Green really did have more impact than any other player this year, and he did so on a great team, which is much more valuable in my eyes than that same impact on a bad or average team.